gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:26:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike LeRoy - Friends Are Benefits  (Read 1956 times)
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2017, 09:42:12 PM »

I hope he's not too embarrassed by this, but I've been listening to Mike LeRoy's (FatherOfTheMan (Vito Salutation) on here) album Friends Are Benefits and I can't really think of words to describe it. It's really beautiful (there's one). I'm sort of in love with it (sorry for embarrassing you Mike). I'm not friends with him or anything so don't take this as "Listen to my friend cause he's my friend" or something. And I know I'm probably building this up to silly proportions. But if you just open yourself up to it, it'll do something for you.

It's been a long time since I've heard new music that I responded to like I have with this. I know he's shared his music on here before, and lots of people had good things to say about it. But this is for those on here who haven't heard it (and all of his other albums), and if you have then maybe you could listen to it again and appreciate how great it is. I wish I could write more articulately, more eloquently about how it makes me feel. It just makes me happy to be alive, which is easy to take for granted.

https://mikeleroy.bandcamp.com/album/friends-are-benefits

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 10:53:10 PM »

Mike Leroy is very good at arranging and producing. It's impressive.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:45:20 PM »

Aw jeez, thanks so much. This really is my best album and it brings me back to a time in my life I really miss. It means a lot that people even listen to this, nonetheless actually love it. Really needed to hear this so, thanks so much...

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx