-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:42:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 297860 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: June 16, 2016, 02:15:47 AM »

There are too many people in that board who caused a lot of drama here, or at least did their best to fan the flames, and are now saying they switched because of too much drama here.

That would be history repeating itself.  And, in the end, that is a good thing.

Yup

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 16, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »

I joined the other site but I haven't posted anything.  As much as there is annoying drama over here sometimes, it seems like there are more interesting discussions happening here anyways.

Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2016, 01:58:32 PM »

As long as people keep discussing the other board, there's never going to be any kind of 'closure', or whatever you want to call it. The best thing to do is to just stop talking about it, stop talking about the people who caused all of the bullshit here, and go on with business as usual. In due time, that board will become what this board was, because of the people there. Just concern yourself with this place  Smiley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 16, 2016, 02:51:48 PM »

Affirmative nods to last 2 posts. Thanks, Mr. Raccoon & Mr. Verlander. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2016, 08:32:35 AM »

Then why was he PM'ing members about the forum before he was banned? Which I personally don't have an issue with (internet is big enough for more than one board, after all), but it doesn't jibe with what you just said. That said, you might not have known, or it may be a different forum.

The new board didn't exist before Andrew was banned. Simple as that. Even the group chat didn't exist before Andrew was banned. Whatever he was talking about, it wasn't the Pet Sounds forum. Of course, I haven't read these PMs, so it is not possible for me to give you a more nuanced answer than that. I told Doc about the forum Andersson had once created on the 27th of May. Drbeachboy first spoke to Andersson about the board on the 27th of May. Swedish Frog, using proboards resources, set to work and managed to open the board on the 28th of May. The entire, two-month conversation (that concerns more than the creation of the new board) still exists, and it provides ample evidence of these claims.

Ok..that makes sense. Probably was just a what if type thing

Addendum... it was something completely different that never came to fruition.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2016, 11:11:27 AM »

There are too many people in that board who caused a lot of drama here, or at least did their best to fan the flames, and are now saying they switched because of too much drama here.

That would be history repeating itself.  And, in the end, that is a good thing.

Fantastic reply to AGD on the PS forum! Many hoots and thumbs up for your most excellent shredding.  Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2016, 06:43:09 PM »

Just a question out of curiosity: Who is paying the bills for the new board?

Stamos

I doubt it. As far as band-related activities, he's probably been busy practicing and perfecting his drum parts on Getcha Back for any upcoming appearances.  Smiley

So who is paying the bills for the new board?

It looks like it's free to host a forum on ProBoards.

Personalized domain names and related fees for registrations and hosting/bandwidth use related to those domains are not free. Someone has to pay the bills.

I'm told by someone who would know that it is not AGD or Lee Dempsey.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2016, 05:34:02 AM »

Stamos

I doubt it. As far as band-related activities, he's probably been busy practicing and perfecting his drum parts on Getcha Back for any upcoming appearances.  Smiley

Personalized domain names and related fees for registrations and hosting/bandwidth use related to those domains are not free. Someone has to pay the bills.

Since BW stated that swedishfrog and myself opened up PSF, I would think that common sense would suggest who is paying the initial opening expenses. Why this is anyone's business, I have no idea.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2016, 07:47:33 AM »

Stamos

Since BW stated that swedishfrog and myself opened up PSF, I would think that common sense would suggest who is paying the initial opening expenses. Why this is anyone's business, I have no idea.

He's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2016, 08:21:02 AM »

Stamos

He's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...
Believe me, I'd love to stay away, but you guys keep making me come back. I have no idea why Craig thinks it is his business to ask and to know who is paying for PSF. Why would that even be a talking point here in Smiley Smile? Your attitude of not wanting me here only proves the need for another Beach Boys Forum. Thank you for backing up my position, it is most appreciated. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2016, 08:30:14 AM »

Cough it up, Doc - Who is paying the bills?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2016, 08:51:23 AM »

Quite. It's nobody's business. Time to move on, I would have thought.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2016, 08:54:37 AM »

It's only fair to the readership to let them know what is involved in something they're getting involved with, and it's a simple question.

Who is paying the bills?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2016, 09:43:23 AM »

Cough it up, Doc - Who is paying the bills?
Did you not read what I wrote above? Swedishfrog and myself are footing the bill. How much do you think it costs? Oh, I'm betting that you think someone famous is footing the bill, huh? Maybe I should ask, no? Maybe having a patron would be a cool thing. You know, like Michel Angelo or Leonardo da Vinci. Wink
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 09:44:41 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2016, 10:14:50 AM »

Think it would only cost maybe $25 anyway? (domain name plus boards fee - https://www.proboards.com/forum-help-guide/custom-domain-names). I was surprised boards offer unlimited free packages (I work in this area so curious about this stuff).

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2016, 10:20:06 AM »

Think it would only cost maybe $25 anyway? (domain name plus boards fee - https://www.proboards.com/forum-help-guide/custom-domain-names). I was surprised boards offer unlimited free packages (I work in this area so curious about this stuff).
It was a little bit more than that, but yes, you are in the ballpark. It was not some outrageous amount. Smiley I still like the patronage idea though. Wink
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:21:30 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2016, 10:23:15 AM »

I've never suggested any patronage, any famous sponsors, etc. Never mentioned anything of the sort. Actually it wasn't even me who brought up money or host fees in the first place, for that you'd need to see Lee and John Manning who mentioned money in posts well before I asked the question.

"Who is paying the bills?", not that hard of a question, right? Someone has to, someone will also be paying moving forward after the initial setup charges.

So why pay extra to have that info kept hidden?   Wink

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2016, 10:28:52 AM »

It's only fair to the readership to let them know what is involved in something they're getting involved with, and it's a simple question.

Who is paying the bills?
Why is it anyone's business? We are not asking for donations to support the forum. It only costs what they pay for their Internet connection, which they pay for no matter where they visit. You just want to know if Andrew, Lee or someone famous is helping foot the bill. Sorry to disappoint you on that front.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »

I've never suggested any patronage, any famous sponsors, etc. Never mentioned anything of the sort. Actually it wasn't even me who brought up money or host fees in the first place, for that you'd need to see Lee and John Manning who mentioned money in posts well before I asked the question.

"Who is paying the bills?", not that hard of a question, right? Someone has to, someone will also be paying moving forward after the initial setup charges.

So why pay extra to have that info kept hidden?   Wink
I answered with my "common sense" answer. Do you not possess any of that? Admit it, you were fishing.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2016, 10:32:37 AM »

Who is paying the bills?
Why is it anyone's business? We are not asking for donations to support the forum. It only costs what they pay for their Internet connection, which they pay for no matter where they visit. You just want to know if Andrew, Lee or someone famous is helping foot the bill. Sorry to disappoint you on that front.

I'm just curious who is paying the bills! Simple question.

So why pay extra to have that info kept hidden?   Wink

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2016, 10:39:02 AM »

Who is paying the bills?

I'm just curious who is paying the bills! Simple question.

So why pay extra to have that info kept hidden?   Wink
OK, so now you know
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:45:36 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2016, 10:41:05 AM »

?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: June 19, 2016, 10:44:24 AM »

Quote tree messed up. Looks like he said ' OK, now you know Smiley '

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: June 19, 2016, 10:45:57 AM »

Let me rephrase that, the reply must have gotten lost in the quote function:

What?

Who is playing the bills? And following up on that, why hide it?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: June 19, 2016, 10:51:16 AM »

Regarding the other issues, I will get around to replying to the earlier messages.

Related to knowing or not knowing something, what I will say is that as recently as the past weekend there have been outright lies posted to your forum, Doc. But I might not expect them to be spotted, so we can leave that up to you and your team of "Super Moderators" to suss that one out.

Am I surprised to see it on the new board? No. We've had over a decade of impeccable sources and those in the know who turned out to be full of it. Do I blame anyone who may not have a clue and is participating for the sake of joining a new board? Absolutely not. But it is worth noting that lies are still being posted, and it's something that is kind of upsetting but not surprising.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: