-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 296828 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2016, 10:39:00 AM »

Emily, I appreciate your point of view, but I don't think we mean the same thing when we say "bad eggs."  And this isn't a "stupid battle", it's not a battle at all.  Mostly, at this point, it's making sure that mis-perceptions and lies are not accepted as history and facts.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2016, 10:43:35 AM »

Maybe you can get Andrew to tell everyone what he said about David Beard.

Did he say that he really doesn't have a beard?

LOL  Reminds me of ZZ Top, the band member named Beard is the only band member without a beard.

I was just thinking that too.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2016, 10:57:45 AM »

First off, that is my business what gets done at Pet Sounds, not yours. Secondly, you started it by baiting people in Shoutbox yesterday. When you bait people, then expect a reply. If you weren't prepared for an answer, then you should have never posed the question in the first place. That may certainly earn you a ban if I see it happen again.
If you are happy with your Moderators, then that is absolutely terrific. You have things here just as you want them. I am very happy for you. We now have things the way we want them on our board. I am very happy with the Moderators at the Pet Sounds Forum. They will do a fantastic job in there, and already have during the first week open. Folks now have a choice where they want to go and hang out.

1) I baited no one, unless we define baiting as existing and breathing.
2) Due to the limitations of the "shoutbox," my question has scrolled away, but as I recall, the only question I asked was if the board's data could be backed up, since its existence is dependent on ProBoards not disappearing someday.
3) I did make a statement, not a question, regarding the behavior of people online, which inspired AGD to break one of major guidelines of the Pet Sounds forum, which is to not discuss the Smiley Smile board.  Keep in mind, I never even mentioned this forum over there.  But, I'm being threatened with a ban, and AGD is not.  Perhaps I am not important enough?  Or maybe you can't ban, even temporarily, the one person the board was created for?
4) Folks have always had a choice to be or not to be on any particular message board.  It's not as if this has ever been the only Beach Boys forum or music forum.  It is true, however, that for now, the "folks" that have consistently been removed from Beach Boys forums have a place to talk to each other.  For that, they should be very grateful to you for.
Ok, you made a STATEMENT, that is correct. My humble apology for calling it a QUESTION. Andrew responded to it in kind. I still think you were baiting and got the response you were expecting. Shoot, you even posted it here. So, no other action is necessary.

As I stated here last weekend, indeed, the forum was created for those who no longer had a voice in here, but also for any Beach Boys fan who wanted an alternate place to post. We now share quite a few members after less than a week. So, it turns out that having an alternate forum was appealing to the membership.

Bullshit.
I don't give a rat's a** what you think. I left here personally to get away from you and what you turned this place into. So, be proud that you set all this in motion. Pump out that chest and pound it. Wink
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:59:49 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2016, 10:58:29 AM »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:59:24 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2016, 11:00:08 AM »

My own opinion: At least be honest about it. I can't speak for what happened before I became a moderator, but there seemed to be a lot of value to this board and the opinions expressed on it that went beyond its status as an independent forum for fans to talk. At various points there were efforts made to target certain members and a variety of posted comments as the reason why everything was bad. These efforts included multiple messages being sent to the moderators which amounted to trying to tell them - not suggest but almost demand - what to do and how to do it. This included what was presented as a third party request to have the moderators give a board member's personal contact info and location information - which is strictly confidential - to whoever or whatever this third party was, through another board member. What would lead to this? How many times was this done before? Fortunately all mods across the board agreed this was off the charts and totally unwelcome. I'm glad the mods who were in place did not agree to violate any other board member's privacy. It still strikes me as disgusting that such a request would even be considered, but such was the atmosphere.

When the attempts to shape the board and move things around according to what another member or members thought should be done, then the moderation of the board became the target. I happened to be the main target, for better or worse. According to what i heard some of the first posts to the new board were as of last week, I still am. Your friendly neighborhood "Super Moderator" on call, reporting for duty. Lies were told, a campaign to change moderation and moderators was launched, and attempts were made to discredit either me, or Billy, or Charles, or whoever was being blamed any given day.

When that failed, or when the attempts to discredit a mod or mods who weren't willing to toe whatever line it was they must have been expected to toe, the ball was taken from the court and the players carried it elsewhere.

So let's at least be honest about what was going on, and not promote something based on the bullshit that has been circulating.

When the plots failed, the plotters packed up and went elsewhere. That's fine by me, good luck with that and in a few cases of banned members now rediscovering a soapbox and an open mic to behave and act how they please free of even the basic rules of interaction with other people, good riddance. I just hope anyone involved in the new project with good intentions isn't being duped into believing things that aren't true, and not just duped but used. Hopefully that is not the case and no one will get harmed as a result. Because that's what too often happens if history is any indication.

I'm all for peace and harmony and coexistence in any aspect of life, but let's be honest about the issues at hand and not let honesty be swept under the carpet along with the inappropriate behavior that led to a lot of this in the past.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2016, 11:07:15 AM »

Emily, I appreciate your point of view, but I don't think we mean the same thing when we say "bad eggs."  And this isn't a "stupid battle", it's not a battle at all.  Mostly, at this point, it's making sure that mis-perceptions and lies are not accepted as history and facts.
Fair enough. I'm sure there are many ways of thinking about the problems here. And my "stupid battle" comment was inflammatory, so I apologize. I'm pretty riled today. It was not a reference to the banning/mod/etc argument. It was a reference to the ongoing tension surrounding anything to do with Mike Love. Which I bring up because it's *my* peeve, so I was perhaps experiencing tunnel-vision.
I do see your point about differentiating between actual facts and innuendo.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2016, 11:19:20 AM »

I thought you told us all that you we're leaving this board, and now we've got all this. Please, for all concerned, make up your mind. Don't you have a bored, uh, I meant board to tend to 24/7 Huh

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2016, 11:47:15 AM »

Why do people who make a flamboyant, drama-filled exit from on online community always have to reappear, usually within very short order?

Regarding these boards, as far as I'm aware, it's not against the SS board rules to discuss *other* boards, at least in the "Sandbox", correct?

Make no mistake, too much "meta" discussion or discussion of other online communities is usually a bad idea. But if it's not against the rules, I don't see a problem in theory with talking about another board (pros, cons, the reasons it started, etc.). And if it's another Beach Boys related board, it's arguably on-topic as well.

As objective as I can be, I can say that if this new board had been created before one particular poster on SS left in a flurry of really nasty, personal insults only to be welcomed on that new board, that *one* fact alone would make that board look a lot better and less tainted from the outset.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2016, 11:55:38 AM »

Regarding these boards, as far as I'm aware, it's not against the SS board rules to discuss *other* boards, at least in the "Sandbox", correct?

Correct.  We are not afraid to discuss the state of this board or any other board here in the Sandbox.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2016, 12:05:09 PM »

Why do people who make a flamboyant, drama-filled exit from on online community always have to reappear, usually within very short order?

Make no mistake, too much "meta" discussion or discussion of other online communities is usually a bad idea. But if it's not against the rules, I don't see a problem in theory with talking about another board (pros, cons, the reasons it started, etc.). And if it's another Beach Boys related board, it's arguably on-topic as well.

As objective as I can be, I can say that if this new board had been created before one particular poster on SS left in a flurry of really nasty, personal insults only to be welcomed on that new board, that *one* fact alone would make that board look a lot better and less tainted from the outset.

Right, but that board and the fact that they "accepted" the unbearded one shows a desperate need for anyone to sign up. I doubt that they'll get the membership numbers they're looking for and will end up being more of a club for malcontents and whiners, especially the one running it. Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2016, 12:26:26 PM »

I will check it out, as I see some familiar names over there.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2016, 02:13:36 PM »

I think there are 'bad eggs' on both sides of this ridiculous feud. Then there are a bunch of people who are just exasperated.
I think there are still bad eggs here and now there are some over there. But, I think the bad eggs are sorting themselves by opinion and won't have anyone to quarrel with, because they'll agree with each other.
So as long as they don't keep cross-boarding and flaming, peace can reign.

Right now, there are some exasperated middle-grounders at that board because they associate the stupid battle with this board. But with time the middle-grounders can sort themselves with the bad eggs that bother them the least.

So, hopefully, there will be one board with one group of bad eggs and the middle-grounders who can tolerate them best.
And another board with a different group of bad eggs and the middle-grounders who can tolerate that group best.

Unfortunately, middle-grounders can't have a happy place where they're all together, because middle-grounders don't usually support a lot of banning, so bad eggs show up and stir up divisions.

For those thinking - gee, Emily is hardly a middle-grounder - that's totally true with regard to politics, but not with regard to Beach Boys. And I'd be fine if political discussion was banned altogether but if others are going to post their political stuff, I'm going to respond. So, I'm a political bad egg, but not a BB bad egg.
Good post. And it's early in the game. The problem characters, be it troll, moderator or whoever will continue to do what they do.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2016, 02:41:32 PM »

I have one and one thing only to say about all this. Regardless of what some people did or didn't do, or supposedly did or didn't do, I feel very uneasy and uncomfortable with all the bad mouthing of former members of this board. In my opinion it is "playing dirty". People broke rules, and as a result are no longer a part of the board. There is no need to kick somebody when they are down, so to speak. What they do or say on any other board is none of our concern.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2016, 03:36:22 PM »

I have one and one thing only to say about all this. Regardless of what some people did or didn't do, or supposedly did or didn't do, I feel very uneasy and uncomfortable with all the bad mouthing of former members of this board. In my opinion it is "playing dirty". People broke rules, and as a result are no longer a part of the board. There is no need to kick somebody when they are down, so to speak. What they do or say on any other board is none of our concern.

I agree to an extant. ...for Adam 'Mike's  Bitch' Densborough to take that swipe, well, he can choke in a dick and die for all I care.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2016, 03:45:49 PM »

Is the badmouthing of this board and current members being done over there OK? Let's be honest about the whole thing if these cans of worms are going to continue to be opened outside this forum, with people badmouthing this place and its members on the new board or any other forum. If people want to go that route, expect a reply. If setting up a new forum was all about the music, then talk about the damn music.

It's a two-way street, if someone throws a sucker punch at me or anyone I know, they'll get one back twice as hard. No punches thrown to begin with, then we'll have, you know, world peace. Simple.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2016, 04:36:46 PM »

Of course it's not ok. I'm just saying we should all "be the better man/woman" and not stoop to the kind of  childish insults and name calling that has been going on. Let's just let them do their thing, and we'll do ours. If you want to confront them, that's fine, but don't make it a board issue.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2016, 04:46:53 PM »

Of course it's not ok. I'm just saying we should all "be the better man/woman" and not stoop to the kind of  childish insults and name calling that has been going on. Let's just let them do their thing, and we'll do ours. If you want to confront them, that's fine, but don't make it a board issue.
I'm all for 'live and let live' (duh, you've known me for some years lol) and I do wish most of them best of luck at their new board. I just have an issue with banned members coming back under a pseudonym just to further fan the flames. Of course, by doing so, he did show his true nature, so anybody who was on the fence by his homophobic bigoted ass getting banned, well, look who turned out to be right in the end?

That said, you won't see me sign up on their forum under a fake name and do the same thing. There's a lot I don't have (money, good health, patience) but at I least I have some damn self respect.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2016, 01:53:56 AM »

HeyJude - are you talking about Rab2591?  I don't think he's joined the PS Forum - cheers - A

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2016, 03:39:51 AM »

On a different note..I don't get why they completely copied the layout of this board...chance to provide something different for the BB's community wasted.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2016, 04:18:57 AM »

On a different note..I don't get why they completely copied the layout of this board...chance to provide something different for the BB's community wasted.
Ha! I like cats but not copycats. police  Then again, that board began what, shy of week?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2016, 09:07:26 AM »

Unfortunately, some people can't leave well enough alone and have joined said board. Paranoia, maybe? Seriously, if you're worried about what's been said on the other board, go have a look. Last time I visited there wasn't a thread about smileysmile.net
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2016, 09:08:57 AM »

Right, but that board and the fact that they "accepted" the unbearded one shows a desperate need for anyone to sign up. I doubt that they'll get the membership numbers they're looking for and will end up being more of a club for malcontents and whiners, especially the one running it. Roll Eyes
OSD - who cares?  Back-in-the-day, I would have killed (maybe not "killed") to have a forum or at least people who actually knew the catalog (and not the greatest hits) to discuss the music.  We did not have that distinct advantage of a global forum to talk about the music.  It's America.  We have freedom of speech and association!  
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2016, 09:38:25 AM »

Unfortunately, some people can't leave well enough alone and have joined said board. Paranoia, maybe? Seriously, if you're worried about what's been said on the other board, go have a look. Last time I visited there wasn't a thread about smileysmile.net

I, for one, could care less what they do over there. I do believe that the doctor doesn't approve of members bringing the subject (SS) up.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2016, 10:21:26 AM »

I do wish the people over there would not pop back over here to flame. You've got a sanctuary. Enjoy it. It looks pleasant. But allow it to be pleasant here too by not coming back here to cause trouble. People who want to post at both boards are fine, as long as they're not trying to create drama.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:23:59 AM by Emily » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2016, 10:50:00 AM »

At least a few members who resorted to using alias accounts to post here have gone back to their own names.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: