gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:58:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1968 Copyright Extension Release Thread  (Read 182386 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 02, 2019, 06:11:10 AM »

Are there any rumblings regarding anything from 1969 coming out this year?

There's been some minor stuff, but nothing close to official. Some think there could be a Sunflower box set or even a Sunflower / Surf's Up set, which would be awesome. But I don't know. It would be cool to some physical product this year from the guys, but if the best we can get is downloads (a la last years sets) then so be it. I'll be happy to buy the stuff either way!

And I just realized I didn't answer your question. I would say its about 99% sure that we will get at least a 1969 set this year, judging by the copyright sets they've done since 2013 (for the 1963 material).
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #576 on: August 02, 2019, 09:55:54 AM »

I recall that in some interview over the past year, Boyd and/or Linett mentioned that there isn't much (if anything) in the BB's vaults as far as 1969 *live* recordings, so I would say indeed we should hopefully be looking at some good studio material as the main release this year.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
mustomax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 02, 2019, 12:15:48 PM »

I recall that in some interview over the past year, Boyd and/or Linett mentioned that there isn't much (if anything) in the BB's vaults as far as 1969 *live* recordings, so I would say indeed we should hopefully be looking at some good studio material as the main release this year.

Yes...I remenber too! And he said that about 1970 too. BUT... we all know about the Big Sur concert of 1070! So... we hope he forgot smoe other shows...
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 03, 2019, 12:51:21 AM »

Wouldn't there be a legal issue with release the show, since it was a festival and not primarily a Beach Boys event/concert?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
mustomax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 03, 2019, 10:47:12 AM »

Wouldn't there be a legal issue with release the show, since it was a festival and not primarily a Beach Boys event/concert?

That was the question I was asking to myself...

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 22, 2019, 06:21:58 AM »

Are there any rumblings regarding anything from 1969 coming out this year?

There's been some minor stuff, but nothing close to official. Some think there could be a Sunflower box set or even a Sunflower / Surf's Up set, which would be awesome. But I don't know. It would be cool to some physical product this year from the guys, but if the best we can get is downloads (a la last years sets) then so be it. I'll be happy to buy the stuff either way!

And I just realized I didn't answer your question. I would say its about 99% sure that we will get at least a 1969 set this year, judging by the copyright sets they've done since 2013 (for the 1963 material).

I would certainly love a SDE of Sunflower/Surf's Up in one set, with all recordings in chronological order, and in vintage mixes where appropriate. However, I'm also a big fan of the 2CD set format, as not only was it physical AND cheap, but it was also cheaper than buying the digital download last year. But I also don't want to miss out on anything... we'll see where we go from here. This material, IMO, demands the vintage mixes as most of the material has come out since in other mixes, though I'm for alt mixes, remixes, and a cappella/backing track mixes too.

Okay, sod it, give us everything.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 22, 2019, 08:05:08 AM »

I would absolutely love a release of Sunflower as it was presented in Stephen Desper's Vimeo video. Since hearing it, I haven't listened to my Sunflower/Surf's Up cd. There just doesn't seem to be a point to hearing it in any other mix/master. My question is, would the matrix version sound the same if transferred to CD format?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx