-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:02:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 273955 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #875 on: January 05, 2017, 08:34:32 AM »

And as late as this past week, bringing things up that actually happened or were happening got dismissed as "paranoia" and those mentioning some of the nonsense that was going on were called "paranoid", and worse. Add that to the lies, the attempts at personally destroying or removing people/posters who weren't toeing the line, the whole ugly ball of wax...it isn't paranoia if it actually happened, and it did happen. Shame on those who lied and still are lying about any of this that happened, in the name of whatever agenda or pursuit they were chasing.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #876 on: January 05, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »

Agreed Thorgil.  What has also become clear is that this charlatan lied to and manipulated many people (including myself) in order to further his agenda. What bothers me even more is the fact that members were bullied  via pm, to the point of leaving the board.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 05, 2017, 09:07:53 AM »

In My Heart He's been around!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #878 on: January 05, 2017, 09:11:54 AM »

Some of the same bullying via PM continued after certain posters left this board, only on other outlets. Does that not sum it up in a nutshell?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #879 on: January 05, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »

Consider all of those who were backing up if not repeating the lies and all these bullshit "campaigns" to change this board, in other words, consider the sources but also what is still happening as of this week, and judge accordingly those willing to lie openly and publicly and try to ruin people over a fucking band message forum.

Good people? Hardly, especially in a few specific cases where actions and words spoke accordingly. "It's all about the music!"? Bullshit, not when fans come under fire and have people actively trying to ruin and dismiss/remove them entirely. Maybe seeing more of the actual "facts" instead of buying the lines of crap that were fed will have some effect moving forward.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 05, 2017, 09:44:02 AM »

What the "Kokomaoist" faction was and is up to (trying to rewrite Beach Boys history, at all costs) has ALWAYS been obvious. What's surprising are the extremes to which this agenda has been brought by some of them. This is one of those cases when reality surpasses imagination by many miles.

I just wonder how many of them still believe the information they were told privately (which I can only imagine is why they are still so bent on trying to rewrite the history). I mean it's a visible/verifiable fact that false information was spread that actually swayed the opinions of people on this forum. I can imagine it's still being done via other capacities.

What bothers me even more is the fact that members were bullied  via pm, to the point of leaving the board.

Agreed, and to add to this I can't believe that at least one person who saw that bullying up close is now a major part of that new forum and that forum even gave the guy doing the bullying (not to mention the passing along of laughingly erroneous allegations) a fucking pedestal to speak on (with a little badge of honor in addition).

But, I'm being threatened with a ban, and AGD is not.  Perhaps I am not important enough?  Or maybe you can't ban, even temporarily, the one person the board was created for?

^Perfectly put. The place is a safehouse for all people who got kicked off this board for doing dumb sh*t.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #881 on: January 05, 2017, 10:16:26 AM »

He feigns neutrality,  but how neutral can you be if you're having dinners with Mike and being comped to shows, in addition to other perks? He may not be getting paid in cash but he has Mike's fist up his ass so far that he pukes out wedding rings.  Everything since about 2006 (and perhaps earlier) has been about spreading as much gossip and lies about the Wilsons and Jardines as possible.  Insider info (ha) with the disclaimer "for your eyes only" that was copied and pasted to numerous people, all false, and all trying to further the agenda.  He's nothing more than a puppet, a Charlie McCarthy who acts like Joseph Mccarthy
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:18:19 AM by ♩♬☮ Dude Where's My Frog?! ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 05, 2017, 10:22:34 AM »

LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 05, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »

He's nothing more than a puppet, a Charlie McCarthy who acts like Joseph Mccarthy
You know Charlie? Cool! Edgar Bergen was mystery guest in the show "What's My Line?". Twice - with Charlie & with then-19-year-old daughter Candice. She said she hated hearing puppet is her brother. I think he's cute. Maybe they were inspiration of the 1978 horror "Magic":

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 05, 2017, 02:33:39 PM »

RR! All past spats are forgotten! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #885 on: January 05, 2017, 02:34:54 PM »

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 05, 2017, 03:03:32 PM »

Somebody photoshop doe and Mike in there!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #887 on: January 05, 2017, 03:05:09 PM »

LOL

SteveMC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 11, 2017, 05:32:21 AM »

For a Mod, you sure are confrontational. I thought you guys were locking this thread?
Your hypocrisy is stunning.

I can tell you holding AGD's nuts so tightly is not your path to redemption.

Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys said of Reynolds: "[He's] just about a god to me. His work is the greatest, and the Freshmen's execution is too much."
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 11, 2017, 05:59:31 AM »

For a Mod, you sure are confrontational. I thought you guys were locking this thread?

Sure is. His latest public praise for a certain person was hilarious given other reading material. The lengths people will go to keep that board afloat...

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 11, 2017, 07:33:12 AM »

No redemption needed whatsoever in his case. He reveled in busting balls whenever the opportunity arose so payback time has arrived and is overdue. And cuddling up to myKe luHv is a further indication of the kokoDoughster's desperation.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #891 on: February 11, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »

Redemption??? Impossible without an acknowledgement of or an apology for what was done for years here, then blamed on "the mods" on this board. Instead there are even more attempts to double down and lie outright to make excuses and distort what happened. Redemption and sweeping things under the carpet are two different notions entirely. And the truth isn't defined as how someone shapes their own opinion of what happened to fit the narrative, even though that seems to be the order of the day with some of those people.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 11, 2017, 11:29:44 AM »

Redemption??? Impossible without an acknowledgement of or an apology for what was done for years here, then blamed on "the mods" on this board. Instead there are even more attempts to double down and lie outright to make excuses and distort what happened. Redemption and sweeping things under the carpet are two different notions entirely. And the truth isn't defined as how someone shapes their own opinion of what happened to fit the narrative, even though that seems to be the order of the day with some of those people.

w00t! w00t!  The crystal ball says there will never (in this lifetime) either an acknowledgement nor an apology forthcoming. Both are not in his vocabulary or realm of his understanding.  Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 11, 2017, 02:26:00 PM »

He will never apologize for slandering Melinda Wilson because he is absolutely certain that he is correct. Makes me wish she was as litigious as Cousin Mike.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
SteveMC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 11, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »

No redemption needed whatsoever in his case. He reveled in busting balls whenever the opportunity arose so payback time has arrived and is overdue. And cuddling up to myKe luHv is a further indication of the kokoDoughster's desperation.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
True. You can laminate a turd, buff it, put a sheen on it but it's still a turd.  LOL
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:46:04 PM by SteveMC » Logged

Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys said of Reynolds: "[He's] just about a god to me. His work is the greatest, and the Freshmen's execution is too much."
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #895 on: February 12, 2017, 12:11:30 AM »

A leopard never changes its spots

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 12, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »

I don't think 'll ever look at Quaker Oats quite the same ever again, Billy.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:41:29 AM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #897 on: February 12, 2017, 08:22:13 AM »

He will never apologize for slandering Melinda Wilson because he is absolutely certain that he is correct.

In that case as well as the board members who were dragged through the mud with similar tactics, one of the more vile aspects isn't just that the slander was passed around, but how many people believed it and continue to believe it.

And the real tragedy wrapped into all that is how many people who should know better continue to believe it if not continue to spread it. I guess it's not really a tragedy but it's pathetic. How does someone go about repairing damage from something like that? I guess keep repeating and countering with the truth is the only way.

harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 12, 2017, 02:36:14 PM »

I think this is awfully sad because AGD had the potential to be the Beach Boys equivalent of Mark Lewisohn: the group's biographer and chronicler. I have gradually felt over these 20 years, going back to when I started to follow BB news on the web around 1997, that AGD was perhaps not able or willing to just share the joy of being a fan*, that he had to be the smart alec, and that he was envious of David Leaf and Melinda for having Brian's confidences.  

Then there's the PM (see page 27 of the thread) where he says he's almost 60 and feels like he hasn't achieved anything: behind the arrogance I think there is a feeling of not having utilized his talents in the correct way.

OTOH I have to believe that everyone can be redeemed and, maybe, just maybe, Andrew can still turn himself into a fan rather than someone whose ego gets in the way of promoting the love that I'm sure he has for Brian and the band.

*Confession: I feel I can say this because I used to have the same flaws when I posted on the Cabinessence board in the years around 9/11 (1998-2002ish). I was a prick in many threads. Then I saw Brian live for the first time and, ever since, I have just wanted to share in the joy of how this genius has been able to have a rebirth in the second half of his life. I wouldn't want to ever castigate Leaf or Melinda because I know they are a big part of making that joy possible (Pet Sounds live, BWPS, Smile live, etc). I also met Leaf at a BBB covention around 1998 (the same one attended by Billy Hinsche) and I thought he was great. He autographed by Pet Sounds session booklet.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:39:46 PM by harrisonjon » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #899 on: February 12, 2017, 02:59:54 PM »

I don't think 'll ever look at Quaker Oats quite the same ever again, Billy.  Cheesy

LOL

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: