gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:09:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: What do i think of the mike love solo songs
Great! - 0 (0%)
Like it - 1 (20%)
Ok - 0 (0%)
Awfull - 4 (80%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why all the Mike Love bashing  (Read 28567 times)
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2017, 09:59:24 AM »

Time to lock it up, folks. There is still some amount of PTSD from "L'Affair AGD" and we are not yet quite ready to disengage from that, but how about the next time that someone plays the "why the hate for Love" card here that we just let Billy or GF be the person to reply "Love is here today and (it's) gone tomorrow..." and pull the plug on the thread before it begins.

As for the poll, it is poorly worded and doesn't leave room for reasonable gradations of opinion. The former was not AGD's deficiency, but the latter most surely was (and still is, whenever he "goes off his meds" over yonder). Mike is to be commended for finally taking the plunge with his material, but he and his "tag team" need to be able to take their lumps should they come their way. Hopefully his work will be judged as much as possible on its own merits (or lack thereof) and not on his perceived personality or the "vibes" emanating from his autobio...

Now, please, let's move on. Someone ask Stephen Desper a question that he might not have covered as yet (though Steve's been incredibly generous and thorough, I'm sure we haven't exhausted his supply of insight).
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2017, 10:34:27 AM »

"Why all the Mike Love bashing?".  Because there is really nothing of import to talk about on here.  Train has left the station, we have nothing to say and we're saying it....BBs and BW as relevant contemporary musical entities are DOA....sad but true...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »

"Why all the Mike Love bashing?".  Because there is really nothing of import to talk about on here.  Train has left the station, we have nothing to say and we're saying it....BBs and BW as relevant contemporary musical entities are DOA....sad but true...

Bullshit.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2017, 02:02:18 PM »

I've often run into OSD's YT comments on Mike tracks. I just get a good laugh out of them. It's so predictable----almost every ML track on YouTube gets the OSD treatment (e.g. "why waste good studio time recording this sh*t"). Whatever the spirit in which these comments are made, I class them with OSD's excellent jokes in the Sandbox.

Yeah, it's funny and he is the original (but we only need one!)

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2017, 04:25:20 AM »

I've often run into OSD's YT comments on Mike tracks. I just get a good laugh out of them. It's so predictable----almost every ML track on YouTube gets the OSD treatment (e.g. "why waste good studio time recording this sh*t"). Whatever the spirit in which these comments are made, I class them with OSD's excellent jokes in the Sandbox.

Yeah, it's funny and he is the original (but we only need one!)

Exactly!

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx