-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  NBA 2017 Topic
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NBA 2017 Topic  (Read 172946 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 11, 2018, 04:29:27 PM »

I'm at the point of being happy with almost anything.

Today the Wolves canceled practice (and thus media) and yet somehow still seem not to have come out of it with Thibs fired or Butler traded. In fact, there is just more soap opera style news that they did, or didn't, depending on who you ask, hold a players-only in which Butler either ripped into everyone or said his only issue was with management and ownership (unless it didn't happen at all).

Such a joke, the whole thing. For Taylor to have let Thibs keep his job at this point is just amazing. I want that guy to hire me for something. Anything. Apparently once I'm in, I can do anything I want and I'm safe from discipline.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 11, 2018, 04:46:48 PM »

I think your semi-pro team internship would look good to Glen Taylor! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2018, 05:02:38 PM »

It's true: my writing could bring the Wolves up to the level of the SLAM! (That's how they wrote it: SLAM! It was agony, considering I was a college student at the time being pummeled with Strunk & White and the like, and thus wholly opposed to overuse of capitalization and exclamation points.)

Now I'm trying to think of how many SLAM! players were better than various Wolves players over the years...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: