-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:18:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297841 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: June 20, 2016, 02:30:29 PM »

Definitely understood. At what point does 'enough' truly become 'enough', though? If one person says they will *never* back down, then at what point do we cut our losses and say 'hey, this guy is out of base, out of line, but no matter what we do he will, he will hold to it' and cut our losses?

From my own personal experience...people generally don't change their stripes, esp. when questions of honesty/dishonesty come into play.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: June 20, 2016, 02:37:32 PM »

It reached beyond rationality today. To read essentially that the truth doesn't matter, it is hitting a brick wall. If people out there choose to get involved in all of this with that kind of broken moral compass working as an admin of a new community, that's their choice. But the lies won't go unchallenged here, if they continue to appear.

There were some issues that have not been addressed, specific to the domain/hosting stuff. I can and will address them to put the period at the end of that sentence. What happened today took this into areas that defy logic and any reasons behind posting to a fan forum. It was good that it has been kept in the sandbox.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 20, 2016, 08:58:50 PM »

Cam asked about sending PM's...I did get those. Do you expect me to act alone and either make a decision or comment, or wait for Billy and Charles to weigh in as well? I'd rather follow the procedure and wait for when Billy and Charles have a chance to discuss it. Did you send it to them too?

You could have just straightforwardly answered yes to the original question in the thread and done the rest by PM.

I did not send it to Charles because the current procedure as posted is to first send it to you and Billie, which I have done, and you should be able to confirm that by my posts in your inbox I assume. In light of past problems with notification and Bccing, I expect acknowledgment of receipt from all those required in the procedure (not just half), especially when specifically requested. Now that we all know the system is working I trust those who need to will finally weigh in and the procedure will be followed eventually as best it can be to the Mods' abilities.  Thanks.

Do you think I was unaware of what this was/is when I replied?

Since you didn't my answer my first question and you had not even replied to previous direct requests by PM as to whether you had recieved my PMs, yes, I thought you were unaware and had no way to know otherwise.

Cam, I'd suggest either being more patient or giving it a rest. I also didn't reply to all of your messages because Billy had already been replying to you, and unfortunately I had no way of knowing what he said to you because I didn't get the replies you got, but I'm assuming he updated you on his end based on your replies to him. If you had already been in a dialogue with a mod, I don't know what you expected me to say when I wasn't getting or seeing the replies and when your messages were already being addressed by a moderator.

I am being patient but all lies matter. You didn't reply to any of my PMs.  All of my messages were sent to and received by you (and Billie). Billie had circumstances that prevented him from acting and I suggested in two posts you received and quoted the suggestion in a third post you received that you could handle it and Billy should take care of his family. You didn't respond to those either. You didn't even reply to a request to reply to show if you were even receiving the PMs. I'm not a mind reader and don't know what the Mods discuss between themselves but you did receive (you say) the 3 posts suggesting you could handle it so Billie could take care of his family and I'm a little surprised you didn't then take that up with Billie. At least now we all three know and progress can be made so please contact me by PM with any questions, I will respond.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:01:33 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 20, 2016, 10:57:43 PM »

Definitely understood. At what point does 'enough' truly become 'enough', though? If one person says they will *never* back down, then at what point do we cut our losses and say 'hey, this guy is out of base, out of line, but no matter what we do he will, he will hold to it' and cut our losses?

From my own personal experience...people generally don't change their stripes, esp. when questions of honesty/dishonesty come into play.

Billy, can I suggest that you go with Hey Jude's suggestion and lock the thread anyway? Craig can always re-open it if be feels be has more to say on the subject, then lock it again as he leaves?

“We live in divisive times.”
Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 21, 2016, 02:24:09 AM »

to bring some much needed levity to this thread...gf, who is paying the bills? Gary Usher and Stephen McParland...PTB (Paying The Bills) Productions Grin

Keep up the good work, dudes.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:22:26 AM by Bittersweet-Insanity » Logged
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 21, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »

As I am already "guilty" of contributing to this thread, I'll try to "atone" with my 2nd (and last here, I promise) post.
I am a "Brianista" (whatever that should mean), and have no plan to register in the PS board. Two are enough for me.
Said that, my humble plea to Charles, Billy and Craig: please lock this thread and let these matters rest. Everybody, by now, has read enough and knows enough to have made up their minds. As Billy said, let's cut the losses. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:21:13 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 22, 2016, 06:03:05 AM »

I will not have things that are not true told as the accurate version of events moving forward.

Huh

Me, still being patient.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:04:52 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: June 27, 2016, 08:17:34 PM »

It reached beyond rationality today. To read essentially that the truth doesn't matter, it is hitting a brick wall. If people out there choose to get involved in all of this with that kind of broken moral compass working as an admin of a new community, that's their choice. But the lies won't go unchallenged here, if they continue to appear.

There were some issues that have not been addressed, specific to the domain/hosting stuff. I can and will address them to put the period at the end of that sentence. What happened today took this into areas that defy logic and any reasons behind posting to a fan forum. It was good that it has been kept in the sandbox.

I said I would address the lingering questions that haven't been answered, so I will now. It's been enough time for anyone to answer, and no one has. So, here it is.

When a question is asked, and the answers given first are along the lines of "it's none of your business", a red flag goes up. It is no one's business what someone does at a live concert either, but somehow it became an issue here. And it was answered.

What I don't like is when someone lies. Or factoring in other possibilities, maybe the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, or paying for, regarding operating fan forums. That could be.

But the issue of "hiding" information? The claim that nothing is being hidden is a lie, or perhaps there is a miscommunication about what some people are paying for regarding web services. There is proof of this. Unless such a service suddenly became free for a fan message board's domain name.

Domain names are commodities, they are bought and sold and depending on the name in question, their value could be massive. There are actually speculators who try to predict trends and invest in dozens of domain names related to what they think may become a hot item in the future. Much like stocks or other traded commodities.

Anyone who secures and registers a domain name will have it listed in the directory. This is just like the old phone books, if you got a new phone number your information was published in your area's directory.

If you wanted what was called an "unlisted" number, you could pay extra for that service, and your name, number, and info would not appear in the public phone books.

Internet domain names are the same way. If you choose, and it is a choice and not a default setting, you can pay extra fees to have registration info hidden in the domain name databases and lists. You pay a fee, and instead of your own details and info on that listing, you'll see a proxy name and proxy contact info. Most often these are third party companies, who may or may not be connected to the actual web hosting services, but who will become your proxy registration information, for a fee.

Google something like "Domains By Proxy" for examples of how this works.

Whatever the case, it is not free.

And the question was, why is information being hidden. The answer was, nothing was being hidden. Nothing was being paid for along those lines.

And that was a lie. You cannot get those services for free. They cost extra, the companies who provide their info by proxy to be used in private listings are often third-party, for-profit companies.

So who's lying might be the new question. Because someone was, is, and will be paying an extra fee, no matter what that is, to hide information related to the registration and the URL domain name in this case.

Why? Anyone's guess. No one has given an honest answer, so the floor is open for that one.

But why deny it? Why lie that the extra fee and service of masking info behind a proxy for hire was being done, when it is actually being done?

I think there are something like 300 million web domains active today, possibly more since it's an election year in the US. I've heard estimates that 10 million of the domain owners have the proxy privacy option in place, most of them for corporate or political reasons, as in trying to mask the PAC or funding behind a smear campaign website, or protect corporate interests from competitors. Just an FYI.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 27, 2016, 09:01:05 PM »

Let. It. Die.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: June 27, 2016, 10:45:43 PM »

Let. It. Die.

If it had been answered honestly when the question was originally asked, it would have died several weeks ago. I said I would comment on it, some were asking me about it, so I just laid it out. If you don't like it, don't read it or comment on it - just ignore it. Simple as that.

Since I was asked for specifics to clarify, there they are.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2016, 11:06:55 PM »

The question should never have been asked in the first place.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: June 27, 2016, 11:33:59 PM »

The question should never have been asked in the first place.

Which question? The ones asking about me posting about buying a beer at upcoming concerts affecting my ability to moderate a fan forum? Whether I had accepted or was accepting gifts or other forms of payment for moderating forums? The ones about me bullying other moderators here and the board owner into making decisions? The ones about me banning people out of spite? The ones being raised about people's private lives and their children?

I agree, those questions should never have been asked. You could/should have taken it up with the people asking that stuff originally and helped end it all long before this. You chose otherwise. So if this bothers you for the same reasons you posted what you directed at me in the AGD ban forum complete with eye-roll smiley emoji (  Roll Eyes ), just ignore it. I could care less at this point.

I was asked to clarify some comments, and I did. Now it's on the table. The answer originally given was that nothing was being hidden, nothing was being paid to hide it, and that is blatantly false. Simple as that.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2016, 11:51:14 PM »

The question I refer to is about the pet sounds forum, and who "plays the bills". You and I both know that was what I was referring to. The financial aspects of any and all message boards beside this one should be of no concern to us. We do not have the right to ask details of such matters.

Why the attack on me, all of a sudden? Have I said anything to offend you?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: June 28, 2016, 12:05:47 AM »

If someone asking who pays the bills and pointing out blatant lies upsets you more than people lying right to your face, I'd say your choice of what to challenge and object to is hard to understand.

And maybe I also don't understand why this challenge you posted about 'who pays the bills' while you remained silent as people made my comments about buying beer at concerts and asking if I accepted any gifts for moderating fan forums into issues to be challenged publicly. Was it "their business" to ask those questions of me?

If what any of us do at a concert totally unrelated to this board and a matter of privacy above all is open for questioning, then so is asking who is paying the bills for a new fan forum and why are they paying to hide the registration information.

A lot of people already got duped, misled, and lied to coming from a source of personal grudges rather than the desire to tell the truth. Maybe I don't want to see that happen again, whether or not you may have been one of those duped into believing things that weren't true.

There were fees paid to keep information hidden, and when asked about it, those answering lied instead of telling the truth. Simple as that.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 28, 2016, 12:34:22 AM »

What we've got here, is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach....so, you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it! N' I don't like it any more than you men.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 28, 2016, 06:54:04 AM »

Craig, you are making some pretty strong accusations.  What is your proof that this is being hidden and that one of these services were used, for whatever reason, to hide it?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: June 28, 2016, 07:20:03 AM »

Craig, you are making some pretty strong accusations.  What is your proof that this is being hidden and that one of these services were used, for whatever reason, to hide it?

The equivalent of picking up the phone book. If you work or have worked with setting up and registering/buying domain names in the recent past, you know the process.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2016, 08:20:43 AM »

The equivalent of picking up the phone book. If you work or have worked with setting up and registering/buying domain names in the recent past, you know the process.

So could you show the actual "phone book" "listing" that is your proof, for those of us who don't know the process?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: June 28, 2016, 08:26:39 AM »

So could you show the actual "phone book" "listing" that is your proof, for those of us who don't know the process?

Put this into your search engine:  ICANN WHOIS

That's the phone book.

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 28, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »

That's the phone book.

It's like frikkin' Fox News:  Tell a lie. Repeat it incessantly.  When anyone challenges, accuse them of being "paranoid,"  a "conspiracy theorist," whatever. 

One of the primary liars involved in all of this announced publicly on this board that I had complained to the SS mods about him, probably about a year ago(?)  I didn't even remember who he was.  I actually wondered if I had off-handedly mentioned him in an unofficial chat with a mod.  I knew I never officially complained.  I checked with the mods.  There was never a discussion about him - so there wasn't even a grey area in all of this.  He made the whole thing up for whatever reason served his purposes.  There are some serious liars posting here and elsewhere.  I guess it's your choice whether you believe them or not.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: June 28, 2016, 10:07:45 AM »

That's the phone book.

It's like frikkin' Fox News:  Tell a lie. Repeat it incessantly.  When anyone challenges, accuse them of being "paranoid,"  a "conspiracy theorist," whatever. 

One of the primary liars involved in all of this announced publicly on this board that I had complained to the SS mods about him, probably about a year ago(?)  I didn't even remember who he was.  I actually wondered if I had off-handedly mentioned him in an unofficial chat with a mod.  I knew I never officially complained.  I checked with the mods.  There was never a discussion about him - so there wasn't even a grey area in all of this.  He made the whole thing up for whatever reason served his purposes.  There are some serious liars posting here and elsewhere.  I guess it's your choice whether you believe them or not.

I can personally vouch that the above statement is true.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: June 28, 2016, 10:13:12 AM »

I agree, those questions should never have been asked. You could/should have taken it up with the people asking that stuff originally and helped end it all long before this. You chose otherwise.

Have to play devils advocate,  but how do you know he didn't?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: June 28, 2016, 10:25:20 AM »

I agree, those questions should never have been asked. You could/should have taken it up with the people asking that stuff originally and helped end it all long before this. You chose otherwise.

Show me where it happened. I got eye-rolling emojis after Doe was banned and challenges after asking who pays the bills, while months of lies and complete crap directed at me personally went by without comment or went unchecked. I just go with what showed up on the board. And what I see is one-sided, selective criticism. Where were the calls to "let it die" when people were lying since last year?

If even one call was posted to 'stop the lying', maybe it would be different. But lies and liars get a free pass, while asking questions gets calls to let it die and "lock it down"? It doesn't work that way.

And the lies are still being told, if anyone cares about being lied to. See the above.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: June 28, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »

Show me where it happened. I got eye-rolling emojis after Doe was banned and challenges after asking who pays the bills, while months of lies and complete crap directed at me personally went by without comment or went unchecked. I just go with what showed up on the board. And what I see is one-sided, selective criticism. Where were the calls to "let it die" when people were lying since last year?

If even one call was posted to 'stop the lying', maybe it would be different. But lies and liars get a free pass, while asking questions gets calls to let it die and "lock it down"? It doesn't work that way.
Just going through post history (and not bringing up pms, facebook messages, emails, phone conversations, or anything else not visible here) ? Soon as I'm discharged and can use my laptop rather than this lame phone I'll definitely go through all of it.
Might be better though if he explains what he meant rather than me.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:57:33 AM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 28, 2016, 11:05:57 AM »

If even one call was posted to 'stop the lying', maybe it would be different. But lies and liars get a free pass, while asking questions gets calls to let it die

Because the questions you are asking are, frankly, none of your Damn business.What does or doesn't happen on a board which you are no part of is none of your concern, plain and simple. Whatever lies and misinformation goes on there is on the heads of the so called liers. Once it leaves this board, it is not your crusade nor mine, or billy's, or any other board member.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: