gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:20:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beatles Survivor #7 Winner: ELEANOR RIGBY  (Read 49952 times)
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 06, 2017, 03:46:25 PM »

His dot post was voting 2nd time, now with "Here There & Everywhere". He somehow took it to mean that pixletwin arranged separate round, to choose between the 2. I explained to him it's still the same round. & showed him his earlier choice.
Watamushi, did I say it right?
Right.

This is what is right.  Cotton Insect (Watamushi) tried to change his vote.  Did it in a way to the best of his abilities.  Then was told he could not according to some rule I've never heard of, and I've been playing this game for over three years.

When is a game not a game?  When all the rules are set by only one person.  Makes it more a "Rank the Tracks" deal, per individual.  That can be done elsewhere.
No, I didn't want to change the vote, but I thought it was the new round between Here and Sleeping, and thought I had to vote for one of the two. If not for my misunderstanding, that would never happen. Sorry everyone.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 06, 2017, 03:50:47 PM »

Cotton Insect?  Brow
This:

Quote from: @watamushi" source="/post/20043/thread" timestamp="1486803671
Quote from: @bonniebella" source="/post/20040/thread" timestamp="1486802851

Watamushi, may I ask if your name is a word, and if it is, what does it mean?  (You may answer; "It's my name, you fool." if necessary.)

wata means cotton, and mushi means insect.
Watamushi is a imaginary creature in my imaginary world.  It's not my real name, but all my friends and families know it.
And I usually use it as my username. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:54:24 PM by Watamushi (Polly Poller) » Logged
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 06, 2017, 03:52:11 PM »

This time I'd go for Taxman.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 06, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »

No, I didn't want to change the vote, but I thought it was the new round between Here and Sleeping, and thought I had to vote for one of the two. If not for my misunderstanding, that would never happen. Sorry everyone.
I explained just that - twice - but they don't believe me. Thanks to confirm my words.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 06, 2017, 04:17:27 PM »

This is what is right.  Cotton Insect (Watamushi) tried to change his vote.  Did it in a way to the best of his abilities.  Then was told he could not according to some rule I've never heard of, and I've been playing this game for over three years.

When is a game not a game?  When all the rules are set by only one person.  Makes it more a "Rank the Tracks" deal, per individual.  That can be done elsewhere.

Hmm. Suppressed voter.
Why do you say without knowing? You 2 have no idea what happened.

1) After pixletwin's "7 Here / 7 Sleeping" tie, Watamushi weirdly typed "Here There & Everywhere".
2) Then I reminded him that he already voted bringing up his past post during this round, which was for "Eleanor Rigby". He didn't say clearly that he changes his vote & it made me suspicious that he might got mixed up.
3) I pm'ed him further to clarify & he said that he thought that this is another, separate, round between only 2 songs "Here" & "Sleeping". I told him it's not. Hence he edited his post & replied to my explanation - which instead of jumping with your "rule I've never heard of" rubbish, you should've read Roll Eyes - "Right".

See? It's precisely what took place. Watamushi can confirm (wait! he DID confirm). It's not cool what the 2 of you say. Esp. I didn't expect from Emily to hint I suppress the voter. Apology imminent.
I'm not sure why you think I didn't know what happened.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 06, 2017, 04:22:18 PM »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:15:55 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 06, 2017, 04:28:39 PM »

I knew what happened and I responded as I did, so  that's not correct. Done with the topic.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 06, 2017, 04:29:57 PM »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:15:12 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 06, 2017, 04:30:45 PM »

.Survivor #8 is going to be DOUBLE the amount of fun!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:12:36 PM by pixletwin » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:14:23 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2017, 04:38:47 PM »

I explained just that - twice - but they don't believe me. Thanks to confirm my words.
Anyway, thanks for explaining it instead of me Smiley
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2017, 04:42:35 PM »

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:49:01 PM by Watamushi (Polly Poller) » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2017, 04:45:28 PM »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:13:52 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 06, 2017, 04:51:12 PM »

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:13:22 PM by pixletwin » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: May 06, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »

Why tell it in the 1st place, then? Is there other definition to "suppressed"?

Just drop it please. It is a real buzz kill.

Yes, please.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 06, 2017, 04:57:37 PM »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:13:27 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2017, 05:01:27 PM »

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:12:03 PM by pixletwin » Logged
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »

wow.....buzz kill, not sure what's going on with the saga there, isn't this suppost to be fun?

but the top track here is from the quiet Beatle.......... TAXMAN!!!!!!!!!!!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2017, 05:47:41 PM »

Gonna have to give the edge to Taxman
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »

eleanor rigby

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2017, 06:19:44 PM »

Taxman
KDS
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2017, 08:16:22 PM »

Tough one. 

Im giving my vote to Taxman.  I love Ms. Rigby, but it feels more like a Paul solo effort.  Its not even my favorite Paul song on the record. That honor goes to For No One.

My favorite Revolver track is probably And Your Bird Can Sing, but didnt have the votes.  Oh well.  Not really a wrong answer.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2017, 08:34:51 PM »

Tough one. 

Im giving my vote to Taxman.  I love Ms. Rigby, but it feels more like a Paul solo effort.  Its not even my favorite Paul song on the record. That honor goes to For No One.

It sure was a tough one. And I agree with you that For No One is the best of the Paul songs on this album (and one of his best, period, IMO)
Although I voted for "Eleanor" I wouldn't be upset at all if Taxman won. That's a wonderful song. And George would get even better, with the Beatles and especially solo.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
KDS
« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2017, 10:02:49 PM »

Tough one. 

It sure was a tough one. And I agree with you that For No One is the best of the Paul songs on this album (and one of his best, period, IMO)
Although I voted for "Eleanor" I wouldn't be upset at all if Taxman won. That's a wonderful song. And George would get even better, with the Beatles and especially solo.

I think Eleanor has better lyrics, but the music and melody of For No One is unbe-f***ing-lieveable
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2017, 10:49:56 PM »

Tough one. 

I think Eleanor has better lyrics, but the music and melody of For No One is unbe-f***ing-lieveable

Exactly. For No One is as good as most part of Pet Sounds.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx