-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297872 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2016, 06:39:26 AM »

It turned into this, and unless there was a special freebie deal going the day it was registered, the normal fees and charges put on anyone who registers a domain through popular hosting companies would say this isn't accurate if certain options are chosen. Usually a third-party service's options have to be selected and approved, and are not defaulted into a package deal.

Does it matter? In the grand scheme, probably not. But why duck and dodge over such a damned simple question and issue? Maybe one party didn't know what the other party had done, but why not clarify it first instead of ducking and denying?

Speaking of ducking and dodging and denying, Bubbly & Dirk have answered your incessant questions about the origin of the board and who is footing the bills.

Unless you want to detail here the "truth" you seem to have up your sleeve, enough of calling people bullshitters and liars about the how the page got off the ground.  Your comments & name calling are far from classy, and until you elaborate on your comments, baseless.

Suggest you focus on your strengths and get back to talking about the music, Craig - this thread was relatively quiet for a few days until you started sh*t stirring again.

You're wrong, Alan. I didn't bring it up. The thread was quiet until Cam, then Dirk brought it up 3 days after the last post on the issue. Read the posts - No one mentioned it since June 15th until Cam and Dirk brought it up. So don't blame me yet again for doing something I did not do. If there are comments made, I will address them.

You want to tell me about "classy" while welcoming certain people back with open arms and a clean slate? Don't even go there considering what's happened and what has been done and said.

I also have been talking "about the music" when it seems like an inordinate amount of posters who supposedly took up residence at the other forum have been coming back to Smiley Smile to post mostly about this stuff rather than talk about the music.  Don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining, Alan.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2016, 06:42:12 AM »

Craig, you've always been very nice to me and I've enjoyed reading your posts in the past, so this is in no way personal, but don't you think this all might be a bit much? There doesn't seem to be any evidence of anything shady going on (other than perhaps the SS member Shady, who has been rather suspiciously absent from this discussion); it's just a couple of people deciding to create a new message board. It is completely free to host a basic board on ProBoards. I looked into it (and created zachrwolfe.freeboards.net, feel free to join guys Tongue), seems there are two paid additions that jump out at me as being something Dirk and Rob probably opted to get: you can add a custom domain name for $13.99, and you can get 50 000 ad free views for $8.00. Domain names typically go for between $10 and $20 per year from a registrar. Dirk likely lumped the cost of the domain name registration and DNS together, reasonably jiving with the ballpark given upthread. The ad removal could have been covered by Rob alone unbeknownst to drBB, or I think I remember there being some sort of crowd-funding feature where users of ProBoards forums can donate in order to keep their boards ad-free. Nothing being hidden at all, by my estimation. Smiley

Zach, you didn't hit on it yet.  Smiley  If I also had not been involved previously in setting up sites, domains, etc myself, I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2016, 06:45:16 AM »

Cam asked about sending PM's...I did get those. Do you expect me to act alone and either make a decision or comment, or wait for Billy and Charles to weigh in as well? I'd rather follow the procedure and wait for when Billy and Charles have a chance to discuss it. Did you send it to them too?

You could have just straightforwardly answered yes to the original question in the thread and done the rest by PM.

I did not send it to Charles because the current procedure as posted is to first send it to you and Billie, which I have done, and you should be able to confirm that by my posts in your inbox I assume. In light of past problems with notification and Bccing, I expect acknowledgment of receipt from all those required in the procedure (not just half), especially when specifically requested. Now that we all know the system is working I trust those who need to will finally weigh in and the procedure will be followed eventually as best it can be to the Mods' abilities.  Thanks.

Do you think I was unaware of what this was/is when I replied?

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2016, 07:07:38 AM »

Cam asked about sending PM's...I did get those. Do you expect me to act alone and either make a decision or comment, or wait for Billy and Charles to weigh in as well? I'd rather follow the procedure and wait for when Billy and Charles have a chance to discuss it. Did you send it to them too?

You could have just straightforwardly answered yes to the original question in the thread and done the rest by PM.

I did not send it to Charles because the current procedure as posted is to first send it to you and Billie, which I have done, and you should be able to confirm that by my posts in your inbox I assume. In light of past problems with notification and Bccing, I expect acknowledgment of receipt from all those required in the procedure (not just half), especially when specifically requested. Now that we all know the system is working I trust those who need to will finally weigh in and the procedure will be followed eventually as best it can be to the Mods' abilities.  Thanks.

Since you didn't answer my first question and you had not even replied to previous direct requests by PM as to whether you had received my PMs, yes, I thought you were unaware and had no way to know otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:26:09 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: June 20, 2016, 07:28:57 AM »

Since you didn't my answer my first question and you had not even replied to previous direct requests by PM as to whether you had recieved my PMs, yes, I thought you were unaware and had no way to know otherwise.

Cam, I'd suggest either being more patient or giving it a rest. I also didn't reply to all of your messages because Billy had already been replying to you, and unfortunately I had no way of knowing what he said to you because I didn't get the replies you got, but I'm assuming he updated you on his end based on your replies to him. If you had already been in a dialogue with a mod, I don't know what you expected me to say when I wasn't getting or seeing the replies and when your messages were already being addressed by a moderator.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 20, 2016, 09:00:43 AM »

It turned into this, and unless there was a special freebie deal going the day it was registered, the normal fees and charges put on anyone who registers a domain through popular hosting companies would say this isn't accurate if certain options are chosen. Usually a third-party service's options have to be selected and approved, and are not defaulted into a package deal.

Does it matter? In the grand scheme, probably not. But why duck and dodge over such a damned simple question and issue? Maybe one party didn't know what the other party had done, but why not clarify it first instead of ducking and denying?

Speaking of ducking and dodging and denying, Bubbly & Dirk have answered your incessant questions about the origin of the board and who is footing the bills.

Unless you want to detail here the "truth" you seem to have up your sleeve, enough of calling people bullshitters and liars about the how the page got off the ground.  Your comments & name calling are far from classy, and until you elaborate on your comments, baseless.

Suggest you focus on your strengths and get back to talking about the music, Craig - this thread was relatively quiet for a few days until you started sh*t stirring again.

You're wrong, Alan. I didn't bring it up. The thread was quiet until Cam, then Dirk brought it up 3 days after the last post on the issue. Read the posts - No one mentioned it since June 15th until Cam and Dirk brought it up. So don't blame me yet again for doing something I did not do. If there are comments made, I will address them.

You want to tell me about "classy" while welcoming certain people back with open arms and a clean slate? Don't even go there considering what's happened and what has been done and said.

I also have been talking "about the music" when it seems like an inordinate amount of posters who supposedly took up residence at the other forum have been coming back to Smiley Smile to post mostly about this stuff rather than talk about the music.  Don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining, Alan.
You did bring it up on June 15th. I answered your question on June 19th in post #282. That should have been the end of it, but of course you never let things go, so we had hash and re-hash all day yesterday and over something that is frankly, none of your business. The amount that was paid, whether it was $5 or $5,000 is no concern to anyone but Rob and myself. You need to get off that high horse you are riding, retreat from the crusade that you have started and get back to what you came here to do in the first place, moderate. Every time I see your name anymore, the first thing that comes to mind is that old 1980 Linda Ronstadt song, "I Can't Let Go". Please, do your self and everyone in here a favor; just let it go. You'll feel much better, I promise.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 20, 2016, 09:09:37 AM »

Hmmm, this guy posts more over here than he does on his own board. Things must be slow over there with not very much to do but keep coming home again.  LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 20, 2016, 09:17:52 AM »

Hmmm, this guy posts more over here than he does on his own board. Things must be slow over there with not very much to do but keep coming home again.  LOL
Go tell your concert & drinking buddy to knock it off, then. I just told Rob McCabe on Facebook Messenger that if Craig stops his crusade, then I'll stop posting in here. So, go convince him and you get rid of me. It's a win-win for everyone involved. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:25:54 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: June 20, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »

You did bring it up on June 15th. I answered your question on June 19th in post #282. That should have been the end of it, but of course you never let things go, so we had hash and re-hash all day yesterday and over something that is frankly, none of your business. The amount that was paid, whether it was $5 or $5,000 is no concern to anyone but Rob and myself. You need to get off that high horse you are riding, retreat from the crusade that you have started and get back to what you came here to do in the first place, moderate. Every time I see your name anymore, the first thing that comes to mind is that old 1980 Linda Ronstadt song, "I Can't Let Go". Please, do your self and everyone in here a favor; just let it go. You'll feel much better, I promise.

So the phrase is "let it go"? I'd throw that right back at you, Doc, and make it retroactive going back however long you've been hammering away at all these "issues" of yours.

In case you forgot, this is what you posted:

You know Craig, if you did absolutely nothing wrong in your moderating duties, your posts in here sure sound like a different story. It sounds more like you are trying to convince yourself, along with the membership. You seem threatened by our existence. None of us want you to feel threatened. Be happy that you now have this board exactly how you want it. All the undesirables are gone and out of your sight. We did you a favor. Now, you don't have worry about posts that you disagree with or people sneaking in here anymore. Rejoice and be happy. You now have the place that you envisioned when you took on your duties.

I know, you will respond with "Bullshit". Oh, well.

Talk about letting it go, I'll ask point blank and directly: Have you chosen to ignore or dismiss everything that anyone involved in moderating this board has said? You are still pushing this bullshit (yes, I'll use that word again because it applies) and suggesting I somehow steamrolled into this moderating gig and took over the whole thing. It's a lie similar to what some who were banned have said and were trying to sell to people on multiple forums. According to that nonsense, every decision that was made, every ban, warning, and all else was initiated by me and me alone in order to create the board how I wanted it. Everything done by the moderators was in lock step with how I envisioned this board, and according to what you have been insisting for several months up to your post above, it was part of my grand scheme to shape the board and dictate how it would exist.

At what point, Doc, will you shut the hell up about this and stop lying?

Beyond the obvious, what you're suggesting here isn't just a lie, it's an insult to the other moderators who have been on the job since I joined, and up to the present day a direct 'f*** you' to both Billy and Charles since you obviously took nothing from what they have said. If you are suggesting I'm responsible for all of these decisions, and have somehow taken control over the board, you are still ignoring what Billy has said as recently as the past week, and what Charles, Billy, Klaas, and myself have been saying since lat year when this same chickenshit "campaign" and the related lying started popping up. Sourced, for the record, by people currently banned from this forum yet welcomed back openly and warmly on your forum.

If you want to come here and lie, if you want to come here and continue insulting the people whom you claim to respect, and continue pushing this bullshit of yours that I'm running roughshod over the whole operation, in spite of being told directly that you were full of sh*t by those actually involved, then you will get a reply and a challenge.

In this case, stop the bullshit.

And if there is nothing to hide, why hide it?

Let it go, indeed. How about accepting the truth for once instead of pushing lies that were dismissed months ago? Keep chasing those windmills, Quixote.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: June 20, 2016, 09:45:34 AM »

Hmmm, this guy posts more over here than he does on his own board. Things must be slow over there with not very much to do but keep coming home again.  LOL
Go tell your concert & drinking buddy to knock it off, then. I just told Rob McCabe on Facebook Messenger that if Craig stops his crusade, then I'll stop posting in here. So, go convince him and you get rid of me. It's a win-win for everyone involved. Smiley

More proof that you lack both the character and ability to administer and run anything, let alone a fan community.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 20, 2016, 10:06:52 AM »

Unless you want to detail here the "truth" you seem to have up your sleeve, enough of calling people bullshitters and liars about the how the page got off the ground.  Your comments & name calling are far from classy, and until you elaborate on your comments, baseless.

I also have been talking "about the music" when it seems like an inordinate amount of posters who supposedly took up residence at the other forum have been coming back to Smiley Smile to post mostly about this stuff rather than talk about the music.  Don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining, Alan.

So the phrase is "let it go"? I'd throw that right back at you, Doc, and make it retroactive going back however long you've been hammering away at all these "issues" of yours.

In case you forgot, this is what you posted:

You know Craig, if you did absolutely nothing wrong in your moderating duties, your posts in here sure sound like a different story. It sounds more like you are trying to convince yourself, along with the membership. You seem threatened by our existence. None of us want you to feel threatened. Be happy that you now have this board exactly how you want it. All the undesirables are gone and out of your sight. We did you a favor. Now, you don't have worry about posts that you disagree with or people sneaking in here anymore. Rejoice and be happy. You now have the place that you envisioned when you took on your duties.

I know, you will respond with "Bullshit". Oh, well.

Talk about letting it go, I'll ask point blank and directly: Have you chosen to ignore or dismiss everything that anyone involved in moderating this board has said? You are still pushing this bullshit (yes, I'll use that word again because it applies) and suggesting I somehow steamrolled into this moderating gig and took over the whole thing. It's a lie similar to what some who were banned have said and were trying to sell to people on multiple forums. According to that nonsense, every decision that was made, every ban, warning, and all else was initiated by me and me alone in order to create the board how I wanted it. Everything done by the moderators was in lock step with how I envisioned this board, and according to what you have been insisting for several months up to your post above, it was part of my grand scheme to shape the board and dictate how it would exist.

At what point, Doc, will you shut the hell up about this and stop lying?

Beyond the obvious, what you're suggesting here isn't just a lie, it's an insult to the other moderators who have been on the job since I joined, and up to the present day a direct 'f*** you' to both Billy and Charles since you obviously took nothing from what they have said. If you are suggesting I'm responsible for all of these decisions, and have somehow taken control over the board, you are still ignoring what Billy has said as recently as the past week, and what Charles, Billy, Klaas, and myself have been saying since lat year when this same chickenshit "campaign" and the related lying started popping up. Sourced, for the record, by people currently banned from this forum yet welcomed back openly and warmly on your forum.

If you want to come here and lie, if you want to come here and continue insulting the people whom you claim to respect, and continue pushing this bullshit of yours that I'm running roughshod over the whole operation, in spite of being told directly that you were full of sh*t by those actually involved, then you will get a reply and a challenge.

In this case, stop the bullshit.

And if there is nothing to hide, why hide it?

Let it go, indeed. How about accepting the truth for once instead of pushing lies that were dismissed months ago? Keep chasing those windmills, Quixote.
I don't friggin' care. Don't you get it? I will never change with what I think happened in here and you will never convince me otherwise. So, let - it - go.

Just remember this; all that has happened in here, happened under your watch. Your decision making, along with Billy and Chuck directed all that has happened in here over the past year or so. You guys made your decisions, so now live with them.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 20, 2016, 10:10:22 AM »

Hmmm, this guy posts more over here than he does on his own board. Things must be slow over there with not very much to do but keep coming home again.  LOL

More proof that you lack both the character and ability to administer and run anything, let alone a fan community.
It is your people coming to and at me. I didn't contact either of them. Boy, the pot calling the kettle black. You suck as a moderator and you have been at it a lot longer than I have. What is your excuse for being lousy? I know, because you can't let go. Beat it to death, brother!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: June 20, 2016, 10:17:27 AM »

It is your people coming to and at me. I didn't contact either of them. Boy, the pot calling the kettle black. You suck as a moderator and you have been at it a lot longer than I have. What is your excuse for being lousy? I know, because you can't let go. Beat it to death, brother!

Whatever you think about me as a moderator, I don't lie. You can't say the same about yourself, so enjoy carrying around that burden.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 20, 2016, 10:21:16 AM »

Whatever you think about me as a moderator, I don't lie. You can't say the same about yourself, so enjoy carrying around that burden.
My conscience is clear. The fact that you can't let go tells me that your grasping.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: June 20, 2016, 10:22:24 AM »

I don't friggin' care. Don't you get it? I will never change with what I think happened in here and you will never convince me otherwise. So, let - it - go.

Just remember this; all that has happened in here, happened under your watch. Your decision making, along with Billy and Chuck directed all that has happened in here over the past year or so. You guys made your decisions, so now live with them.

"I will never change with what I think happened in here and you will never convince me otherwise."

You just told everyone that hearing and being told the truth, repeatedly by people you claim to respect, means nothing to you if it contradicts what you want to believe. If that's the kind of integrity and character you bring to the table, you're not fit to be an administrator of anything or anyone.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2016, 10:32:40 AM »

My conscience is clear. The fact that you can't let go tells me that your grasping.

If you can't grasp what is the truth versus what are lies, it's easy to tell everyone, and convince yourself, that you have a clear conscience. To truly have a clear conscience you first need to have integrity and honesty, and in your case you've been coming up empty on both counts. If you insist on believing and repeating what you want to believe is true, in spite of being told you're wrong, you must have no integrity beneath that self-proclaimed clear conscience. Whatever the case, if you're going to administer a community of people and fans and not be willing to accept the truth, you're unfit for the job. Unless dishonesty and lack of integrity will be the order of the day moving forward.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: June 20, 2016, 10:36:07 AM »

"I will never change with what I think happened in here and you will never convince me otherwise."

ou just told everyone that hearing and being told the truth, repeatedly by people you claim to respect, means nothing to you if it contradicts what you want to believe.

It came across to me like that as well. For all the talk about Craig supposedly being unable to admit he is wrong, that post above shows the exact same attitude. Pot, kettle, black and all that.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2016, 11:50:04 AM »

Guys, Guys, Guys! Seriously, what's done is done. No amount of calling each other out about who is right and who's wrong is going to change a thing. It is done. We cannot change what happened and we all have to live with the aftermath. It is what it is and cannot be undone. Craig, the fact you cannot accept that not everyone accepts the truth through your side of the looking glass tells me all I need I ever need to know about your decision making. If what has transpired between you and I is any indication, Billy & Chuck didn't stand a chance of seeing things in any other way but your own.

Remember Billy, there are two sides to every story. I now have heard from both sides and I will stand by my own decisions and conscience. I never said that you had to agree with it and truth be told, if Craig had just let things go, we wouldn't even be discussing this now. I really don't care what any of you think of me personally. I have my own thoughts about you guys and about what you think is important and what you don't. There are certainly many more things that are more important than the two boards. I have a family, friends and a job that depend on me to be there giving my best effort. Wasting my time here when I should be doing more important activities is all I can take away from a day and a half of fruitless arguing. I suggest you guys get back to the important things in your lives, as well.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »

Guys, Guys, Guys! Seriously, what's done is done. No amount of calling each other out about who is right and who's wrong is going to change a thing. It is done. We cannot change what happened and we all have to live with the aftermath. It is what it is and cannot be undone. Craig, the fact you cannot accept that not everyone accepts the truth through your side of the looking glass tells me all I need I ever need to know about your decision making. If what has transpired between you and I is any indication, Billy & Chuck didn't stand a chance of seeing things in any other way but your own.

Remember Billy, there are two sides to every story. I now have heard from both sides and I will stand by my own decisions and conscience. I never said that you had to agree with it and truth be told, if Craig had just let things go, we wouldn't even be discussing this now. I really don't care what any of you think of me personally. I have my own thoughts about you guys and about what you think is important and what you don't. There are certainly many more things that are more important than the two boards. I have a family, friends and a job that depend on me to be there giving my best effort. Wasting my time here when I should be doing more important activities is all I can take away from a day and a half of fruitless arguing. I suggest you guys get back to the important things in your lives, as well.

Now you're suggesting I bullied Billy and Chuck, or forced them to act or think a certain way? That's your version of the truth, so no matter what Billy and Chuck might say, you're not going to believe them, unless it fits your own version of events?

You can't see the truth as told by the people directly involved, and only want to believe and repeat whatever you think is the truth. So it's whatever you think and hope happened, versus what the only people involved say has actually happened.

Truly pathetic, especially for someone who will be administrating and moderating a community of fans. No conscience, no honesty, just rigid belief in whatever lies or untruths you want to believe, despite everyone involved repeatedly proving to you that you're wrong.

There it is, the administration of the new forum. Truth and facts don't matter at all, no matter who is telling them, especially if the truth and facts don't support his agenda.

Sick sh*t, man.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2016, 01:39:48 PM »

Now you're suggesting I bullied Billy and Chuck, or forced them to act or think a certain way? That's your version of the truth, so no matter what Billy and Chuck might say, you're not going to believe them, unless it fits your own version of events?

You can't see the truth as told by the people directly involved, and only want to believe and repeat whatever you think is the truth. So it's whatever you think and hope happened, versus what the only people involved say has actually happened.

Truly pathetic, especially for someone who will be administrating and moderating a community of fans. No conscience, no honesty, just rigid belief in whatever lies or untruths you want to believe, despite everyone involved repeatedly proving to you that you're wrong.

There it is, the administration of the new forum. Truth and facts don't matter at all, no matter who is telling them, especially if the truth and facts don't support his agenda.

Sick sh*t, man.

You are not well. Please seek help. Worry about yourself, not me. I am a big boy and can handle what comes my way, but I am concerned that you haven't been able to do the same. Find some peace and get on with life. I swear, you will feel better, honest.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:40:33 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: June 20, 2016, 01:44:54 PM »

*Nobody* bullied me or coerces me to do anything. And the idea of the board owner being bullied is downright ludicrious.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: June 20, 2016, 01:55:19 PM »

Dirk / Dr. Beach Boy doesn't believe you, Billy. Despite not being involved, he knows exactly what happened, apparently, and is still telling everyone what happened based on what he either wants to be true or wants to convince others (or himself) is true. I bullied everyone, including you and the board's owner Charles, into making this board into what I envisioned when I became a moderator. That's his version of the truth.

He's already said nothing any of us will say would matter, he's already convinced.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: June 20, 2016, 02:07:31 PM »

I realize it's totally plausible and acceptable that if someone wants to be on this board and post only in the "Sandbox", that's cool if that's their thing.

But if one's posting history shows almost a month now of posts solely and exclusively in the "Sandbox", most or all of which are argumentative or somehow participating in some sort of debate or argument (and nearly if not entirely exclusive *about* the board and drama), then perhaps *that* is the person that needs to "let it go."

There's only one person now posting in this thread who has not posted a single post outside of the Sandbox in nearly a month, and who appears to be here solely to argue (while ironically telling others to "let it go" and move on, etc.), and that person is not a Mod or Admin on this board.

I can understand that if someone wants to be on a board and talk about a band (or whatever the topic is), then furthering an off-topic debate to fight for the life of the board or fight for a direction you want the board to take might make some sort of sense. But when you've left a board, washed your hands of it, and become a figure at another board formed directly as a result of ill feelings about the former board, and you continue to post to the former board, punctuated often with protests asking *other* people to "let it go", then, well, it speaks for itself.

It's not fair, in my opinion, to participate in the acrimony on a board you've seemingly otherwise left, and then move to another board; a board which regularly laments (however directly or indirectly) how some "other" board is full of drama.

The other new board is in the new relationship phase like any relationship. You break up, find someone else, and then you can start fresh and all of your old stories and conversation topics are all of a sudden fresh and not everyone else seems to find them repetitive and boring. Your new partner hasn't heard the "other" side of the stories about your past breakups. You can restart with "favorite albums" threads and start topics posing questions that have been asked and answered on numerous other boards over the years. Also, much like a new relationship, there is the potential to continue to contribute to the acrimony of a previous failed relationship while complaining to your new partner how sour and awful the old relationship was. I'm sure a lot of people write to their exes over and over just to tell them to "get over it" and telling them to stop communicating. "Dear Susie, I just wanted to write to let you know that you should stop reading my messages." Those ironies persist in many types of relationships.

Perhaps this thread can be closed, and then it will take someone going way out of their way to start drama in order for this all to pick up again.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:08:17 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: June 20, 2016, 02:13:16 PM »

But if one's posting history shows almost a month now of posts solely and exclusively in the "Sandbox", most or all of which are argumentative or somehow participating in some sort of debate or argument (and nearly if not entirely exclusive *about* the board and drama), then perhaps *that* is the person that needs to "let it go."

Agreed.

Perhaps this thread can be closed, and then it will take someone going way out of their way to start drama in order for this all to pick up again.

Also agreed. Craig, do you agree as well?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2016, 02:25:33 PM »

I will not have things that are not true told as the accurate version of events moving forward. It played out today that there is an absolute refusal on Dr BB's part to accept or even acknowledge that what he has been telling everyone is simply not supported by the facts. If he continues to lie, and if the lies revolve around making statements about me or what I did that are not true, I should at least have the opportunity to challenge. At this point it has also reached a point where Charles and Billy have been called into question, with suggestions they were bullied, and what they have said on the matter means nothing in favor of the opinions held and broadcast by Dr BB and others. The charges of bullying are absolutely, positively false and ridiculous. If the person or persons spreading those lies continues to do so, there has to be an outlet to challenge them with the facts. That is my reservation about closing this down. If it's closed down, the lies will continue to stand as fact and any attempts to start a new discussion in defense of or in a challenge to the lies (and the liars) will be called out as stirring the sh*t or prolonging matters, with the related calls to "let it go".

Bottom line: Dirk/Dr BB is simply not telling the truth. I don't know how much more clear that point could be.

Once a few items are clarified, I'd like to see this end too. But not just for the sake of ending it, especially while the lies are still being spread around.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: