-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:32:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Scott Bennett discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Bennett discussion thread  (Read 160945 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 15, 2016, 06:52:03 AM »

Jason took sides all the time. Where was the outrage from your quarters there?

Yup, without apology. Of course, it was part and parcel of being a FAN first and a moderator of a message board a very distant second. Last time I checked I also didn't ban or censure members for insulting or disagreeing with me (gotta take whatcha dish out, y'know). Your argument, I dare say, has negligible merit.

Actually it has considerable merit, because GF is the same way (fan first, and also hasn't banned or censured members for insulting or disagreeing), and is catching sh*t for it when he really shouldn't be. Just because someone is a mod doesn't mean they all of a sudden stop being passionate. That was Andy's point!
Well some folks who were banned feel that their banning came as a result of disagreeing and/or arguing with Craig. Folks feel they have to tread lightly with him. They feel if he hasn't done the banning directly, then he influenced the mod(s) who did so. A question for you Billy, do the folks who are banned get a full explanation of why and by who they were banned? If Craig is getting a bad rap, is it due to a lack of communication?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 15, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »

http://www.claremoreprogress.com/news/former-member-of-brian-wilson-s-band-convicted-of-rape/article_2a4a2438-1898-11e6-9b81-abf58b6671f9.html?platform=hootsuite

Back on topic, from the Claremore (OK)  Daily Progress, here is an article written by someone who attended the trial.

Thanks for posting that. The more facts that come to light just further highlight this is a real tragedy all around. I hope Scott is ok there, but I'm sure it's awful. Looking at the roster of inmates that are regularly arrested in Rogers County, it looks like a not-insignificant amount of the arrests there are for meth-related charges. Scott is gonna have some rough company.

http://www.rcsheriff.org/roster.php?grp=80
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:58:37 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 15, 2016, 09:39:26 AM »

http://www.claremoreprogress.com/news/former-member-of-brian-wilson-s-band-convicted-of-rape/article_2a4a2438-1898-11e6-9b81-abf58b6671f9.html?platform=hootsuite

Back on topic, from the Claremore (OK)  Daily Progress, here is an article written by someone who attended the trial.

Thanks for posting that. The more facts that come to light just further highlight this is a real tragedy all around. I hope Scott is ok there, but I'm sure it's awful. Looking at the roster of inmates that are regularly arrested in Rogers County, it looks like a not-insignificant amount of the arrests there are for meth-related charges. Scott is gonna have some rough company.

This is sad. Apparently Scott is an alcoholic and had also taken a Vicodin. Perhaps he was too drunk to know what he was doing. That doesn't excuse his behavior, though. If I hear that a man beat his wife, I'm horrified. If I hear he was drunk when he did it, I'm still horrified. It's too bad Scott wasn't able to get help before this terrible thing happened. Alcohol abuse doesn't negate his guilt, and I say that as the child of an alcoholic.

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: May 15, 2016, 09:42:52 AM »

That he even remembers doing it tells me he wasn't too drunk to know what he was doing.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: May 15, 2016, 09:56:21 AM »

Yup, without apology. Of course, it was part and parcel of being a FAN first and a moderator of a message board a very distant second. Last time I checked I also didn't ban or censure members for insulting or disagreeing with me (gotta take whatcha dish out, y'know). Your argument, I dare say, has negligible merit.

Actually it has considerable merit, because GF is the same way (fan first, and also hasn't banned or censured members for insulting or disagreeing), and is catching sh*t for it when he really shouldn't be. Just because someone is a mod doesn't mean they all of a sudden stop being passionate. That was Andy's point!
Well some folks who were banned feel that their banning came as a result of disagreeing and/or arguing with Craig. Folks feel they have to tread lightly with him. They feel if he hasn't done the banning directly, then he influenced the mod(s) who did so. A question for you Billy, do the folks who are banned get a full explanation of why and by who they were banned? If Craig is getting a bad rap, is it due to a lack of communication?

Nobody has been banned for disagreeing with Craig, nor has he EVER  influenced me to do so. I take EXTREME exception to that...I am not a freaking puppet.  If anybody here does think that way, I strongly suggest they get that image out of their head, because it is as wrong as it gets. Whenever someone is banned, there is a spot for the moderator who has performed the ban to leave a comment as to why the member is banned, which is displayed to the member when they attempt to log in or post.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: May 15, 2016, 10:06:29 AM »

That he even remembers doing it tells me he wasn't too drunk to know what he was doing.

Scientifically, you are correct.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 15, 2016, 10:18:11 AM »

This is sad. Apparently Scott is an alcoholic and had also taken a Vicodin. Perhaps he was too drunk to know what he was doing. That doesn't excuse his behavior, though. If I hear that a man beat his wife, I'm horrified. If I hear he was drunk when he did it, I'm still horrified. It's too bad Scott wasn't able to get help before this terrible thing happened. Alcohol abuse doesn't negate his guilt, and I say that as the child of an alcoholic.

It's also unfortunate when one imagines that Scott might possibly have thought, at the time, in his drunken state, that he was not doing anything that was against what the woman had actually wanted.  I'm willing to consider that may possibly have been what was going through his head at the time. If he had mutually drunken encounters in the past with others, where the end result was the partner not feeling in any way like a victim of assault, I could imagine this could possibly have come as a big shock to him. Not in any way an excuse for poor judgment or inappropriate behavior, but it's more of a tragedy to me if the perpetrator doesn't necessarily realize they are doing something that will affect another in such a negative manner. That would of course be the best-case scenario. The actual truth of the matter may be worse. Obviously the video must be pretty damning.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:18:42 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 15, 2016, 10:19:03 AM »

I've been away for a month using very little Internet, came home and find this story on rolling stone  Shocked

I met Scott at a hotel in Glasgow, was such a nice guy.

So shocked, you never really know somebody.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 15, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »

Nobody has been banned for disagreeing with Craig, nor has he EVER  influenced me to do so. I take EXTREME exception to that...I am not a freaking puppet.  If anybody here does think that way, I strongly suggest they get that image out of their head, because it is as wrong as it gets. Whenever someone is banned, there is a spot for the moderator who has performed the ban to leave a comment as to why the member is banned, which is displayed to the member when they attempt to log in or post.
Why on Earth would you take exception to that? You always say that it is never one person making the decision, that you make it as a team. You all must write to each other, compare notes, get each other's take on what went down, evidence, etc.. The folks I have spoke with say they did not receive a full explanation and in at least one case did not receive a response to multiple emails sent giving their side of the situation. So for those that no longer have a voice in here and just for general knowledge about how things work in here, is why I posed the question.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: May 15, 2016, 10:22:55 AM »

It's also sad when one imagines that Scott may well have thought, at the time, in his drunken state, that he was not doing anything that was against what the woman had actually wanted.  I'm willing to consider that may possibly have been what was going through his head at the time. If he had mutually drunken encounters in the past with others, where the end result was the partner not feeling in any way like a victim of assault, I could imagine this could possibly have come as a huge shock to him. Not an excuse for poor judgment or inappropriate behavior, but it's more of a tragedy to me if the perpetrator doesn't necessarily realize they are doing something that will affect another in such a negative manner.

I just don't understand it..I mean, I haven't touched hard drugs in almost a decade, haven't taken a drink in almost 3 years, but even when I did, I *never* could have or would have even considered doing anything like Scott did.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: May 15, 2016, 10:31:12 AM »

Nobody has been banned for disagreeing with Craig, nor has he EVER  influenced me to do so. I take EXTREME exception to that...I am not a freaking puppet.  If anybody here does think that way, I strongly suggest they get that image out of their head, because it is as wrong as it gets. Whenever someone is banned, there is a spot for the moderator who has performed the ban to leave a comment as to why the member is banned, which is displayed to the member when they attempt to log in or post.
Why on Earth would you take exception to that? You always say that it is never one person making the decision, that you make it as a team. You all must write to each other, compare notes, get each other's take on what went down, evidence, etc.. The folks I have spoke with say they did not receive a full explanation and in at least one case did not receive a response to multiple emails sent giving their side of the situation. So for those that no longer have a voice in here and just for general knowledge about how things work in here, is why I posed the question.

Well, because
Well some folks who were banned feel that their banning came as a result of disagreeing and/or arguing with Craig
is not true (not the people feeling that way part, the actual inference here is what I'm referring to). And yes, we discuss it as a team (duo, now) but the way it was worded made it sound like I was having my arm twisted, or that he was calling the shots and I was just here for sh*t/grins.

As far as not responding to emails... if you are referring to Nicko, it is because at first I did respond to emails to him, until it was uncovered that he was a previously banned member posting under a different name, and the email address belonged to a Facebook page that was...um...extremely fake, and he had been banned for similar issues at bw.com as he was here.  If you are referring to Mikie, I did respond to emails, although after a while I quit.  If you are referring to runnersdialzero, I never got an email but I did get a PM from another member asking me to reconsider. At the time we still had 3 mods; it was decided to let the ban stand.  If it is anybody else, I never got the emails.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 15, 2016, 01:31:17 PM »

It's also sad when one imagines that Scott may well have thought, at the time, in his drunken state, that he was not doing anything that was against what the woman had actually wanted.  I'm willing to consider that may possibly have been what was going through his head at the time. If he had mutually drunken encounters in the past with others, where the end result was the partner not feeling in any way like a victim of assault, I could imagine this could possibly have come as a huge shock to him. Not an excuse for poor judgment or inappropriate behavior, but it's more of a tragedy to me if the perpetrator doesn't necessarily realize they are doing something that will affect another in such a negative manner.

I just don't understand it..I mean, I haven't touched hard drugs in almost a decade, haven't taken a drink in almost 3 years, but even when I did, I *never* could have or would have even considered doing anything like Scott did.

Agreed. I don't and can't understand how someone could make the leap that apparently was taken here. It baffles.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 15, 2016, 02:40:21 PM »

Back on topic, from the Claremore (OK)  Daily Progress, here is an article written by someone who attended the trial.

It's also sad when one imagines that Scott may well have thought, at the time, in his drunken state, that he was not doing anything that was against what the woman had actually wanted.  I'm willing to consider that may possibly have been what was going through his head at the time. If he had mutually drunken encounters in the past with others, where the end result was the partner not feeling in any way like a victim of assault, I could imagine this could possibly have come as a huge shock to him. Not an excuse for poor judgment or inappropriate behavior, but it's more of a tragedy to me if the perpetrator doesn't necessarily realize they are doing something that will affect another in such a negative manner.

Agreed. I don't and can't understand how someone could make the leap that apparently was taken here. It baffles.
Even if the woman had said yes and don't remember, you just don't take advantage of someone in that situation. It sounds like she was just too mind altered through drinking, drugs or both to make a rational decision. Very bad decision by Scott to take advantage of her disadvantage.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 15, 2016, 10:42:03 PM »

Well, because
Well some folks who were banned feel that their banning came as a result of disagreeing and/or arguing with Craig
is not true (not the people feeling that way part, the actual inference here is what I'm referring to). And yes, we discuss it as a team (duo, now) but the way it was worded made it sound like I was having my arm twisted, or that he was calling the shots and I was just here for sh*t/grins.

As far as not responding to emails... if you are referring to Nicko, it is because at first I did respond to emails to him, until it was uncovered that he was a previously banned member posting under a different name, and the email address belonged to a Facebook page that was...um...extremely fake, and he had been banned for similar issues at bw.com as he was here.  If you are referring to Mikie, I did respond to emails, although after a while I quit.  If you are referring to runnersdialzero, I never got an email but I did get a PM from another member asking me to reconsider. At the time we still had 3 mods; it was decided to let the ban stand.  If it is anybody else, I never got the emails.

Sorry this is all being raked over again. Billy, strikes me that you have enough on your plate without having to defend the mods' actions.

I don't think we ever got an answer to this, an answer which would surely make everything clear and clear a lot of issues up:

... every word of every mod discussion is archived and available. ...

Glad to hear that the mod discussions of bans are archived and available, as I'm still quite confused about the specifics of what led to AGD's ban.

Where do I find the archived mod discussion info?

“We live in divisive times.”
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: May 15, 2016, 11:52:35 PM »

It's in the mod forum which is only visible to mods, but it is archived. If it had come to it, we'd could have posted the screenshots of the discussions,  but it's past that point now

bachelorofbullets
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 16, 2016, 07:45:12 AM »

Wow he was taking Vicodin and drinking alcohol at the same time, a deadly combo.  Any doctor prescribing Vicodin would explain the dangers of mixing the two (it even says so in big letters on the bottle).  Next question is was it prescribed or not.     

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 16, 2016, 08:58:58 AM »

Agreed and me too. I wonder if being the child of an alcoholic makes one more likely to not consider alcohol an excuse for one's actions. In my experience a drunk person's actions are in character, just more stupidly done. 
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 16, 2016, 10:18:55 AM »

Agreed and me too. I wonder if being the child of an alcoholic makes one more likely to not consider alcohol an excuse for one's actions. In my experience a drunk person's actions are in character, just more stupidly done. 

Yup. It doesn't change a person's character. It takes away inhibitions.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: May 16, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »

Back on topic, from the Claremore (OK)  Daily Progress, here is an article written by someone who attended the trial.

Can't speak for anyone else, but personally speaking it certainly contributed to me feeling like that.

MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 16, 2016, 01:11:36 PM »

While I have never raped anyone, this discussion has led me to believe that I am terrible person, based on my actions while intoxicated. This is disheartening news, but I probably should have figured it out earlier, anyway.

My name is Evan and I am a douchebag.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 16, 2016, 02:41:01 PM »

While I have never raped anyone, this discussion has led me to believe that I am terrible person, based on my actions while intoxicated. This is disheartening news, but I probably should have figured it out earlier, anyway.

My name is Evan and I am a douchebag.
Yeah, me too. A lot of people have been douchebags while drunk. Or not drunk.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 02, 2016, 09:42:11 AM »

Some new updates on the court docket case page. The public official (?) who updates the page apparently doesn't have the best spelling.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=264240&db=Rogers

Not sure I know what all the legal terms mean, perhaps someone here with more legal knowledge can elaborate:

05-26-2016    MO    -    Bennett, Scott Montgomery    7097956    May 27 2016 8:13:36:570AM    -    $ 0.00
   DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR MERGER/MOTION TO DISMISS FOR DOUBLE JEAPORDY PROHIBITION AGAINST MULTIPLE PUNISHMENT
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office

05-26-2016    TEXT    -    Bennett, Scott Montgomery    7097958    May 27 2016 8:12:57:270AM    -    $ 0.00
   SENTENCING MEMORANDUM

05-26-2016    MO    -    Bennett, Scott Montgomery    7097960    May 27 2016 8:09:29:330AM    -    $ 0.00
   MOTION FOR NEW TRIAL

06-01-2016    MO    -    Bennett, Scott Montgomery    7103669    Jun 2 2016 10:06:02:407AM    -    $ 0.00
   MOTION TO QUASH SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM AND BRIEF IN SUPPORT
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 02, 2016, 12:06:53 PM »

Some new updates on the court docket case page. The public official (?) who updates the page apparently doesn't have the best spelling.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=264240&db=Rogers

Not sure I know what all the legal terms mean, perhaps someone here with more legal knowledge can elaborate:

05-26-2016    MO    -    Bennett, Scott Montgomery    7097956    May 27 2016 8:13:36:570AM    -    $ 0.00
   DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR MERGER/MOTION TO DISMISS FOR DOUBLE JEAPORDY PROHIBITION AGAINST MULTIPLE PUNISHMENT

05-26-2016    TEXT    -    Bennett, Scott Montgomery    7097958    May 27 2016 8:12:57:270AM    -    $ 0.00
   SENTENCING MEMORANDUM

05-26-2016    MO    -    Bennett, Scott Montgomery    7097960    May 27 2016 8:09:29:330AM    -    $ 0.00
   MOTION FOR NEW TRIAL

06-01-2016    MO    -    Bennett, Scott Montgomery    7103669    Jun 2 2016 10:06:02:407AM    -    $ 0.00

Which terms were mis-spelled?
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 02, 2016, 12:31:45 PM »

SENTENCING MEMORANDUM

MOTION FOR NEW TRIAL

"JEAPORDY," plus if you go through the rest of that page (looking at items which I didn't copy/paste into my post), there are many more examples.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:34:16 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 02, 2016, 12:41:14 PM »

SENTENCING MEMORANDUM

MOTION FOR NEW TRIAL

"JEAPORDY," plus if you go through the rest of that page (looking at items which I didn't copy/paste into my post), there are many more examples.
CD - I didn't notice that word.  Guess they don't have spell-check.  I was looking at "quash" which most people think is "squash." It gave me a chuckle.  Thanks.  LOL
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: