gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 04:04:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 271371 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 03, 2018, 09:23:37 AM »

A sample....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HGIzqx7nAc

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 03, 2018, 09:56:56 AM »

Wow. A lovely, tender version. Real feeling in that 'some people looking lonely, well that's....just not fair' at 1:45. Thanks for posting it!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: August 03, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »

That was wonderful!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 04, 2018, 09:40:20 PM »

Brian Wilson always will be the best, but it seems like he's having a more difficult time singing these days.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 04, 2018, 10:31:47 PM »

Brian Wilson always will be the best, but it seems like he's having a more difficult time singing these days.
Exactly. He should be long past the point of being trotted out every summer to sing of sun, surf, sand, girls, cars, girls, and more girls.
But sitting at home in an old rocking chair doesn't pay the bills. Sad
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: August 05, 2018, 02:14:37 AM »

I doubt Brian has a problem paying the bills.

If he wants to tour, and people want to see him, best of luck to him. I'd prefer him to sing a wider selection of songs than just the summer hits with which he is most associated but that's my personal taste.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 05, 2018, 03:05:17 AM »

As Clint Eastwood says, “I don’t let the old man in.”

I doubt Brian needs the money however it’s been a pretty good small business, almost 20 years, for a dozen or so band members at any time plus a handful of support staff. What’s not to like?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 05, 2018, 04:03:59 AM »

BW tours because he wants to...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 05, 2018, 08:10:59 AM »

Exactly. He should be long past the point of being trotted out every summer to sing of sun, surf, sand, girls, cars, girls, and more girls.

How do you know he's being TROTTED OUT?? Were you there when someone else made the decision for Brian?? I think Brian makes his own decisions, and by the way, it's been reported, he doesn't need the money. You can edit your post anytime now.  LOL LOL
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:12:52 AM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 05, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »

How do you know he's being TROTTED OUT?? Were you there when someone else made the decision for Brian?? I think Brian makes his own decisions, and by the way, it's been reported, he doesn't need the money. You can edit your post anytime now.  LOL LOL
Brian makes his own decisions? Boy, where have you been the last 40 years?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 05, 2018, 10:42:53 AM »

You been up Mike’s ball cap?...

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 05, 2018, 11:50:11 AM »

You been up Mike’s ball cap?...

I think so, SB. I'd say this cat doesn't think too much of Brian Wilson, but man, he's going steady with myKe luHv. LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #712 on: August 05, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »

Brian makes his own decisions? Boy, where have you been the last 40 years?

Where have you been? Some of us know a little more than others. Not everyone here is a “keyboard warrior “. And if you’re basing information from Andrew Doe, well, it’s best to take things with a grain of salt
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:02:18 PM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 06, 2018, 12:06:02 PM »

So excited for the Berlin show in 10 days......  Cool Last year's stellar Frankfurt gig might have been the best Brian & band show I've ever seen. I'm just a little sad I missed Darian with The Zombies last week in Berlin.  Embarrassed  He's with Brian on the Europe leg of the tour though, right?
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 06, 2018, 01:07:57 PM »

There's been quite a lot of dissatisfaction on FB about the change of venue for Edinburgh. It would have been unreserved seating and standing but tickets were 'randomly reallocated'.

There has been speculation about the reason for the venue change. I was actually relieved as it's the only indoor show in the UK, though of course sorry for people who are annoyed about it.
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 06, 2018, 01:26:17 PM »

Seated venue makes sense and best in Scotlands unpredictable weather
MsBecca
« Reply #716 on: August 06, 2018, 02:13:19 PM »

I love his phrasing on the “you and your friend tonight “ part !
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 06, 2018, 02:24:39 PM »

Seated venue makes sense and best in Scotlands unpredictable weather

I agree even though the UK weather has been unusually hot this year.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 07, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »

A new GH show announced:
Nov. 6 -- Huntington, WV -- Keith-Albee Performing Arts Center
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:31:42 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 08, 2018, 06:39:09 AM »

I heard from my friend who attended last night's show. Seems like everyone was in good voice, but my friend said that it seemed Brian was having an "off" night. She knows about Brian's history and issues of course — that he suffers from stage fright, occasionally hears voices in his head, is deaf in one ear, had major back surgery in May, etc. — but from what she described to me it sounds like one or more of those issues may have been flaring up pretty significantly for Brian last night. She told me that everyone in the concert hall could see how much discomfort he was in. She also mentioned to me that she overheard some people talking near where she was sitting prior to the start of the concert, and apparently one of them had won a radio contest where the prize was a meet-and-greet session with Brian, and that this session was abruptly canceled at the last minute by Brian/Brian's people, which perhaps reinforces her and my suspicions that one or more of his medical issues may have been flaring up significantly last night. On the plus-side, my friend told me Brian is now using a walker to get to and from the stage, which is a step up from using a wheelchair, so that's good.

As I mentioned before, everyone was in good voice, but my friend raved to me about how good Matt and Blondie sounded in particular. She absolutely loved the energy Blondie brought, and she has a soft spot for the songs he performs lead vocals on, so she loved his portion of the show. And Matt was, quite simply, Matt — his voice and falsetto are just soooo incredibly good. Not much need to elaborate there! My friend isn't the greatest when it comes to identifying songs by name, so unfortunately I wasn't able to confirm too much of the setlist directly with her, but if the set list on setlist.fm is accurate then it looks like there were no changes to the setlist from the previous greatest hits show last month. My friend did take some pictures and videos, but I don't know if she plans on posting them publicly. I imagine she'll post them to her private Instagram account, but if she decides to post them elsewhere I'll be sure update this review.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: August 08, 2018, 06:48:23 AM »

A new GH show announced:
Nov. 6 -- Huntington, WV -- Keith-Albee Performing Arts Center

Added to the top post schedule. I've also updated the setlists with the Israel show (which was a pretty standard setlist from what I can see).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 08, 2018, 07:28:52 AM »

I heard from my friend who attended last night's show. Seems like everyone was in good voice, but my friend said that it seemed Brian was having an "off" night. She knows about Brian's history and issues of course — that he suffers from stage fright, occasionally hears voices in his head, is deaf in one ear, had major back surgery in May, etc. — but from what she described to me it sounds like one or more of those issues may have been flaring up pretty significantly for Brian last night. She told me that everyone in the concert hall could see how much discomfort he was in. She also mentioned to me that she overheard some people talking near where she was sitting prior to the start of the concert, and apparently one of them had won a radio contest where the prize was a meet-and-greet session with Brian, and that this session was abruptly canceled at the last minute by Brian/Brian's people, which perhaps reinforces her and my suspicions that one or more of his medical issues may have been flaring up significantly last night.

Aw, that's a shame. Hopefully it was an unusually bad night for Brian. I think it's cool that he and the band did a show in Israel, but geez, an international flight + jet lag seems poorly timed for an older guy recovering from surgery.

MsBecca
« Reply #722 on: August 08, 2018, 12:15:38 PM »

I heard from my friend who attended last night's show. Seems like everyone was in good voice, but my friend said that it seemed Brian was having an "off" night. She knows about Brian's history and issues of course — that he suffers from stage fright, occasionally hears voices in his head, is deaf in one ear, had major back surgery in May, etc. — but from what she described to me it sounds like one or more of those issues may have been flaring up pretty significantly for Brian last night. She told me that everyone in the concert hall could see how much discomfort he was in. She also mentioned to me that she overheard some people talking near where she was sitting prior to the start of the concert, and apparently one of them had won a radio contest where the prize was a meet-and-greet session with Brian, and that this session was abruptly canceled at the last minute by Brian/Brian's people, which perhaps reinforces her and my suspicions that one or more of his medical issues may have been flaring up significantly last night.

Aw, that's a shame. Hopefully it was an unusually bad night for Brian. I think it's cool that he and the band did a show in Israel, but geez, an international flight + jet lag seems poorly timed for an older guy recovering from surgery.

I would imagine that would be the case I mean I myself would be tired after that journey!
feelintheflows
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 08, 2018, 02:10:03 PM »

We all love Brian. But retire already.
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 08, 2018, 03:16:19 PM »

We all love Brian. But retire already.

I think Brian should be allowed to do whatever he wants to do, and if that includes touring, then so be it. Personally, I believe Brian when he says he says he has grown to enjoy touring and doesn't want to retire. He's been quite adamant about this lately.

On a side note here, I want to reemphasize that by no means was Brian's vocal performance last night bad in any way. It was a fantastic show. My friend told me that Brian and the band had her and the rest of the crowd on their feet at numerous points, singing along and dancing in the isles, so much so that security at the venue quickly gave up on trying to get people to sit back down in their seats. The audience was VERY into the show! So whatever the source(s) of Brian's physical discomfort was (jet lag, back issues, or whatever), it certainly didn't affect his vocal performance.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 45 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx