-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:23:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297855 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: September 12, 2016, 09:45:46 PM »

Yup... "You are parents"  and "a an education"   Roll Eyes

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 13, 2016, 01:52:11 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cs1BIlglzI

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: September 13, 2016, 06:28:32 AM »

It's the same behavior in general and abuses of the PM system which were seen on this board in the past, same issues and those same actors, under a new roof. Deja vu all over again, as Yogi Berra once said.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 13, 2016, 08:00:10 AM »

LOL LOL Sounds far better than Summer In Paradise for sure. With the singing through his nose thing, he must have been heavily influenced by myKe luHv, only this guy is better. Razz

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: September 13, 2016, 05:51:31 PM »

And by all appearances, going against the apparent rules, a member is allowed to make a threat against another member with no repercussions on that forum. Pathetic. But there's the choice.

A good example of "efficient" moderation? Right.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 13, 2016, 09:01:10 PM »

And by all appearances, going against the apparent rules, a member is allowed to make a threat against another member with no repercussions on that forum. Pathetic. But there's the choice.

Seems like a real solid organization over there. Nothing happens to the guy doing the threatening.

And I see that mega-mod Andrew is on his soapbox about Ognir on the PS forum. To the guy making Doe "aware", perhaps let him know that if he's going to make accusations about people it's probably best not let those accusations come from the guy who accused Smile Brian of being Melinda Wilson. Perhaps someone with some credibility left could take the helm on this one.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:17:32 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: September 13, 2016, 09:06:32 PM »

Yeah he's trying to go after Jay because he told me what Andrew was doing, so now he's grasping at straws. Idiot...he should make sure that if he's going to try to slander someone, it's not someone who's a close friend/collaborator  IN REAL LIFE.

Notice how vague the accusations were too? That's how he rolls...take it 'from someone who would know' Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:12:04 PM by ♩♬ Dr. Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 13, 2016, 09:15:30 PM »

Yeah he's trying to go after Jay because he told me what Andrew was doing, so now he's grasping at straws. Idiot...he should make sure that if he's going to try to slander someone, it's not someone who's a close friend/collaborator  IN REAL LIFE.

Notice how vague the accusations were too? That's how he rolls...take it 'from someone who would know' Roll Eyes

Ahh, well when the sources are "impeccable" how can you ignore em? Grin

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: September 13, 2016, 09:17:13 PM »

His "source" for much of his crap should be obvious once one looks at which "personnel" changed employers... Roll Eyes

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 14, 2016, 12:21:23 AM »

Evil

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: September 14, 2016, 12:27:49 AM »

I know, right?

It's all on who you know.

I did notice that my dear chum is no longer a "mega-mod" but an "honored member"...

thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 14, 2016, 04:47:39 AM »

And I noticed that the one who would kill us all is "honored member" too. Those guys are unbelievable. Evil
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:51:25 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 14, 2016, 05:10:12 AM »

LOL LOL Sounds far better than Summer In Paradise for sure. With the singing through his nose thing, he must have been heavily influenced by myKe luHv, only this guy is better. Razz

OSD, The Shaggs are three sisters (plus a fourth on occasion). Philosophy of the World was Frank Zappa's third favourite album. It has been described as aboriginal music. Real slice-of-life stuff, to be sure.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 14, 2016, 05:24:26 AM »

And I noticed that the one who would kill us all is "honored member" too. Those guys are unbelievable. Evil
You mean that iain lee guy? Haha! Ssssso... 1 interview with Mike makes him, ahem, "honored guest"? Okaaaaaay. police

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 14, 2016, 06:18:49 AM »

You mean that iain lee guy? Haha! Ssssso... 1 interview with Mike makes him, ahem, "honored guest"? Okaaaaaay. police

Nah, it was probably because he said he would murder everyone on this forum - the PS forum seems to award people when they threaten others.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 14, 2016, 07:33:46 AM »

OSD, The Shaggs are three sisters (plus a fourth on occasion). Philosophy of the World was Frank Zappa's third favourite album. It has been described as aboriginal music. Real slice-of-life stuff, to be sure.

Thanks! I stand enlightened.  Smiley

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 14, 2016, 07:41:45 AM »

I know, right?

It's all on who you know.

I did notice that my dear chum is no longer a "mega-mod" but an "honored member"...

The agdster must have shed a few lbs which would certainly disqualify him from his "mega" status. If the mega brand suddenly reappears, we'll know he's packing on the lard again.  Roll Eyes

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 14, 2016, 08:21:01 AM »

Mega-lard... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 16, 2016, 07:05:06 PM »

Well, it is a shitshow over there.  Just goes to show, if someone was banned here, they were for a good reason and it makes no sense to start up another board for them to flock.

http://petsoundsforum.com/thread/742/mike-reunion?page=1

To be fair, the thread over here about the same subject is also pretty heated but this takes the cake.

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #569 on: September 17, 2016, 12:27:41 AM »

Hell of a LOT of Mike threads on the main forum first page  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: September 17, 2016, 09:21:59 AM »

Hell of a LOT of Mike threads on the main forum first page  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

And they say there's nothing strange going at at all.  Roll Eyes

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 17, 2016, 11:15:54 AM »

A quick glance and it looks like about half of the 10 most recently active threads both there and here are Mike-based. And considering the guy's book just came out and he's been doing a ton of press, that seems reasonable.

Wouldn't life be better if it didn't involve having to see what the other side of the family is doing and measure yourselves against them? My cousin is in jail, my uncle's a drunk, another cousin just so pretentious. Can you believe what he wore to the wedding? She sure put on weight. Glad I'm so great...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #572 on: September 17, 2016, 11:28:14 AM »

Well, it is a shitshow over there.  Just goes to show, if someone was banned here, they were for a good reason and it makes no sense to start up another board for them to flock.

To be fair, the thread over here about the same subject is also pretty heated but this takes the cake.

Yeah...got me with the "Old School Brianista vs Millenials" thing. Wonder that was a shot at me, because I've mentioned how I'm not that much of a fan of the earlier music? Roll Eyes That can be shot down pretty quick..1) I'm not a millennial, I'm a Gen-Xer.  2) Has nothing to do with the Mike Love lyrics...I'm a music giy, not a lyric guy.  3) I *like* the hits, just not much of the album tracks (besides stuff like She Knows Me Too Well).

GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 17, 2016, 01:04:27 PM »

Yeah...got me with the "Old School Brianista vs Millenials" thing. Wonder that was a shot at me, because I've mentioned how I'm not that much of a fan of the earlier music? Roll Eyes That can be shot down pretty quick..1) I'm not a millennial, I'm a Gen-Xer.  2) Has nothing to do with the Mike Love lyrics...I'm a music giy, not a lyric guy.  3) I *like* the hits, just not much of the album tracks (besides stuff like She Knows Me Too Well).

I postulated the old school vs new school theory and it's got nothing to do with you because I don't know anything about your age, but I've always found it bizarre that younger fans will worship Pet Sounds and Smile but have no time for the older stuff or, even worse, will write it off as the Mike Love stuff. Um..,. Do they not realize that Brian wrote every friggin' note of that music??? I have the same problem with people who dismiss the early Beatles.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #574 on: September 17, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »

I postulated the old school vs new school theory and it's got nothing to do with you because I don't know anything about your age, but I've always found it bizarre that younger fans will worship Pet Sounds and Smile but have no time for the older stuff or, even worse, will write it off as the Mike Love stuff. Um..,. Do they not realize that Brian wrote every friggin' note of that music??? I have the same problem with people who dismiss the early Beatles.

I know, you're good. There was comments made elsewhere about "hipsters" and implying that had something to do with not liking it.

For me, stuff like "Don't hurt my little sister" don't do anything for me musically,  and I actually don't care for Brian's vocals on "Don't back Down", just to name two examples.   It isn't until 1966 where I liked 99% of the stuff on the albums

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: