gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680554 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 04:34:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beatles Survivor #6 WINNER: In My Life  (Read 40984 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2017, 03:15:55 AM »

Michelle
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2017, 04:01:14 AM »

you won't see me (again)
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2017, 06:12:22 AM »

Drive My Car

Every wave is new until it breaks.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2017, 07:07:15 AM »

Michelle
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2017, 09:44:50 AM »

"Michelle" - Think it would have worked better as an instrumental.  "Wait" is one of my very very favorites on this
album.  Voting off something so good this early in the game is puzzling.

And I have a comment on live Beatles.  If the monitors and sound systems would have been better, even in 1966, they had plenty of
ability.  They had too many live in the studio tracks to say they couldn't play well live in the right setting.  Wind, especially, can change
the way a performance sounds when being filmed from just a short distance.  Films from places like the Poll Winners shows and Shea and
Candlestick all suffer from the conditions they were filmed in.  I don't know about you, but I think the Roof Top performance is damn good.
Produced great versions of great songs.  If you set the mics up right, the wind matters less.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Scaroline No
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »

I'm Looking Through You
KDS
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2017, 12:56:45 PM »

Im Looking Through You
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2017, 02:33:25 PM »

michelle

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2017, 02:46:47 PM »

3D "The Word" is back out the door!

Damn and blast. One of the best songs by anyone ever. Isn't there some way of getting it back in the door? Or am I missing something crucial? 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2017, 03:09:03 PM »

Well it's Survivor game - you can't get anything back, it goes against the rules. As everybody knows, every game has rules, fun as it may be.

"The Word" is dumped. :D Time to move fwd. police

Now I buzz off "Michelle" - don't like the ugly French, insipid melody, even bass doesn't save.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »

Think For Yourself
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2017, 03:12:40 PM »

I can't believe how unpopular Michelle is.

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2017, 05:52:13 AM »

Never liked the song. What RangeRover said about it pretty much sums up my thoughts on it
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2017, 02:54:11 PM »

Never liked the song. What RangeRover said about it pretty much sums up my thoughts on it

Geez laweez. I can't find my knees.

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2017, 05:46:30 PM »

The preceding albums were the countdown. Now we are BLASTING OFF!!!

Rubber Soul is an album by the Beatles, their sixth UK album, and the tenth released in America. Released on 3 December 1965, it met with a highly favourable critical response and topped record charts in the United Kingdom for several weeks, as well as in the United States, where it was issued with a different selection of tracks.

Produced by George Martin, Rubber Soul incorporates a mix of 1960s pop, soul, and folk music styles. The album's name comes from the term plastic soul, which popular African American soul musicians coined to describe Mick Jagger, a white musician singing soul music. It was the second Beatles album – after the British version of A Hard Day's Night – to contain only original material, and was recorded in just over four weeks to make the Christmas market. Unlike the five albums that preceded it, Rubber Soul was recorded during a continuous period, whereas the group had previously made their albums during breaks between tour dates and other commitments. The project marked the first time that the Beatles focused on creating an album as an artistic work, an approach that they then developed with Revolver (1966) and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967).

The album has been included in numerous "best of" album lists compiled by various publications, and is regarded by musicologists as a major artistic achievement that continued the group's artistic maturation while attaining widespread critical and commercial success. In 2012, Rubber Soul was ranked number five on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time". In 2013, after the British Phonographic Industry changed their sales award rules, the album was declared as having gone platinum.

12 votes(again) gathered for 6 different songs (again). I don't recall any round of Survivor being this thinly spread (again!)! Crazy.

6 smilers find that these are words that go together well: "The tribe has spoken."

Per the usual, vote off your LEAST FAVORITE.

Tally on March 22.

Drive My Car
Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
You Won't See Me
Nowhere Man
Think For Yourself
Girl
I'm Looking Through You
In My Life
If I Needed Someone

Round#1 What Goes On March 7
Round#2 Run For Your Life March 10
Round#3 The Word March 14
Round#4 Wait March 17
Round#5 Michelle March 20

Time has come to lose the lesser of two george songs: Think For Yourself

Vote!!! Vote!!! Vote!!!

3D
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2017, 06:27:09 PM »

bluesno1fann
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2017, 06:36:24 PM »

Girl
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2017, 06:39:17 PM »

Drive

My

Car

Every wave is new until it breaks.
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2017, 08:14:32 PM »

Think For Yourself
KDS
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2017, 08:17:08 PM »

Im Looking Through You

1-1-wonderful
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2017, 05:13:02 AM »

I'm Looking Through You
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2017, 05:52:54 AM »

Think For Yourself.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2017, 06:08:17 AM »

Girl
I don't like the "tatatatatatatatatatatat" schtick. Except that, I think it's not bad, no?

"If I Needed Someone" - that guitar riff gets dull fast.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2017, 06:14:55 AM »

Girl
I don't like the "tatatatatatatatatatatat" schtick. Except that, I think it's not bad, no?

"If I Needed Someone" - that guitar riff gets dull fast.
That part's annoying yeah, though like Michelle it's another song I never cared for overall. Don't really like the song's atmosphere, I dunno. It's hard to describe
Scaroline No
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2017, 07:42:17 AM »

I'm Looking Through You
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx