gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:17:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys 2021 Feel Flows World Tour Thread  (Read 342241 times)
KDS
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2018, 11:16:36 AM »

I just bought cheap tickets (about half price) to go to their show tonight at the Luhrs Center in PA. I'm honestly only bothering because my girlfriend really wants to go, but based on recent shows there's not really anything too new I haven't seen. Aside from a new bass player and Christian singing God Only Knows, which i'll admit in the videos I've seen he sounds very solid on. But other than that i'm prepared for the same old meat and potatoes show, much more excited to see Al at Rams Head next week.

I wonder if they'll expand the setlist as the new / returning bandmembers get more comfortable.    When I saw them at the Lyric two years ago, it was a 43 (I think) song set. 

That's correct. That show at the Lyric was probably the best I've ever seen Mike and Bruce give...still salty about "All I Wanna Do" getting cut.  LOL

I honestly wish you'd never shared that All I Wanna Do was actually on the setlist only to get cut.   That's beyond disappointing and does slightly temper how much I enjoyed that show. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2018, 11:52:16 AM »

On Al's live album, he literally crossed songs out on the back cover that he cut out!

I always wondered if excising "Kokomo" so visibly was done purposely. Bummer about "You Still Believe In Me" though; the Wilson sisters sounded good on that on when they toured with Al.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2018, 11:09:45 AM »

Aug 7 date added at Tioga Downs, NY
KDS
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2018, 11:15:03 AM »

On Al's live album, he literally crossed songs out on the back cover that he cut out!

I always wondered if excising "Kokomo" so visibly was done purposely. Bummer about "You Still Believe In Me" though; the Wilson sisters sounded good on that on when they toured with Al.

I've always wondered.   If this a picture of a setlist to a show where YSBIM and Kokomo were actually cut out, or were they both left off for length purposes?   If it was a time thing, I'd have gladly sacrificed Fun Fun Fun or Barbara Ann for YSBIM.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2018, 02:10:50 PM »

Another new date: August 5th at Bethel, NY (the REAL site of Woodstock '69!)
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2018, 11:15:17 PM »

Lol @ leaving in California Energy Blues as the show closer.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2018, 06:05:30 AM »

Lol @ leaving in California Energy Blues as the show closer.

"California Energy Blues" was a studio track added as a "bonus track" to the CD.

If you look closely, it appears the back cover listing *is* from an actual concert-used setlist, but they've superimposed the bonus track name in the same font.

As for whether the scratched-out songs were scratched out for the show or for the CD, I'm not sure (and keep in mind Al did a run of like a week or two of shows in Las Vegas in late 1999, so the CD probably isn't from one single show), but I'd guess probably for the CD.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2018, 09:09:37 AM »

I saw two M&B shows this past week. They were both, for the most part, excellent. I've stayed away from this board mostly because I absolutely can't stand the Mike vs. Brian bantering. I don't get how you can walk away from ANY Beach Boys related concert, if you truly love this music, and not have a good feeling in your heart.

Both bands are excellent, both feature original members of The Beach Boys, both make their audience happy. I'm gonna continue to see both for as long as possible.

(But even having said that - the Mark McGrath stuff needs to go, pronto).

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
KDS
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »

I saw two M&B shows this past week. They were both, for the most part, excellent. I've stayed away from this board mostly because I absolutely can't stand the Mike vs. Brian bantering. I don't get how you can walk away from ANY Beach Boys related concert, if you truly love this music, and not have a good feeling in your heart.

Both bands are excellent, both feature original members of The Beach Boys, both make their audience happy. I'm gonna continue to see both for as long as possible.

(But even having said that - the Mark McGrath stuff needs to go, pronto).

In the past couple years, I've attended Brian shows, Mike's Beach Boys shows, and now an Al Storyteller show, and loved every one. 

But, I agree 100% about the Do It Again at Mike's shows.   Never has there been a concert in the history of music that was improved by a contribution by Mark McGrath.   
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2018, 09:22:05 AM »

I’m going to see  a great cover band in May in Hartford WI, “Sounds of Summer. “ They are on a national tour.
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2018, 10:20:10 AM »

Just checked them out on tbeir site. Ok,...but.the keyboard guy sings Brians parts.......so, how come the bass vocalist is suddenly on the high parts in the next tune?  They seem  reasonable....but, really, "tribute" = "theft" of intellectual property, image and artistry. Increasingly, I find this approach stifling new works and new ideas.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »

Tribute bands have been around for eons. As long as they're properly advertised, there's nothing wrong with them. Some are awful, a few are great, a lot of them are okay.

Mike Love's tour is essentially a licensed tribute band.

It isn't low-budget tribute bands playing festivals that are stifling "new works and ideas." Talk to the myriad of huge bands/artists (including various iterations of "The Beach Boys" over the years) who toured for decades without creating much in the way of "new works."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:11:46 PM by HeyJude » Logged

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2018, 01:14:16 PM »

I'm frankly surprised that Beach Boys tribute bands can get a decent amount of bookings considering there is an actual band using the "Beach Boys" name playing all year, every year, including some smaller market venues.

“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2018, 07:37:56 PM »

July 17: Interlochen, MI

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2018, 11:52:41 AM »

Interlochen is a fantastic venue to see a show.  I wonder if they'll be doing the meet and greet packages for this show?
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2018, 07:18:23 AM »

Bethlehem PA Events Center will present The Beach Boys on Aug 14
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2018, 02:03:58 PM »

The Boys will hit the stage on September 28 at Norsk Hostfest, in ND.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2018, 03:37:27 PM »

There's the crucial smaller markets they know and love...
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2018, 12:21:29 PM »

Another Jersey date added for The Beach Boys. Aug. 18 in Ocean Grove

https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/events/2018/04/30/beach-boys-return-ocean-grove-great-auditorium-date/477684002/
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2018, 12:25:42 PM »

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:47:06 PM by Amy B. » Logged
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2018, 06:37:00 AM »

On September 15, The Beach Boys will play the Kansas State Fair.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »

Wow...they're at the Mountain Winery in CA the next night! Say what you will about these guys (and there is plenty to say...) but they certainly work hard.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2018, 03:31:41 PM »

They have a new photo on their tour dates page that now includes Keith as well as Christian Love. It also looks like Mike and Bruce's faces have been poorly digitally enhanced to look younger and brighter. It's pretty creepy.

https://www.thebeachboys.com/tour
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »

Looks like Stan is subbing for Mike this year.  LOL
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2018, 09:27:47 PM »

They have a new photo on their tour dates page that now includes Keith as well as Christian Love. It also looks like Mike and Bruce's faces have been poorly digitally enhanced to look younger and brighter. It's pretty creepy.

https://www.thebeachboys.com/tour

I didn't see anything weird or creepy about the band photo.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 51 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx