-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 273930 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #900 on: February 12, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »

I think this is awfully sad because AGD had the potential to be the Beach Boys equivalent of Mark Lewisohn: the group's biographer and chronicler. I have gradually felt over these 20 years, going back to when I started to follow BB news on the web around 1997, that AGD was perhaps not able or willing to just share the joy of being a fan*, that he had to be the smart alec, and that he was envious of David Leaf and Melinda for having Brian's confidences. 

Then there's the PM (see page 27 of the thread) where he says he's almost 60 and feels like he hasn't achieved anything: behind the arrogance I think there is a feeling of not having utilized his talents in the correct way.

OTOH I have to believe that everyone can be redeemed and, maybe, just maybe, Andrew can still turn himself into a fan rather than someone whose ego gets in the way of promoting the love that I'm sure he has for Brian and the band.

*Confession: I feel I can say this because I used to have the same flaws when I posted on the Cabinessence board in the years around 9/11 (1998-2002ish). I was a prick in many threads. Then I saw Brian live for the first time and, ever since, I have just wanted to share in the joy of how this genius has been able to have a rebirth in the second half of his life. I wouldn't want to ever castigate Leaf or Melinda because I know they are a big part of making that joy possible (Pet Sounds live, BWPS, Smile live, etc). I also met Leaf at a BBB covention around 1998 (the same one attended by Billy Hinsche) and I thought he was great. He autographed by Pet Sounds session booklet.

Jon I remember you from those days...never thought you were a prick at all!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 13, 2017, 03:25:19 AM »

I had a couple of meltdowns, tended to go 15 rounds with Mikie and Bungalow Bill (who is presumably delighted with the new POTUS). Not a good memory. OTOH I learned a huge amount from Textus (Steve) and Susan L, and I miss those threads.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 13, 2017, 04:57:52 AM »

I think this is awfully sad because AGD had the potential to be the Beach Boys equivalent of Mark Lewisohn: the group's biographer and chronicler. I have gradually felt over these 20 years, going back to when I started to follow BB news on the web around 1997, that AGD was perhaps not able or willing to just share the joy of being a fan*, that he had to be the smart alec, and that he was envious of David Leaf and Melinda for having Brian's confidences.  

Then there's the PM (see page 27 of the thread) where he says he's almost 60 and feels like he hasn't achieved anything: behind the arrogance I think there is a feeling of not having utilized his talents in the correct way.

OTOH I have to believe that everyone can be redeemed and, maybe, just maybe, Andrew can still turn himself into a fan rather than someone whose ego gets in the way of promoting the love that I'm sure he has for Brian and the band.

*Confession: I feel I can say this because I used to have the same flaws when I posted on the Cabinessence board in the years around 9/11 (1998-2002ish). I was a prick in many threads. Then I saw Brian live for the first time and, ever since, I have just wanted to share in the joy of how this genius has been able to have a rebirth in the second half of his life. I wouldn't want to ever castigate Leaf or Melinda because I know they are a big part of making that joy possible (Pet Sounds live, BWPS, Smile live, etc). I also met Leaf at a BBB covention around 1998 (the same one attended by Billy Hinsche) and I thought he was great. He autographed by Pet Sounds session booklet.
I really like this post. This thread, and the whole AGD thing, makes me sad, not angry. AGD has done a lot of work and did, does have so much potential. But his flaws get in the way, as so many people's do. I understand people have been hurt by him,  but the ongoing trashing of him is inhumane as well.
I admire your clarity on the mission of a Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fan.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 13, 2017, 07:09:25 AM »

I can't help but find it anything other than deeply amusing that the poster doing the lion's share of the stirring is someone who recently flounced off in hugely public manner, vowing never to return. Epic fail.  Grin

I can't help but find it anything other than deeply amusing that the poster doing the lion's share of the stirring is someone who recently flounced off in hugely public manner, vowing never to return. Epic fail.  Grin

Because he thought you were behind it!  Cheesy

I'm guessing someone's feeling pretty silly right now...

After this post I am signing out of Smiley Smile and I’m never logging back in again. Nor will I read the responses to this post (if any responses are made).

I believe that, in the light of current events on the main forum, the only possible comment is...

"Liar, liar, pants on fire !".  Grin

Iffn you're gonna flounce, best stay flounced.

These are some class examples are what happens when you tell the truth then get publicly mocked for it. I told the truth about what I knew, left because nothing was being done about it, was lied about on this forum, came back to defend myself (or as some self-admiring windbags would call it, "flouncing"). Since then the truth has come out and, no, I'm not feeling pretty silly right now...

Billy has since (and up to not too long ago) gone through public humiliation multiple times directly from this guy (solely because Billy told the truth). So yeah, if people are "trashing" him (ie merely exposing the truth about his tactics or defending themselves from public attack) they have every right to do so.

I wouldn't want to ever castigate Leaf or Melinda because I know they are a big part of making that joy possible (Pet Sounds live, BWPS, Smile live, etc).

No one in their right mind would castigate Melinda. But then we live in a world where Brian Wilson's current drug regimen, past drug use, current living situation, current voice, current songs are under scrutiny from people who constantly preach positivity. So I guess anything is possible.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 13, 2017, 07:15:54 AM »

Of course they have the right. I have never sought to block, censor or ban anyone's postings. I also feel that the ongoing public mocking and trashing is inhumane and much of it is ironic.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:21:49 AM by Emily » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #905 on: February 13, 2017, 08:50:52 AM »

The lies are continuing. People are still being attacked personally and lies being used to do so to who knows how many people either naive or tuned-out enough to believe it. Some behaviors which were tearing this board apart and causing good people to leave have apparently resumed on another forum, even though Billy and I as mods here got blamed for ruining this forum once it must have been determined we were not into toe'ing any lines or inventing rules to enforce to appease certain factions and interests.

What is ironic, if anything, is how certain people sat silently and watched as people here got trashed publicly and privately, how lies were told and supported in spite of the truth being made readily available for all to read, and now after all the bullying and PM nonsense and meltdowns and bans and the whole lot, the burden falls on those whose names and reputations were dragged through the mud to not say anything? That's not irony, that's foolishness.

Maybe if peacekeeping and resolution is the goal, demand an apology or an acknowledgement of wrongdoing from those who actively sought to disrupt and cause chaos on this board and actively tried to ruin people by lying and slandering once the efforts failed to "change things" with notions like electing mods and requesting home addresses of board members for interested parties.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 13, 2017, 05:08:43 PM »

Jon I remember you from those days...never thought you were a prick at all!

Same goes for me too, Jon. I always thought of you as a voice of reason (along with Steve Webb and Susan) going against BBill.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 13, 2017, 05:15:53 PM »

Is this thread ever going to be locked and close,d for good?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: February 13, 2017, 07:28:04 PM »

How long will it take to repair the damage caused by the lies and the liars, not to mention their supporters and people naive enough to believe and defend this crap? When that happens, it will be locked. Until then, how do those who got trashed and are still being trashed challenge any of it?

We didn't cause this.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #909 on: February 13, 2017, 08:15:15 PM »

How long will it take to repair the damage caused by the lies and the liars, not to mention their supporters and people naive enough to believe and defend this crap? When that happens, it will be locked. Until then, how do those who got trashed and are still being trashed challenge any of it?

We didn't cause this.

I'm with you.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 13, 2017, 10:21:17 PM »

It's just the same stuff being repeated over and over and over again, there's really no point in stirring the point any further.  Undecided Undecided But I see your point.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:23:16 PM by You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered » Logged

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 14, 2017, 07:47:24 AM »

Thanks for the replies above. I know we are going round and round so I will leave it with my comment that I do think AGD is redeemable and has enough positive qualities to overcome his negatives, but he needs to start pretty soon, with a full mea culpa.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 23, 2017, 07:35:57 AM »

It appears that that the doester has fiddled with his "title". He's now labled himself as "researcher" and with only one, yes that was one, star. Hmmm.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
FFS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 24, 2017, 03:47:22 PM »

FWIW & I expect & deserve no credence to anything I ever opine, I used to only visit the website to view the views & opinions of HimSelf, I later became to view his posts as equal parts revelatory and as a put down. Had no idea about the PMs and other accusations of abuse. His public input is largely a miss to this website, however, the other accusations of wrongdoing seem horribly genuine and tragically sad & nothing rightly should be tolerated in this regard. Well done the mods who took this difficult decision.
Props to those who took what cannot have been an easy decision to block him. I still & will forever miss you AGD, silly sod.

Perfect,  just one more.....
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 28, 2017, 12:19:53 PM »

We didn't cause this.

I'm with you.

Perhaps neither of you caused this, but you perpetuate it on a daily basis. AGD is gone from Smiley Smile, presumably forever. Everyone understands something funky went down. Specifics remain murky and I for one am fine not knowing.  The way forward would be to let it go, but the mods here continue to savor the whole affair. Why? Because you enjoy it. Billy's current moniker makes that very clear.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 12:25:15 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #915 on: February 28, 2017, 01:52:04 PM »

Not that I "enjoy" it, but I am extremely angry about the whole thing. Rather than let the anger consume me, I make light of it. Once I found out he was implying something untoward on why I was homeless to others, I saw the pattern and the gloves came off. So yeah, I have no love at all for that Quaker Oats Guy-looking motherfucking charlatan .

edit

that said, yeah, I probably should let it go.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:08:10 PM by ♩♬☮ Andrew G Love ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 28, 2017, 02:10:34 PM »

Nice new profile Billy! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #917 on: February 28, 2017, 02:13:07 PM »

Thanks LOL

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 28, 2017, 04:30:36 PM »

Not that I "enjoy" it, but I am extremely angry about the whole thing. Rather than let the anger consume me, I make light of it. Once I found out he was implying something untoward on why I was homeless to others, I saw the pattern and the gloves came off. So yeah, I have no love at all for that Quaker Oats Guy-looking motherfucking charlatan .

edit

that said, yeah, I probably should let it go.

Well, I shouldn't tell you how to feel about it. I get that both sides feel angry and betrayed. This is my last comment on the issue.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:33:12 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 28, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »

While we're at it, can we get rid of the ''Bellagidoe" and just call it the "Hall of Shame"?

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: February 28, 2017, 05:50:46 PM »

Actually I'm trying to get it back to what it was....an invisible spot where all deleted threads go to...I am having major issues trying to figure out why it's visible now and I can't change it back

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: February 28, 2017, 05:55:49 PM »

I think I might have fixed it

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 28, 2017, 07:56:41 PM »

I think I might have fixed it

Happy Dance Thumbs Up

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #923 on: February 28, 2017, 08:23:06 PM »

Yeah, I apparently forgot to uncheck a box LOL

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 28, 2017, 10:04:03 PM »

It's still visible, at least to me. It's under the heading "Moderator Stuff".

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: