-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:36:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  NBA 2017 Topic
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NBA 2017 Topic  (Read 172975 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 06, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »

Basketball for the purists by the purists!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 06, 2017, 07:34:40 AM »

And sadly the industry would contract. Many (most?) people who attend are interested in being part of some big crowd/spectacle. Not watching a game in a quiet, empty gym.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2017, 05:24:02 AM »

Poor Bogut.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2017, 05:31:20 AM »

52 second Cavs career..... Undecided

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 10, 2017, 08:21:12 PM »

TWolves!!!

Really looking forward to the Spurs - Warriors game tmw night.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 10, 2017, 08:26:45 PM »

Just in time for a meaningless run that will result in the 15th pick...but still a nice win!

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 10, 2017, 08:33:01 PM »

Ahh, just read Kerr is sitting their best players and Kawhi will be out with a concussion. So much for a great game. Spurs should only be a half game out, with the tiebreaker, after tmw's game tho. Didnt expect that when the season started. Cavs havent been great lately either.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 11, 2017, 11:59:42 AM »

And Aldridge is out with a heart issue.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2017, 05:34:46 PM »

Rubio smacking around Wash. 6 pts, 2 reb, 10 assists in Q1.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 14, 2017, 08:54:22 AM »

Its a Rubio thang... Cool

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 14, 2017, 09:03:41 AM »

He was spectacular. KAT, when he wasn't whining about no-calls, was pretty great, too.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 16, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »

LaVine is out for the year, as we know. Bjelica--playing really well lately--is on crutches after last night's loss. And Lance Stephenson, just back from his previous foot injury, is reinjured.

With about 15 games to go, I'm on the fence whether I'd prefer to see them keep charging ahead, knowing the playoffs are a tiny, tiny chance ahead, or just semi-mail it in, play the deep bench more, lose some games, and go from the 9th pick (where we are now) to the 6th or so. Let New Orleans and Sacramento and other trash teams fight for worse picks in a good draft. I don't know what's best.

But I know this: anyone who starts praising Rubio now can f*** off. He was always great!

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 16, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »

Wade has cashed out on caring for the Bulls....

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 16, 2017, 03:54:08 PM »

Saw that. That team has quickly devolved from confusing and mediocre to a full-on train wreck. Guys start one night, are inactive the next. Everyone is bitching to the media. What a joke! But Wade ... can he get more than the $23m they owe him next year on the open market? Does he care?

Just now read that Bjelica is officially out for the year. I think if I were the Wolves, I'd limit KAT, Rubio, and Wig to about 30 mpg and just play Tyus, Baz, Gorgui, Rush, Aldrich, Dunn, etc., and let happen whatever happens. (Which would be losing.) Maybe sign a D-League wing and give him some run. Adrian Payne, hello!

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 16, 2017, 04:12:26 PM »

Cap, you got a M1 Abrams tank from Trump's new budget..

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 16, 2017, 04:17:35 PM »

Man, don't bring me down. Make America great again by cutting all domestic spending and doubling down on unnecessary foreign militarism. His budget won't pass either house of Congress because both parties already despise it. PLEASE JUST TALK ABOUT BASKETBALL!

Here's something: let's focus on Luka Doncic, the 18-year-old Slovenian wing who seems inevitably to be a high pick whenever he comes over! For Real Madrid last year--a great, great, Euroleague and ACB team--averaged 14.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg and 4.1 apg, shooting 52% on 2pt%, 43% on 3s, and 85% FTs. He's about 6-8. He. Will. Be. Great.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 16, 2017, 04:21:27 PM »

Sorry Cap!  LOL I am excited for the playoffs with both Golden State and the Cavs banged up. Time for a new team to rise?

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 16, 2017, 04:24:07 PM »

You know, while all season I figured it was those two, Houston, San Antonio, Washington, Boston, even Toronto...could be fun.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 16, 2017, 04:25:49 PM »

Boston should have gone all out for Butler and the championship. Oh well, maybe Gordon Heyward in the offseason.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 16, 2017, 04:28:09 PM »

Totally agree. Chicago is a mess: strike when the opportunity presents itself. It still may be possible, but will the opportunity be as good next year as this (when KD is either out or not at full strength)?

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 16, 2017, 04:29:29 PM »

btw, not NBA, but last weekend I went to a HS game and saw Jericho Sims, a really talented 6-9 kid headed to Texas next year. Wow... So talented. Really athletic, super-soft touch. I'd like to see him working harder on defense, rebounding, getting position, etc., but that's to be expected when you're in 1a (the smallest class) and just dominant. He had something like 36 and 14 and I felt he really, really underachieved.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 16, 2017, 04:30:27 PM »

Exactly, the celtics had all the chips to win for this season. Meanwhile, you facing your resume to the Bulls (I want comped tickets dammit)

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 16, 2017, 04:32:27 PM »

Levar Ball this guy!

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 16, 2017, 04:37:10 PM »

Actually his dad was a Gopher back in the 70s. One of his older brothers played at U of Northern Iowa in the 90s (was a senior my freshman year there, before I transferred to U of MN), and another brother played football at U of MN. (Crazy time span of brothers.) So it's quite the athletic family.

By the way, by way of a disclaimer, I started drinking during the Gopher game today, which ended up a loss to Middle Tennessee State. So suffice to say, I am fucking hammered atm. Please forgive in advance whatever else I say.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:39:16 PM by the captain » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 16, 2017, 04:43:07 PM »

It's all good! Grin watching VCU right now.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: