-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Beach Boys playing for Trump
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys playing for Trump  (Read 43161 times)
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2016, 04:26:19 PM »

Then why did you ask me to do fact checking on the dates?
Did I?  It was a general statement and absolutely not directed towards you.  The fact checking had to do with whether the Touring Band was even free to do that date.  I scrollled down a couple of websites, missed the 20th (I think) and it did not look as though the band was even free that day.  That was my error but I did not see anyone even check their schedule to see if they were even free or really check that it was a 3rd party who set up the dates at the Democratic National Convention, at the Republican National Convention. 
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2016, 05:10:23 PM »

FYI everybody, I wouldn't put too much into anything that filledeplage says. She's a birther who doesn't have the guts to admit the current President of the United States is a natural born citizen.

What does that mean?  Of course if his mother was a citizen, he would be one.  

Hillary Clinton raised that issue in 2008, and was not raised by me.

You are a liar. Hillary did not raise that issue in 2008. Some of her "supporters" did, but not her.

In fact, it is your candidate, Mr. Donald J. Trump who has pushed that President Barack Hussein Obama is not a natural born citizen, is not a Christian and only got through college due to some type of Affirmative Action, as Trump believes his grades were not good.

Also, you always seem to talk about "vets" and Donald. Can you tell me why Mr. Trump accused United States troops of stealing millions of dollars in Iraq. Can you imagine if Hillary did that? And we can just add that on top of the fact that he only likes the ones who "weren't captured" while showing up and hanging out with Mike Love at a POW/MIA thing. But you'll excuse it as him being a political neophyte, because to you, unless someone has run for office how can we expect them to be a decent person and not mock those who have been captured serving our country?

SDJ - I guess wiki is a liar.  There is plenty online.  Hillary had to walk her comments back.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

We are here to discuss, even spiritedly and not to insult or be confrontational.  I hope the mods are noting your confrontational approach to other posters as well.  

1) Anybody can edit wikipedia,which is why it's not 100% reliable as a source

2) One of the things we mods are notating is that you *still* have not answered my question (asked twice now) above.

Still waiting.

Explain why you posted this
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,24118.msg583083.html#msg583083
in response to me.

If I see any  further posts in this topic from you  without a response to this, I will assume you were trolling me, and I will deal with it accordingly.

If we could only harness the power/energy from the amount of head shaking that FDP's question-dodging +trolling induces among board members... we could light up Times Square for weeks. Maybe Mike can write a pro-environmentalist song about how the world needs more posts by FDP to create more head shaking, thus cutting down on energy consumption... heck, the solar panel business might be challenged by this phenomenon.

Trolls who dodge questions continually - and won't even have the decency to own up to it - should be banned.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:10:59 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2016, 05:33:35 PM »

So, the first 2+ pages are about an erroneous report of the Beach Boys playing for Trump. The next 2+ pages essentially are the strawman argument that Mike would go as far as playing for the Klan. Seriously?   Roll Eyes

And, again, no apologies or acknowledgment of jumping to conclusions before all the information was available or even reading the original report correctly. Some of you need to take a breath.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2016, 05:36:14 PM »

The article has very little information. "Musical acts booked by third-party groups include the Beach Boys, Journey, Bret Michaels, Rick Springfield, Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride and The Band Perry." There are often many corporate-type parties surrounding these National Conventions. I guess we will have to wait and see if they are a part of it in an official capacity.

The Beach Boys will be in Toledo on July 21 and have an open date on July 20...

Just pointing out this was the second reply to this thread. Completely ignored. Now we are talking about Mike Love playing gigs for David Duke???
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2016, 05:43:04 PM »

FYI everybody, I wouldn't put too much into anything that filledeplage says. She's a birther who doesn't have the guts to admit the current President of the United States is a natural born citizen.

What does that mean?  Of course if his mother was a citizen, he would be one. 

You are a liar. Hillary did not raise that issue in 2008. Some of her "supporters" did, but not her.

In fact, it is your candidate, Mr. Donald J. Trump who has pushed that President Barack Hussein Obama is not a natural born citizen, is not a Christian and only got through college due to some type of Affirmative Action, as Trump believes his grades were not good.

Also, you always seem to talk about "vets" and Donald. Can you tell me why Mr. Trump accused United States troops of stealing millions of dollars in Iraq. Can you imagine if Hillary did that? And we can just add that on top of the fact that he only likes the ones who "weren't captured" while showing up and hanging out with Mike Love at a POW/MIA thing. But you'll excuse it as him being a political neophyte, because to you, unless someone has run for office how can we expect them to be a decent person and not mock those who have been captured serving our country?

SDJ - I guess wiki is a liar.  There is plenty online.  Hillary had to walk her comments back. 

We are here to discuss, even spiritedly and not to insult or be confrontational.  I hope the mods are noting your confrontational approach to other posters as well. 

2) One of the things we mods are notating is that you *still* have not answered my question (asked twice now) above.

Still waiting.

in response to me.

If I see any  further posts in this topic from you  without a response to this, I will assume you were trolling me, and I will deal with it accordingly.

If we could only harness the power/energy from the amount of head shaking that FDP's question-dodging +trolling induces among board members... we could light up Times Square for weeks. Maybe Mike can write a pro-environmentalist song about how the world needs more posts by FDP to create more head shaking, thus cutting down on energy consumption... heck, the solar panel business might be challenged by this phenomenon.

Trolls who dodge questions continually - and won't even have the decency to own up to it - should be banned.

She clarified it with me privately, and here as well. My part of it is taken care of.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2016, 06:22:55 PM »

The article has very little information. "Musical acts booked by third-party groups include the Beach Boys, Journey, Bret Michaels, Rick Springfield, Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride and The Band Perry." There are often many corporate-type parties surrounding these National Conventions. I guess we will have to wait and see if they are a part of it in an official capacity.

Just pointing out this was the second reply to this thread. Completely ignored. Now we are talking about Mike Love playing gigs for David Duke???

It's a discussion of the concept of playing with someone unquestionably controversial, and about how there needs to be *some* line drawn. I understand people have different concepts of where that line is drawn (and regarding which candidate would be deemed unacceptable to have association with the brand), but my ONLY point is that there cannot be *no* line. I'm not trying to convince anyone about who crosses that line... Only that the concept of *a* line cannot simply be ignored.

It's preposterous to think that absolutely anyone, including the creep Duke, would be ok for the band to be associated with. That's the only point I'm making. Why this is a difficult concept for one poster to admit is valid is baffling to me.

And to reiterate - I am not comparing Trump to Duke, nor would I think Duke in a million years would ask The BBs to play a rally - nor would the band accept.

Please direct criticism towards trolls who duck questions. There is truly no debate about the validity of my point.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 06:29:14 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »

If only as much energy could be put into reading your posts as is put into bullying, insulting, hypothetical trolling, and talking down to FdP.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2016, 07:31:43 PM »

Bullying? All I'm seeing is arguing back and forth (which is typical of these hideous political threads)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2016, 07:36:50 PM »

Bullying? All I'm seeing is arguing back and forth (which is typical of these hideous political threads)

Yes, bullying.

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2016, 08:03:41 PM »

Yes, bullying.

From whom?

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2016, 09:00:03 PM »

I re-read the entire thread (as much as it nauseated me to do so) ...I see nobody bullying filledplage.

Tab Lloyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2016, 11:19:40 PM »

I know this is slightly off topic, but what does the name 'filledplage' refer to? I know I'm a bit slow out of the gate, but I feel like I'm missing something here. Thanks.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2016, 12:03:49 AM »

I know this is slightly off topic, but what does the name 'filledplage' refer to? I know I'm a bit slow out of the gate, but I feel like I'm missing something here. Thanks.

I actually always thought it was "filledPAGE" as her posts tend to be very long (which is fine), just realised recently it was PLAGE. Plage is beach in french so?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:05:44 AM by My Brother Woody » Logged

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2016, 01:25:36 AM »

Stands for Beach Girl, you dumb fucks.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2016, 01:28:18 AM »

What does that mean?  Of course if his mother was a citizen, he would be one.  

SDJ - I guess wiki is a liar.  There is plenty online.  Hillary had to walk her comments back.  

We are here to discuss, even spiritedly and not to insult or be confrontational.  I hope the mods are noting your confrontational approach to other posters as well.  

Still waiting.

in response to me.

If I see any  further posts in this topic from you  without a response to this, I will assume you were trolling me, and I will deal with it accordingly.

Some may find this post to be a aggressive/bullying, Billy, just a-sayin.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Tab Lloyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2016, 02:06:18 AM »

Ouch! I feel badly bullied...I've never been called a dumb f*** before LOL. Moderators help! Actually I was reading the name same as brother woody until I squinted a few times...nope, not filled da page as my mind was telling me. I just don't see her as a beach girl, but then I should open my mind.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2016, 02:17:56 AM »

Ouch! I feel badly bullied...I've never been called a dumb f*** before LOL. Moderators help! Actually I was reading the name same as brother woody until I squinted a few times...nope, not filled da page as my mind was telling me. I just don't see her as a beach girl, but then I should open my mind.

Grin You've just been SmileySmiled! Make innocuous comment...sit back and wait for the backlash  Shocked

Tab Lloyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2016, 03:24:40 AM »

What's a redneck to do? I used to wonder why soup du jour never tasted the same at our little bistro...
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2016, 03:32:11 AM »

I re-read the entire thread (as much as it nauseated me to do so) ...I see nobody bullying filledplage.

Interesting...............................well no one got pushed down in the school yard anyway.

Now, back to how wrong posters are about the topic.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2016, 04:46:35 AM »

It's a discussion of the concept of playing with someone unquestionably controversial, and about how there needs to be *some* line drawn. I understand people have different concepts of where that line is drawn (and regarding which candidate would be deemed unacceptable to have association with the brand), but my ONLY point is that there cannot be *no* line. I'm not trying to convince anyone about who crosses that line... Only that the concept of *a* line cannot simply be ignored.

It's preposterous to think that absolutely anyone, including the creep Duke, would be ok for the band to be associated with. That's the only point I'm making. Why this is a difficult concept for one poster to admit is valid is baffling to me.

And to reiterate - I am not comparing Trump to Duke, nor would I think Duke in a million years would ask The BBs to play a rally - nor would the band accept.

Please direct criticism towards trolls who duck questions. There is truly no debate about the validity of my point.

Some of us see the trolling as the relentless fishing for predetermined answers by trailing a baited line of rigged hypothetical questions along behind a boat of failed premise.  Maybe it's just me.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2016, 05:14:55 AM »

You made my day!  LOL

Happy Fourth Weekend!  Beer

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2016, 08:35:52 AM »

Some of us see the trolling as the relentless fishing for predetermined answers by trailing a baited line of rigged hypothetical questions along behind a boat of failed premise.  Maybe it's just me.

It's just you.  But seeing as you are the only other poster on this board who consistently seems to think it's acceptable to duck questions, I'm not surprised you feel the way you do. But because (probably foolishly) I *want* to believe it could be different this time, I will pose the same question to you…   There cannot be *no* line ever,  under any circumstances whatsoever, right?

It's an honest question. I will not drag Trump into it, I am not even trying to debate Trump whatsoever at this point... Just trying to say that my concept holds water.  We all know that there could be a person horrible enough - someone far worse than Trump on a bad day - that even you would say there should be no association with the band, right?  Level with me, man. Obviously everyone knows this concept to be true, right?  This isn't a "rigged"  question anymore then asking you if the sky is blue.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 08:49:17 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2016, 08:48:30 AM »

I often answer your questions but then the bait is switched in an attempt to get your desired answer.  

By all means keep trolling your hypothetical KKK bait which is of no consequence as it is off-topic and the on-topic premise is already discredited and dead in the water but don't pretend it or answering it or not says anything about those who don't bite.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 08:49:10 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2016, 08:56:23 AM »

I often answer your questions but then the bait is switched in an attempt to get your desired answer.  

By all means keep trolling your hypothetical KKK bait which is of no consequence as it is off-topic and the on-topic premise is already discredited and dead in the water but don't pretend it or answering it or not says anything about those who don't bite.

Is it really that hard to admit that there's a valid point in this? Do you feel belittled to admit that or something? I just am so baffled.

The reason I am driving home the point is because frankly, the concept that candidates exist on this planet that can cross the line for many people simply isn't a ridiculous notion, even if we might disagree on who would constitute such a candidate.  There is and will be no bait-switching in what I am saying.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2016, 09:06:05 AM »

Excuse me?!

7 days for that. Not playing around today.

And see? I'm the only mod signed in. I did this. Saying this before some of the usual suspects start bitching about Craig. I did this. Hice esto. Je l’ai fait. Ik deed dit. Ho fatto questo. Ich tat dies.It was me Austin, it was me all along. Running out of ways to say it, so hopefully this is clear.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:08:45 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: