-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:38:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 296861 times)
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 06:29:24 AM »

I will probably continue to lurk there, but the fact that so many people there are so welcoming to a handful of Really Bad Eggs who were ejected from this message board for Very Good Reasons-- some of whom have been accused of maliciously spreading untruths, others who are simply terrible, terrible people-- makes me feel icky. All the backslapping and tribalism grosses me out.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 06:58:34 AM »

2 john: Who is that bad poster? Edit - China Pig?

Right. His parting shot was just about the lowest I've ever seen anyone sink anywhere.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2016, 07:57:09 AM »

I will probably continue to lurk there, but the fact that so many people there are so welcoming to a handful of Really Bad Eggs who were ejected from this message board for Very Good Reasons-- some of whom have been accused of maliciously spreading untruths, others who are simply terrible, terrible people-- makes me feel icky. All the backslapping and tribalism grosses me out.

Perhaps backing up your opinion, a statement from AGD just this morning on said forum:

"AGD: Learning about human nature via the boards is one thing. Then you have to address the problem. That's why Smiley Smile is imploding: ineffective modding and a mod who should have been relieved of his duties at least six months ago."

Now, that type of statement has earned two other members of that board bans.  I don't think AGD will be banned, even temporarily, for violating their rules.  Which, ironically, shows how effective the moderating here is:  the moderators are not afraid to justly and fairly and carefully take action against violators, no matter how "important" they are. 

You all have some of the best message board moderators you could hope for.  And despite the hopes and dreams of some, this board is not "imploding" anytime soon. 

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 08:53:19 AM »

Perhaps backing up your opinion, a statement from AGD just this morning on said forum:

"AGD: Learning about human nature via the boards is one thing. Then you have to address the problem. That's why Smiley Smile is imploding: ineffective modding and a mod who should have been relieved of his duties at least six months ago."

Now, that type of statement has earned two other members of that board bans.  I don't think AGD will be banned, even temporarily, for violating their rules.  Which, ironically, shows how effective the moderating here is:  the moderators are not afraid to justly and fairly and carefully take action against violators, no matter how "important" they are. 

You all have some of the best message board moderators you could hope for.  And despite the hopes and dreams of some, this board is not "imploding" anytime soon. 
First off, that is my business what gets done at Pet Sounds, not yours. Secondly, you started it by baiting people in Shoutbox yesterday. When you bait people, then expect a reply. If you weren't prepared for an answer, then you should have never posed the question in the first place. That may certainly earn you a ban if I see it happen again.
If you are happy with your Moderators, then that is absolutely terrific. You have things here just as you want them. I am very happy for you. We now have things the way we want them on our board. I am very happy with the Moderators at the Pet Sounds Forum. They will do a fantastic job in there, and already have during the first week open. Folks now have a choice where they want to go and hang out.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 08:59:12 AM »

First off, that is my business what gets done at Pet Sounds, not yours. Secondly, you started it by baiting people in Shoutbox yesterday. When you bait people, then expect a reply. If you weren't prepared for an answer, then you should have never posed the question in the first place. That may certainly earn you a ban if I see it happen again.
If you are happy with your Moderators, then that is absolutely terrific. You have things here just as you want them. I am very happy for you. We now have things the way we want them on our board. I am very happy with the Moderators at the Pet Sounds Forum. They will do a fantastic job in there, and already have during the first week open. Folks now have a choice where they want to go and hang out.

Sure.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 09:08:29 AM »

Sure.
Grin

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2016, 09:11:55 AM »

Sure.
Grin

Maybe you can get Andrew to tell everyone what he said about David Beard.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 09:33:14 AM »

Good God...all this us-versus-them is really driving home to me why this board has such a nasty reputation. 37!ws out.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 09:36:06 AM »

Yes, that made me want to shower with industrial strength bleach with a chaser of hydrogen peroxide.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 09:41:13 AM »

Good God...all this us-versus-them is really driving home to me why this board has such a nasty reputation. 37!ws out.

Where did that happen here? Someone rightfully brought up the fact that despite the rules, this "us versus them" mentality was in full force within days of Andrew's...oops, Lee's...oops, I mean Dirk's board going live, and those doing it were allowed to do it even though it was supposed to lead to a ban. So, this board gets a bad rep but some banned members are still allowed to duck the rules on a new board? Where are the bans! (he says banging a fist on the lectern...)

37!ws, maybe you're right after all! The nasty reputation of BB boards overall might just be due to that exact same behavior from the same people who must be immune to the rules.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 09:43:40 AM »

Yes, that made me want to shower with industrial strength bleach with a chaser of hydrogen peroxide.

The upside is next time you'll remember to wear the hazardous materials protective suit...  Grin

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 09:44:55 AM »

Rob, we had a talk last Sunday and as far as I am concerned, we understand each others position. If we are that terrible a place, then just stay here. This is where you are comfortable posting with other like minded people. Same goes for Marcella.... Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 09:47:20 AM »

The upside is next time you'll remember to wear the hazardous materials protective suit...  Grin
Even better, just don't come in. Just stay here where you are happy and content.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 09:47:25 AM »

1) I baited no one, unless we define baiting as existing and breathing.
2) Due to the limitations of the "shoutbox," my question has scrolled away, but as I recall, the only question I asked was if the board's data could be backed up, since its existence is dependent on ProBoards not disappearing someday.
3) I did make a statement, not a question, regarding the behavior of people online, which inspired AGD to break one of major guidelines of the Pet Sounds forum, which is to not discuss the Smiley Smile board.  Keep in mind, I never even mentioned this forum over there.  But, I'm being threatened with a ban, and AGD is not.  Perhaps I am not important enough?  Or maybe you can't ban, even temporarily, the one person the board was created for?
4) Folks have always had a choice to be or not to be on any particular message board.  It's not as if this has ever been the only Beach Boys forum or music forum.  It is true, however, that for now, the "folks" that have consistently been removed from Beach Boys forums have a place to talk to each other.  For that, they should be very grateful to you for.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2016, 09:50:14 AM »

Hydrogen peroxide reminds of why I am grateful to AGD for starting the new board.  It's like HP in the sense that it has and continues to draw an infection out of this board.  Much like previous times, the drama and bad behavior is being sucked out, so that the board can heal and be stronger than ever.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2016, 09:50:23 AM »

Honestly, it's for the best. Maybe we can have two peaceful boards of like-minded people.
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2016, 09:50:58 AM »

Did he say that he really doesn't have a beard?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2016, 09:52:15 AM »

True, very true: At least there is a separate place for those who want to hang with like-minded people who deal in insults, lies, and slander:

Once last word before I bid you all farewell.
Craig, you are the most overbearing, blowhard, bellend I have ever come across.
Debbie, Brian dumped your saggy ass decades ago- move on.
Rab, NPP is still a big steaming pile of dogshit.
Billy, have fun in your sheltered accomodation, loser.

See you all under my next alias
MB.

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2016, 09:53:08 AM »

Rob, we had a talk last Sunday and as far as I am concerned, we understand each others position. If we are that terrible a place, then just stay here. This is where you are comfortable posting with other like minded people. Same goes for Marcella.... Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.

I was referring to my initial reaction last weekend.  I have no clue what has transpired there since.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2016, 09:53:22 AM »

Did he say that he really doesn't have a beard?

LOL  Reminds me of ZZ Top, the band member named Beard is the only band member without a beard.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2016, 10:18:30 AM »

2) Due to the limitations of the "shoutbox," my question has scrolled away, but as I recall, the only question I asked was if the board's data could be backed up, since its existence is dependent on ProBoards not disappearing someday.
3) I did make a statement, not a question, regarding the behavior of people online, which inspired AGD to break one of major guidelines of the Pet Sounds forum, which is to not discuss the Smiley Smile board.  Keep in mind, I never even mentioned this forum over there.  But, I'm being threatened with a ban, and AGD is not.  Perhaps I am not important enough?  Or maybe you can't ban, even temporarily, the one person the board was created for?
4) Folks have always had a choice to be or not to be on any particular message board.  It's not as if this has ever been the only Beach Boys forum or music forum.  It is true, however, that for now, the "folks" that have consistently been removed from Beach Boys forums have a place to talk to each other.  For that, they should be very grateful to you for.
Ok, you made a STATEMENT, that is correct. My humble apology for calling it a QUESTION. Andrew responded to it in kind. I still think you were baiting and got the response you were expecting. Shoot, you even posted it here. So, no other action is necessary.

As I stated here last weekend, indeed, the forum was created for those who no longer had a voice in here, but also for any Beach Boys fan who wanted an alternate place to post. We now share quite a few members after less than a week. So, it turns out that having an alternate forum was appealing to the membership.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2016, 10:25:35 AM »

Honestly, it's for the best. Maybe we can have two peaceful boards of like-minded people.

Agreed

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2016, 10:27:09 AM »

Sadly, you will find that putting the bad eggs "who no longer had a voice in here" in a new refrigerator will not make them any less bad.  And, while I regret they made choices that made them not welcome here, I do not regret that this refrigerator is cleaner and fresher.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2016, 10:28:42 AM »

3) I did make a statement, not a question, regarding the behavior of people online, which inspired AGD to break one of major guidelines of the Pet Sounds forum, which is to not discuss the Smiley Smile board.  Keep in mind, I never even mentioned this forum over there.  But, I'm being threatened with a ban, and AGD is not.  Perhaps I am not important enough?  Or maybe you can't ban, even temporarily, the one person the board was created for?
4) Folks have always had a choice to be or not to be on any particular message board.  It's not as if this has ever been the only Beach Boys forum or music forum.  It is true, however, that for now, the "folks" that have consistently been removed from Beach Boys forums have a place to talk to each other.  For that, they should be very grateful to you for.
Ok, you made a STATEMENT, that is correct. My humble apology for calling it a QUESTION. Andrew responded to it in kind. I still think you were baiting and got the response you were expecting. Shoot, you even posted it here. So, no other action is necessary.

As I stated here last weekend, indeed, the forum was created for those who no longer had a voice in here, but also for any Beach Boys fan who wanted an alternate place to post. We now share quite a few members after less than a week. So, it turns out that having an alternate forum was appealing to the membership.

Bullshit.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2016, 10:35:38 AM »

I think there are 'bad eggs' on both sides of this ridiculous feud. Then there are a bunch of people who are just exasperated.
I think there are still bad eggs here and now there are some over there. But, I think the bad eggs are sorting themselves by opinion and won't have anyone to quarrel with, because they'll agree with each other.
So as long as they don't keep cross-boarding and flaming, peace can reign.

Right now, there are some exasperated middle-grounders at that board because they associate the stupid battle with this board. But with time the middle-grounders can sort themselves with the bad eggs that bother them the least.

So, hopefully, there will be one board with one group of bad eggs and the middle-grounders who can tolerate them best.
And another board with a different group of bad eggs and the middle-grounders who can tolerate that group best.

Unfortunately, middle-grounders can't have a happy place where they're all together, because middle-grounders don't usually support a lot of banning, so bad eggs show up and stir up divisions.

For those thinking - gee, Emily is hardly a middle-grounder - that's totally true with regard to politics, but not with regard to Beach Boys. And I'd be fine if political discussion was banned altogether but if others are going to post their political stuff, I'm going to respond. So, I'm a political bad egg, but not a BB bad egg.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:37:52 AM by Emily » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: