-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:39:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297936 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: June 28, 2016, 08:39:24 PM »

This type of attack is why I'm not here anymore.  

How do you feel about all those other attacks, like those on Brian's family as well as board members here, which had been happening here both publicly and privately? Would it matter if some of the same individuals you have been promoting and are now on a new fan community with were behind them?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 28, 2016, 11:01:01 PM »

With the exception of colleague Andrew Doe, I don't follow either board closely enough to know who is and isn't here or there.

In fact, the only reason I was aware of this thread was because Lee Dempsey copy and pasted (in an email) what Debbie said, otherwise it wouldn't have even been on my radar.

For the most part, this is all inconsequential … It has nothing to do with the music. 

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2016, 01:10:25 AM »

Why hide the registrant and ownership/admin info on this domain? If all of this boils down to "it's just a freakin' message board", then what's the big secret? I can understand corporate and political interests doing it, I can understand those who broker and speculate domain names for profit doing it, but why a Beach Boys message board that peaks out at around 150-200 unique users and members? Every one of the boards I've known or have been involved with over the past decade and more have had admins and owners known by everyone. Susan's board, Junkstar's board, Charles' board, Jon and John's board, etc...

So why hide the registration?

Looks to me like it's nothing more than the agency used to do all the registering has done it in its own name instead of the client's.

The other options are too horrific to contemplate though.

1) That the PSF board is a front for ISIS, in which case we should all be hiding under the sheets and trembling.
2) that the PSF board is a front for the CIA, in which case we should all be hiding under the sheets and trembling.
3) That the PSF board is being run by an bunch of fans who wanted a different atmosphere, in which case no one needs hide under the sheets, trembling.

Still, I'm glad you're one the case and pursuing it with such dogged determination. Let us know when you get a result so we can all sleep easy.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:36:58 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 29, 2016, 01:36:16 AM »

Which question? The ones asking about me posting about buying a beer at upcoming concerts affecting my ability to moderate a fan forum? Whether I had accepted or was accepting gifts or other forms of payment for moderating forums?

I was one of those who referred to either or both these issues (don't think I was the only one, but hey…)

The ref to you having a drink with OSD at a gig was triggered by the fact that quite a few folks had, at the time, been calling for him/her to be banned for constantly trolling negative posts about Mike Love, to the point of distraction. As you seemed to be a pal of his/hers, then it's an obvious question to ask – why was no action seen to be taken against a troll who was also, apparently, a mate of a mod? Were their actions tolerated because of a personal friendship? I think you answered that at the time, and I understand that an anti-trolling rule has since been introduced. Surely that was the end of it? I cannot believe that you've raked up such a toxic topic again, unless you've something to get of your chest with regard to it.

It was also me that asked whether you were receiving any payments, gifts or benefit in relation to your position as Super Mod at the BW board. I was curious to know whether your position there might influence the way in which you moderated any posts on this board which might be seen as pro- or anti-Mike, or pro- or anti-Brian. You also answered that at the time and assured us that you receive no payments, gifts or benefit and that your position as moderator here was not influenced by your position there in any way. Surely that was the end of it? I cannot believe that you've raked up such a toxic topic again, unless you've something to get of your chest with regard to it.

It's nothing more than looking for an assurance that everything is above board and that everyone is treated equally.  I asked, and was answered. It didn't need raking up again.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: June 29, 2016, 06:39:30 AM »

Regarding the issues with ESQ, it should be noted that the issues seemed to pertain mainly if not exclusively to articles penned by Mr. Beard via "Examiner" rather than articles he published inside of ESQ.

The issues with those articles are *well-documented* on this board. Whether they were written specifically with an "anti-Brian" motive, I have no idea. But there was a succession of articles that were disrespectful to Brian and/or a weirdly aggressive and out-of-nowhere soapbox outlet for Mike Love and, in my opinion, insulted any fan who truly is a "fan of all of the band members." I think these articles, including one which was a monologue/diatribe from Mike attempting to start off as an actual "interview", were indeed harshly criticized here. But it was with good reason. The criticism was harsh, but never out of line or personal.

I think people were also off-put and questioned the movies of such articles precisely *because* ESQ has normally been so warm and fuzzy and the opposite of hard-hitting (e.g. little in-depth coverage of the C50 fallout), that it seemed painfully obvious to many readers that the Mike diatribe piece was put forth to allow Mike to spew his agenda (with ZERO follow-up questions), and the weird piece about Brian's tour (calling him "brain damaged" and suggesting that only "on occasion" he actually joins in with his band) was written without the tact you'd expect from even the newest and greenest of Beach Boys fans, let alone the editor of the only Beach Boys fanzine. Both pieces, in my opinion, had a clear and painfully obvious agenda, and the fact that ESQ in the past has rarely or never covered fractious events in the BB universe while these two articles, penned by its editor, respectively pushed Mike's agenda and insulted Brian (and basic journalistic tenets) were part of the aspects that made the whole ordeal more off-putting.

Prior to these 2015 articles, my recollection is that Mr. Beard and ESQ were celebrated on this board. Perhaps not as often-discussed as one would think the only ongoing fanzine for the band would be, but I think that had more to do with the light, hands-off nature of the magazine (and also the off-topic stuff like the now-infamous "Bamboo Trading Company" issue that had nothing to do with the BBs). If anything, I've always felt the non-partisan, apolitical, "fanzine" approach of ESQ which has failed to be particular critical of anything the band has done individually or collectively (were there any editorials or think-pieces back in 1998 simply delving into whether Mike should use the BB name, or breakdowns of the 2004 "Smile" lawsuits or BRI/Jardine 1999/2000 lawsuits?) has usually gone largely without criticism over the years on this board.

I'm all for moving on and not dwelling on a couple of nasty articles, especially items posted on the "Examiner" website of all places. But I just wanted to raise the history involved with all of this. Nobody should be particularly incredulous as to where the *very recent* issues with Mr. Beard's writing comes from. It was and is a credibility issue; I for one was super bummed when those articles hit. ESQ has been innocuous and PR-friendly at absolute worst in the past (and has had some great scholarly/archival types of articles as well), so it was really a bummer (and SUPER OBVIOUS, to me anyway) what was going on with those 2015 Examiner articles.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2016, 07:44:30 AM »

There was never an agenda.  It isn't fair to The Beach Boys' legacy, or to Mike Love, to suggest that my error in judgement in writing the article on Examiner that used a poorly worded term (which was changed) was due to being hired to design and write a tour program.

After the Examiner article appeared I reached out to Melinda and Brian apologized.  Melinda responded in kind, and we moved on. 

Again, it was my decision to write the article.  It is a mistake that I deeply regret.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 29, 2016, 07:54:07 AM »

The club Kokomo koolaid will do that to a man. Cool Guy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: June 29, 2016, 08:05:48 AM »

Since a dialogue is open on these issues, I'd like to add some comments about these first.

David, the issue was not strictly with your one Examiner piece about Brian Wilson playing live. As HeyJude's post described, there was a series of your pieces that did seem to be written from a specific perspective that readers picked up on and which caused something of a backlash. There was one which was headlined as a review of the new Brian Wilson single, and there seemed to be more of a focus on Mike Love than Brian, and Mike had nothing current or specific to do with that single release at all, any more than Brian would be a relative topic for a review of Mike's 2015 Christmas single release, apart from the usual mentions as seen in every article about the Beach Boys. Then there was the "Mike Sets The Record Straight" type of Examiner article, and that also got some readers to question what was going on.

Yes, it is about the music, but there were more than one of these occurrences that raised a few eyebrows and raised some blood pressures due to the content of the articles, and especially when the headline/byline was about a new Brian Wilson single, album, etc. Something seemed "off" about the whole thing, from the timing to the content to the source. It felt like there was something which was different from the previous ESQ style and focus, granted it was a separate entity but your name as the editor of ESQ was on the articles and responsible for the content. When the comments started coming in, I recall Lee made a statement here about the views in Examiner not being those of ESQ or something similar, and at that point the criticisms must have become more than just fans blowing off steam.

If I could be diplomatic about it, none of it seemed to fit, and a number of fans who read all of it did notice something different in the tone of those columns, and wanted to know what was going on. The reactions to those comments definitely didn't help ease tensions or address the questions, and those comments have since been edited or removed from this site, along with some of the original text from the articles themselves.

Let me say I'm not trying to fan old flames, but it feels like some of the issues are still unresolved and some of the questions - for some fans - still feel like they are lingering, because it did feel like something out of character and out of left field to see a succession of articles written that way. It didn't make sense.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 29, 2016, 08:24:31 AM »

The club Kokomo koolaid will do that to a man. Cool Guy

LOL   Not to mention the immediate need to shower off the scum after the one and only visit to The Vibe Room.  Transcendental Meditation

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: June 29, 2016, 08:25:46 AM »

There was never an agenda.  It isn't fair to The Beach Boys' legacy, or to Mike Love, to suggest that my error in judgement in writing the article on Examiner that used a poorly worded term (which was changed) was due to being hired to design and write a tour program.

I can only add two additional thoughts:

I don't see any direct link between doing a tour program and the writing of those articles, and my issues with those articles last year have nothing to do with tour programs. Would Mike be more amendable to having someone who is sympathetic and uncritical of him to write his tour program? Undoubtedly, but I obviously can't say that the tour program and those Examiner articles from last year have anything to do with each other. The issues I and others had with those articles had nothing to do with tour programs. I'd venture to guess some of those who found those articles last year distasteful have no idea who put together Mike's tour programs.  

Also, questioning the tour program gig vis-à-vis those Examiner articles wouldn't be unfair to the band's legacy or Mike's legacy. Such an accusation, however true or untrue, would be a repudiation/criticism of the author of the articles.

I'm not a fan of attempting to say if an article (or the motives for writing the article) is questioned, then anyone questioning it is somehow insulting or being unfair to the band or its members. To me, that's hiding behind the band and its members.

If I write something about the band that people disagree with, and/or if someone questions my motives for writing whatever I wrote, I don't suggest those critics are actually being unfair to the band.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: June 29, 2016, 08:43:29 AM »

Which question? The ones asking about me posting about buying a beer at upcoming concerts affecting my ability to moderate a fan forum? Whether I had accepted or was accepting gifts or other forms of payment for moderating forums?

I was one of those who referred to either or both these issues (don't think I was the only one, but hey…)

The ref to you having a drink with OSD at a gig was triggered by the fact that quite a few folks had, at the time, been calling for him/her to be banned for constantly trolling negative posts about Mike Love, to the point of distraction. As you seemed to be a pal of his/hers, then it's an obvious question to ask – why was no action seen to be taken against a troll who was also, apparently, a mate of a mod? Were their actions tolerated because of a personal friendship? I think you answered that at the time, and I understand that an anti-trolling rule has since been introduced. Surely that was the end of it? I cannot believe that you've raked up such a toxic topic again, unless you've something to get of your chest with regard to it.

It was also me that asked whether you were receiving any payments, gifts or benefit in relation to your position as Super Mod at the BW board. I was curious to know whether your position there might influence the way in which you moderated any posts on this board which might be seen as pro- or anti-Mike, or pro- or anti-Brian. You also answered that at the time and assured us that you receive no payments, gifts or benefit and that your position as moderator here was not influenced by your position there in any way. Surely that was the end of it? I cannot believe that you've raked up such a toxic topic again, unless you've something to get of your chest with regard to it.

It's nothing more than looking for an assurance that everything is above board and that everyone is treated equally.  I asked, and was answered. It didn't need raking up again.

It looks like there will be multiple topics crossing in the replies, but it's the Sandbox, so that's what it's here for!

John, you said it yourself in the first line you wrote. You were one of those who brought it up, and as you said, I answered directly all of the points you raised. That was the extent of the issue in terms of what you asked and what I answered. But there are still people bringing it up, and separate from you, it is still an issue at least among those who continued to reference it, including the admin of the new board. I guess Dr Beach Boy missed or ignored our earlier exchanges.

The issue I had in mind was how this somehow became an issue and has been a topic which had spread to at least two other forums, Hoffman and BBB that I know of, and who knows how many other social media and maybe some mentions of "drinking buddies" on the PS forum, I don't know how much if anything has come up on those.

For one, as I think you even said, a concert is a place where any number of fans are in the same place for the same purpose at the same time. What got spun by some into the phrase 'drinking buddies' started out as a joke about buying a beer at a hypothetical show sometime in the future into challenging something I did or didn't do relative to moderating this or any other board. It was bullshit on so many levels, and i think we agreed based on your previous replies that it wasn't and shouldn't have been an issue.

Yet thanks to some, that is a narrative that is still believed by who knows how many fans, whether it's relative, whether it means anything at all, or whether it's even true or false.

So my asking about this new forum is challenged as "none of your business", yet all of the crap that is still being believed if not propagated on other forums about drinking buddies and the like is still an issue or is still believed and repeated across these forums?

John, how far does this go? Maybe if there are fans still lingering on whatever issues of moderating and concert activity and gifts seem to be hung around my neck, should we open the doors even further and ask the same of everyone involved in these fan forums and websites? From Andrew Doe, to Val, to Dr Beach Boy and the team of Super Moderators on the PS forum, to David Beard, to Lee, to the whole roster of individuals whose names are on these things?

Maybe we should. I answered your questions, and between us that was resolved. But there are still the same issues lingering and some people who must not have read our exchanges here which I think we both assumed had settled those issues.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:45:42 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2016, 09:10:48 AM »

Not so much "resolved" as "moved on from". These were just two of the issues that have made me feel far from comfortable posting here, especially as on one occasion I was warned that I'd crossed a line (or similar). When so many others here were regularly crossing lines with apparent impunity, it became obvious that some here were favoured more than others. One reason why so many questions arose over various bannings and the disappearance of various popular posters. I clearly wasn't the only one who felt that way, which is why the Pet Sounds Forum grew so popular so quickly. THAT, for me, helped resolve the issue.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2016, 09:12:54 AM »

OSD and I have nothing to do with the PSF's creation.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2016, 09:34:07 AM »

Not so much "resolved" as "moved on from". These were just two of the issues that have made me feel far from comfortable posting here, especially as on one occasion I was warned that I'd crossed a line (or similar). When so many others here were regularly crossing lines with apparent impunity, it became obvious that some here were favoured more than others. One reason why so many questions arose over various bannings and the disappearance of various popular posters. I clearly wasn't the only one who felt that way, which is why the Pet Sounds Forum grew so popular so quickly. THAT, for me, helped resolve the issue.

Does the appearance that some here were favored more than others and the notion that others here were regularly crossing lines apply to Andrew Doe and others as well? If we're going to be rehashing old issues, consider there was a three strikes rule well before I became a mod here that some have suggested was stretched to accommodate various "popular" posters, and which some who supported those banned have even said should be considered differently depending on who the poster might be.

If you agree, then your statement above is too one-sided. You're simply not seeing what had been going on for years, or not accepting what was going on in order to put the blame yet again on whatever and whoever you wish you become the scapegoat and the narrative. So the PS forum comes along and that was the resolution? Does it matter to you at all what the multiple infractions were that led to those "popular posters" being banned, or is it a case of you objecting to the rules when the existing rules were applied to people you liked or thought were too popular or valuable to be subject to a ban? "Too big to fail", perhaps?

Talk about favoring posters: Let's talk going back a decade and really get the facts out there if this is still an issue. 

So in those cases, John, some people dodged the rules here in not only that way, but also in a way that effectively hid the infractions and violations in private messages so no one would know unless they were reported by the recipients. If they are popular or valuable according to your opinion of them, then I suppose the mods should have looked the other way because of who it was?

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 29, 2016, 09:53:06 AM »

I'm not even going to re-read that in an attempt to make sense of it, Craig.

In fact, such paranoid, conspiracy theory diatribes in which you refuse to accept even an ounce of what has been offered by various posters is another source of my personal discomfort. Everything's a campaign. Poor Billy's going through the mill and you're dredging up sh*t that the rest of the world is done with.

"Look on my works, you mighty, and despair!"

Heard that so many times here in recent months. And in despair.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: June 29, 2016, 10:05:55 AM »

In fact, such paranoid, conspiracy theory diatribes in which you refuse to accept even an ounce of what has been offered by various posters is another source of my personal discomfort. Everything's a campaign. Poor Billy's going through the mill and you're dredging up sh*t that the rest of the world is done with.

Oh, please, John. Get off the paranoia tactic and address the issues you've rehashed. It is as clear as can be, whether you're able to comprehend it or not. Not paranoid, not a conspiracy theory, but simply the way things happened here for years. There were people here who stretched and bent the rules for years, and then other posters suggested the rules be applied differently because of the status, or maybe even the popularity of those breaking and bending the rules. Some of the same posters who were the loudest voices calling for the rules to be followed and bans to be issued were themselves breaking board rules and dodging them for years.

That's a fact, whether you want to accept it as such, or instead do like others seem to be doing and accuse me and anyone who addresses it as paranoid when it contradicts what you want to believe and continue to repeat.

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #441 on: June 29, 2016, 11:12:24 AM »

I thought you were paying the bills!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:15:37 AM by Smilin Ed H » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 29, 2016, 11:17:10 AM »

It's nothing more than looking for an assurance that everything is above board and that everyone is treated equally.  I asked, and was answered. It didn't need raking up again.

Such pure bullshit from someone who wasn't there. Jesus Christ, man, get off this GF and I were/are drinking buddies crapola and I'm somehow *favored*. Were you there?? Seems like you dredge up your misguided information, as screwed up as it usually is, from good old hearsay, not facts. At least when I rattle off an opinion about myKe luHv, there's a fairly good chance there's reason enough to support it because let's face it, he's a well known douchebag. So let me get this straight, I am introduced to GF at a Brian Wilson concert, I am offered a beer by someone who is there with us outside, and all of a sudden, we're as thick as thieves and a lifetime brotherhood is hatched? In a very small window of time, he assures me that I've got the green light to do, say and post to my heart's delight without fear of getting banhammered? Sure! Are you with me, Sir John? How many drinks have we had since that night in 2015? Zero. Do we email, text, write letters, PM or talk on the phone? No, but I sincerely enjoyed meeting him and certainly appeared to be someone who's company I would enjoy.
By the way, genius, it is not a capitol offense nor against board rules to be friends with a particular mod.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:19:46 AM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 29, 2016, 11:19:07 AM »

Actually I suspect you were a fabulous inspiration!

Oh, please, John. Get off the paranoia tactic and address the issues you've rehashed. It is as clear as can be, whether you're able to comprehend it or not. Not paranoid, not a conspiracy theory, but simply the way things happened here for years. There were people here who stretched and bent the rules for years, and then other posters suggested the rules be applied differently because of the status, or maybe even the popularity of those breaking and bending the rules. Some of the same posters who were the loudest voices calling for the rules to be followed and bans to be issued were themselves breaking board rules and dodging them for years.

That's a fact, whether you want to accept it as such, or instead do like others seem to be doing and accuse me and anyone who addresses it as paranoid when it contradicts what you want to believe and continue to repeat.

That patronising, supercilious tone is another turn-off from this board.

That and your challenging "I can do no wrong" approach.

What was going on in PMs and out of sight of us mere mortal posters doesn't concern me so much as the way you've changed the mood here. I used to regard this place as an online home - and I'll still drop by from time to time to say "hi" to the folks - but it ain't the place I knew and loved.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 29, 2016, 03:59:31 PM »

Regarding David Beard: I can't think of many of us, including anyone commenting on him in this thread and me, who have done even a tenth of what he and Lee Dempsey together and separately have done for the Beach Boys and the Beach Boys community.  And I know from decades of observation, that they are both bona fide admirers and respecters of Brian and all the Boys.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 29, 2016, 05:03:50 PM »

Regarding David Beard: I can't think of many of us, including anyone commenting on him in this thread and me, who have done even a tenth of what he and Lee Dempsey together and separately have done for the Beach Boys and the Beach Boys community.  And I know from decades of observation, that they are both bona fide admirers and respecters of Brian and all the Boys.

Thank you Cam.

Examiner:

http://www.examiner.com/article/brian-wilson-thankful-to-fans-for-their-love

http://www.examiner.com/article/brian-wilson-brings-love-mercy-and-hope

http://www.examiner.com/article/examiner-exclusive-mark-linett-discusses-brian-wilson-s-1988-solo-album

http://www.examiner.com/article/brian-wilson-is-the-critic-s-choice

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 29, 2016, 05:55:17 PM »

Actually I suspect you were a fabulous inspiration!

That patronising, supercilious tone is another turn-off from this board.

That and your challenging "I can do no wrong" approach.

What was going on in PMs and out of sight of us mere mortal posters doesn't concern me so much as the way you've changed the mood here. I used to regard this place as an online home - and I'll still drop by from time to time to say "hi" to the folks - but it ain't the place I knew and loved.

John, with all due respect, this place was toxic long before Craig.  Simply begging/cajoling/bullying Craig to step down will not solve the problems  as they existed for several years.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: June 29, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »

This place had issues years before I even signed on as a mod, and one of them was people like Andrew Doe and others thinking they were above the rules and acting as such. That became crystal clear to me when I did become a moderator. I could say more because there is a heap of sh*t that very few know about, and (no, John...) it's not paranoia but the reality of the kind of crap that actually happened behind the scenes and off the board, although it did on occasion show up in public posts if anyone knew what they were reading.

It was the undercurrent here that is now apparently not supposed to be part of the discussion here, because for f***'s sake everyone knows I am the one to blame for everything bad. Right, John and others? Maybe you don't want anyone to know what actually happened, so I'm not only the scapegoat but also the paranoid conspiracy theorist loon who is making up all this stuff?

I don't lie. Some prominent others cannot say the same.

Meanwhile, for years people were slandered, lied about, and yes - agendas were pushed - and the majority of it was done with private messages, hidden from view and protected by "the rules". Not just band members and their family members were being torn down and lied about, but other posters here too. David Beard was one of them, along with anyone that ran afoul of who those who thought they were running the board and would influence decisions if they bitched and moaned loud enough...or people who had to be scrubbed off the board entirely because some didn't like what they said or how they posted.

And would you believe there were attempts to do background checks on board members, to find out personal info and contact info on these "undesirables" by asking around and in one guy's case, contacting the moderators asking for personal info?

I have two words to say to that kind of thing, and they're the same two words I had when some of this went down. f*** that.

That's not how this board runs, nor should it be run. And the nerve of people now to say I caused the board to turn to sh*t, after seeing the behavior that I saw after becoming a moderator? No way will that stand, and as far as lies and liars, some of the key players on the new board that is supposed to be the great elixir for all the diseases that crippled this forum have been shown for what they are as recent as a few days ago in this discussion. There is either the truth, or there is a lie. And in some of these cases, people apparently just make sh*t up to fit whatever they need.

And I'm the one called paranoid? Nope, that doesn't work anymore. Find another tactic or "campaign" to wage.

Or continue to go to the board where no one can give a straight answer, the admin openly lies here and says the truth doesn't matter as long as he believes otherwise, and the named ownership of the board's domain is assigned to a proxy domain company.

Have a ball.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: June 29, 2016, 09:36:35 PM »

And would you believe there were attempts to do background checks on board members, to find out personal info and contact info on these "undesirables" by asking around and in one guy's case, contacting the moderators asking for personal info?

As the recipient of one of those messages, I can personally vouch for it. I did not provide any info, either.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 01, 2016, 09:25:10 AM »

Just spent some time (can I get it back Huh) over there. Talk about political correctness and walking on eggshells! B O R I N G, B O R I N G waste of time place that needs a good shot of adrenaline, not vanilla. Kind of similar to visiting a cemetery with no one having much to say about anything of interest and just a rehash of the same old same old. I'd say that they could end up just having to invent ways to keep people from falling asleep over there unless it's a real powder keg waiting to blow up. I'd think that myKe luHv's book will be the true test and will, perhaps, light a fire under their collective asses. But, if Mother Beachboy and his band of moderators
with 4 real authentic stars wants it that way well, oh well.  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: