gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:19:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elvis Presley  (Read 111365 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2019, 09:15:27 AM »

Arthur Lyons Film Noir Festival Palm Springs

7:30 pm: World Premiere of new 4K digital restoration! KING CREOLE (1958) Paramount, 115 min. D: Michael Curtiz. Elvis’s third starring role remains his best work on screen. He plays 19-year old Danny Fisher who is struggling to finish high school while living in a French Quarter flat with an unemployed father (Dean Jagger) and sister (Jan Shepard). The rebellious teen-ager navigates a veritable tightrope between a legitimate singing career and a wholesome girl friend (Dolores Hart) vs. a criminal life while romancing the mistress (Carolyn Jones) of a vicious gangster (Walter Matthau).  Produced by Hal Wallis and deftly helmed by Curtiz on location in New Orleans, this musical crime drama established Elvis as a legitimate actor with a stellar supporting cast including Paul Stewart and Vic Morrow.   Scheduled Special Guest: actress Jan Shepard

http://arthurlyonsfilmnoir.ning.com/page/2926187:Page:2939

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2019, 02:53:29 PM »

KING CREOLE (1958) Paramount, 115 min. D: Michael Curtiz. Elvis’s third starring role remains his best work on screen.

Love the title song and the near self-parody "Hard Headed Woman":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKVFlF13aOM

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2019, 01:11:32 PM »

Tom Hanks to Play Elvis Presley’s Manager in Baz Luhrmann’s Next Film

Tom Hanks is in negotiations to play Elvis Presley’s iconic manager Colonel Tom Parker in Baz Luhrmann’s untitled Warner Bros. biopic about the legendary musician.

Luhrmann will direct the movie. He also penned the script with Craig Pearce.

Parker discovered Presley when he was just an unknown and quickly moved in as his lone representation. Parker was responsible for various milestones, including Presley’s record deal with RCA and his successful acting career.

While Luhrmann always envisioned a star for Parker’s part, he wants a newcomer for the role of Presley. The director has begun meeting with talent for the part.

Insiders say a budget is still being ironed out, but Hanks’ commitment will urge the studio to push the project forward. Luhrmann hopes to get the pic into production sometime this year.

Hanks is no stranger to portraying real-life figures like astronaut Jim Lovell in “Apollo 13,” Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee in “The Post,” airline captain Chesley Sullenberger in “Sully,” Captain Richard Phillips in “Captain Phillips,” Walt Disney in “Saving Mr. Banks,” and Mister Rogers in Sony’s upcoming biopic “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.” Besides the Mister Rogers movie, Hanks can next be seen in the World War II drama “Greyhound” and as Woody in “Toy Story 4.”

He is repped by CAA.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/tom-hanks-elvis-presley-manager-baz-luhrmann-1203121035/?fbclid=IwAR2540U9KssmjcNL45sMD53ZjfYS_lzqFsnDRHz7pmpfN6xEeYq4AZK2MPc

Here's the director Baz Luhrmann on location:

https://vimeopro.com/bazmark/sam-bell-iv-tupelo-mississippi/video/273974390

https://vimeopro.com/bazmark/sam-bell-iv-tupelo-mississippi/video/273973068

https://vimeopro.com/bazmark/sam-bell-iv-tupelo-mississippi/video/273975906

https://vimeopro.com/bazmark/sam-bell-iv-tupelo-mississippi/video/273974901

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2019, 03:35:45 AM »

And more news about the movie:

New Elvis Presley movie starring Tom Hanks to be filmed on the Gold Coast

Hollywood legend Tom Hanks will star in a new Baz Luhrmann movie about the life of Elvis Presley to be filmed on the Gold Coast.

The dual-Oscar winner will play Presley's lifelong manager Colonel Tom Parker, but who'll play The King of rock 'n' roll is yet to be revealed.

"The role of Elvis will be filled after a worldwide search to be overseen by Baz Luhrmann," Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk told parliament.

She said the production would inject more than $105 million into the local economy, and generate 900 jobs in areas including set construction, catering and costume design.

The Warner Bros. Pictures film will be shot at the Village Roadshow studios on the Gold Coast, and follows a recent meeting between the premier and Luhrmann in London.

It will explore Presley's rise to fame with a focus on his complicated relationship with his manager.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/gold-coast-news-entertainment-elvis-film-tom-hanks/66a5b20f-d281-4b13-a964-1e0da558ac85
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 08:06:43 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2019, 11:03:16 AM »

Baz Luhrmann Is on the Hunt for an Actor to Play Elvis Presley — How to Be Considered!
The acclaimed director is seeking an actor to portray Elvis Presley in a new biopic opposite Tom Hanks

https://people.com/movies/baz-luhrmann-casting-role-elvis-presley/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-share-article&utm_content=20190509&utm_term=7037770&fbclid=IwAR2ph4dBlTL4XmioKfDHA8Q2cR_7-YlPH3jA15gNQaNUrJhWs4TrwywVbe8

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2019, 10:52:00 AM »

So, August 9th will see the release of a 11-CD boxset with Elvis' performances in Vegas in 1969. Arguably some of the best live Rock'n'Roll ever recorded. Here is the cover:

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2019, 12:02:18 PM »

The new release will include a book written by Ken Sharp:

EIN: We all know that there is a Sony deluxe release about to be announced for the 50th anniversary of Elvis' 1969 Las Vegas concerts. Maybe you are not allowed to tell me but can I ask you if you have been involved in any way with this up-and-coming release?

K.S: I’m honored to say that I was involved with the forthcoming Sony box set. In the accompanying book, I contributed the essay and provided an oral history behind Elvis’s return to the stage. 50 years ago if you had told this little kid that he’d be involved in such an important and historic release I would never have believed you. But that dream came true and I’m excited for Elvis fans to get a chance to absorb The King in all his live glory, ‘69 style!

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_Elvis-69-Ken-Sharp.html
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:08:10 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2019, 12:14:40 PM »

No tracklisting yet, but here's more from amazon:

Limited 11CD box set with 52 page book full of rare photos & memorabilia! One show entirely unreleased! Complete Newly Mixed and Mastered Shows! Celebrate the 50th Anniversary Of Elvis' Triumphant Return To The Stage "I missed the closeness of a live audience. So just as soon as I got out of the movie contracts, I started to do live performances again. " Elvis Presley First chronicled in part on the album Elvis In Person At The International Hotel 50 years ago, Live 1969 showcases this incredibly, important phase in Elvis' career in definitive detail his first live shows following his triumphant, 1968 comeback for NBC after an 8 year absence from playing live. This box set features 11 complete sets from the first of his many engagements at The International Hotel (several of which are released in full for the first time, with one show entirely unreleased), allowing fans a more definitive picture of The King's glorious return to the concert stage. 52-page book includes rare photos, memorabilia and an oral history by Ken Sharp curated from historic interviews with Elvis, Colonel Tom Park, Tom Jones, Jerry Schilling, James Burton, Cissy Houston, Terry Blackwood, George Klein, Fats Domino and more.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Live-1969-Elvis-Presley/dp/B07PPVVYMQ/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=elvis+presley+live+1969&qid=1560798769&s=gateway&sr=8-6

- Jack Rieley
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2019, 01:16:02 PM »

How much will this box cost ?
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 20, 2019, 08:41:39 PM »

How much will this box cost ?
More than I can afford!  Sad
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2019, 02:15:02 AM »

I believe I saw someone on another messageboard mentioning 115 €. Now, I don't know if that is correct and also I don't know how much $'s that would be. Hope we'll have more info soon.

EDIT:

Just saw on FECC that someone ordered the set for 105 € at bol.com

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/live-1969/9200000112679118/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 02:24:14 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2019, 03:49:47 AM »

It seems that on August 9th another show on vinyl will be released:

This show features among others the only known live versions of "This is the story" and "Rubberneckin'", both from the famous Memphis Sessions in '69. Especially the latter song is a fantastic funky rocker (no pun). Listen to it here, including a long false start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSl4Q5rmJrk

This is the setlist for the show:
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/concerts/Concert_expand.php?id=53

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2019, 09:11:48 AM »

I take it that these releases are just official releases of stuff already released on follow that dream label?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2019, 11:12:04 AM »

I take it that these releases are just official releases of stuff already released on follow that dream label?

No, the boset will feature one completely unreleased show (I think it's the one that was on the RSD LP), all the released ones and then the whole shows of which parts were already released, as I understand. If you have the FTDs and the other releases there's probably not a whole lot new stuff.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2019, 03:50:40 AM »

This seems to be the tracklisting, according to amazon.de:

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
8 Memories (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
9 Mystery Train/Tiger Man (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
10 Monologue (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
11 Baby, What You Want Me To Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
12 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
13 Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
14 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
15 Band Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
16 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
17 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
18 What'd I Say (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)
19 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/21/69 Midnight Show)

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
8 Memories (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
9 Medley: Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
10 Monologue (Lifestory) (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
11 Baby, What You Want Me to Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
12 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
13 Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
14 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
15 Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
16 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
17 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
18 What'd I Say (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)
19 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Dinner Show)

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
8 Memories (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
9 My Babe (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
10 Medley: Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
11 Monologue (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
12 Baby What You Want Me To Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
13 Funny How Time Slips Away (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
14 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
15 Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
16 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
17 Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
18 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
19 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
20 What'd I Say (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)
21 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/22/69 Midnight Show)

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
8 Memories (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
9 Medley: Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
10 Monologue (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
11 Baby, What You Want Me to Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
12 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
13 Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
14 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
15 Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
16 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
17 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
18 What'd I Say (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)
19 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Dinner Show)

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
8 Memories (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
9 Medley: Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
10 Monologue (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
11 Baby, What You Want Me to Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
12 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
13 Reconsider Baby (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
14 Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
15 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
16 Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
17 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
18 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
19 What'd I Say (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)
20 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/23/69 Midnight Show)

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
8 I Can't Stop Loving You (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
9 Johnny B. Goode (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
10 Elvis Talks About His Career (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
11 Baby, What You Want Me to Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
12 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
13 Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
14 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
15 Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
16 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
17 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
18 What'd I Say (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)
19 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Dinner Show)

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
8 I Can't Stop Loving You (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
9 Johnny B. Goode (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
10 Monologue (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
11 Baby, What You Want Me to Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
12 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
13 Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
14 Words (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
15 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
16 Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
17 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
18 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)
19 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/24/69 Midnight Show)

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
8 Memories (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
9 Medley: Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
10 Monologue (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
11 Baby, What You Want Me to Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
12 Funny How Time Slips Away (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
13 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
14 Words (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
15 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
16 Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
17 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
18 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
19 What'd I Say (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)
20 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Dinner Show)

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
8 I Can't Stop Loving You (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
9 My Babe (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
10 Medley: Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
11 Monologue (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
12 Baby, What You Want Me to Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
13 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
14 Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
15 Words (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
16 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
17 Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
18 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
19 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
20 What'd I Say (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)
21 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/25/69 Midnight Show)

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
8 Memories (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
9 My Babe (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
10 Medley: Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
11 Monologue (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
12 Baby, What You Want Me to Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
13 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
14 Inherit the Wind (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
15 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
16 Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
17 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
18 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)
19 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Dinner Show)

1 Blue Suede Shoes (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
2 I Got a Woman (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
3 All Shook Up (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
4 Love Me Tender (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
5 Medley: Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
6 Heartbreak Hotel (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
7 Hound Dog (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
8 I Can't Stop Loving You (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
9 Medley: Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
10 Monologue (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
11 Baby, What You Want Me to Do (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
12 Runaway (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
13 Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Laughing Version) (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
14 Rubberneckin' (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
15 Medley: Yesterday / Hey Jude (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
16 Introductions (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
17 In the Ghetto (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
18 This Is the Story (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
19 Suspicious Minds (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)
20 Can't Help Falling In Love (Live at The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV - 8/26/69 Midnight Show)

https://www.amazon.de/Live-1969-Elvis-Presley/dp/B07T93S575/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=elvis+live+1969&qid=1561621194&s=gateway&sr=8-1

And a official promo video:

Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley - 1969 (Project Trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wPXlMRAG24
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 03:57:17 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2019, 04:00:36 AM »

Also it looks like Sony will release the Memphis Sessions, although currently as download only.

https://www.amazon.de/American-Sound-1969-Elvis-Presley/dp/B07T7LDXS4/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=elvis+american+Sound+1969&qid=1561631795&s=gateway&sr=8-2

1 Long Black Limousine (Takes 1, 2, 3 & 5)
2 Long Black Limousine (Take 6)
3 Long Black Limousine (Takes 7, 8 & 9)
4 Long Black Limousine (Take 9)
5 This Is the Story (Takes 1 & 2)
6 Wearin' That Loved On Look (Takes 1, 2, 3 & 5)
7 Wearin' That Loved On Look (Take 10)
8 Wearin' That Loved On Look (Takes 12, 13 & 14)
9 Wearin' That Loved On Look (Take 15)
10 You'll Think of Me (Takes 1-6)
11 You'll Think of Me (Take 7)
12 You'll Think of Me (Take Cool
13 You'll Think of Me (Takes 11 & 14)
14 You'll Think of Me (Take 16)
15 You'll Think of Me (Takes 19, 20 & 22)
16 You'll Think of Me (Take 23)

1 I'm Movin' On (Takes 1-2)
2 I'm Movin' On (Take 2)
3 A Little Bit of Green (Rehearsal)
4 A Little Bit of Green (Take 1)
5 A Little Bit of Green (Takes 2-3)
6 Gentle On My Mind (with track replacement overdubs and master vocal)
7 Don't Cry Daddy (Take 3)
8 Poor Man's Gold (Take 12)
9 Inherit the Wind (Take 1, rehearsal, take 4)
10 Mama Liked the Roses (master track with alternate vocal overdub)
11 Mama Liked the Roses (master track with master vocal overdub)
12 My Little Friend (master track with master vocal overdub)
13 In the Ghetto (Take 1)
14 In the Ghetto (Takes 2-3)
15 In the Ghetto (Take 4)
16 In the Ghetto (Takes 5-10)
17 In the Ghetto (Take 11)
18 In the Ghetto (Take 13)
19 In the Ghetto (Take 19)
20 In the Ghetto (Take 20)
21 In the Ghetto (Take 22)

1 Rubberneckin' (Takes 1-2)
2 Hey Jude (Take 1)
3 Hey Jude (Takes 3, 5, 6 & 7)
4 From a Jack to King (Takes 1-3)
5 From a Jack to King (Takes 4-5)
6 Without Love (There Is Nothing) (Take 1)
7 Without Love (There Is Nothing) (Takes 2-4)
8 Without Love (There Is Nothing) (Take 5)
9 I'll Hold You In My Heart (Till I Can Hold You In My Arms) (Take 1)
10 I'll Be There (Takes 1-3)
11 I'll Be There (Takes 4-6)
12 Suspicious Minds (Takes 1-5)
13 Suspicious Minds (Take 6)
14 Suspicious Minds (Take 7)
15 Suspicious Minds (Take Cool

1 Stranger In My Own Home Town (Jam)
2 Medley: It's My Way / This Time / I Can't Stop Loving You (Jam)
3 True Love Travels On a Gravel Road (Take 2)
4 True Love Travels On a Gravel Road (Take 4)
5 True Love Travels On a Gravel Road (Take 5)
6 True Love Travels On a Gravel Road (Takes 6-7)
7 True Love Travels On a Gravel Road (Take 11)
8 And the Grass Won't Pay No Mind (Takes 1, 3 & 5)
9 And the Grass Won't Pay No Mind (Take 6 (master track with live vocal))
10 And the Grass Won't Pay No Mind (Take 6 (master track with overdubbed vocal))
11 Power of My Love (Take 1)
12 Power of My Love (Takes 2 & 3)
13 Power of My Love (Take 6)
14 Power of My Love (Take 7)
15 After Loving You (Take 2)
16 After Loving You (Take 3)
17 After Loving You (Take 4)
18 Do You Know Who I Am? (Takes 1 & 3)
19 Do You Know Who I Am? (Take 4)
20 Do You Know Who I Am? (Take 5)
21 Do You Know Who I Am? (Take 7)

1 Kentucky Rain (Takes 1-3)
2 Kentucky Rain (Takes 5-7)
3 Kentucky Rain (Take Cool
4 Kentucky Rain (Take 9)
5 Kentucky Rain (Take 10)
6 Only the Strong Survive (Take 1)
7 Only the Strong Survive (Takes 8, 11 & 12)
8 Only the Strong Survive (Takes 17, 21 & 22)
9 Only the Strong Survive (Take 29)
10 It Keeps Right On a Hurtin' (Takes 1 & 2)
11 Any Day Now (Takes 1 & 2)
12 Any Day Now (Takes 3 & 4)
13 Any Day Now (Takes 5 & 6)
14 If I'm a Fool (For Loving You) (Takes 1, 2 & 3)
15 If I'm a Fool (For Loving You) (Takes 6, 7, 8 & 9)
16 The Fair's Moving On (track master with vocal overdub)
17 Who Am I? (track master with vocal overdub)

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2019, 08:53:40 AM »

A Slew of Unreleased Elvis Presley Material From 1969 Is on the Way

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8517804/elvis-presley-1969-unreleased-material

50th anniversary box set, digital reissue will celebrate Elvis Presley’s triumphant 1969

https://eu.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2019/06/27/elvis-presley-box-set-digital-reissue-68-comeback-special-new-elvis-releases-memphis-boys/1576104001/

You can find different editions of the live release here:

https://www.shopelvis.com/dept/elvis-live-1969?cp=796_105769
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:01:02 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2019, 12:56:43 PM »

Here's the official press release, ecluding the tracklisting (click on the link for that):

RCA/Legacy Will Also Release American Sound 1969 Featuring 90 Rare and Previously Unreleased Outtakes From Presley’s American Sound Sessions, Including His Indelible Hits “In The Ghetto” and “Suspicious Minds” – Out Digitally on Friday, August 23rd, 2019

“Suspicious Minds” Celebrates its 50th Anniversary on August 26th, 2019

The 50th anniversary of Elvis Presley’s transformative Las Vegas residency at the International Hotel will be commemorated this summer with Live 1969, a deluxe 11-CD box set out August 9th on RCA/Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. Marking his return to the stage for the first time in eight years, Elvis’ 1969 Vegas run featured 57 sold-out shows and the live debut of his signature #1 hit “Suspicious Minds” (the track celebrates its 50th anniversary on August 26th). The transcendent performances included The King of Rock and Roll backed by two vocal groups (The Imperials and The Sweet Inspirations), a full orchestra and a band later known as the TCB band. 

Live 1969 is the definitive collection of The King at the height of his power. For the first time ever, it features the release of eleven complete sets from Elvis’ August 1969 engagement at Las Vegas’ International Hotel. Of these performances, four are being released in full for the first time ever – including two Elvis shows that have remained almost completely unheard for fifty years (August 22nd and 25th). The package also includes a 52-page booklet with rare photos, memorabilia and an oral history by Ken Sharp curated from historic interviews with Elvis, Colonel Tom Parker, Tom Jones, Jerry Schilling, James Burton, Cissy Houston, Terry Blackwood, George Klein, Fats Domino and more.

Also, being released on August 9th is the special 2-LP Live at the International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV August 26, 1969. The vinyl release features Elvis’ complete set from August 26’s Midnight show. The material includes a repertoire of blues-tinged rock ‘n’ roll, beautiful ballads and his two, brand-new hit singles “In The Ghetto” and “Suspicious Minds.” The performance also gives rare insight into an otherwise very private man, as Elvis cracks jokes and tells in-depth stories about his career.

Fans who pre-order these releases through ShopElvis.com can select from bundle packages that include an exclusive t-shirt and a replica International Hotel keychain.

Additionally, an exclusive limited-edition hot pink and yellow version of the 2-LP Live at the International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV August 26, 1969, will be available through Shop Graceland, and fans who use Shop Graceland to pre-order will also receive a collector’s item Elvis TCB keychain with purchase.

Live 1969 and Live at the International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV August 26, 1969 are available for pre-order now:https://Elvis.lnk.to/Live1969PR

Listen and follow the Elvis Presley: Live 1969 & More playlist: https://Elvis.lnk.to/L1969PLPR

Elvis’ residency at the International Hotel followed his massively successful Comeback Special on NBC-TV in 1968, featuring Elvis for 29 nights and a total of 57 sold-out performances. The International Hotel boasted the biggest showroom in Vegas at the time, with a stage large enough for a 40-piece orchestra and capable of seating 2,000 (although 200 more were accommodated each night). The shows were considered to be a dazzling success by fans and critics alike.

In addition to Live in 1969, RCA/Legacy Recordings will release American Sound 1969 digitally on August 23rd. The collection features over 90 tracks of rare and unreleased material from Elvis’ 1969 American Sound Studio sessions – which resulted in his From Elvis In Memphis

record later that year. From Elvis In Memphis ranks among Elvis’ most universally beloved records, spawning the iconic hit “In The Ghetto.”

The other singles from 1969 include “Don’t Cry Daddy,” “Suspicious Minds,” and “Mama Liked The Roses,” each of which went on to sell over one million copies. “Suspicious Minds” became Elvis’ 18th and final single to top the Billboard 100 – a prime example of his late career renaissance. American Sound 1969 includes alternate versions of each of these classics and more.

American Sound 1969 is available for pre-order now: https://Elvis.lnk.to/AS1969PR

www.elvisthemusic.com

www.elvis.com

www.legacyrecordings.com

https://www.legacyrecordings.com/2019/06/27/elvis-presleys-pivotal-year-of-1969-celebrated-with-massive-11-cd-50th-anniversary-box-set-of-his-performances-at-the-international-hotel-in-las-vegas-live-1969-available-physically-digitally/

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: July 02, 2019, 11:30:30 AM »

Elvis Presley won't be easy to cast, but plenty in Hollywood are trying to fill his blue suede shoes

(CNN)Baz Luhrmann's upcoming Elvis Presley biopic is currently testing some big name actors to play the singer in the movie.
"Baby Driver" star Ansel Elgort, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who appeared in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and "Whiplash" star Miles Teller, all tested for the director last week, according to a report by the Hollywood Reporter.
Producers for the Warner Bros. project are also looking at Harry Styles and Austin Butler, who has a role in Quentin Tarantino's new film, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood." (CNN and Warner Bros. share parent company WarnerMedia.)

Reportedly, set to play Col. Tom Parker, the legendary manager who controlled Elvis' life and career, is Tom Hanks.
The Elvis role is expected to be filled in the coming weeks.
The project was announced last year and follows a slew of rock biopics, including the hit "Bohemian Rhapsody," about Queen frontman Freddie Mercury, and the Elton John film "Rocketman."

Luhrmann is also writing the movie, which will be split into two parts -- Elvis' early success, then his life after age 35.
Presley died in 1977 at age 42.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/02/entertainment/elvis-presley-biopic/index.html?utm_source=fbCNN&utm_content=2019-07-02T18%3A03%3A38&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&fbclid=IwAR1VB0sGjPRhe3PaI2vNi5ROIz6W9UVPhVOUuZDsx9QoXaiRsxTlTk9B3e4&fbclid=IwAR3dK7D75YVCiT2Qpcgdc9RFTQobM7r_vTGk_a09IesVb4o0jleU8eJNMKE

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2019, 10:35:09 AM »

Usually I don't post updates on new releases on the Follow That Dream-label, but since this one fits in with the 1969 theme, I will:

To celebrate FTD's 20th Anniversary, from FTD the release of 'Elvis: American Sound 1969' a 5-CD set that's part of FTD's new 'Sessions' series, includes a 28-page booklet with rare photos and memorabilia.

Elvis' pivotal Year of 1969 celebrated with Elvis: American Sound 1969 featuring all known and previously unreleased outtakes from the legendary American Sound Sessions, Including 'In The Ghetto' and 'Suspicious Minds'.

'Suspicious Minds' celebrates its 50th Anniversary on August 26th, 2019

Disc 1

1) Long Black Limousine - takes 1,2,3 & 5 4:41 Previously unreleased
2) Long Black Limousine - take 6 4:30
First release: FTD CD 'Memphis Sessions' 74321-89293-2. 10-200
3) Long Black Limousine - takes 7,8 & 9 5:02
First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis In Memphis' 506020-975047. 04-201
4) Long Black Limousine - take 9 (undubbed master with vocal repairs) 4:22
First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis At American Sound Studio' 506020-975064. 12-2013
5) This Is The Story - takes 1 & 2 (take 2 is master track & vocal overdub) 3:31
First release: FTD CD 'Memphis Sessions' 74321-89293-2. 10-2001
6) Wearin' That Loved On Look - takes 1,2,3 & 5 2:19 Takes 1, 2 & 5. Previously unreleased
Take 3. First release: RCA 2-CD set 'Suspicious Minds - The Memphis 1969 Anthology' 07863-67677-2. 04-13-1999
7) Wearin' That Loved On Look - take 10 3:06
Cool Wearin' That Loved On Look - takes 12,13 & 14 4:53
First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis In Memphis' 506020-975047. 04-2013
9) Wearin' That Loved On Look - take 15 (undubbed master) 3:07
10) You'll Think Of Me - takes 1-6 6:39
First release: FTD 2-CD set 'Back In Memphis' 506020-975050. 12-2012
11) You'll Think Of Me - take 7 4:50
First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis At American Sound Studio' 506020-975064. 12-2013
12) You'll Think Of Me - take 8 4:25
First release: FTD CD 'Made In Memphis' 82876-76965. 04-2006
13) You'll Think Of Me - takes 11 & 14 6:01 Take 11. Previously unreleased
Take 14. First release: FTD CD 'Memphis Sessions' 74321-89293-2. 10-2001
14) You'll Think Of Me - take 16 4:32
First release: RCA 2-CD set 'Suspicious Minds - The Memphis 1969 Anthology' 07863-67677-2.
15) You'll Think Of Me - takes 19,20 & 22 4:04 Previously unreleased
16) You'll Think Of Me - take 23 (undubbed master) 4:27

Disc 2

1) I'm Movin' On - takes 1-2 3:52 (Clarence E. 'Hank' Snow)
2) I'm Movin' On - take 2 (with vocal replacements and steel guitar overdub) 2:57
3) A Little Bit Of Green - rehearsal 4:28 (Chris Arnold/Geoff Morrow/David Martin)
4) A Little Bit Of Green - take 1 3:42
5) A Little Bit Of Green - takes 2-3 (track master with live vocal) 5:04
6) Gentle On My Mind (with track replacement overdubs and master vocal) 3:42 (John Hartford)
7) Don't Cry Daddy - take 3 (master take with vocal overdub) 3:47 (Scott 'Mac' Davis)
Cool Poor Man's Gold - take 12 (track master with incomplete vocal overdub) 1:06
First release: RCA 2-CD set 'Suspicious Minds - The Memphis 1969 Anthology' 07863-67677-2
9) Inherit The Wind - take 1, rehearsal, take 4 with vocal overdub #1 4:18
10) Mama Liked The Roses (master track with alternate vocal overdub) 2:30
11) Mama Liked The Roses (master track with master vocal overdub) 3:22
12) My Little Friend (master track with master vocal overdub) 3:14
13) In The Ghetto - take 1 2:56
14) In The Ghetto - takes 2-3 4:06
Take 2. First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis In Memphis' 506020-975047. 04-2013
Take 3. First release: RCA 4-CD set 'Platinum - A Life In Music' 07863-67469-2. 07-15-1997
15) In The Ghetto - take 4 2:58
First release: RCA 5-CD set 'From Memphis To Nashville - The Essential 60's Masters' I - 07863-66160-2. 09-28-1993
16) In The Ghetto - takes 5-10 6:52 Previously unreleased
17) In The Ghetto - take 11 3:19
18) In The Ghetto - take 13 2:53
19) In The Ghetto - take 19 3:09
20) In The Ghetto - take 20 3:05
First release: RCA 4-CD set 'Elvis: Today, Tomorrow & Forever' 07863-65115. 06-25-2002
21) In The Ghetto - take 22 (track master with vocal overdub) 3:07

Disc 3

1) Rubberneckin' - takes 1-2 (take 2 is undubbed master) 2:51
Take 1. First release: RCA 2-CD set 'Suspicious Minds - The Memphis 1969 Anthology' 07863-67677-2
Take 2. First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis At American Sound Studio' 506020-975064. 12-2013
2) Hey Jude - take 1 4:45
3) Hey Jude - takes 3,5,6 & 7 6:27
Take 5. First release: FTD CD 'Memphis Sessions' 74321-89293-2. 10-2001
Takes 3,6 & 7. First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis At American Sound Studio' 506020-975064. 12-2013
4) From A Jack To A King - takes 1-3 3:12
5) From A Jack To A King - takes 4-5 (take 5 is undubbed master) 3:02
6) Without Love (There Is Nothing) - take 1 3:16 (Danny Small)
First release: RCA 2-CD set 'Suspicious Minds - The Memphis 1969 Anthology' 07863-67677-2
7) Without Love (There Is Nothing) - takes 2-4 4:01
Take 2. First release: FTD 2-CD set 'Back In Memphis' 506020-975050. 12-2012
Takes 3-4. First release: FTD CD 'Memphis Sessions' 74321-89293-2. 10-2001
Cool Without Love (There Is Nothing) - take 5 (undubbed master) 2:57
9) I'll Hold You In My Heart (Till I Can You In My Arms) - take 1 (master) 4:38
First release: RCA LP 'From Elvis In Memphis' LSP 4155. 06-17-1969
10) I'll Be There - takes 1-3 (take 3 is undubbed master) 4:35 (Bobby Darin)
11) I'll Be There - takes 4-6 3:12
First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis At American Sound Studio' 506020-975064. 12-201
12) Suspicious Minds - takes 1-5 8:33
13) Suspicious Minds - take 6 3:43
14) Suspicious Minds - take 7 3:46
First release: RCA 5-CD set 'From Memphis To Nashville - The Essential 60's Masters' I - 07863-66160-2. 09-28-1993
15) Suspicious Minds - take 8 (undubbed master) 4:06
First release: RCA 4-CD set 'Platinum - A Life In Music' 07863-67469-2. 07-15-1997

Disc 4

1) Stranger In My Own Home Town - jam (undubbed) 4:55
2) It's My Way/This Time/I Can't Stop Loving You - jam 3:52
3) True Love Travels On A Gravel Road - take 2 2:37
First release: RCA 4-CD set 'Elvis: Today, Tomorrow & Forever' 07863-65115. 06-25-2002
4) True Love Travels On A Gravel Road - take 4 2:32
First release: RCA 2-CD set 'Suspicious Minds - The Memphis 1969 Anthology' 07863-67677-2. 04-13-1999
5) True Love Travels On A Gravel Road - take 5 3:00
6) True Love Travels On A Gravel Road - takes 6-7 4:36
7) True Love Travels On A Gravel Road - take 11 (undubbed master) 3:16
Cool And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind - takes 1,3 & 5 6:34
9) And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind - take 6 (master track with live vocal) 3:33
10) And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind - take 6 (master track with overdubbed vocal) 3:56
11) Power Of My Love - take 1 3:14
12) Power Of My Love - takes 2 & 3 3:17
Take 2. First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis In Memphis' 506020-975047. 04-2013
Take 3. First release: RCA 4-CD set 'Platinum - A Life In Music' 07863-67469-2. 07-15-1997
13) Power Of My Love - take 6 3:56
14) Power Of My Love - take 7 (undubbed master) 3:06
15) After Loving You - take 2 3:43
First release: RCA 2-CD set 'Suspicious Minds - The Memphis 1969 Anthology' 07863-67677-2. 04-13-1999
16) After Loving You - take 3 3:42
17) After Loving You - take 4 (undubbed master) 3:14
18) Do You Know Who I Am? - takes 1 & 3 5:03
Take 1. First release: FTD CD 'Memphis Sessions' 74321-89293-2. 10-2001
Take 3. FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis At American Sound Studio' 506020-975064. 12-2013
19) Do You Know Who I Am? - take 4 4:01
20) Do You Know Who I Am? - take 5 4:31
21) Do You Know Who I Am? - take 7 (master with vocal overdub) 3:16

Disc 5

1) Kentucky Rain - takes 1-3 7:17
Takes 1-2. First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis At American Sound Studio' 506020-975064. 12-2013
Take 3. First release: RCA 2-CD set 'Suspicious Minds - The Memphis 1969 Anthology' 07863-67677-2. 04-13-1999
2) Kentucky Rain - takes 5-7 6:02
3) Kentucky Rain - take 8 3:57
4) Kentucky Rain - take 9 3:57
5) Kentucky Rain - take 10 (undubbed master) 4:19
6) Only The Strong Survive - take 1 2:27
7) Only The Strong Survive - takes 8,11 & 12 5:53
Cool Only The Strong Survive - takes 17,21 & 22 4:38
Takes 17 & 21. First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis In Memphis' 506020-975047. 04-2013
Take 22. First release: FTD CD 'Memphis Sessions' 74321-89293-2. 10-2001
9) Only The Strong Survive - take 29 (undubbed master) 3:22
10) It Keeps Right On A Hurtin' - takes 1 & 2 4:24
Take 1. First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis In Memphis' 506020-975047. 04-2013
Take 2. First release: RCA 2-CD set 'Suspicious Minds - The Memphis 1969 Anthology' 07863-67677-2. 04-13-1999
11) Any Day Now - takes 1 & 2 3:36 (Bob Hilliard/Burt Bacharach)
Take 1. First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis In Memphis' 506020-975047. 04-2013
Take 2. First release: FTD CD 'Memphis Sessions' 74321-89293-2. 10-2001
12) Any Day Now - takes 3 & 4 5:13
13) Any Day Now - takes 5 & 6 (take 6 is undubbed master track and live vocal) 5:44
14) If I'm A Fool (For Loving You) - takes 1,2 & 3 5:55
Takes 1 & 2. First release: FTD 2-CD set 'From Elvis At American Sound Studio' 506020-975064. 12-2013
Take 3. First release: FTD CD 'Memphis Sessions' 74321-89293-2. 10-2001
15) If I'm A Fool (For Loving You) - takes 6,7,8 & 9 (take 9 is undubbed master) 6:47
16) The Fair's Moving On (track master with vocal overdub) 3:17
17) Who Am I ? (undubbed master) 3:08

Source: https://www.elvispresleyshop.com/elvisa-american-sound-1969-5-cd-boxset-from-ftd

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2019, 02:40:24 AM »

Baz Luhrmann Sets Austin Butler In Starmaking Elvis Presley Role Opposite Tom Hanks In Warner Bros Film

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/baz-luhrmann-sets-austin-butler-in-starmaking-elvis-presley-role-opposite-tom-hanks-in-warner-bros-film/ar-AAEmub1?li=BBnbfcL#image=AA7STgA|21

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »

This is the back cover for the new live set:

- Jack Rieley
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2019, 04:28:34 AM »

I've become obsessed with Elvis in the last month. I think he was the greatest. Some albums I've been playing:

- Elvis at Sun
- Elvis Presley
- Elvis
- Loving You
- Elvis' Golden Records
- For LP Fans Only
- A Date with Elvis
- Elvis (1968 live album)
- From Elvis in Memphis
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2019, 06:49:33 AM »

I've become obsessed with Elvis in the last month. I think he was the greatest. Some albums I've been playing:

- Elvis at Sun
- Elvis Presley
- Elvis
- Loving You
- Elvis' Golden Records
- For LP Fans Only
- A Date with Elvis
- Elvis (1968 live album)
- From Elvis in Memphis

Those are some mighty fine records. And there's still some other stuff to discover. Elvis is certainly a phenomenon. He was more or less the first artist you couldn't put into any category although they tried hard - and still do. Then they came up with this term "Rock'n'Roll" and got angry when he sang "Are you lonesome tonight?" and still didn't stick to any categories.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2019, 11:15:41 AM »

Austin Butler’s Elvis Presley Biopic Gets Fall 2021 Release Date

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/austin-butler-elvis-presley-biopic-2021-release-1203290408/

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx