-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:59:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  This Board
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This Board  (Read 49608 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2016, 08:48:51 PM »

That Sandbox thread is in no danger of getting canned

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2016, 09:03:32 PM »

I never understood the politics of all that and I still don't. I didn't mean to start that thread to initiate what it turned out to be. I just meant to steer the commentary from every other thread, which was where it had been. As I said, I'm sorry I did it, but it was not with ill intent.

The people complaining the loudest were and are the politics of much of the issues that had this board in a mess for some time before it all left for greener pastures, voluntarily or because they were banned for breaking the rules here. As far as reasons why they did certain things, the behaviors from those various people on display here and elsewhere, the lying and attempts at slander, combined with a host of other actions and behaviors should at least give an idea what was and is still behind it.

When some people don't get their way, when some people can't change a situation or win an argument against simple facts, they resort to personal attacks and lies because there is nothing logical left to throw into the disagreement. That's the result of the politics behind a lot of it. Glad it's moved out of here.
That's as may be, but I think you think I know more about Beach Boy politics than I do. You talk about history, other forums, social media...
This is the only Beach Boy forum I participate in. I don't know the history of beach boy fandom particularly and I have made very few connections with any beach boy fans outside of this forum. I find many of your comments cryptic and honestly don't understand the clues you give in them. I don't know why all that happened beyond the obvious pro/anti Mike Love factions. I don't know when or why some people started having issues with you. I saw that it was spilling all over the forum. People kept asking it to be moved out of the topical threads but it persisted, so I started a sandbox thread for it. I tried to talk with you about perhaps ways to settle things down. That didn't work. I tried to talk to some of them about settling down. That didn't work. I have no idea why anyone here cares so much about what other people here are saying - whether they Mike Love or not, whether they talk about politics or not, whether they should only say nice things about band members. I find the fan community to be really weird. But I found a few people I really enjoy talking to. And I'm happy in that one little thread doing that talking, for the most part. So some other people in some other thread offended Desper and got in some thing with the professor and now the perfectly innocent thread that I enjoy, in which none of those people are involved is threatened because rab is annoyed by it and is creating a bogus irrational link? Wth is that? And what does it have to do with that earlier stuff?

I'm not being cryptic at all. It's all on display for everyone to see. Some of the people who you are friends with were lied about, had personal attacks come their way, and had various attempts at slander and worse thrown their way too. Some you might be totally ambivalent about who are members of this group had that happen too, personal attacks, threats, etc. You know some of the people behind it because the posts still exist here and elsewhere, with all the names intact as well as the behavior. It's your call how to deal with them if you have any contact with them now or in the future, but I'd think your standards would suggest a less than positive view of people who attack your friends, threaten other posters over content posted on a message board, and who drag people's wives and children into the muck. And yet, the people being attacked are the ones called "toxic" along with this board.

That is yet again the result of some of the politics behind all of it. It's all there on display and has been for some time.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »

I never understood the politics of all that and I still don't. I didn't mean to start that thread to initiate what it turned out to be. I just meant to steer the commentary from every other thread, which was where it had been. As I said, I'm sorry I did it, but it was not with ill intent.

The people complaining the loudest were and are the politics of much of the issues that had this board in a mess for some time before it all left for greener pastures, voluntarily or because they were banned for breaking the rules here. As far as reasons why they did certain things, the behaviors from those various people on display here and elsewhere, the lying and attempts at slander, combined with a host of other actions and behaviors should at least give an idea what was and is still behind it.

When some people don't get their way, when some people can't change a situation or win an argument against simple facts, they resort to personal attacks and lies because there is nothing logical left to throw into the disagreement. That's the result of the politics behind a lot of it. Glad it's moved out of here.
That's as may be, but I think you think I know more about Beach Boy politics than I do. You talk about history, other forums, social media...
This is the only Beach Boy forum I participate in. I don't know the history of beach boy fandom particularly and I have made very few connections with any beach boy fans outside of this forum. I find many of your comments cryptic and honestly don't understand the clues you give in them. I don't know why all that happened beyond the obvious pro/anti Mike Love factions. I don't know when or why some people started having issues with you. I saw that it was spilling all over the forum. People kept asking it to be moved out of the topical threads but it persisted, so I started a sandbox thread for it. I tried to talk with you about perhaps ways to settle things down. That didn't work. I tried to talk to some of them about settling down. That didn't work. I have no idea why anyone here cares so much about what other people here are saying - whether they Mike Love or not, whether they talk about politics or not, whether they should only say nice things about band members. I find the fan community to be really weird. But I found a few people I really enjoy talking to. And I'm happy in that one little thread doing that talking, for the most part. So some other people in some other thread offended Desper and got in some thing with the professor and now the perfectly innocent thread that I enjoy, in which none of those people are involved is threatened because rab is annoyed by it and is creating a bogus irrational link? Wth is that? And what does it have to do with that earlier stuff?

I'm not being cryptic at all. It's all on display for everyone to see. Some of the people who you are friends with were lied about, had personal attacks come their way, and had various attempts at slander and worse thrown their way too. Some you might be totally ambivalent about who are members of this group had that happen too, personal attacks, threats, etc. You know some of the people behind it because the posts still exist here and elsewhere, with all the names intact as well as the behavior. It's your call how to deal with them if you have any contact with them now or in the future, but I'd think your standards would suggest a less than positive view of people who attack your friends, threaten other posters over content posted on a message board, and who drag people's wives and children into the muck. And yet, the people being attacked are the ones called "toxic" along with this board.

That is yet again the result of some of the politics behind all of it. It's all there on display and has been for some time.

See - here's where it's cryptic: this is full of "some people"s. I don't know who you're talking about in any of the some peoples to which you refer. It's a guessing game. And I guess I'm not good at it. And this is not a criticism of your intention, just your communication. I honestly often do not understand what you're saying. Which is pretty much what I said in that old thread. And I also don't understand the topicality.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:18:05 PM by Emily » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2016, 09:18:44 PM »

I can't help you there, if you don't want to see it you'll never see it. But start with the loudest complainers against "the mods" when you started that thread and those who attacked Billy and I among others you know, note the similarities, and that's a pretty good place to start.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2016, 09:20:55 PM »

I can't help you there, if you don't want to see it you'll never see it. But start with the loudest complainers against "the mods" when you started that thread and those who attacked Billy and I among others you know, note the similarities, and that's a pretty good place to start.
OK. So I have a better guess of to whom you are referring. But I still don't know to what you're referring. It's a pretty good place to start what? And how does it relate to me talking about Voldermort in the sandbox?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:23:21 PM by Emily » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2016, 09:24:15 PM »

I mean, if you have a point to make, make it. Don't make me guess what it is.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2016, 09:25:33 PM »

OK. So I have a better guess of to whom you are referring. But I still don't know to what you're referring. It's a pretty good place to start what? And how does it relate to me talking about Voldermort in the sandbox?

The lying sack of sh*t Andrew Doe was one of them, him and his fake ass.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2016, 09:26:48 PM »

Start here if it's proving too difficult to remember: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23685.650.html

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2016, 09:26:55 PM »

Others include dr. beachboy and Autotune, just to name two of them.

Not real sure with what this has to do with the political stuff, but at this point I'm as lost as a hot dog on a corn dog stick. :/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:29:25 PM by ♩♬☮ Dude Where's My Frog?! ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2016, 09:27:29 PM »

The lying sack of sh*t Andrew Doe was one of them, him and his fake ass.
But why is that topical? How does that tie in to this?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2016, 09:29:25 PM »

In return, don't play me or anyone else for a fool with that routine. If you read this board over the past year, you wouldn't need to guess anything because you were posting in some of the threads where all of this crap went down, and know exactly who was involved.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2016, 09:30:14 PM »

I don't know. I was just mentioning 3 of the names of the element that is no longer stinking up the board with their...um...stink.

I'd almost rather talk about Voldermort. At least President Cheetoh didn't pose as my friend and slander me and others the whole time. :/

And yeah, I'm lost as to what this has to do with the Orange Goblin or the political discussions.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:33:18 PM by ♩♬☮ Dude Where's My Frog?! ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2016, 09:37:22 PM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23872.0.html

Direct link to the moderator complaint thread, all 27 pages of it or whatever: Note the names of the louder "complainers" and compare that list to where some of them are or ended up since that thread, not to mention the things they said, Emily, about people you may consider friends.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2016, 09:45:32 PM »

Edited to add after I saw the latest post: what's the pertinence?

In return, don't play me or anyone else for a fool with that routine. If you read this board over the past year, you wouldn't need to guess anything because you were posting in some of the threads where all of this crap went down, and know exactly who was involved.
Good grief. This is ridiculous. I didn't understand all the "some people" "that's a good place to start" posts then and I don't now. It seems there's an implication that there's some big picture that I'm supposed to be seeing but all I see is a bunch of people squabbling about nonsense and petty grievances. If you were clear about what "crap" you're talking about perhaps I'd more quickly guess who you're talking about. Because you didn't identify the crap but just listed a bunch of some peoples did something to some other peoples and in a discussion about rab being annoyed by political posting, I was trying to think of some peoples who had done some things in relation to that topic. But you're talking about that old topic and there's no tie. Believe it or not, some people don't play some people games and kind of tune it out when others do. So, no, I don't follow those posts well and I don't invest time in understanding the big picture of Beach Boys fan squabbles.
Good night.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2016, 09:46:27 PM »

Just to make sure I'm following... Andy Doe and his merry band of mindless worshippers caused a toxic environment that made these political discussions (like President Mephisto) a lot more hostile that they should have been? I admit I'm a bit distracted...I just got yelled at by a customer but I'm not sure how we got on to one subject (supposed board politics) that makes ill from a different subject that makes me ill (actual political politics).  

I haven't had a drink in over 2 years but for the first time since then I almost need one.

Almost.

Edit

Oh...I get it...many of them are supporters of the Orange Goblin and/or are just as bigoted. Ok, I think that makes some sense now.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:52:17 PM by ♩♬☮ Dude Where's My Frog?! ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2016, 09:53:02 PM »

I haven't had a drink in over 2 years but for the first time since then I almost need one.
Very impressive. Thumbs up!
Better don't.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2016, 11:24:17 PM »

Thank you.

I think I'm good.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2016, 12:05:36 AM »

Damn, all I was trying to do was suggest a way that I thought the board could improve. I didn't think it would turn into such a big thing.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2016, 12:37:13 AM »

Meh...it happens

thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2016, 03:29:34 AM »

Ahah Billy, Gen. Woundwort sees what you did. Brilliant!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:30:00 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2016, 04:10:50 AM »

Damn, all I was trying to do was suggest a way that I thought the board could improve. I didn't think it would turn into such a big thing.
Ringo, this is nothing. You should have seen what happened when, in the Blueboard, Craig (GuitarFool) asked members for ideas about improving the board and I was foolish enough to suggest a restructuring where the "Battle of the Bands" would be in the Off-topic section, albeit immediately accessible all the same. Though I immediately posted a correction where the BotB was restored to "first-class" state, I was "scolded*" in such a way that I took a temporary leave from the board. I guess someone there will never forgive me.

So, by my experience you are walking on eggs whenever you suggest changes to a board. People tend to get quite passionate about such matters.

* Not by Craig, of course. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:22:36 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2016, 05:14:25 AM »

I'm gonna do a song called Frigid Intellectual Housecat. LOL

Look forward to that. Grin

Perhaps you can get Marianne to rap on it. About cat.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
KDS
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2016, 05:37:17 AM »

Just curious, is this not calling the President Elect by his name thing just to try to lighten things up, or will this be permanent?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:37:50 AM by KDS » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2016, 07:08:26 AM »

I agreed with your comments and suggestions, they were what I have been thinking too.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2016, 07:09:42 AM »

I'm gonna do a song called Frigid Intellectual Housecat. LOL

Look forward to that. Grin

Perhaps you can get Marianne to rap on it. About cat.
Ha! For smb. who can't sing good - cue Mo Tucker in "After hours" - rap would be fitting, yes. Tongue

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: