gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:23:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys 2021 Feel Flows World Tour Thread  (Read 342303 times)
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 18, 2020, 04:15:14 AM »

Lots of gigs and festivals in June being cancelled due to Coronavirus
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 18, 2020, 05:23:40 PM »

Another venue-confirmed postponement:
April 26 — Austin, TX (Bass Concert Hall)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 24, 2020, 12:45:03 PM »

This just in, official confirmation of date cancellations/postponements from BRI, with some rescheduled dates:

In an effort to keep our fellow American neighbors safe, The Beach Boys’ tour dates originally scheduled between March 25, 2020 and May 1, 2020 are ALL officially postponed and please note the following:

Rutland, VT -- 25 Mar 2020
SHOW HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO WED 16 SEP 2020

Keene, NH -- 26 Mar 2020
CANCELED**

Portland, ME -- 27 Mar 2020
SHOW HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO THUR 17 SEP 2020

Lynn, MA -- 28 Mar 2020
CANCELED**

Wallingford, CT -- 29 Mar 2020
SHOW HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO FRI 18 SEP 2020

Worcester, MA -- 31 Mar 2020
CANCELED**

Newark, NJ -- 3 Apr 2020
CANCELED**

Washington, DC -- 07 Apr 2020
SHOW HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO TUE 01 DEC 2020

Ithaca, NY -- 09 Apr 2020
CANCELED**

Alexandria, LA -- 24 Apr 2020
CANCELED**
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:02:45 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 28, 2020, 12:24:47 PM »

In case anyone’s interested, Mike and Bruce and I guess a couple of others will sing Kokomo on the Huckabee program tonight.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 28, 2020, 04:17:58 PM »

In case anyone’s interested, Mike and Bruce and I guess a couple of others will sing Kokomo on the Huckabee program tonight.

Haven't we suffered enough?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 28, 2020, 04:23:33 PM »

I’ll be self-isolating from that.  Grin
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 28, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »

Ditto...as best as I can tell, Mike and Bruce don't have any shows until July now with cancellations etc. Unless I'm missing some?
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 28, 2020, 10:36:35 PM »

So what do people think are the chances of two men in their 70s, a band and thousands of fans coming to play in what is essentially a retirement home for WW2 veterans in London in June?

Fair to say that gig isn’t happening, and I’d imagine Brian at the Albert Hall isn’t either Sad
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 29, 2020, 12:14:23 AM »

If it was me at that age with money in the bank I’d give it a miss this year, Brian especially given his frailty. Mike however takes pride in The Beach Boys having never missed a summer tour, so let’s just wait and see. Personally I think it would be nuts given the rising US stats.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 29, 2020, 01:15:39 AM »

If it was me at that age with money in the bank I’d give it a miss this year, Brian especially given his frailty. Mike however takes pride in The Beach Boys having never missed a summer tour, so let’s just wait and see. Personally I think it would be nuts given the rising US stats.

I think the venues will likely cancel it for them, especially the one I highlighted
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: March 29, 2020, 07:39:22 AM »

I wasn't criticizing it...in fact, I agree with it. It just hadn't been mentioned here in awhile, and I thought it was worth getting back on topic. Forgive me.  Roll Eyes
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #811 on: March 29, 2020, 09:57:44 AM »

Ditto...as best as I can tell, Mike and Bruce don't have any shows until July now with cancellations etc. Unless I'm missing some?

The London gig in June hasn't been cancelled yet (or if it has, they haven't told me). It will not doubt be cancelled soon though. For one thing, its at a hospital for army pensioners....

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 16, 2020, 02:31:54 PM »

The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival has been officially cancelled for 2020. Not surprising since all big music events here have been cancelled. The city and its musicians are really hurting.
So no Beach Boys down here.
Wonder if they might still do their annual Biloxi shows in early October (they perform every year as part of a big vintage car festival )

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 16, 2020, 11:32:55 PM »

I keep hearing radio ads for the Beach Boys at the Puyallup Fair; that's in September, but at this point, I will be surprised if any of the big events in our state go on. On the one hand, I will really miss seeing the guys again this year, because Mike is at the age were changes in health can come on very abruptly; but the way things are right now, I can't really get excited about being in a big crowd. It's going to be a very weird - and lonely - summer.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 06, 2020, 05:05:23 AM »

Live at Chelsea/London gig cancelled.

In a shocking turn of events, these 80 year olds will not be playing in a hospital for centenarian war veterans....

Message from AXS, one of the ticket providers:

Hello,

We are contacting you to let you know that Live at Chelsea 2020 planned to take place this June has been cancelled.

Statement below:
It is with great sadness that we have to announce the cancellation of Live at Chelsea 2020 due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.

It is an incredible honour that we are able to host the concert series at the Royal Hospital Chelsea, the home of the famous Chelsea Pensioners, but having this honour does mean that extra consideration has had to be taken in to account when making the decision to cancel the event. Along with our customers, event staff and artists, our top priority is the health and wellbeing of the Chelsea Pensioners, the Royal Hospital staff and all of their families. Being an operational retirement home that houses and cares for over 300 army veterans it is extremely important that the Royal Hospital can continue its role in the daily lives of those who live there without any interruption.

We look forward to returning to The Royal Hospital with Live at Chelsea 2021, where we will be sure to have an extra special celebration, and we hope you will be there alongside us.

In the meantime, we wish everyone the best of the health.

The Live at Chelsea management team.

Due to the large number of shows that are being postponed and cancelled at this time, all ticket matters for this show are being dealt with by the organiser in the first instance. To see what your options are, please visit www.myticket.co.uk/account and register your ticket booking. You will need the details of your booking in order to do so.

Your friends at AXS

And from the organisers:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 07:36:40 AM by UEF » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 06, 2020, 11:04:47 AM »

Two more cancellations, both by the venue:

July 9 -- Rohnert Park, CA -- Sonoma State University, Green Music Center
This date is part of the Summer at the Green 2020 series, which has been cancelled, to be rescheduled.

Sept. 12 -- Highland Park, IL -- Ravinia Festival
The entire 2020 season of shows at Ravinia has been cancelled.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:05:16 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 06, 2020, 08:25:29 PM »

I had tickets for four events this summer.

Two Nights with Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band in June, rescheduled to June of 2021.
Billy Joel at the Garden in August, rescheduled to February of 2021.
Hall & Oates w/ Squeeze, still on for August. I can't imagine that's going to last though.

It seems pretty safe to assume that the summer concert season, if not the remainder of 2020, is shot for large gatherings which, contrary to the wishes of some, Mike and Bruce still draw.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: May 07, 2020, 09:02:08 AM »

I don't think this was posted before, was it?

2019 All Access Pass Interview with The Beach Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ5748SM59w

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 07, 2020, 10:25:37 AM »

RubberSoul13, it's the same deal for me. We have tickets for three upcoming concerts by non-BB artists: one show has been rescheduled to Nov. 2020, one to May 2021, and the other has been postponed, with no new date announced yet.

And another M&B cancellation announced by the venue:
July 26 -- Sylvania, OH -- Centennial Terrace
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 10:57:20 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #819 on: May 07, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »

I think it's safe to assume that any and all concerts are not happening - and unfortunately this may extend well into the fall if not the rest of 2020 depending on which state is making the decision. If some states will not allow live gatherings and events, and some will...it will make scheduling and booking travel for touring artists impossible.

And just remember how many people work in and around the live entertainment industry as a full-time job who are not famous artists and who are prevented from working in their profession for the unknown future. From the drivers and road crews, to the sound and lighting techs, to the people who work at the venues including food services. It's a fucking nightmare. And until the states figure out both how to proceed and how to help people in this industry and others in the short term, there are not only concerts being canceled but people's livelihoods put on hold if not ruined outright through no fault of their own. If you're the praying type, maybe add these folks who make these events happen to those prayers.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 07, 2020, 01:34:13 PM »

I think it's safe to assume that any and all concerts are not happening - and unfortunately this may extend well into the fall if not the rest of 2020 depending on which state is making the decision. If some states will not allow live gatherings and events, and some will...it will make scheduling and booking travel for touring artists impossible.

And just remember how many people work in and around the live entertainment industry as a full-time job who are not famous artists and who are prevented from working in their profession for the unknown future. From the drivers and road crews, to the sound and lighting techs, to the people who work at the venues including food services. It's a fucking nightmare. And until the states figure out both how to proceed and how to help people in this industry and others in the short term, there are not only concerts being canceled but people's livelihoods put on hold if not ruined outright through no fault of their own. If you're the praying type, maybe add these folks who make these events happen to those prayers.
Amen. I don't know which is worse - being employed in a non-essential service (that's me), and not making any money (unless you are one of the lucky few that can collect UI)...or continuing to work through the pandemic, knowing you are at risk everytime you go out.
I have a friend who is truly a working musician - unlike me, he gave up his day job decades ago; he makes his living performing. Except that now there's nowhere to play, and live streams on facebook don't generate revenue.
I will be surprised if we see a return to live performing before the end of the year.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #821 on: May 07, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »

As I've said elsewhere, it also doesn't help the prospect of Mike's tour dates that his average/typical/mean audience member age is much higher than most tours. Now, I don't think this will impact any laws/regulations about opening places back up for concerts, but it's something Mike should think about. If someone's got to be the "canary in the coal mine", it probably shouldn't be a show that draws MANY over the age of 65. Mike also plays a lot of standing, general admission shows.

Guitarfool brought up a good point about it being problematic even if half of the states open back for shows. Some touring operations can't afford the overhead to keep those dates. Very creative travel arrangements an re-bookings may help.

But there's also the issue of whether shows might first open up with staggered seating, like restaurants are planning. If so, that would impact both the currently-scheduled shows (which would need to be canceled and re-sold with reconfigured/reduced seating), and would impact revenue for current and future shows. Mike runs a lean touring operation. Can he afford to do shows where every 5,000-seater is now a 2,000-seater, and every 1,800-seater show is now like 800 or 900 seats? Pollstar's 2018 numbers show that Mike had an average ticket sale figure (presumably a per-show average) of 1,248 (Brian's was 1,755).

Can Mike afford to keep touring to 600 people per show? Will people go if he doubles the ticket price? All interesting questions.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:18:43 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 07, 2020, 06:15:14 PM »

Realistically I think tours won’t be an option until there is a vaccine plus one year. Most over 65s might want a ‘see how things go’ buffer before attending mass gatherings IMO.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 07, 2020, 11:40:14 PM »

Yes, live entertainment is pretty much screwed for the rest of 2020.  I don't know that it'll take a vaccine to change the situation. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. But for all the reasons y'all have cited, it's just not realistic to schedule a tour, sell tickets etc with so many unknowns. 

The headliners like Mike/Brian/Al are generally rich people and won't starve as a result of this unfortunate turn of events, but, man, what a blow to all the side musicians, backup singers, roadies, lighting people, venue operators & staff who make their living in this field.   Ugh. What a disaster.  Not really this forum for this I know, but I'm just baffled how stock market can only be down 15% year-to-date.  Whole sectors are just screwed, and lot of folks just don't seem to get it.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 08, 2020, 11:49:09 AM »

Another postponement: Elk Grove Village, IL has cancelled their Mid-Summer Concert Series for this summer and rescheduled the entire lineup for next year.

The M&B show originally scheduled for July 28 will now be:

July 27, 2021 -- Elk Grove Village, IL -- Elk Grove Village Green
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 06:28:34 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 51 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx