-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:44:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Scott Bennett discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Bennett discussion thread  (Read 161871 times)
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 13, 2016, 10:58:04 AM »

What legitimate reason was there to change the title of this thread? I feel a rant concerning censorship coming on that may end up in myself getting banned from this forum. This mind you is coming from someone that usually stays away from stirring the ----
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 13, 2016, 11:03:20 AM »

What legitimate reason was there to change the title of this thread? I feel a rant concerning censorship coming on that may end up in myself getting banned from this forum. This mind you is coming from someone that usually stays away from stirring the ----
Don't rant and get banned! I think it was just due to two separate threads being combined. I think it was apolitical.
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 13, 2016, 11:57:54 AM »

Don't rant and get banned! I think it was just due to two separate threads being combined. I think it was apolitical.
Really? You think or know? i don't see where that was stated. I was done commenting on this subject itself but I'm seeing a bigger picture that seems amiss.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 13, 2016, 12:06:36 PM »

Really? You think or know? i don't see where that was stated. I was done commenting on this subject itself but I'm seeing a bigger picture that seems amiss.
I know two threads were merged. Halfway through the original thread someone posted a new thread with a link to an article and the mods merged the two threads. I assumed, but don't know, that that's why the name changed. I've noticed that if you respond to comments from the original thread the comment contains that title. I was really confused for a while seeing posts listed with different thread titles but when I clicked on the posts they all brought me to the same thread. I'll look and see if I can find the original post of the second thread.

Actually, this is the new thread that was merged that I was thinking of. It was later that some posts were titled with the third title. Don't know how:
http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/crime/keyboardist-brian-wilson-raped-woman-oklahoma-concert-article-1.2628569

How gross and irresponsible, he should be ashamed of himself.

EDIT: I missed the existing thread.  Feel free to merge.
So originally it was "horribly disappointing..." then "sad and disappointing..." then "discussion".
I'm always baffled by titles. Some just become "/" or something. I don't really understand how it works.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:10:40 PM by Emily » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: May 13, 2016, 12:09:09 PM »

I merged the threads and changed the title of it at that time to make it obvious that this was the thread to discuss the issue.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 13, 2016, 12:11:01 PM »

I merged the threads and changed the title of it at that time to make it obvious that this was the thread to discuss the issue.
gotcha.
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 13, 2016, 01:52:26 PM »

Fair enough. A few days ago when a couple of members here that are connected to music media expressed concerns that this remain in "on topic" I was totally in their camp.  I give you credit for moving several foolish threads off of that page in response.

However, and this this is just a however....I also read here that Guitarfool is a moderator at Brian's site as well. If so that seems like a conflict of interest. I don't even know if that's fact or fiction, but if true, in light of some other recent drama around here, it seems not quite right. And before I get a lecture from Guitarfool that's not my intent nor to imply conspiracies. It's just that negativity regarding Brian in any form is not tolerated on Brian's site and I hope that is not being factored into this forum for any reason. I have read outright insulting horrible stuff about Al  looking like death and have to endure OSD and his derangement syndrome concerning Mike on a daily basis.

Myself...I have little negative to say about Brian, but I sincerely hope an open forum will remain an open forum even if an unpleasant black eye comes from Brian's camp. Had someone in Mikes band, messed up, I'm pretty darn sure we would be up to 60 pages by the usual suspects on how once again Mike tarnished the brand. And I'm sure it would not be in the sandbox.

For the record I agree with and respect MANY of Guitarfools posts. Same way I felt about Andrew.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: May 13, 2016, 01:56:27 PM »

Had someone in Mikes band, messed up, I'm pretty darn sure we would be up to 60 pages by the usual suspects on how once again Mike tarnished the brand. And I'm sure it would not be in the sandbox.

You're probably right on the former, but as far as the latter...it would've been moved here too.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 13, 2016, 02:53:06 PM »

However, and this this is just a however....I also read here that Guitarfool is a moderator at Brian's site as well. If so that seems like a conflict of interest. I don't even know if that's fact or fiction, but if true, in light of some other recent drama around here, it seems not quite right. And before I get a lecture from Guitarfool that's not my intent nor to imply conspiracies. It's just that negativity regarding Brian in any form is not tolerated on Brian's site and I hope that is not being factored into this forum for any reason. I have read outright insulting horrible stuff about Al  looking like death and have to endure OSD and his derangement syndrome concerning Mike on a daily basis.

Is this accurate?
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 14, 2016, 12:41:42 PM »

Is this accurate?

The Stamos DUI thread comes to mind...
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2016, 12:46:39 PM »

Is this accurate?

http://brianwilson.websitetoolbox.com/profile/3984181
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 14, 2016, 01:09:40 PM »

Then Billy needs to become moderator at "Mike Love's Feel The Love" board, and that'll bring balance to the board.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: May 14, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »

I'd rather mainline bleach. Barely have enough free time as it is.

Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2016, 01:15:18 PM »

Talk about killing 2 birds with 1 stone!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2016, 01:15:33 PM »

However, and this this is just a however....I also read here that Guitarfool is a moderator at Brian's site as well. If so that seems like a conflict of interest. I don't even know if that's fact or fiction, but if true, in light of some other recent drama around here, it seems not quite right. And before I get a lecture from Guitarfool that's not my intent nor to imply conspiracies. It's just that negativity regarding Brian in any form is not tolerated on Brian's site and I hope that is not being factored into this forum for any reason. I have read outright insulting horrible stuff about Al  looking like death and have to endure OSD and his derangement syndrome concerning Mike on a daily basis.

Not sure how it's a conflict of interest.

I actually missed the Al post...where is it?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: May 14, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »

I know, right? Then I'd have all the free time in the world...eternal, in fact.

Sadly, it'd still be preferable to how this year is turning out.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 14, 2016, 01:18:09 PM »

However, and this this is just a however....I also read here that Guitarfool is a moderator at Brian's site as well. If so that seems like a conflict of interest. I don't even know if that's fact or fiction, but if true, in light of some other recent drama around here, it seems not quite right. And before I get a lecture from Guitarfool that's not my intent nor to imply conspiracies. It's just that negativity regarding Brian in any form is not tolerated on Brian's site and I hope that is not being factored into this forum for any reason. I have read outright insulting horrible stuff about Al  looking like death and have to endure OSD and his derangement syndrome concerning Mike on a daily basis.

Is this accurate?

That is why last night, I stated that he might be confused with which board that he was moderating. Brian is always off-limits to any criticism, while all other Beach Boys are fair game, especially Mike.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 14, 2016, 01:19:27 PM »

I know, right? Then I'd have all the free time in the world...eternal, in fact.

Sadly, it'd still be preferable to how this year is turning out.

To quote The Beach Boys, "The Year Is So Young"...er, or something like that  Smiley
 It'll turn around for you.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: May 14, 2016, 02:13:28 PM »

Is this accurate?

That is why last night, I stated that he might be confused with which board that he was moderating. Brian is always off-limits to any criticism, while all other Beach Boys are fair game, especially Mike.

Bullshit. NOBODY is immune to any criticism. I call it like I see it, always have and always will.  If it was off limits to criticize Brian, don't you think the Bubs/Dudd thread would've been shut down? I mean, there's a difference between being supportive of someone and banning people just because they don't agree with someone. The second has never happened on this board, and won't as long I still draw breath.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:15:59 PM by ♩♬ Beef Skittles ♯♫♩ » Logged

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 14, 2016, 02:36:33 PM »

Is this accurate?

Bullshit. NOBODY is immune to any criticism. I call it like I see it, always have and always will.  If it was off limits to criticize Brian, don't you think the Bubs/Dudd thread would've been shut down? I mean, there's a difference between being supportive of someone and banning people just because they don't agree with someone. The second has never happened on this board, and won't as long I still draw breath.
Well then Billy, please read what went down last night. Craig has never to my knowledge treated the anti-Mike threads like he does with what he perceives to be anti-Brian threads. You are fair with that stuff, and I wouldn't get on Craig if he treated all the threads with the same vigor that he treats the Brian-centric threads.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: May 14, 2016, 02:42:24 PM »

I did read it. At the end of the day, what difference does it make? It's not like power is being abused and people are getting banned for disgreeing.

Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2016, 02:47:48 PM »

Is this accurate?

Wow, that's a bit of an eye opener for me. Not saying there IS a conflict of interest, but it opens the door for people to theorize about potential bias. It would be better if moderators on this board had no ties to 'official' message boards. I guess on the other side, maybe Brian doesn't do a Q&A here if those connections don't exist.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2016, 02:55:02 PM »

Again, what difference does it make if either of us moderate at another site? The rules aren't suddenly going to change.  If either of us were out of line and abusing power, don't you think Chuck would've stepped in? And again, if either of us were as bad as accused, wouldn't those dissenting posts and posters have been 'silenced'? 

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2016, 02:56:19 PM »

I did read it. At the end of the day, what difference does it make? It's not like power is being abused and people are getting banned for disgreeing.
It does make a difference and if you don't see it then you don't understand why there is turmoil in here. I don't care if the place is strick or totally lassez faire, just be consistent about it.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2016, 03:00:34 PM »

It does make a difference and if you don't see it then you don't understand why there is turmoil in here. I don't care if the place is strick or totally lassez faire, just be consistent about it.

Oh, I know good and well why there's turmoil here.

My question is this...once we become moderators, do we suddenly lose our rights as human beings to have an opinion?  

Question for anybody feeling 'this way'...name ONE person who was banned for being anti-Brian. If you can name one person and can prove it's true, then I will step down as moderator and you can have this place to yourselves.

Here's the rub...it won't happen because it has NEVER been like that
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 03:04:44 PM by ♩♬ Beef Skittles ♯♫♩ » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: