gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:55:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome thread  (Read 251716 times)
ClassicShowsFan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2018, 02:47:39 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm a fan of the early years of the group, but do like some of the later stuff as well.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »

Welcome to the board!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ClassicShowsFan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2018, 03:33:47 PM »

Welcome to the board!

Thank you!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 05, 2018, 04:49:11 AM »

Welcome to Smiley Smlle, CSF. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
ClassicShowsFan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 05, 2018, 05:03:02 AM »

Thank you JK. Smiley

Aren't you over on the Pet Sounds forum as well?
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 05, 2018, 05:32:07 AM »

Thank you JK. Smiley

Yep, that's me (in lower case).

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

Gen X'er "Living in the Past"

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 05, 2018, 04:29:43 PM »

Hi, I'm new here. Came to enjoy and maybe occasionally post. It's hard to find folks in person who share my interest in the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson, especially being a 30-something female in Northern Appalachia, so I'm grateful a board like this exists.

I grew up listening my parents' copy of Endless Summer on 8-Track, and within the last year rekindled my love for the music of the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson. I'm still discovering their vast catalogues, but I'm loving every stage of their musical journey, with Pet Sounds being my favorite album, but Love You as my second. Just attended Brian's Christmas Show a few nights ago and it was like a dream come true for me!

"Star bright, star light,
Make this wish come true tonight..."
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: December 05, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »

Awesome! We’re not that far apart in age ( I turned 40 back in August)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
thelonelysea
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 05, 2018, 04:45:32 PM »

Hi, I'm new here. Came to enjoy and maybe occasionally post. It's hard to find folks in person who share my interest in the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson, especially being a 30-something female in Northern Appalachia, so I'm grateful a board like this exists.

I grew up listening my parents' copy of Endless Summer on 8-Track, and within the last year rekindled my love for the music of the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson. I'm still discovering their vast catalogues, but I'm loving every stage of their musical journey, with Pet Sounds being my favorite album, but Love You as my second. Just attended Brian's Christmas Show a few nights ago and it was like a dream come true for me!

Are you me? Grin I just started getting into them, too, mostly just haven't listened to a lot of "Friends" onward, but I seem to love every kind of music they put out. I'm in southern Appalachia and late 20s. Smiley

Haven't introduced myself on this thread yet. I got into The Beach Boys after playing Bioshock Infinite, of all things, which includes an amazing barbershop cover of "God Only Knows." I tracked down the original and couldn't believe it was The Beach Boys! I already liked their surf music but just didn't know that they had so many great, lyrical stuff, too. I listened to "Pet Sounds" off and on for a while and then recently watched the "Making of Pet Sounds" documentary which got me down the whole rabbit hole. Been listening to them non-stop for months! Got to see Brian in November! Died! Resurrected! My family thinks I'm possessed!

Good to be here.
beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 05, 2018, 05:02:53 PM »

Thank you, Billy C and thelonelysea for welcoming me! I am so heartened to know I am not the only person born in the last 4 decades who loves the BBs and BW.  Because usually when asked about who my favorite music artist is, and I say "Brian Wilson," I get a puzzled look and the words, "Brian who?" I even have some younger coworkers who have never heard of the Beach Boys.

beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 05, 2018, 05:13:13 PM »

Been listening to them non-stop for months! Got to see Brian in November! Died! Resurrected! My family thinks I'm possessed!

LOL That has been my experience as well! Bless my husband for putting up with my buying tons of CDs and mp3s, watching every documentary, Love & Mercy, Making of Pet Sounds clips, watching the 25th Anniversary Hawaii show and my BBs book buying spree (Even found a copy of David Leaf's bio!)

Nice to meet you!

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 06, 2018, 02:16:53 AM »

Great to see my topic being put to such good use (although since when was 30-something not far apart from 40? LOL ).

Welcome, thelonelysea and beachcat! Smiley 

ClassicShowsFan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 06, 2018, 11:27:00 AM »

Thank you JK. Smiley

Yep, that's me (in lower case).

I had a good feeling that it was you.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: December 06, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »

Thank you, Billy C and thelonelysea for welcoming me! I am so heartened to know I am not the only person born in the last 4 decades who loves the BBs and BW.  Because usually when asked about who my favorite music artist is, and I say "Brian Wilson," I get a puzzled look and the words, "Brian who?" I even have some younger coworkers who have never heard of the Beach Boys.

I know what you mean. I became a fan in 1995 and this was right around the brief period where The Beach Boys became popular amongst the alt rock crowd. But now it makes me laugh that up until Love and Mercy if I’d mention Brian Wilson the others in my age group they’d think I was talking about the pitcher!

My wife is a year younger than me, and our daughter is a huge fan as well (Brian, Billy Joel, and Scott Weiland are her musical iShe’s 11 now but was 8 when we saw Brian live the last time and she ended up meeting and chatting with the band post show. It’s what made her decide to want to have a music career..she began writing music shortly thereafter. She’ll be releasing her first single the early part of next year...thanks Brian!

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 06, 2018, 01:19:56 PM »

My wife is a year younger than me, and our daughter is a huge fan as well (Brian, Billy Joel, and Scott Weiland are her musical iShe’s 11 now but was 8 when we saw Brian live the last time and she ended up meeting and chatting with the band post show. It’s what made her decide to want to have a music career..she began writing music shortly thereafter. She’ll be releasing her first single the early part of next year...thanks Brian!

Wow, that's great news, Billy. Looking forward to hearing it. Smiley

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 07, 2018, 05:45:37 AM »

Great to see Freddie French-Pounce around again. It's been a while.  Cool 

ClassicShowsFan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 07, 2018, 12:12:17 PM »

I know what you mean. I became a fan in 1995 and this was right around the brief period where The Beach Boys became popular amongst the alt rock crowd. But now it makes me laugh that up until Love and Mercy if I’d mention Brian Wilson the others in my age group they’d think I was talking about the pitcher!

Did she write the song herself? Does she play any instruments at all?
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 13, 2018, 12:34:34 PM »

Welcome!

I'm a 30-something female in Cordoba, Argentina, a city where the only BB songs ever played on the radio are Kokomo and I Get Around. I'm also grateful for this and other boards.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: December 13, 2018, 01:31:50 PM »

Did she write the song herself? Does she play any instruments at all?

She wrote about 95% of the song by herself. Although she plays keyboard, flute, and is learning drums, we mainly do electronic music using software (although we make our own samples and loops..absolutely no premade stuff)I’m teaching her the production and mixing side of it.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 25, 2018, 02:47:27 AM »

Merry Christmas, folks, and a Happy, Healthy New Year! 

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: December 25, 2018, 09:23:39 AM »

Merry Christmas to everyone as well!!!

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 27, 2018, 05:53:31 AM »

beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 27, 2018, 05:41:23 PM »

Welcome!

I'm a 30-something female in Cordoba, Argentina, a city where the only BB songs ever played on the radio are Kokomo and I Get Around. I'm also grateful for this and other boards.

Hi, Silken! Another 30-something female BB fan! Awesome. I'm sorry I didn't see your welcome till now. Hope you are having a nice holiday season!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: December 28, 2018, 09:14:50 PM »

I'm married to a 39 year old female BB fan Smiley

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: December 31, 2018, 07:17:59 PM »

Happy New Year's everybody!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx