gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:37:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quentin Tarantino Prepping New Movie Tackling Manson Murders  (Read 33815 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2019, 07:41:15 PM »

One word: FLAMETHROWER!!!  Pirate Pirate Pirate Pirate
Ha, yes, forgot. Di Caprio's character did it to end the crazy girl's screaming, she wouldn't die after dog biting her everywhere literally & being punched by Brad's character. So when Rick sat in pool rehearsing his lines via tape recorder & headphones, she ran away from house into pool & STILL kept screaming. Her jumping into water shook Di Caprio & he got scared like chicken & went into house with super powerful stick generating fire that he used during some scene in his previous TV work as Rick Dalton, in the beginning of "Once Upon...". He opened fire at that super-tough-to-kill girl & she burned like paper but, I think at 1st she still screamed or did it at last shut her up? Anyway, such OTT scene. Can't imagine everybody in it playing with straight face, bet the cast laughed 1st few takes.
The other scene I just remembered liking is when Rick/ Di Caprio got meltdown when he messed his lines, couldn't say it start to finish. He started shouting indecipherable things in his trailer, some things I could hear is him berating himself, yelling what loser he can be to forget lines when he went over & over those lines in his house, he rehearsed them repeatedly, yet still managed to forget. It was very OTT scene but worked, just like that OTT scene with the screaming girl, as per quoted above.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2019, 07:50:47 PM »

Hadn’t seen the movie yet... was NOT expecting to see it spoiled !

I’m going to see if there is any way we can add a spoiler tag for the board so the posts can be hidden until clicked.! I know other boards have that feature . I’m not the best when it comes to coding but I’ll figure out a way
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 07:55:43 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2019, 07:55:20 PM »

I think best solution to not being spoiled is not read the reviews. It's up to everybody to write reviews as they see fit. I like writing long detailed reviews. Besides, one thing to read them & the other thing to see with your eyes what happens in screen. That's what I think. 2 cents FWIW.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2019, 07:57:03 PM »

[Spoiler] test [/Spoiler]

Dammit that didn’t work. I know there’s a way because I’ve seen it used for other forums although as the infrastructure on this board is almost twenty years old there may not be a way .  I’ll figure it out.

Mainly would like this So endings can be discussed for people who have seen movies can discuss endings , or if a new release is out and people who rather hear it fresh can do it. Someone had asked me about it before some years back and I’d forgotten
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:01:04 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2019, 08:07:26 PM »

Like I said, BEST SOLUTION to not being spoiled is NOT READ THE THREAD till you've seen the movie. Plain & simple.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:19:30 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2019, 08:46:55 PM »

You can catch up with reviews later anyway. They will not run away, haha. It would save trouble & time instead of adding unnecessary "spoiler tags".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:21:47 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2019, 08:47:18 PM »

No...that was not my intent at all. It was more frustration because I tapped the wrong thread on my phone. No harm no foul, at least on my end. Wasn’t even trying to read this thread in the first place! 

I don’t think Spoiler tags are unnecessary though... I think it’s a feature that should’ve been a part of the board anyway because it’s a standard feature of many forums, and would help those of us who want to discuss movies or tv shows in the normal forum can discuss them without spoiling them, esp people who HAVE seen then & want to discuss them.  I *do* agree with you about not reading them. I’m just amazed that a standard feature of many other forums isn’t available here. It’s why I actually don’t read these types of threads until I’ve seen whatever it is in question
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:53:25 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2019, 08:53:46 PM »

Thanks. Then I'll continue posting here as I see fit. I enjoy discussing & writing about films seen, it's sth. I like to do.

'kay. Next scene I really liked is when Rick (Di Caprio) & Cliff (Pitt) been enjoying film & discussing it in, I think, Cliff's mini-house. Just chilled watching TV & laughed at few scenes & pointed to some guy driving truck (?), saying he's great et al. Before it, they looked like colleagues but in this scene, I believe, is when they bonded like best buds.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:01:04 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2019, 11:06:29 PM »

I'm not sure that "Tarantino film ends in OTT bloodbath" counts as a spoiler.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2019, 11:09:51 PM »

2 William Bowe: Yes, it's trademark Tarantino.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2019, 06:30:26 AM »

Yes, usually when someone writes a review giving details instead of generalities (as in, "The ending will be a surprise" ), the reviewer will indicate with **Spoiler Alert** or some such. I was slightly miffed at first to see the spoiler and stopped reading that post. But it's okay. It sounds so far fetched that I'm curious how it comes about.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2019, 07:20:10 AM »

By "that post" you mean review I'd written?

I repeat this point 5th time or 10th time but when people don't want to be spoiled, they don't read early reviews - TILL they see it themselves. What's so difficult to understand it? It ain't rocket science. That way nobody will have to write, with asterisks to boot, "Spoiler Alert".

I'll continue posting in this thread. Lemme do that, please. Thank you. & Billy said by now it's been misunderstanding. Then it should be done deal.

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2019, 07:25:45 AM »

Reviews of movies in theaters don't give away the ending of the movie. Go to Rotten Tomatoes - find a single review that says what happens at the end of the movie. You won't be able to find one.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2019, 07:56:58 AM »

So what? I don't care. So, I said Sharon Tate in this film doesn't die. What's the big deal? If need be, I'll say it again. Hate to be spoiled? Don't read new film review threads. It's 100% easy, safe thing to do.

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2019, 08:08:27 AM »

1. This isn't a film review thread
2. You didn't write a review because reviews don't give away the endings of movies
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2019, 08:12:58 AM »

Wha'? What I see here is film reviews. Check previous pages.
I'd written film review. Minus giving away the ending, it's review alright - i.e. things I liked about it, didn't like, observations etc.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2019, 09:06:04 AM »

Next thing I liked is Cliff's (Brad Pitt) dialog via 2 sides of the door with Squeaky (Dakota Fanning). I figured she didn't open it due to lie, that the guy Cliff asks isn't there at all & they live in that house without permission. Just took it. But then Cliff gets to the guy's room & he indeed sleeps, like Squeaky said. Not sure then why she couldn't allow Cliff to get in.  To not show what state the house is in (dirty sink in kitchen,dishes not washed)? But still fascinating scene.

Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2019, 09:22:19 AM »

I think her reluctance to let anyone in the house was more for tension (for the audience watching) more than anything.  In the end it turned out to be true.  The guy was sleeping and she didn't want him to fall asleep later when they were watching TV together.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »

I think her reluctance to let anyone in the house was more for tension (for the audience watching) more than anything.  In the end it turned out to be true.  The guy was sleeping and she didn't want him to fall asleep later when they were watching TV together.
Interesting theory but we'll respectfully agree to disagree. I didn't look at it like that. Basically, I agree with me about everything, *including* spoilers. I think spoilers are fun! It's fringe view but so what? I stand by it. Hate it if you wish, I don't give 2 flying figs. I literally couldn't care less about being soo serious about this spoiler thingy. ***major eyeroll*** I am individual, 1stly, I'll NEVER write "spoiler alert" as everybody. You just gotta deal with it, 'K?. I mean, why must I? It's free speech, I'll write reviews like I'm used to - detailed, describing scenes thru & thru etc.
It's not end of the world, for pete's sake. Quit twitching & fretting about it. You'd think people will appreciate my reviews, don't people like long reviews anyway? It's better than pointless useless one-liners (bgas, anybody? Ha).
I've very strong views about everything film/music-related. You gotta just accept it, hey.
This is film review thread. I posted film review. Makes sense? Exactly. Thus, I made VALUABLE THREAD CONTRIBUTION. 3D
Don't thank me for this brilliant speech. police
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:52:41 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2019, 09:54:08 AM »

I think her reluctance to let anyone in the house was more for tension (for the audience watching) more than anything.  In the end it turned out to be true.  The guy was sleeping and she didn't want him to fall asleep later when they were watching TV together.
Interesting theory but we'll respectfully agree to disagree. I didn't look at it like that. Basically, I agree with me about everything, *including* spoilers. I think spoilers are fun! It's fringe view but so what? I stand by it. Hate it if you wish, I don't give 2 flying figs. I literally couldn't care less about being soo serious about this spoiler thingy. ***major eyeroll*** I am individual, 1stly, I'll NEVER write "spoiler alert" as everybody. You just gotta deal with it, 'K?. I mean, why must I? It's free speech, I'll write reviews like I'm used to - detailed, describing scenes thru & thru etc.
It's not end of the world, for pete's sake. Quit twitching & fretting about it. You'd think people will appreciate my reviews, don't people like long reviews anyway? It's better than pointless useless one-liners (bgas, anybody? Ha).
I've very strong views about everything film/music-related. You gotta just accept it, hey.
This is film review thread. I posted film review. Makes sense? Exactly. Thus, I made VALUABLE THREAD CONTRIBUTION. 3D
Don't thank me for this brilliant speech. police

"Respectfully" agree to disagree.

"Respectfully".

LOL
Roll Eyes
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2019, 01:05:23 PM »

Hey folks, here's entire initial film review when I got back from San Francisco, it's been really nice vacation there. 3D

I went to movies in San Francisco, which I got back recently, to see this film. I give it 8/10. To begin with preface, I'm the type who doesn't care the slightest about these events, Sharon Tate means zero to this film viewer. It's sad she got what she got, little baby she bore but, I'm not attached/ angry about these 1969 events as many (say, youtubers with saying "possessed" things like "Hope he rots in hell". Funnily, nobody ever mentions the girls, so-called "Family" who ACTUALLY did these brutal murders. Instead, people discuss who's "the prettiest Manson girl").

Now the review. I didn't read anybody's, you'll excuse me if there's points being repeated written by other posters. 1st, I paid attn to music in car when they drive & thru the film. It matches, I think, lyrically to scenes depicted. But I don't give fig about lyrics, it's great song picks. Quentin, again, doesn't disappoint in music choice.

Actors - Brad Pitt is brilliant in each scene. Pitch-perfect casting choice. Everybody in supportings fits too. The guy playing Polanski did well in mannerisms dept: gimmicky & jittery. The little girl. Al Pacino. Luke Perry speaking with Leonardo in film-within-film excelled, natural. Kurt Russell. Dakota Fanning.

Big exception will be Leonardo Di Caprio who is, without doubt, miscast. He dressed like cowboy? Looked like idiot. Didn't make sense to see it. Boo! Besides, he tends to play his characters as if he plays them, doesn't live. He should better relegate to legitimate stage. Broadway etc.

Margot Robbie, when she went to cinema to see her latest film - they showed real Sharon doing comedy fight with the other girl (Asian of course) - looked much like Sharon, thanks to make-up people. & when she danced at party etc., it's easy to imagine Sharon being like that. Little caveat: Sharon is prettier than Margot.
Otherwise, the actress fit in well. Btw, didn't see her in previous films, "Once Upon..." is debut film I'd seen featuring her.

Quentin's film again shines at dialogs, there's many funny scenes, each Manson Fam scene got funny lines.  I frankly began to suspect that Quentin humiliates these people when Brad super-easily started beating their precious fam member, some guy who flatted his tire. The girls all gather, stand like true losers, total tools shouting at Brad, some girl even asked to call Tex, the guy riding horse smwr in backyard. But nobody even does anything to defeat Brad,they just shout in their togetherness, super-loyally. That's...it. Brad is like "Heh, shout all you like. I don't give flying fig, you stupid witches". Brad looked reaaally cool in each fight scene.

Such as with Bruce Lee. Again, you could easily picture real Bruce Lee to be about ego, smug, self-absorbed. In films he may look noble & into classy fights with classy-looking tricks, very serious to teach fight as art. But, posters where he stands with classic stand, black trousers & shirtless, you can see that he got quite star diseased. Thus, the actor who played him in fact paid nice credible tribute to him. Bruce's fam should be proud that he gets the nod in this day & age & who knows this film may get people to revisit or seek his films 1st time.
Brad again shows who's the boss in this fight, that he may be forgotten, old but still can kick like pro.

Final scenes = sheer coolness paired with hilarity. Generally like action in QT's films. Quentin spits at past & changes scenario by poking fun at Manson's gang, he lets loose.

Here, Sharon Tate doesn't die, folks. Instead, the would-be murderers end up victims. & during it, Leonardo just sat in pool rehearsing with headphones his lines to the next TV flick. & what does Sharon do? She meets these her neighbors that nearly got killed. Ha! Clever script with humor & cool bits.

L.A. is captured beautifully. Ritzy yet dishevelled city. Colorful film. Re: BBs connection - Charlie gets to the Tate house seeking desperately Dennis & Terry Melcher (I think, seen it 2 weeks back). Then gives rather interested look at Sharon when she stood at the door listening to the guys talking. Her friend said Terry (&/ or Dennis) don't live here, it's Tate house. Didn't rmbr if Charlie looked seriously mean when he got such answer. Not bad if too short acting but isn't convincing & frankly, that guy playing Manson doesn't look like leader who'd generate interest amongst youth, bring people around him. Maybe again, Quentin tried to paint these criminals in laughable way, that they look like buncha losers. I didn't see his interviews to back it - it's this viewer's theory.
Enjoyable read! Smiley Smiley 3D

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx