-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:21:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Scott Bennett discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Bennett discussion thread  (Read 161794 times)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 14, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »

Imagine Brian... mentally unstable and fragile... I have no doubt he must've done SOMETHING similar to this in his life.

When you don't value your life quite as much as some may hope, you really f*** up.

Even at his worst, I cannot imagine Brian EVER sexually assaulting anyone.

I cannot believe what I just read.

I know this isn't the same thing, but the worst thing I heard Brian was offer drugs to his daughters which is the last straw for Marylin.

But back to the case. Scott is apparently claiming it was mutual as far as he knew. I have heard of many other cases, such as Kobe Bryant, where a woman accused him of rape, but he thought it was mutual. On the other hand, there is apparently video footage of Scott that is very condemning which I haven't seen. But the way it was explained would be strong evidence for his guilt. But I do know there are women who will falsely accuse celebrities or wealthy men of rape for money. Not saying that's the case here, especially if the video footage was described accurately. Just saying that is always in the back of my head with some of these high profile cases. At the same time, I don't want to take these things lightly and know that  just because we respected someone for years doesn't mean they don't have demons in their closet.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 01, 2016, 12:04:09 PM »

My point with Brian is that when you don't care about your life you tend to do things that could destroy it. Anyone on this forum with a mental illness can tell you that it's really easy to give up caring about what the consequences of your decisions are. I'm not claiming Brian raped anymore. I said something similar as in something destructive to his life and possibly illegal. Mental illness is very hard to talk about for this very reason

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 01, 2016, 12:07:14 PM »

It's just an analogy.  The poster was trying to associate Scott's actions with psychological problems.  I don't see it as an attack on Brian.

Nail on the head

thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 02, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »

Billy and Craig, can you please lock this thread so it doesn't get bumped up for no reason at all?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:22:03 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 02, 2016, 10:41:01 AM »

Billy and Craig, can you please lock this thread so it doesn't get bumped up for no reason at all?

There was a reason. But it wouldn't be a bad thing to lock it now.   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: