-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:44:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 275298 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 04, 2017, 08:17:18 AM »

Ahh crap...oh well, better late than never
I've been searching for the thread, but I don't remember which one it was.
During the good old days...
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23056.msg549028.html#msg549028
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:21:57 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #851 on: January 04, 2017, 08:30:40 AM »

Awesome. ..thank you .

And yes, you definitely were NOT lying
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:31:34 AM by ♩♬☮ Dude Where's My Frog?! ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: January 04, 2017, 08:38:55 AM »

It'd be impossible to prove the PM thing either way, for starters, not without breaking the board rules.

Smile Brian is lying. Billy, you have my permission go into my PM outbox and report back here with the exact number of these  tons of messages pushing my agenda and manipulating this board.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 04, 2017, 09:31:31 AM »

Wow. I'm reading through that thread (I encourage anyone here to do so) and am realizing just how screwed up a campaign there was to denounce those who were speaking out about the PM abuse. Here's a quote from that train-wreck of a thread:

Sometimes we get so far up our own collective ass that we forget, this isn't real. The false accusations, the name calling, the anger, the stupidity, the paranoia... it's transient. No-one really gets hurt.
- AGD

It's funny because I know firsthand that someone was hurt by a statement made by this man from a PM. I know the exact wording in one of these PMs about a man and a family member of his that would make your blood boil if you read it, it's absolutely sickening. This is real, Andrew. Maybe because you hold this belief that it isn't real you decided to spread false accusations about Melinda regarding their children. Maybe because you believe it isn't real made you want to be the errand boy for an "interested party" (gee I wonder who that was) who wanted the home address of a poster here. Maybe because you believe this isn't real made you pass on the information to Billy that Smile Brian was really Melinda Wilson (I've met Smile Brian in real life and I can assure you he isn't Melinda Wilson).

That above quote perfectly illustrates the delusions that surrounded this whole fiasco. In that thread you can see how either Andrew's usual cronies tried to silence those telling the truth regarding false info in PMs, or there were people who actually believed that none of this was going on.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:52:32 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 04, 2017, 09:46:52 AM »

I confess to being one of those who were once on Andrew's side, and as a result I said some very unkind things about Craig. I'm going to take this time to publicly apologize. I'm sorry, Craig. I fell for his game and as a result turned against some of the ones who were really fighting to make this a better place.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: January 04, 2017, 09:49:00 AM »

It's okay Jay, I was another target of that sick game from Doe.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 04, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »

I confess to being one of those who were once on Andrew's side, and as a result I said some very unkind things about Craig. I'm going to take this time to publicly apologize. I'm sorry, Craig. I fell for his game and as a result turned against some of the ones who were really fighting to make this a better place.

Honestly, given the full-blown campaign that was taking place to denounce Craig (and those who were speaking out), had I not seen any evidence of the PMs myself I probably would've done the same thing. Fortunately the evidence finally came out. Sadly there are people out there, in light of public evidence, who still defend this guy (and even give him an honored status...smh).

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: January 04, 2017, 10:48:39 AM »

It is disgusting. A McCarthy-esque slander campaign was waged by a formerly respected "insider" (cough) against the Wilsons, Jardines, and any others who were critical of the Love faction, who claimed to be neutral but the fact that they had numerous dinner dates gives one reason to wonder.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 04, 2017, 10:54:41 AM »

It is disgusting. A McCarthy-esque slander campaign was waged by a formerly respected "insider" (cough) against the Wilsons, Jardines, and any others who were critical of the Love faction, who claimed to be neutral but the fact that they had numerous dinner dates gives one reason to wonder.

Will you be sharing those PMs?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #859 on: January 04, 2017, 11:00:13 AM »

If it proof is needed and it comes down to it, yes. There are still a couple of  people affected that have to be notified first, though.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:01:04 AM by ♩♬☮ Dude Where's My Frog?! ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #860 on: January 04, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »

Still spreading misinfo...

I've been told that elsewhere, doubt has be cast on the accuracy of 10452, specifically the session date for "Drip Drop" being incorrectly listed as August 1974. Which is very odd, because it's correctly listed as October 19th 1978, the date on the AFM contract.

Never said it was listed on the website as being recorded on Aug 1974. He told *me* that. The website has it listed correctly. Why? Because of actual researchers doing their due diligence.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:13:21 PM by ♩♬☮ Dude Where's My Frog?! ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #861 on: January 04, 2017, 07:18:54 PM »

Thank you Jay, I appreciate that very much.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #862 on: January 04, 2017, 08:34:34 PM »

I have to comment on something immediately...

Want to know why Cohen suddenly vanished from this forum ?  Some time previously I'd followed up on something someone alluded to in a PM to me about him, and it panned out, so I filed it for future use. You may recall he consistently denied that his connection with the Big O site made him a bootlegger, so when I finally got fed up with that, I sent him a PM stating (accurately) that I'd spoken with the people he'd worked with on various archive reissues in the UK and how they confirmed that he lost that gig because anything he worked on turned up within a short time on Big O, and that investigations revealed that he'd been copying the tapes he'd had access to. I also noted that various agencies in the UK and US might be interested to know of this.

^Keep in mind that Cohen left the board after Andrew threatened to burn his house down....

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:35:01 PM by ♩♬☮ Dude Where's My Frog?! ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 04, 2017, 08:44:29 PM »

Want to know why Cohen suddenly vanished from this forum ?  Some time previously I'd followed up on something someone alluded to in a PM to me about him, and it panned out, so I filed it for future use. You may recall he consistently denied that his connection with the Big O site made him a bootlegger, so when I finally got fed up with that, I sent him a PM stating (accurately) that I'd spoken with the people he'd worked with on various archive reissues in the UK and how they confirmed that he lost that gig because anything he worked on turned up within a short time on Big O, and that investigations revealed that he'd been copying the tapes he'd had access to. I also noted that various agencies in the UK and US might be interested to know of this.

^Keep in mind that Cohen left the board after Andrew threatened to burn his house down....

I remember that. That at the time seemed like just another "Oh, here's Doe losing his sh*t again. *yawn*", but within the context of that above quote, it's actually quite scary.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 04, 2017, 08:46:04 PM »

Thank you Jay, I appreciate that very much.  Smiley
No problem. I'm just sorry it took this long to fully see the truth of everything.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #865 on: January 04, 2017, 08:52:17 PM »

Want to know why Cohen suddenly vanished from this forum ?  Some time previously I'd followed up on something someone alluded to in a PM to me about him, and it panned out, so I filed it for future use. You may recall he consistently denied that his connection with the Big O site made him a bootlegger, so when I finally got fed up with that, I sent him a PM stating (accurately) that I'd spoken with the people he'd worked with on various archive reissues in the UK and how they confirmed that he lost that gig because anything he worked on turned up within a short time on Big O, and that investigations revealed that he'd been copying the tapes he'd had access to. I also noted that various agencies in the UK and US might be interested to know of this.

I remember that. That at the time seemed like just another "Oh, here's Doe losing his sh*t again. *yawn*", but within the context of that above quote, it's actually quite scary.
Between that, and trying to have me use my mod powers to find the real name and address for OSD, and saying something about what should happen if Ang Jones should turn up missing since he found HER location, well....

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 04, 2017, 08:54:31 PM »

Want to know why Cohen suddenly vanished from this forum ?  Some time previously I'd followed up on something someone alluded to in a PM to me about him, and it panned out, so I filed it for future use. You may recall he consistently denied that his connection with the Big O site made him a bootlegger, so when I finally got fed up with that, I sent him a PM stating (accurately) that I'd spoken with the people he'd worked with on various archive reissues in the UK and how they confirmed that he lost that gig because anything he worked on turned up within a short time on Big O, and that investigations revealed that he'd been copying the tapes he'd had access to. I also noted that various agencies in the UK and US might be interested to know of this.

Between that, and trying to have me use my mod powers to find the real name and address for OSD, and saying something about what should happen if Ang Jones should turn up missing since he found HER location, well....

Didn't something similar happen regarding Oregon River Rider, too?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #867 on: January 04, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »

I need to go back through my PMs to check, but I do know Andrew wasn't exactly the warmest to ORR (and that's putting it mildly)

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 04, 2017, 09:03:58 PM »

I need to go back through my PMs to check, but I do know Andrew wasn't exactly the warmest to ORR (and that's putting it mildly)

I think the root of ORR problems with Doe was his story about how Mike allegedly tried to seduce wife while he was standing right there.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 04, 2017, 09:10:30 PM »

No offense but, if that's the case why the hell wasn't he kicked out long ago???

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #870 on: January 04, 2017, 09:22:36 PM »

No offense but, if that's the case why the hell wasn't he kicked out long ago???

I never saw the PM about Ang...it's still in my inbox though. Screenshot was posted way earlier in this thread.

I thought Cohen was lying because I trusted Andrew. Now in this context it becomes clear he was telling the truth
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:24:06 PM by ♩♬☮ Dude Where's My Frog?! ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #871 on: January 04, 2017, 09:47:15 PM »

I think the root of ORR problems with Doe was his story about how Mike allegedly tried to seduce wife while he was standing right there.

There were other issues too....ORR was upset because he was claiming Andrew was harrassing him (among other things) and I kind of blew it off ...much to my regret. I know now not only was it true, it was WAY worse than I thought

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 04, 2017, 09:59:54 PM »

Maybe one of us should try to track Phil Cohen down and let him know we f***ed up and we believe him now, and welcome him back.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #873 on: January 04, 2017, 10:42:36 PM »

Maybe one of us should try to track Phil Cohen down and let him know we f***ed up and we believe him now, and welcome him back.

I didn't too much care for him, but yeah. At the very least I owe him a massive apology

thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 05, 2017, 08:17:44 AM »

What the "Kokomaoist" faction was and is up to (trying to rewrite Beach Boys history, at all costs) has ALWAYS been obvious. What's surprising are the extremes to which this agenda has been brought by some of them. This is one of those cases when reality surpasses imagination by many miles.

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: