-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:32:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297791 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2016, 10:52:10 AM »

Let me rephrase that, the reply must have gotten lost in the quote function:

What?

Who is playing the bills? And following up on that, why hide it?

When on an iPad, when there are two or more quoted posts, for some reason the cursor only goes to the end of the first quote in the Quick Reply box.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »

Does the same thing with my phone. ..drives me nuts

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2016, 11:01:59 AM »

Regarding the other issues, I will get around to replying to the earlier messages.

Related to knowing or not knowing something, what I will say is that as recently as the past weekend there have been outright lies posted to your forum, Doc. But I might not expect them to be spotted, so we can leave that up to you and your team of "Super Moderators" to suss that one out.

Am I surprised to see it on the new board? No. We've had over a decade of impeccable sources and those in the know who turned out to be full of it. Do I blame anyone who may not have a clue and is participating for the sake of joining a new board? Absolutely not. But it is worth noting that lies are still being posted, and it's something that is kind of upsetting but not surprising.

Is this how we are going to operate from this point forward? Having spies and calling each other out when someone posts something we don't like? I am not your policeman and I will not be responding to anything. We will take care of our own board, as you should take care of your own. You looking to become a Moderator at our board too?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 19, 2016, 11:03:28 AM »

Does the same thing with my phone. ..drives me nuts
Thanks, Billy! Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: June 19, 2016, 11:07:56 AM »

Regarding the other issues, I will get around to replying to the earlier messages.

Related to knowing or not knowing something, what I will say is that as recently as the past weekend there have been outright lies posted to your forum, Doc. But I might not expect them to be spotted, so we can leave that up to you and your team of "Super Moderators" to suss that one out.

Am I surprised to see it on the new board? No. We've had over a decade of impeccable sources and those in the know who turned out to be full of it. Do I blame anyone who may not have a clue and is participating for the sake of joining a new board? Absolutely not. But it is worth noting that lies are still being posted, and it's something that is kind of upsetting but not surprising.

Is this how we are going to operate from this point forward? Having spies and calling each other out when someone posts something we don't like? I am not your policeman and I will not be responding to anything. We will take care of our own board, as you should take care of your own. You looking to become a Moderator at our board too?

Nope, no interest at all. I'm just looking for some honesty and transparency so people reading and getting involved know what's going on. If it's a simple answer to the question who is paying the bills, why pay to hide it?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 19, 2016, 11:24:01 AM »

Nope, no interest at all. I'm just looking for some honesty and transparency so people reading and getting involved know what's going on. If it's a simple answer to the question who is paying the bills, why pay to hide it?
What are you talking about, "why pay to hide it"? Not one person who joined has asked anyone on staff how much we paid. Does everyone who walks in your home ask you how much you pay for your mortgage or rent? Transparency only comes into play when you ask people to pay. I don't ask for donations and I am pretty sure that their tax dollars are not being used to subsidize the forum.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 11:25:56 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2016, 11:49:18 AM »

What are you talking about, "why pay to hide it"? Not one person who joined has asked anyone on staff how much we paid. Does everyone who walks in your home ask you how much you pay for your mortgage or rent? Transparency only comes into play when you ask people to pay. I don't ask for donations and I am pretty sure that their tax dollars are not being used to subsidize the forum.

Again, a simple question and follow up. Who pays the bills, and why pay to hide it?

Let's review a few things. On the issue of asking or not asking things, not to mention their relevancy to whatever is relevant...

We saw "B.W." post a link to my profile page on the Brian Wilson forum. For what purpose? How relevant was that to anything? Who pays the bills.

We saw various lies and outright bullshit about both me and this forum posted to BBB, Hoffman, and other places too. In the case of BBB, whoever the admin is stepped in and shut it down this week after Charles Lepage posted a reply. Their business, right? Ask why, who, and how.

I was challenged on when and how I became a moderator elsewhere. I gave the exact date. I was challenged on whether there were any gifts given, anything paid to me for doing it, I replied no, and that is the truth. How relevant is that to anything?

I was challenged based on a post I made about buying a beer for someone at a future show. That was twisted into the reasons why certain decisions were made or not made, and a complete load of bullshit. Again, bullshit posted here, on BBB, and on Hoffman. How relevant is that to anything?

I was challenged on who my "source" was in the middle of a debate about something related to Smile, not just challenged but it was demanded. How about if we flip that around and challenge all of those impeccable and indisputable sources who claimed all kinds of complete bullshit including which current board member was *really* Melinda Wilson or Carole Kaye posting as an alias? Impeccable sources my ass. So how demanding my "source" relevant, and why was it an issue when it was something Domenic Priore published years ago and anyone could access it? Different standards?

So now, I'm asking the questions. If all of that crap was relevant to talking about the music, if all of that crap and the people who have now been admonished and warned on two separate forums (BBB and Hoffman) have been posting is relevant to anything, then I get to ask these. Be honest, be transparent as was demanded of me on everything from linking to my account on another board, to accepting payments and gifts, to buying beer to whatever else these people were demanding I reveal...so the talk can get back to being 'all about the music' perhaps...

Who is paying the bills. Why pay to hide it. Simple as that. No bullshit, Doc.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2016, 12:04:19 PM »

We saw "B.W." post a link to my profile page on the Brian Wilson forum. For what purpose? How relevant was that to anything?

It was pretty relevant. Someone mentioned reading you were a moderator at the Brian Wilson board but not being sure. Someone else asked if it was true. Here's the link, for anyone who would like to see: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23778.msg576253.html#msg576253

Thanks for asking.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2016, 12:23:07 PM »

Again, a simple question and follow up. Who pays the bills, and why pay to hide it?

Let's review a few things. On the issue of asking or not asking things, not to mention their relevancy to whatever is relevant...

We saw "B.W." post a link to my profile page on the Brian Wilson forum. For what purpose? How relevant was that to anything? Who pays the bills.

We saw various lies and outright bullshit about both me and this forum posted to BBB, Hoffman, and other places too. In the case of BBB, whoever the admin is stepped in and shut it down this week after Charles Lepage posted a reply. Their business, right? Ask why, who, and how.

I was challenged on when and how I became a moderator elsewhere. I gave the exact date. I was challenged on whether there were any gifts given, anything paid to me for doing it, I replied no, and that is the truth. How relevant is that to anything?

I was challenged based on a post I made about buying a beer for someone at a future show. That was twisted into the reasons why certain decisions were made or not made, and a complete load of bullshit. Again, bullshit posted here, on BBB, and on Hoffman. How relevant is that to anything?

I was challenged on who my "source" was in the middle of a debate about something related to Smile, not just challenged but it was demanded. How about if we flip that around and challenge all of those impeccable and indisputable sources who claimed all kinds of complete bullshit including which current board member was *really* Melinda Wilson or Carole Kaye posting as an alias? Impeccable sources my ass. So how demanding my "source" relevant, and why was it an issue when it was something Domenic Priore published years ago and anyone could access it? Different standards?

So now, I'm asking the questions. If all of that crap was relevant to talking about the music, if all of that crap and the people who have now been admonished and warned on two separate forums (BBB and Hoffman) have been posting is relevant to anything, then I get to ask these. Be honest, be transparent as was demanded of me on everything from linking to my account on another board, to accepting payments and gifts, to buying beer to whatever else these people were demanding I reveal...so the talk can get back to being 'all about the music' perhaps...

Who is paying the bills. Why pay to hide it. Simple as that. No bullshit, Doc.

Pay to hide what, I will ask again? Nothing to hide and nothing to pay. It is on my dime. You talk in circles. When somebody gives me something for free, I don't then turn around and ask them how much they paid for the giveaway. Have some manners, son. What is that old saying, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »

Cough it up, Doc - Who is paying the bills?
Did you not read what I wrote above? Swedishfrog and myself are footing the bill. How much do you think it costs? Oh, I'm betting that you think someone famous is footing the bill, huh? Maybe I should ask, no? Maybe having a patron would be a cool thing. You know, like Michel Angelo or Leonardo da Vinci. Wink

Did I just read that?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:32:21 PM by Smilin Ed H » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2016, 12:37:13 PM »

How is it hiding it if you publicly announce it?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: June 19, 2016, 12:38:05 PM »

We saw "B.W." post a link to my profile page on the Brian Wilson forum. For what purpose? How relevant was that to anything?

It was pretty relevant. Someone mentioned reading you were a moderator at the Brian Wilson board but not being sure. Someone else asked if it was true. Here's the link, for anyone who would like to see: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23778.msg576253.html#msg576253

Thanks for asking.

Bullshit. It was only relevant to whatever you were trying to do at the time, nothing more. It was as relevant as me making a joke about buying someone a beer at a future show, which got twisted into all kinds of sh*t that got posted to try to f*** me over. It was as relevant as all the efforts that have been tried and failed to lay all the problems of this board since its inception on my shoulders, and to get your favorite banned members back in the fold since I - according to all your bullshit and all that of the others - have ultimate yes or no say on everything. Right?

Or maybe it's as relevant as the reasons why you quit as a "Super Moderator" before the virtual ink on the hosting and confidentiality agreements with the web hosts were even dry.

If you can't handle or don't want the job of being a Super Moderator, then quit. Oh wait...never mind. You did.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: June 19, 2016, 12:38:43 PM »

Ask whoever paid the extra fees.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: June 19, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »

Someone named "Beachball" on the BBB forum seems to be knowledgeable on all the rates and fees, maybe they know the details.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 19, 2016, 12:43:48 PM »

I hope you're okay, Guitarfool.  Undecided
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 19, 2016, 12:53:58 PM »

OK, drbeachboy and Swedfish Frog how is it hiding who paid the fees if you've publicly announced it is the two of you who paid the fees?

Oh, it answers itself, it isn't, drbeachboy and Swedish Frog paid the fees.

Craig, have you been receiving PMs over the past three weeks or is the PM system broken?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: June 19, 2016, 12:56:02 PM »

I hope you're okay, Guitarfool.  Undecided

Duck and dodge?

I'm doing great. Thanks for asking.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 19, 2016, 01:06:21 PM »

You know Craig, if you did absolutely nothing wrong in your moderating duties, your posts in here sure sound like a different story. It sounds more like you are trying to convince yourself, along with the membership. You seem threatened by our existence. None of us want you to feel threatened. Be happy that you now have this board exactly how you want it. All the undesirables are gone and out of your sight. We did you a favor. Now, you don't have worry about posts that you disagree with or people sneaking in here anymore. Rejoice and be happy. You now have the place that you envisioned when you took on your duties.

I know, you will respond with "Bullshit". Oh, well.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 19, 2016, 01:16:10 PM »

You're going to have to explain "extra fees" Craig, for the benefit of the rest of us.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:24:10 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 19, 2016, 01:19:53 PM »

Wow.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: June 19, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »

You know Craig, if you did absolutely nothing wrong in your moderating duties, your posts in here sure sound like a different story. It sounds more like you are trying to convince yourself, along with the membership. You seem threatened by our existence. None of us want you to feel threatened. Be happy that you now have this board exactly how you want it. All the undesirables are gone and out of your sight. We did you a favor. Now, you don't have worry about posts that you disagree with or people sneaking in here anymore. Rejoice and be happy. You now have the place that you envisioned when you took on your duties.

I know, you will respond with "Bullshit". Oh, well.

I'll reply with the truth, since you are unwilling to accept it. You are full of sh*t.

Despite being told over and over the truth about how the board is run, including from Billy and Charles, you continue to push your bullshit in order to justify whatever it is you've been trying to do going back to that first PM you sent me last year. The problem is, you're just not that good at doing what you've been trying to do. And neither is B.W.

If what you wrote above, and what I'm replying to now, is your version of the truth or what you want people to believe...that's f***ed up, man. You simply cannot deal with the truth if it contradicts your beliefs or your plans.

The undesirables have a history of being banned from this and multiple other forums going back years, well before I was a moderator. So, Doc, once again you're talking out of your ass.

Who pays the bills, and why pay to hide it.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: June 19, 2016, 01:24:11 PM »

Wow.

That's an understatement.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 19, 2016, 01:24:48 PM »

Wow.

You're right Adam, post modified.

“We live in divisive times.”
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 19, 2016, 01:27:13 PM »

You're going to have to explain "extra fees" Craig, for the benefit of the rest of us.
Before he explains, there is no hidden or extra fees. When additional storage or whatever is needed in the future it will be handled at that time.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: June 19, 2016, 01:27:37 PM »

A better idea, John, would be to ask those who may be paying the extra fees to explain what they are and why. I don't know why they're paying or who is paying. Or head to BBB, that poster "Beachball" seems to have a lot of info about rates and fees in general, maybe he can clear some of it up since he was quick with numbers and rates considering he's probably not even involved in the actual forum.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: