gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:19:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 copyright extension release details?  (Read 38940 times)
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2017, 09:28:22 PM »

Is there going to be a hi-res release? I see it all over right now but not on any of the hi-res sites.
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2017, 11:05:29 PM »

Both Hawaii shows plus rehearsals!  I was never a big fan of them, but always intrigued by these shows.  The rehearsals could be better than the shows.  After all these years, BAM!  We get the Lei'd in Hawaii "studio live album" in June and then all of the live Hawaii stuff too.  Unprecedented.
pdas1996
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2017, 11:49:45 PM »

YouTube Auto Playlists:

1967 - Live Sunshine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRQ7Rcl2MoI&list=PLwFsDzPVxD-xxDJD8-ugIbE04jH44SYI2

1967 - Sunshine Tomorrow 2: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnpP76zf9UVklZyk2kgGqgFjeiyq8dXs
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2017, 04:51:03 AM »

- the end of ‘Wind Chimes’ backing vocals - indescribable how beautiful it is.

Had to post to say something about this. Beautiful indeed.

Once again, thanks to all those involved in putting these special releases together!

Watch out for snakes!
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2017, 09:10:04 AM »

Is there going to be a hi-res release? I see it all over right now but not on any of the hi-res sites.

TIDAL has it in FLAC, but I’m going to wait for other sites to offer it. $25.19 for Sunshine Tomorrow 2, $91.79 for Live Sunshine  Shocked

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Rich E P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2017, 09:20:49 AM »

Are the prices the same in each country for this?  Just curious.  In Canada it is $15 for the Sunshine Tomorrow and $55 for Live Sunshine.  Can't complain as it is an embarrassment of riches.  Just wanted to also add my thanks to those involved.  So wonderful to hear all of this material.  This will be my favourite Christmas gift.  The vocals only stuff just reduces me to jello in the best way possible.
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2017, 09:26:48 AM »

Are the prices the same in each country for this?  Just curious.

The “standard rez” prices in the US are $14.99 for Sunshine Tomorrow 2 and $54.99 for Live Sunshine (on iTunes at least). The prices that I mentioned before were for the high-resolution version TIDAL is selling.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2017, 09:30:41 AM »

Hope this doesn't hinder the sells of "Unleash The Love"!

LOL LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Rich E P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2017, 09:30:46 AM »

Thanks Big Daddy!  I only ask as there was that one year where there was a huge variation in pricing in the Beatles and Beach Boys copy write extension sets and then the price was changed and I was just curious how standardized the prices were.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2017, 10:22:35 AM »

LOL LOL LOL LOL

The choice being similar to this:

Versus this:

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2017, 10:30:48 AM »

LOL LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2017, 10:33:36 AM »

Just started digging into this set.

It is SO, SO awesome.

Thank you Mark Linett and the powers that be who enabled this set to see the light of day. Historically very significant, and an absolute joy to hear. We are VERY lucky.

Interesting that the more one pulls back the layers of the stems of Smiley Smile, the more in parts it seems to be to be the psychedelic successor to the Beach Boys Party! album. Especially on the stripped down version of She's Going Bald, due to the bongos and sparse instrumentation.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2017, 10:59:46 AM »

Just started digging into this set.

It is SO, SO awesome.

Thank you Mark Linett and the powers that be who enabled this set to see the light of day. Historically very significant, and an absolute joy to hear. We are VERY lucky.

Interesting that the more one pulls back the layers of the stems of Smiley Smile, the more in parts it seems to be to be the psychedelic successor to the Beach Boys Party! album. Especially on the stripped down version of She's Going Bald, due to the bongos and sparse instrumentation.

Another thing I realize as I listen to this (and the 2012 stereo version made this somewhat clear too) is how beautiful the Smiley Smile songs are. The original mix is muddy as hell, and nothing is clear...it just sounds like a mess, and though I liked many of the songs I never really listened to them because of their mix.

But you're right, the more you peal back the layers on these latest sets you realize what all is there. This is some of the most tender singing they ever did. And yeah, I always kinda thought the stripped down Smile was kinda like a mirror of Party in a way...which makes me wish Brian did more of a Pet Sounds approach to the Wild Honey material (following up the more sparse album with a big production album).

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that some if not most of the live '67 shows outside of the Hawaii gigs were captured as live house mixes, and not on multi-track.

High-rez version can only sound better, but I would imagine unlike the studio stuff, that live stuff not freshly mixed from multitracks won't sound mind-bogglingly better in high-rez.

Still haven't been able to fully dig into this stuff yet, but the "Sunshine Tomorrow 2" set is majorly impressive. The vocals-only mix and other stripped down mixes are revelatory. Just like the other stuff on the first "Sunshine Tomorrow" set, all kinds of interesting things previously difficult to discern.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2017, 11:04:40 AM »

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Versus this:

Ironically, even that Hungry Man is just a modern-day remake of the originals!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2017, 11:23:07 AM »

Sorry if this has been posted before (I read most of the thread but might have missed something).  Will this ever be released in CD format?  And if not, does anyone know if you can copy it onto a blank CD or is it protected?  I don't want to make copies for friends or anything, I just still like to have actual CDs that I can play on my stereo.  I am technologically impaired.

And THANK YOU to the people who got this to happen.   
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2017, 11:25:46 AM »

Sorry if this has been posted before (I read most of the thread but might have missed something).  Will this ever be released in CD format?  And if not, does anyone know if you can copy it onto a blank CD or is it protected?  I don't want to make copies for friends or anything, I just still like to have actual CDs that I can play on my stereo.  I am technologically impaired.

It's digital-only, as most of the "Copyright Extension" sets since 2013 have been.

You can take the downloaded tracks and burn a CD, yes. You can do that in iTunes, and surely many other programs as well. Having you own backup physical copy makes total sense.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2017, 12:25:22 PM »

So what's everybody think about "Tune L"? I personally was pretty impressed. A nice little rocker from Dennis that honestly sounds like it woulda fit in with the early '70s in my opinion.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2017, 12:47:14 PM »

It's digital-only, as most of the "Copyright Extension" sets since 2013 have been.

You can take the downloaded tracks and burn a CD, yes. You can do that in iTunes, and surely many other programs as well. Having you own backup physical copy makes total sense.

Thanks, HeyJude.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2017, 12:58:16 PM »

GF!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2017, 02:07:42 PM »

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Versus this:

Oh dear God LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2017, 02:11:23 PM »

Can we have a righteous bald dude review of the hungry man (of BBs products)?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2017, 02:38:16 PM »

I'd have chosen the 99 cent Banquet brand frozen meals for the analogy, but basically spot on.
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2017, 03:10:19 PM »

TIDAL has it in FLAC, but I’m going to wait for other sites to offer it. $25.19 for Sunshine Tomorrow 2, $91.79 for Live Sunshine  Shocked

us.7digital.com now has the releases in 16-bit/44.1kHz FLAC at the more budget-friendly prices of $20.49 and $73.99 FYI.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2017, 04:11:23 PM »

Hawaii live tracks aren’t as bad as I remember them!

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx