-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297890 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: September 20, 2016, 09:14:24 PM »

As I said over there, I don't think the dust can settle as long as this thread exists.  All it's doing at this point is fanning the flames.  

It's a two-way street. I'm getting reports almost daily that people on the other board are taking shots at me, at Billy, and at this board in general. I don't have a membership there and never posted there - never will. Billy doesn't have a membership there, he doesn't post there. When word comes in that we're being bashed over there, it's usually the same group of disgruntled banned members who have an axe to grind here. Consider the sources. Some are openly exposed as liars. Consider the sources. Cinc Kid, look at what Billy posted recently about sources and gossip. Is that enough to cast at least some doubt on the word of some of the most vocal members bashing us? Impeccable sources my ass, to be blunt about it.

Now we can add a new term to the lexicon. We had "disgruntled band members", now add "disgruntled banned members". If people do go there to talk music, part of me does feel bad for them because there is a group of the same dozen or so disgruntled banned members now camped out there who can't stop throwing insults and lies.

If you believe what they're saying, that's your call man. But consider the sources and the history. History that goes back over a decade in a few cases.

I can say with certainty that the vast majority of what is being said is in reaction to what is being posted on this thread about members there.    All but maybe one or two members want to move on at this point.  Their opinions aren't going to change.  I don't get why some people here are so hung up on what those banned members say.   When you have members here who post over there under pseudonyms, such as bambupoops , just for the purpose of trolling, that doesn't help things either.  As for why someone might post over there, it's not a black and white issue of choosing sides because one believes someone's story over someone else.  I couldn't care less, really.  It's just a more relaxing place to talk about my favorite band, for me anyway.  There are about 200 others members I can converse with aside from the banned people and a couple others that are being harped on over here.  

I'd double-check that certainty, Kid. Seriously. You're a member there, I don't know what your history here is with Billy, but I assumed you spoke with him and considered him a friend. You've seen him get dragged through the mud, thrown under the bus, and as of tonight "bgas" decided to insult him personally.

Have you said or done anything to voice an opinion that it should be stopped? You're a member, you want to talk about the music there. Where have you been when a friend of yours is getting bashed?

If the posts in that thread are a reaction to what I've said here, find me an example from the time that thread started up, by Andrew Doe no less. His actions and words speak for themselves.

Bgas, "Pinder" if that's who Bruce's Shorts really is, one is banned member who tried to lie and evade a ban after getting multiple bans under his former name, and the other was a guy who Billy and I both stuck up for in the past, who we both had conversations with off the board in the past, and then he started posting insults and name-calling at us here, and now posts them on a board where Billy and I aren't members. Unless I'm forgetting something, where on this board have Billy or I  come out of the blue throwing insults at him which would account for his words being a reaction to things here?

This is who these people are, this is what they do. They throw insults, they lie, and they clog up message boards with that kind of stuff and blame moderators for not taking their side. If you want it to keep going as it is now, Kid, and you can continue to watch a friend get dragged through the mud, remain silent and do nothing. It's your board, you're a member with a voice. Your call. Just don't put the "we deserve it" defense on us. We know the facts - we do not have to lie to make points. We have the ultimate "impeccable source". It's called the truth. Your choice.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:15:12 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #601 on: September 20, 2016, 09:21:31 PM »

When you have members here who post over there under pseudonyms, such as bambupoops

I honestly don't know who that is. I saw the post, and...yeah. I was honestly curious myself as to who that was. That whole "Brian as idiot savant" thing was idiotic.

I think I know who it is, but looking at this person's posts over here, it was a very out of character comment for sure. 

I hope it was intended as a joke, personally.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: September 20, 2016, 09:26:36 PM »

As I said over there, I don't think the dust can settle as long as this thread exists.  All it's doing at this point is fanning the flames. 

It's a two-way street. I'm getting reports almost daily that people on the other board are taking shots at me, at Billy, and at this board in general. I don't have a membership there and never posted there - never will. Billy doesn't have a membership there, he doesn't post there. When word comes in that we're being bashed over there, it's usually the same group of disgruntled banned members who have an axe to grind here. Consider the sources. Some are openly exposed as liars. Consider the sources. Cinc Kid, look at what Billy posted recently about sources and gossip. Is that enough to cast at least some doubt on the word of some of the most vocal members bashing us? Impeccable sources my ass, to be blunt about it.

Now we can add a new term to the lexicon. We had "disgruntled band members", now add "disgruntled banned members". If people do go there to talk music, part of me does feel bad for them because there is a group of the same dozen or so disgruntled banned members now camped out there who can't stop throwing insults and lies.

If you believe what they're saying, that's your call man. But consider the sources and the history. History that goes back over a decade in a few cases.

I can say with certainty that the vast majority of what is being said is in reaction to what is being posted on this thread about members there.    All but maybe one or two members want to move on at this point.  Their opinions aren't going to change.  I don't get why some people here are so hung up on what those banned members say.   When you have members here who post over there under pseudonyms, such as bambupoops , just for the purpose of trolling, that doesn't help things either.  As for why someone might post over there, it's not a black and white issue of choosing sides because one believes someone's story over someone else.  I couldn't care less, really.  It's just a more relaxing place to talk about my favorite band, for me anyway.  There are about 200 others members I can converse with aside from the banned people and a couple others that are being harped on over here.   

I'd double-check that certainty, Kid. Seriously. You're a member there, I don't know what your history here is with Billy, but I assumed you spoke with him and considered him a friend. You've seen him get dragged through the mud, thrown under the bus, and as of tonight "bgas" decided to insult him personally.

Have you said or done anything to voice an opinion that it should be stopped? You're a member, you want to talk about the music there. Where have you been when a friend of yours is getting bashed?

If the posts in that thread are a reaction to what I've said here, find me an example from the time that thread started up, by Andrew Doe no less. His actions and words speak for themselves.

Bgas, "Pinder" if that's who Bruce's Shorts really is, one is banned member who tried to lie and evade a ban after getting multiple bans under his former name, and the other was a guy who Billy and I both stuck up for in the past, who we both had conversations with off the board in the past, and then he started posting insults and name-calling at us here, and now posts them on a board where Billy and I aren't members. Unless I'm forgetting something, where on this board have Billy or I  come out of the blue throwing insults at him which would account for his words being a reaction to things here?

This is who these people are, this is what they do. They throw insults, they lie, and they clog up message boards with that kind of stuff and blame moderators for not taking their side. If you want it to keep going as it is now, Kid, and you can continue to watch a friend get dragged through the mud, remain silent and do nothing. It's your board, you're a member with a voice. Your call. Just don't put the "we deserve it" defense on us. We know the facts - we do not have to lie to make points. We have the ultimate "impeccable source". It's called the truth. Your choice.

I have indeed seen a post or two from him saying something about stopping the infighting. Granted, I don't read much over there.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #603 on: September 20, 2016, 09:28:54 PM »

This is who these people are, this is what they do. They throw insults, they lie, and they clog up message boards with that kind of stuff and blame moderators for not taking their side

I'm more concerned with it coming from a former mod, myself. The whole "shortbus" comment spoke volumes.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: September 20, 2016, 09:30:10 PM »

Just to clarify, Bgas went back and replaced his old posts - some of them specifically in the "AGD Ban" thread, with period marks. Some of those posts which are now periods were not entirely supportive of Andrew Doe. Now they're gone. Instead he insulted Billy and I on a forum where we're not members, after coming here and doing the same thing before he got banned.

Being a major collector does not entitle you to insult other posters. If people go around personally insulting members here, insulting this board and community in public posts, and act that way in general, they're not welcome here.

They can bellyache and moan all they want. The door is locked. That sh*t doesn't fly here. If people want to talk about music, Mike's book, or whatever...the board is still running strong. If other boards and their admins want to allow things like Bgas and Mikie insulting each other as per the past decade or so on this forum, and allow disgruntled banned members to spread lies and insults directed this way, and send threats via PM to members they don't want around, those who are members can speak up and ask that it be stopped. But those doing it are already banned from here for reasons they can lie about unchecked...and those reasons might just be on display through their posts on other forums. Add it up, make your call. You know the URL if you can tolerate that kind of thing between members on a music board. Let the insults fly.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:39:26 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #605 on: September 20, 2016, 09:38:24 PM »

As I said over there, I don't think the dust can settle as long as this thread exists.  All it's doing at this point is fanning the flames. 

I can say with certainty that the vast majority of what is being said is in reaction to what is being posted on this thread about members there.    All but maybe one or two members want to move on at this point.  Their opinions aren't going to change.  I don't get why some people here are so hung up on what those banned members say.   When you have members here who post over there under pseudonyms, such as bambupoops , just for the purpose of trolling, that doesn't help things either.  As for why someone might post over there, it's not a black and white issue of choosing sides because one believes someone's story over someone else.  I couldn't care less, really.  It's just a more relaxing place to talk about my favorite band, for me anyway.  There are about 200 others members I can converse with aside from the banned people and a couple others that are being harped on over here.   

Bgas, "Pinder" if that's who Bruce's Shorts really is, one is banned member who tried to lie and evade a ban after getting multiple bans under his former name, and the other was a guy who Billy and I both stuck up for in the past, who we both had conversations with off the board in the past, and then he started posting insults and name-calling at us here, and now posts them on a board where Billy and I aren't members. Unless I'm forgetting something, where on this board have Billy or I  come out of the blue throwing insults at him which would account for his words being a reaction to things here?

I have indeed seen a post or two from him saying something about stopping the infighting. Granted, I don't read much over there.

Not infighting, but how about stopping the insults directed at a friend. At some point you say "enough" when someone you know or consider a friend is getting insulted and trashed with no means of replying. I also saw the former mod trashing another "Brianista" who he doesn't like...actually the mod forum has quite a few examples of his dislike for "Brianistas" like "Dauber" and Rob M going back years so I'm not surprised at the source. But when another disgruntled banned member celebrates it, that's who they are, and what they do. The short bus comment, is that directed at the Smiley Smile board? Total lack of class. But - If that's what people are into, there's the URL for it.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #606 on: September 20, 2016, 09:57:49 PM »

I also saw the former mod trashing another "Brianista" who he doesn't like...actually the mod forum has quite a few examples of his dislike for "Brianistas" like "Dauber" and Rob M going back years so I'm not surprised at the source. But when another disgruntled banned member celebrates it, that's who they are, and what they do. The short bus comment, is that directed at the Smiley Smile board?

Yes it was. I never had an issue with him, although I had to unfriend him just to get his posts off my newsfeed, as many of his FB friends were making anti Semtic comments , which offended me on a personal level

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 20, 2016, 10:07:03 PM »

As I said over there, I don't think the dust can settle as long as this thread exists.  All it's doing at this point is fanning the flames.  

I can say with certainty that the vast majority of what is being said is in reaction to what is being posted on this thread about members there.    All but maybe one or two members want to move on at this point.  Their opinions aren't going to change.  I don't get why some people here are so hung up on what those banned members say.   When you have members here who post over there under pseudonyms, such as bambupoops , just for the purpose of trolling, that doesn't help things either.  As for why someone might post over there, it's not a black and white issue of choosing sides because one believes someone's story over someone else.  I couldn't care less, really.  It's just a more relaxing place to talk about my favorite band, for me anyway.  There are about 200 others members I can converse with aside from the banned people and a couple others that are being harped on over here.  

Bgas, "Pinder" if that's who Bruce's Shorts really is, one is banned member who tried to lie and evade a ban after getting multiple bans under his former name, and the other was a guy who Billy and I both stuck up for in the past, who we both had conversations with off the board in the past, and then he started posting insults and name-calling at us here, and now posts them on a board where Billy and I aren't members. Unless I'm forgetting something, where on this board have Billy or I  come out of the blue throwing insults at him which would account for his words being a reaction to things here?

Billy knows how I feel about this whole thing.  I've said here and there that this back and forth needs to stop.  I specifically said the insults need to stop a couple pages ago.  

I didn't say everything was a reaction to what was being said here.  If you want to mischaracterize my words, go ahead, I don't really care.  I'm still trying to see what you're end goal is.  You've always said that you're trying to set the record straight, but at some point it needs to stop.  Are you really going to respond to every comment that is made about this forum?  Maybe you should kindly ask your sources to stop reading the forum for you considering you have no desire to visit the place.  

I think the captain's words on the last page are very wise and should be heeded by everyone.  
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #608 on: September 20, 2016, 11:08:36 PM »

Billy knows how I feel about this whole thing.  I've said here and there that this back and forth needs to stop.  I specifically said the insults need to stop a couple pages ago.  

I didn't say everything was a reaction to what was being said here.  If you want to mischaracterize my words, go ahead, I don't really care.  I'm still trying to see what you're end goal is.  You've always said that you're trying to set the record straight, but at some point it needs to stop.  Are you really going to respond to every comment that is made about this forum?  Maybe you should kindly ask your sources to stop reading the forum for you considering you have no desire to visit the place.  

I think the captain's words on the last page are very wise and should be heeded by everyone.  

I can say with certainty that the vast majority of what is being said is in reaction to what is being posted on this thread about members there.    All but maybe one or two members want to move on at this point.  Their opinions aren't going to change.

That's what you said. Vast majority. And that's just not true. It's also been and will be more than one or two members unless people like you who seem to care actually speak up there, if you're worried about that board so much. Change it.

As far as your comments here, don't come here trying to play the "we deserve it" or "we're asking for it" card. We don't deserve it. Billy doesn't. Rob didn't. SmileBrian didn't.

The people who deserved it are the ones who got banned, and their actions show it to this day on the new home they made. Like Pinder, like bgas, like Andrew Doe, like Mike's Beard, etc. Take it up with them for polluting your board with their grudges. Don't bring that baggage here.

Maybe you could take it up with the people on the forum you're a member of. Tell them to knock it off if it bothers you. Your issues are with them.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #609 on: September 21, 2016, 12:14:29 AM »

In all fairness, Bruce's Shorts (whether or not it was Pinder) has been posting that everyone (including them) needs to let it be, and he's dropping it.

It's definitely more than one or two people stirring the sh*t over there, but a few seem to be worse than anyone else.

The administrator there, one 'Dr. Beachboy' , is the worst of the lot. Smile Brian was given sh*t until he asked to be banned. Sweetdudejim is getting sh*t on there too, but at least Dirk finally quit putting on the facade of being unbiased and is no longer making a secret of hiding his abuse of power (while claiming the same of us).

The whole thing about Rob being banned and being let on "because of who he knows" is bullshit...as was his initial ban, done because him and then-mod Jason have had heat for many many years. (But hey, back when he was mod Jason was always pushing for Andrew to be banned, and I didn't listen, so what do I know?)

The whole "Mike Love supporters get banned" thing is also bullshit. You know what? We still have pro-Mike people here, and they're still here. That conveniently gets overlooked to fit the narrative. Name one person, ONE PERSON, who solely got banned for being a Mike person. I'd hold my breath waiting, but I don't feel like suffocating. Maybe tomorrow.

I really don't get bgas's problem...one day just did a complete 180 and started taking swipes at me despite me always having stuck up for him when him and Mikie got into it (I'd say to they need to get a room, but then I remember Mike's Beard is a member there, and he has an issue with LGBT folks, so probably wouldn't work out too well) Now he's joined in with Cam Twat with the whole 'Billie' thing too.

And the funny thing is...all of this sh*t started when Andrew Doe was banned. Well, I think time has proved us right on that one, I'd say.

Speaking of Doe...he now posted that I'm a puppet. LOL  Wow...the guy who's basically Mike Love's puppet has called ME a puppet?  Roll Eyes  Right, right. That guy has Love's hand so far up his ass, he's vomiting wedding rings.

In any case, I see their thread has now been locked, and since I've pretty much got everything off my chest I needed to, guess I can lay this to rest on my side of it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:45:50 AM by ♩♬ Breadpool ♯♫♩ » Logged

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 21, 2016, 10:45:57 AM »

I "know" people?  Cheesy

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 21, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »

When you have members here who post over there under pseudonyms, such as bambupoops

I honestly don't know who that is. I saw the post, and...yeah. I was honestly curious myself as to who that was. That whole "Brian as idiot savant" thing was idiotic.

I think I know who it is, but looking at this person's posts over here, it was a very out of character comment for sure.  

SweetDudeJim.

Edit:  It's not Jim. Apologies!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:14:04 PM by mikeddonn » Logged
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 21, 2016, 11:44:58 AM »

I can say with certainty that the vast majority of what is being said is in reaction to what is being posted on this thread about members there.    All but maybe one or two members want to move on at this point.  Their opinions aren't going to change.

That's what you said. Vast majority. And that's just not true. It's also been and will be more than one or two members unless people like you who seem to care actually speak up there, if you're worried about that board so much. Change it.

As far as your comments here, don't come here trying to play the "we deserve it" or "we're asking for it" card. We don't deserve it. Billy doesn't. Rob didn't. SmileBrian didn't.

The people who deserved it are the ones who got banned, and their actions show it to this day on the new home they made. Like Pinder, like bgas, like Andrew Doe, like Mike's Beard, etc. Take it up with them for polluting your board with their grudges. Don't bring that baggage here.

Maybe you could take it up with the people on the forum you're a member of. Tell them to knock it off if it bothers you. Your issues are with them.

If you want to form your opinion of that forum based on a few members, go ahead.  I wouldn't do that that though, especially since you say you've never visited the forum.  

I have no idea where you're getting this idea that I'm saying you guys deserve this.  All I've been saying is the insults and back and forth needs to stop.  On both forums.  Honestly, it's pretty insulting that you keep choosing to ignore what I've been saying.  If Billy is willing to end it, why aren't you?
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 21, 2016, 11:47:41 AM »

SweetDudeJim I believe.

No, he is now make America vape again. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 21, 2016, 11:59:21 AM »

If you want to form your opinion of that forum based on a few members, go ahead.

A look at who that forum deems as 'Honored Guests' tells me all I need to know about that place.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: September 21, 2016, 12:10:34 PM »

All I've been saying is the insults and back and forth needs to stop.  On both forums.

I can definitely agree with that. I'm done slinging mud unless mud is slung at me or any of our members here. I said my piece yesterday.

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 21, 2016, 12:15:28 PM »

SweetDudeJim I believe.

No, he is now make America vape again. 

Yip, I checked that after I posted!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 21, 2016, 12:34:21 PM »

If you want to form your opinion of that forum based on a few members, go ahead.

A look at who that forum deems as 'Honored Guests' tells me all I need to know about that place.

Regular members had no input on who the honored guests should be.  Seeing honored member next to AGD's name isn't going stop me from posting there even though I don't like what he did. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 21, 2016, 12:50:46 PM »

Regular members had no input on who the honored guests should be.  Seeing honored member next to AGD's name isn't going stop me from posting there even though I don't like what he did.  

I was referring to the leadership on that forum.

edit: and regardless of my opinion of that forum, as long as the false allegations stop I won't speak of it anymore. But I have and will call out bullshit when I see it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:53:04 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 21, 2016, 12:55:49 PM »

Regular members had no input on who the honored guests should be.  Seeing honored member next to AGD's name isn't going stop me from posting there even though I don't like what he did.  

I was referring to the leadership on that forum.

edit: and regardless of my opinion of that forum, as long as the false allegations stop I won't speak of it anymore. But I have and will call out bullshit when I see it.

Thanks  Smiley
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 22, 2016, 11:25:33 PM »

Just throwing out a suggestion and seeing if there are any takers. Would everyone here agree to a ceasefire if everyone there did?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: September 22, 2016, 11:52:08 PM »

I would. Actually looks like it already is happening, which is cool by me.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 23, 2016, 12:38:41 AM »

I think this is a good time to close this thread.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: September 23, 2016, 05:48:19 AM »

Keep it open. No one has posted here for two days, because there haven't been any insults or accusations thrown this way for two days. If no insults are launched, no posts appear here in reply. Simple. No need to lock it.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 23, 2016, 08:04:49 AM »

Keep it open. No one has posted here for two days, because there haven't been any insults or accusations thrown this way for two days. If no insults are launched, no posts appear here in reply. Simple. No need to lock it.

Agree. You never know when someone over there with a rocket launcher aimed at us will get their panties in a bunch and go ballistic. It appears to be that type of crowd over yonder.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: