gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
636515 Posts in 25450 Topics by 3621 Members - Latest Member: rickyroma August 19, 2018, 12:20:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
jackjachman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.       « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unreleased Songs Masterlist: Material to expect from further archival releases  (Read 4689 times)
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 11:03:12 PM »

Still waiting for that Live Box. For a band that did so many concerts, the lack of live material released is criminal. Some of it is trickling out now on the MIC box and Sunshine Tomorrow, but still so much out there.  I would love one of the concerts from the summer of 76.

How bout the earlier 70's stuff, with Blondie & Ricky?  Carl was so tough, (no pun), on the earlier recordings for the In Concert album.  And then, in true Beach Boy fashion, they totally blew it, and released an album that didn't feel like a live concert at all.  Well, maybe didn't totally blow it, cause there are some great tracks on there, but it doesn't have the flow that anyone who was there witnessed
jackjachman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 09:52:14 PM »

According to the new copy of Endless Summer Quarterly, the end of year copyright extension release will be: "Sunshine Tomorrow 2 - 29 additional tracks from the Smiley Smile sessions, the Lei'd in Hawaii Wally Heider Studio sessions, and the Wild Honey sessions, including the unreleased "Good News"
Live Sunshine - 109 performances from 7 shows in 5 states during the 1967 tour"

Sounds amazing! Plus, the release of "Good News", previously thought to be unreleasable. And all those live tracks too..... they need to better manage the release of these things, especially when it comes to all the amazing music the band didn't put out during their artistic period post-Pet Sounds, stuff that music fans could totally be interested in.
jackjachman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 12:29:49 PM »

Still no word on the 2018 copyright releases, which I think we've all realized is due to the promotion of the Philharmonic album (which is honestly not for me, the whole point of Brian's work was his complex and groundbreaking arrangements, how could you top that?). But it's interesting that Brian's official facebook page posted this yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/officialbrianwilson/posts/10157271726357241

It's the "Walk On By" cover released on the CD twofers way back when, but seeing as that song is still not available digitally, they instead posted the superb and beautiful edit done by steel7866, which I'm not sure if they post here, but if so, huge congrats dude! The official page of the man himself endorsed your mix, couldn't think of a more higher compliment.

So considering this was recorded in 1968, could this mean a possible release on streaming services of the originally released of the 55 second version, and maybe because of the popularity of the extended mix (90,000 views for a fan edit of an unknown cover is pretty damn good), maybe an officially edited version by Mark Linnett and Alan Boyd to make it extended? It's such an amazing piece of unfinished music that I don't mind it looping again and again.
Til...I...@died
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 02:49:37 PM »

Gotta hear Til I Die piano demo
♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮
The Dr. of Wilsonomics
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 10:02:17 PM »

Thatís on my must hear list

RIP Alexa Lestage (8 May 1995- 10 June 2018) .

https://www.gofundme.com/help-support-the-jurkowlaniecs
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 10:08:40 PM »

That, and the one with alternate lyrics.

I approve this Message!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2018, 05:08:07 AM »

Still no word on the 2018 copyright releases, which I think we've all realized is due to the promotion of the Philharmonic album (which is honestly not for me, the whole point of Brian's work was his complex and groundbreaking arrangements, how could you top that?). But it's interesting that Brian's official facebook page posted this yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/officialbrianwilson/posts/10157271726357241

It's the "Walk On By" cover released on the CD twofers way back when, but seeing as that song is still not available digitally, they instead posted the superb and beautiful edit done by steel7866, which I'm not sure if they post here, but if so, huge congrats dude! The official page of the man himself endorsed your mix, couldn't think of a more higher compliment.

So considering this was recorded in 1968, could this mean a possible release on streaming services of the originally released of the 55 second version, and maybe because of the popularity of the extended mix (90,000 views for a fan edit of an unknown cover is pretty damn good), maybe an officially edited version by Mark Linnett and Alan Boyd to make it extended? It's such an amazing piece of unfinished music that I don't mind it looping again and again.

That's my mix. Holy sh*t! Thanks for the heads up - that made my day.
jackjachman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »

That's my mix. Holy sh*t! Thanks for the heads up - that made my day.

No problem, man! It's more than well deserved, your mixes rule. Especially love the "Our Sweet Love" version with extra Brian vocals, it's the only version of the song I listen to now.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx