gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:05:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 272413 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: January 29, 2018, 07:07:05 PM »

I think that's also something worth exploring for Brian at some point.   He does seem to enjoy playing still (with the possible exception of Pet Sounds), and that would take all of the strain from touring, especially with his back problems.  

KDS, why do you and others keep bringing up health issues with Brian? "Oh, poor Brian, he needs to give it a rest with his bad back..." etc etc etc.

The guy has toured the world and played a full schedule of dates, and unless I missed something Brian did not cancel or miss a single show due to health issues, back or otherwise.

Bruce missed shows due to health issues, maybe you guys could start posting for Mike to cut back on the touring so Bruce can stay healthy? Or to give Mike's voice a rest? Or doesn't it work like that?

Seriously, though...if Brian was too ill to tour or simply didn't want to, he would not be doing it. I don't know how much more on that topic can be repeated to counter all of these "oh poor, dear Brian, it's such a strain for him!" type of histrionics.

If he was cancelling shows because of health ailments, it would be another story. He hasn't.

He looks lethargic and uninvolved onstage. As he walks offstage, usually a roadie or two will walk out and take his arm as he walks. His voice has degraded noticeably over the past 3 years. He's well into his 70s and very overweight. Mike and Bruce are, in comparison, very spry and in good shape. The concerns about Brian's health are not unfounded.

You beat me to it.  

Should he quit touring then?

This is from a recent interview with Al Jardine where he spoke with Brian about touring, and this was the reply:

“I just spoke to him on Christmas. He says, ‘I miss touring.’ I said, ‘Me, too.’ ”

Keep beating the dead horse, KDS. Brian will quit the road when he decides to quit. If he misses it, as he told Al, it doesn't seem like that will happen in the near future.

If Bruce was the one who had to miss shows due to health issues, maybe you should start posting that Mike needs to cut back on his touring, rest his voice, and give Bruce a rest too. I don't see those kinds of calls to cut back headed Mike's way anytime soon, if ever. So there's that.

This B.S. line from so many champions of Mike about "oh, poor Brian..." with his health and touring...Brian's answer as direct and as bullshit-free as it could be, is simply "I miss touring." Can it get any more clear than that?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:07:47 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
KDS
« Reply #326 on: January 29, 2018, 07:10:20 PM »

I think that's also something worth exploring for Brian at some point.   He does seem to enjoy playing still (with the possible exception of Pet Sounds), and that would take all of the strain from touring, especially with his back problems.  

KDS, why do you and others keep bringing up health issues with Brian? "Oh, poor Brian, he needs to give it a rest with his bad back..." etc etc etc.

The guy has toured the world and played a full schedule of dates, and unless I missed something Brian did not cancel or miss a single show due to health issues, back or otherwise.

Bruce missed shows due to health issues, maybe you guys could start posting for Mike to cut back on the touring so Bruce can stay healthy? Or to give Mike's voice a rest? Or doesn't it work like that?

Seriously, though...if Brian was too ill to tour or simply didn't want to, he would not be doing it. I don't know how much more on that topic can be repeated to counter all of these "oh poor, dear Brian, it's such a strain for him!" type of histrionics.

If he was cancelling shows because of health ailments, it would be another story. He hasn't.

He looks lethargic and uninvolved onstage. As he walks offstage, usually a roadie or two will walk out and take his arm as he walks. His voice has degraded noticeably over the past 3 years. He's well into his 70s and very overweight. Mike and Bruce are, in comparison, very spry and in good shape. The concerns about Brian's health are not unfounded.

You beat me to it.  

This is from a recent interview with Al Jardine where he spoke with Brian about touring, and this was the reply:

“I just spoke to him on Christmas. He says, ‘I miss touring.’ I said, ‘Me, too.’ ”

Keep beating the dead horse, KDS. Brian will quit the road when he decides to quit. If he misses it, as he told Al, it doesn't seem like that will happen in the near future.

If Bruce was the one who had to miss shows due to health issues, maybe you should start posting that Mike needs to cut back on his touring, rest his voice, and give Bruce a rest too. I don't see those kinds of calls to cut back headed Mike's way anytime soon, if ever. So there's that.

This B.S. line from so many champions of Mike about "oh, poor Brian..." with his health and touring...Brian's answer as direct and as bullshit-free as it could be, is simply "I miss touring." Can it get any more clear than that?

I never suggested he should quit touring.  I merely suggested with his back issues, a residency could be beneficial.

Relax, guitarfool2002, eat a Snickers.  

EDIT - And I have suggested that Mike and Bruce could stand to do less shows.  All of these guys are in the 3rd act of life after all.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:11:43 PM by KDS » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2018, 07:14:38 PM »

You're completely misrepresenting my point. Yeah, Brian's not a ball of fire onstage, but he certainly didn't look like he was ready to fall asleep in 2015. But in 2017, after the amount of shows he performed? That schedule would be tiring for a guy 30 years younger. And dude, don't get me wrong here, I'm not here to defend Mike Love. I'm as much a shameless Brianista as anyone. I happily went to his Radio City concert last September and it was a great experience. That being said, Brian seemed exhausted. My argument is made out of genuine concern. I'm just a guy on the Internet who loves the Beach Boys. I'm not here to tear down Brian Wilson and I certainly don't have an agenda.

As for Bruce, health scares are not unexpected with performers of their age. Elton John, Billy Joel, and Paul McCartney all have cancelled shows with major illnesses over the past few years. I don't think it's fair to use that against them.

I can dig that. But understand there are segments of fans who have been using Brian's health, stage presence, appearance, etc against him for nearly 20 years of playing live with his band. Not the least of which was Mike Love himself who outlined it as a reason why Brian was harming Mike's "brand" in the 2005 lawsuit (and Al too who was 'bastardizing' it), and used shows which Rolling Stone just listed as among the best live shows of all time as his evidence. Mike's "reasons" and evidence were yet again a farce to everyone but him and a small pocket of his fans who have been harping on these same issues you raised for way too long.

It's not an issue of Brian's health as much as it feels like some interests would like to see him quit the road entirely. Especially, perhaps, since those 2017 N.A. tour numbers came in and Mike's tour didn't do as well as Brian's...despite all the health concerns that the same fans don't seem to have with Mike even after a key member fell ill.

It's of course an issue, and shouldn't be used against these artists in their 70's and older.

So don't use it against Brian - If he's happy touring, he'll tour, whether Mike and his fans think he should or not.

The fans speak with their wallets, and they did quite loudly in 2017. Good for Brian and Al.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:15:32 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: January 29, 2018, 07:21:02 PM »

You beat me to it.  

I never suggested he should quit touring.  I merely suggested with his back issues, a residency could be beneficial.

EDIT - And I have suggested that Mike and Bruce could stand to do less shows.  All of these guys are in the 3rd act of life after all.

I don't eat candy bars.

Like I said, keep suggesting that notion toward Mike and Bruce as often as it comes up with Brian's touring, and also feel free to step in to correct those who try to suggest Brian is being forced to tour or is unhappy touring, and use Al's quote as a backup.

It seems like most of this "concern" about touring gets thrown Brian's way, which no coincidence has been happening for almost 20 years and was used by Mike in a failed lawsuit. To quote the legendary filmmaker Noven Jaisi, Brian is "Still Tourin'" and I'll bet with those 2017 numbers coming in, that might not sit too well with Mike.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 29, 2018, 07:21:32 PM »

David is one of those rare cool old dudes that looks better and better with age.

My wife knows pretty much every Beach Boys name, but usually can't remember Dave. She calls him "guy with the glasses" or Graham Parker, since she saw him in This Is 40 with a somewhat Marks-ian look.

I kinda see it.
KDS
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2018, 07:26:14 PM »

You beat me to it.  

I don't eat candy bars.

Like I said, keep suggesting that notion toward Mike and Bruce as often as it comes up with Brian's touring, and also feel free to step in to correct those who try to suggest Brian is being forced to tour or is unhappy touring, and use Al's quote as a backup.

It seems like most of this "concern" about touring gets thrown Brian's way, which no coincidence has been happening for almost 20 years and was used by Mike in a failed lawsuit. To quote the legendary filmmaker Noven Jaisi, Brian is "Still Tourin'" and I'll bet with those 2017 numbers coming in, that might not sit too well with Mike.

Maybe you should try a candy bar once in awhile.  Take some pleasure in life.  You might like it. 

I have never suggested Brian should stop touring.  However, I do think its past time to retire Pet Sounds as a live centerpiece. 
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: January 29, 2018, 07:38:57 PM »

You beat me to it.  

I don't eat candy bars.

Maybe you should try a candy bar once in awhile.  Take some pleasure in life.  You might like it. 

I have never suggested Brian should stop touring.  However, I do think its past time to retire Pet Sounds as a live centerpiece. 

Try some logic this time: All of the posts about Brian's health, how he looks frail on tour, how his stage presence is less enthusiastic than some think it should be (I guess...I have no idea), how it's a grueling schedule, how it must be hard on him, how bad it must be for his back, how it's hard being in your 70's and touring...

Seriously man, what's the end game to the point where all of that stuff keeps getting brought up in discussions? Why do you continue to bring it up, along with others, when Brian himself addressed the issue of his touring?

Is it not enough that the man himself as of a month ago says he misses touring?

If fans were to start saying the same things about Mike's touring, constantly harping on his appearance, his voice, mentioning his declining vocals, how he's not as agile as he was before on stage, his whole routine to where certain segments of the show are exactly the same as they were 5 years ago...you - KDS - would probably be among the first to say it was another case of "bashing" Mike.

So what is the end game with constantly posting about Brian's health issues and appearance when the topic of his tours comes up? Seriously.

KDS
« Reply #332 on: January 29, 2018, 07:45:31 PM »

You beat me to it.  

I don't eat candy bars.

Try some logic this time: All of the posts about Brian's health, how he looks frail on tour, how his stage presence is less enthusiastic than some think it should be (I guess...I have no idea), how it's a grueling schedule, how it must be hard on him, how bad it must be for his back, how it's hard being in your 70's and touring...

Seriously man, what's the end game to the point where all of that stuff keeps getting brought up in discussions? Why do you continue to bring it up, along with others, when Brian himself addressed the issue of his touring?

If fans were to start saying the same things about Mike's touring, constantly harping on his appearance, his voice, mentioning his declining vocals, how he's not as agile as he was before on stage, his whole routine to where certain segments of the show are exactly the same as they were 5 years ago...you - KDS - would probably be among the first to say it was another case of "bashing" Mike.

So what is the end game with constantly posting about Brian's health issues and appearance when the topic of his tours comes up? Seriously.

What end game?  He's 75 with back issues.  These are just facts. 

And I know the difference between valid criticism and bashing. 
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2018, 07:54:56 PM »

You beat me to it.  

EDIT - And I have suggested that Mike and Bruce could stand to do less shows.  All of these guys are in the 3rd act of life after all.

I don't eat candy bars.

Maybe you should try a candy bar once in awhile.  Take some pleasure in life.  You might like it.  

I have never suggested Brian should stop touring.  However, I do think its past time to retire Pet Sounds as a live centerpiece.  

What end game?  He's 75 with back issues.  These are just facts.  

So valid criticism is listing reasons why it seems Brian would be better off not touring, including his appearance? As Walter said above, he's in his 70's as are Mike and Bruce and McCartney and many other notable musicians still playing international tours, if they can still do it and want to do it and in Brian's case he's said he enjoys it, why continue to post the same stuff about his health and appearance?

What is the end game, or what is the point, to regularly taking to fan forums and listing reasons that seem to add up to a list of why some people think he'd be better off not touring as he does?

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:56:06 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

KDS
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2018, 08:00:16 PM »

You beat me to it.  

EDIT - And I have suggested that Mike and Bruce could stand to do less shows.  All of these guys are in the 3rd act of life after all.

I don't eat candy bars.

Maybe you should try a candy bar once in awhile.  Take some pleasure in life.  You might like it.  

I have never suggested Brian should stop touring.  However, I do think its past time to retire Pet Sounds as a live centerpiece.  

So valid criticism is listing reasons why it seems Brian would be better off not touring, including his appearance? As Walter said above, he's in his 70's as are Mike and Bruce and McCartney and many other notable musicians still playing international tours, if they can still do it and want to do it and in Brian's case he's said he enjoys it, why continue to post the same stuff about his health and appearance?

What is the end game, or what is the point, to regularly taking to fan forums and listing reasons that seem to add up to a list of why some people think he'd be better off not touring as he does?

Its so funny all this talk of endgames, agendas, payrolls, etc.

There is no endgame, its only discussion. 

Seriously, do you even get any joy from being a Beach Boys fan?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2018, 08:13:28 PM »

You beat me to it.  

I don't eat candy bars.

Plenty of joy. For nearly 40 years up to the present moment.

It would be funny if some of that crap didn't infect the fanbase and these forums as it did. That's when my joy turns to disgust, especially when the cop-out is something like "it's all about the music". And when people try to lie, twist, and distort the most basic facts in the name of rewriting history to suit someone's narrative. But that's old ground.

I have to ask you in return, do you feel any joy, or even a sense of being thankful, that Brian Wilson is still touring as a solo act and that you have an opportunity to see him play when he comes to your area if you choose?

KDS, maybe your fandom or age missed this period of time, but up until the 90's I was one of many who thought we'd *never* get to see Brian actively performing in person, let alone be able to make music into his 70's and hopefully into the foreseeable future. There was a time when we thought all that goodness would have to exist on old bootlegs and back-catalog releases. Then I realize I've been going to Brian's shows to see and hear him in person for nearly 20 years, and it amazes me still. I was also fortunate enough to see him perform both Smile (as a completed work) AND Pet Sounds, two of my main influences on me being a musician, live and in person. Because, it was very palpable for quite some time that he was done. He proved us wrong, and we benefit from it.

If regularly bringing up how awful it must be for him to be touring and how frail and unsteady he looks is getting anywhere near the joy I have experienced as a fan of the man and his music, both live and just listening to his records, then I just don't understand where you're coming from. or where the people who do that regularly are coming from. If there isn't an end game, then why does it continue after 20 years of this?

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2018, 09:31:57 PM »

You beat me to it.  

I don't eat candy bars.

It would be funny if some of that crap didn't infect the fanbase and these forums as it did. That's when my joy turns to disgust, especially when the cop-out is something like "it's all about the music". And when people try to lie, twist, and distort the most basic facts in the name of rewriting history to suit someone's narrative. But that's old ground.

I have to ask you in return, do you feel any joy, or even a sense of being thankful, that Brian Wilson is still touring as a solo act and that you have an opportunity to see him play when he comes to your area if you choose?

KDS, maybe your fandom or age missed this period of time, but up until the 90's I was one of many who thought we'd *never* get to see Brian actively performing in person, let alone be able to make music into his 70's and hopefully into the foreseeable future. There was a time when we thought all that goodness would have to exist on old bootlegs and back-catalog releases. Then I realize I've been going to Brian's shows to see and hear him in person for nearly 20 years, and it amazes me still. I was also fortunate enough to see him perform both Smile (as a completed work) AND Pet Sounds, two of my main influences on me being a musician, live and in person. Because, it was very palpable for quite some time that he was done. He proved us wrong, and we benefit from it.

If regularly bringing up how awful it must be for him to be touring and how frail and unsteady he looks is getting anywhere near the joy I have experienced as a fan of the man and his music, both live and just listening to his records, then I just don't understand where you're coming from. or where the people who do that regularly are coming from. If there isn't an end game, then why does it continue after 20 years of this?

You just nailed it GF!! Great writing indeed!!  w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2018, 01:19:39 AM »

One of the most problematic parts of this board is that one of the moderators is such a deep and argumentative partisan.  Look at this bullying. 

p.s. I don't agree with KDS either.
KDS
« Reply #338 on: January 30, 2018, 04:49:27 AM »

You beat me to it.  

I don't eat candy bars.

You're just putting words in my mouth at this point as I never said anything about Brian being frail or how he shouldn't be touring.   I merely pointed out some facts that may or may not affect his decisions to tour further, and also pointed out, what has already been stated before that the performances of the Pet Sounds album declined a lot during the 2017 tour, and the piece should've been retired at the previously advertised date of Sept 21, 2017.   

In fact, I'm putting a little money aside in case Brian's rumored Christmas Tour happens, and comes within 100 miles of my house. 

You take any, ANY, criticism of Brian Wilson, or merely pointing out facts, as some sort of malicious agenda towards the man.   That's 100% on you, GF, not on me.   And, while you'll never admit, this sort of discussion is why this forum has the reputation that it has. 

So, feel free to continue to swim in your little stew of paranoia with talk of end games and such. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 30, 2018, 04:56:47 AM »

I mean, there are two posters who are saying that Brian is “very overweight”....really?

Does that look very overweight to anybody? There used to be a poster here (now banned thank god) who for years admittedly mocked anything that had to do with Brian’s health, music, and management. So when people start making bullshit statements now I can imagine it gets very tiring for those who had to put up with it for years. I mean really, Brian is “very overweight”? Give me a break.

There are two posters who also say Brian looks lethargic onstage, yet I’ve seen him many times in the past few years and he is interactive with the audience, and gets very into singing many songs. Albeit, there are times when he is just sitting there at his piano, but I wouldn’t make a blanket statement that he looks “lethargic onstage” making it sound like he is like this for the entire damn concert. And yeah, he does have back problems, yet he’s still out there putting on a show for an audience who wants to be there to hear Brian.

People here are so concerned with Brian’s health, yet he’s got doctors upon doctors who check for his mental and physical health. He doesn’t need some armchair physicians from the Smiley Smile forum to recommend he take up residency in Vegas when clearly Brian is still wanting to tour and wanting to go onstage every night to play to his fans.

I mean, we’re comparing the ability to belt out a nauseating “wheeeeeeeeeen” and adjusting a mic stand with Brian’s stage presence...its utterly foolish if you ask me. So yeah, I completely get where Guitarfool is coming from.

“Very overweight” and yet interjecting that such statements and others are bullshit is considered bullying?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 30, 2018, 05:14:30 AM »

You take any, ANY, criticism of Brian Wilson, or merely pointing out facts, as some sort of malicious agenda towards the man.   That's 100% on you, GF, not on me.   And, while you'll never admit, this sort of discussion is why this forum has the reputation that it has.   

WHOA.

Smile Brian is Melinda Wilson.
Melinda Wilson was never confronted by Landy in a car dealership.
Brian has no chance of ever getting on the radio again.
Brian is controlled.
Brian is like a wheelchair bound grandpa who is wheeled out on thanksgiving dinner.
Melinda only adopted her kids for the tax break.

That is the exact bullshit that was spread here, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg of the inane garbage that the moderators had to deal with.

That’s 100% on the fools you now interact with on the Pet Sounds forum, KDS. That’s not a knock at that forum. It is a knock at the idiots who had an actual agenda to smear Brian and Melinda behind the scenes and directly on the board here. Hell, again one person admitted to saying the shittiest things about Brian and Melinda Wilson just to prove some kind of point.

KDS, do you really think those PMs that were spread being the scenes that originated with Andrew G Doe weren’t part of some agenda?

So yeah, when someone makes a BS comment that Brian is “very overweight” and you agree with it, how else is Guitarfool supposed to respond?...especially after having to deal with years of complete bullshit information.

This forum has the reputation it has because some on the PS forum have put on this guise that that entire forum is “all about the music” and that the “other forum” is full of lies and conspiracy. Meanwhile we’re not the ones who have a “researcher” who couldn’t give two fucks about research when it came to spreading the most unrealistic gossip about Melinda. I mean, keep on keepin on there, but don’t pretend like this place is some nuthouse with a paranoid moderator when you know exactly the history that took place here, you saw the PMs that are complete bullshit that the moderators here had to deal with.

So yeah, when someone makes some claim that Brian is lethargic and “very overweight” I hope anyone (moderator included) would call that sh*t out.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
KDS
« Reply #341 on: January 30, 2018, 05:19:11 AM »

WHOA.

Brian is controlled.
Brian is like a wheelchair bound grandpa who is wheeled out on thanksgiving dinner.

That is the exact bullshit that was spread here, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg of the inane garbage that the moderators had to deal with.

That’s 100% on the fools you now interact with on the Pet Sounds forum, KDS. That’s not a knock at that forum. It is a knock at the idiots who had an actual agenda to smear Brian and Melinda behind the scenes and directly on the board here. Hell, again one person admitted to saying the shittiest things about Brian and Melinda Wilson just to prove some kind of point.

KDS, do you really think those PMs that were spread being the scenes that originated with Andrew G Doe weren’t part of some agenda?

So yeah, when someone makes a BS comment that Brian is “very overweight” and you agree with it, how else is Guitarfool supposed to respond?...especially after having to deal with years of complete bullshit information.

This forum has the reputation it has because some on the PS forum have put on this guise that that entire forum is “all about the music” and that the “other forum” is full of lies and conspiracy. Meanwhile we’re not the ones who have a “researcher” who couldn’t give two fucks about research when it came to spreading the most unrealistic gossip about Melinda. I mean, keep on keepin on there, but don’t pretend like this place is some nuthouse with a paranoid moderator when you know exactly the history that took place here, you saw the PMs that are complete bullshit that the moderators here had to deal with.

So yeah, when someone makes some claim that Brian is lethargic and “very overweight” I hope anyone (moderator included) would call that sh*t out.

I can't speak for Andrew Doe, but his PMs have nothing to do with what I posted.   I can't speak for the motivations of others, only my own.   So, understand when I get called out for having some sort of "end game" for merely suggesting a Vegas residency would be more beneficial to a 75 year old with back issues in lieu of a full tour, I get a little peaved. 

What happened in 2015-2016 has absolutely 100% NOTHING to do with what I've pointed out in this thread. 

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 30, 2018, 05:25:32 AM »

You take any, ANY, criticism of Brian Wilson, or merely pointing out facts, as some sort of malicious agenda towards the man.   That's 100% on you, GF, not on me.   And, while you'll never admit, this sort of discussion is why this forum has the reputation that it has.    

WHOA.

Brian is controlled.

I can't speak for Andrew Doe, but his PMs have nothing to do with what I posted.   I can't speak for the motivations of others, only my own.   So, understand when I get called out for having some sort of "end game" for merely suggesting a Vegas residency would be more beneficial to a 75 year old with back issues in lieu of a full tour, I get a little peaved.  

What happened in 2015-2016 has absolutely 100% NOTHING to do with what I've pointed out in this thread.  

His PMs are part of the reason why bullshit information is a touchy subject on this forum. So when you agree with someone that Brian is “very overweight” and that his back is bad enough for him to take up residency in Vegas and you are called out, understand that its partly a reaction to everything that happened here in 2015-2016 (and the years leading up to it) where there was an obvious agenda...whether or not you have one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 05:42:05 AM by rab2591 » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 30, 2018, 05:31:06 AM »

AGD got off lightly only being banned from here, the behavior was that bad...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KDS
« Reply #344 on: January 30, 2018, 05:42:45 AM »

You take any, ANY, criticism of Brian Wilson, or merely pointing out facts, as some sort of malicious agenda towards the man.   That's 100% on you, GF, not on me.   And, while you'll never admit, this sort of discussion is why this forum has the reputation that it has.    

WHOA.

Brian is controlled.

I can't speak for Andrew Doe, but his PMs have nothing to do with what I posted.   I can't speak for the motivations of others, only my own.   So, understand when I get called out for having some sort of "end game" for merely suggesting a Vegas residency would be more beneficial to a 75 year old with back issues in lieu of a full tour, I get a little peaved.  

His PMs are part of the reason why bullshit information is a touchy subject on this forum. So when you agree with someone that Brian is “very overweight” and that his back is bad enough for him to quit take up residency in Vegas and you are called out, understand that its partly a reaction to everything that happened here in 2015-2016 (and the years leading up to it) where there was an obvious agenda...whether or not you have one.

Well, quite frankly, that was all 2-3 years ago, isn't it time to move on a bit, and stop saying any criticism or flat out fact about Brian is part of an agenda? 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 30, 2018, 05:53:02 AM »

Well, quite frankly, that was all 2-3 years ago, isn't it time to move on a bit, and stop saying any criticism or flat out fact about Brian is part of an agenda? 

Ya know what’s funny? The only people who have mentioned an “agenda” in this thread are you and Uncle Walter. Guitarfool merely asked what your endgame was in agreeing with false statements. Given the history on this forum its not beyond the realm of logical possibility ithat someone would call that out and ask what your intentions are.

And stuff that happened 2-3 years ago that still affects this fandom to this day (and not just by passively mentioning it) isn’t something that should be forgotten...especially considering all the damage it did in the first place.

KDS
« Reply #346 on: January 30, 2018, 05:58:19 AM »

Ya know what’s funny? The only people who have mentioned an “agenda” in this thread are you and Uncle Walter. Guitarfool merely asked what your endgame was in agreeing with false statements. Given the history on this forum its not beyond the realm of logical possibility ithat someone would call that out and ask what your intentions are.

And stuff that happened 2-3 years ago that still affects this fandom to this day (and not just by passively mentioning it) isn’t something that should be forgotten...especially considering all the damage it did in the first place.

Endgame, agenda.   Apples, oranges. 

So, because of what happened 2-3 years ago, we need to sugarcoat everything as it pertains to Brian?   We should pretend he hasn't put on a little weight due to back issues?   We should pretend that his performances of Pet Sounds in 2017 were note perfect, and warrant additional shows in 2018? 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 30, 2018, 06:07:26 AM »

So, because of what happened 2-3 years ago, we need to sugarcoat everything as it pertains to Brian?   We should pretend he hasn't put on a little weight due to back issues?   We should pretend that his performances of Pet Sounds in 2017 were note perfect, and warrant additional shows in 2018? 

Wow, talk about putting words in someone’s mouth. You’re the one who agreed that Brian was “very overweight” not “put on a little weight” - and to be honest I think the man has actually lost weight. I don’t think Guitarfool ever said that Brian’s voice was note perfect - just that his voice and back issues didn’t warrant a residency in Vegas.

And because of what happened 2-3 years ago, yeah I agree that people who make blanket/false statements about Brian should be called out. Actually, even if the events of 2-3 years ago were nonexistent I would still question people’s intentions when they made false statements about Brian or any member of the band. Its like if I started claiming Mike looked very frail and that he needs to shack up in Reno for a residency, I would hope someone would call that out and ask why the hell I was saying that stuff.

KDS
« Reply #348 on: January 30, 2018, 06:11:58 AM »

Wow, talk about putting words in someone’s mouth. You’re the one who agreed that Brian was “very overweight” not “put on a little weight” - and to be honest I think the man has actually lost weight. I don’t think Guitarfool ever said that Brian’s voice was note perfect - just that his voice and back issues didn’t warrant a residency in Vegas.

And because of what happened 2-3 years ago, yeah I agree that people who make blanket/false statements about Brian should be called out. Actually, even if the events of 2-3 years ago were nonexistent I would still question people’s intentions when they made false statements about Brian or any member of the band. Its like if I started claiming Mike looked very frail and that he needs to shack up in Reno for a residency, I would hope someone would call that out and ask why the hell I was saying that stuff.

You and GF seriously need to take a step back, and look at things without rose colored glasses. 

I fail to see how pointing out Brian's weight or pointing out that he has back issues equates to false statements.  Merely facts.  That's all that they are.  Sometimes facts aren't pleasant. 

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 30, 2018, 06:18:05 AM »

Guitarfool and I never said his back issue wasn’t a real issue.

You claimed/agreed that Brian Wilson is “very overweight”. Is that a true or false statement?

You claimed/agreed that Brian Wilson is “lethargic” onstage. Is that a true or false statement?

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx