gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
621097 Posts in 24988 Topics by 3550 Members - Latest Member: SunshineOverClouds November 24, 2017, 09:21:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heard Another One on Sirrius XM Deep Tracks...  (Read 2384 times)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »

Mike will be on the Elvis Channel (Channel 19) tomorrow, November 2, at 1:30 Central Time. He will also do a guest DJ slot.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"Someone...handed me a Leadbelly record with the song "Cottonfields" on it. And that record changed my life right then and there. Transported me into a world I'd never known." - Bob Dylan, Nobel Prize Speech.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 04:19:33 PM »

Mike will be on the Elvis Channel (Channel 19) tomorrow, November 2, at 1:30 Central Time. He will also do a guest DJ slot.

Did anyone happen to catch that?  I forgot about it and would've only had about 10 minutes to listen anyway.  Have The Beach Boys ever spoken much about Elvis besides Brian's interactions with him in the studio in 1975?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:30:41 PM by All Summer Long » Logged
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 08:17:53 PM »

I had it on - it was being broadcast live on his FB page. However a family member arrived just then and so couldn't listen to it

Just checked - looks like the replay can be heard at least for a while on his FB page
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:22:09 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"Someone...handed me a Leadbelly record with the song "Cottonfields" on it. And that record changed my life right then and there. Transported me into a world I'd never known." - Bob Dylan, Nobel Prize Speech.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 12:24:48 PM »

I had it on - it was being broadcast live on his FB page. However a family member arrived just then and so couldn't listen to it

Just checked - looks like the replay can be heard at least for a while on his FB page

Thanks NOLA BB Fan! I'll check it out
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 11:55:19 AM »

I know that the interview segment is up on Mike's facebook, but does anyone know the Elvis songs that Mike selected as the guest DJ? I'd be interested to find out!

So, I've been listening to Petty's "Buried Treasure" show...heard Farmer's Daughter, Friends, and Surf's Up tonight.

It's nice to hear his voice.

^since then I've heard Shut Down P.2., Let Him Run Wild, Forever, Long Promised Road, Feel Flows, You Need A Mess Of Help To Stand Alone, Marcella, and Sail On Sailor.

Tom name-checked the Carl & the Passions - So Tough album both times and also encouraged record collectors to listen to the b-sides because the BBs 'always had something good' on the b-side. Just, generally, had a lot of very nice things to say about the Beach Boys, including their lesser known earlier material and the late '60s -early '70s period.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 12:05:15 PM »

Petty of course also wrote some introductory liner notes for the 2000 CD for "Holland."

It's too bad Petty didn't do more with Carl. Imagine Petty (who was co-writing great stuff for the Wilburys as well as Jeff Lynne, George Harrison, and Roy Orbison solo albums) giving Carl a song or two to put on a BB album in the late 80s/early 90s. Imagine Carl singing a song like "You Got It" or "Free Fallin" on a 1989 Beach Boys album.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 10:17:35 AM »

I know that the interview segment is up on Mike's facebook, but does anyone know the Elvis songs that Mike selected as the guest DJ? I'd be interested to find out!

I just caught a little bit of Mike on the Elvis channel. I heard him play Unleash The Love and California Girls.

Mike also did a guest DJ slot on 70s on 7 today.

It's too bad Petty didn't do more with Carl. Imagine Petty (who was co-writing great stuff for the Wilburys as well as Jeff Lynne, George Harrison, and Roy Orbison solo albums) giving Carl a song or two to put on a BB album in the late 80s/early 90s. Imagine Carl singing a song like "You Got It" or "Free Fallin" on a 1989 Beach Boys album.

I totally agree. 'You Got It' is the perfect example. It's not hard at all to imagine Carl singing it (or a similar song). The timing would have been perfect.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 02:04:39 PM »

A BBs sirius channel would be amazing! You could have BBs, solo BBs, Jan & Dean, hell, even some of McCartney's Beatles songs that were influenced by the BBs.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 05:59:56 PM »

A BBs sirius channel would be amazing! You could have BBs, solo BBs, Jan & Dean, hell, even some of McCartney's Beatles songs that were influenced by the BBs.

And always hear Mike's story about Back in the U.S.S.R.  Grin
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Today at 04:17:49 PM »

Heard "Little Saint Nick" for the first of many times to come this season today...of course!
Marcella Wilson Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Today at 04:45:23 PM »

The other day in a electronics store in New Zealand I was amazed to hear Steamboat, I actually freaked out a bit
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx