gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:10:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Pledge to Not Read Rocky's Thread  (Read 32592 times)
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2016, 10:43:11 AM »

Cheesy LOL
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2016, 06:16:36 PM »

I suppose it's a matter of personal opinion because I re-watched the original Star Wars the other day with the family and I think we were all bored by it. I've watched the movie three times now and have never been bowled over by it. But I understand that many people love it.

Yeah, lots of people love it, but I suppose there's no accounting for taste.  Star Wars is sh*t.  I liked the toys when I was a kid though.
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2016, 11:01:32 AM »

I owe it to myself to pledge to no longer read either Rocky's thread or that "Let's Go Away For A While" thread.

Please delete my account
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2016, 12:15:36 PM »

I hadn't been back to that thread for awhile - yikes!  I don't dare comment beyond that.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2016, 01:02:07 PM »

I owe it to myself to pledge to no longer read either Rocky's thread or that "Let's Go Away For A While" thread.

Next, I think that someone's gonna claim that Rocky's backing vocals are ever-so-slightly audible in "Let's Put Our Hearts Together"  LOL
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2016, 01:17:35 PM »

Next, I think that someone's gonna claim that Rocky's backing vocals are ever-so-slightly audible in "Let's Put Our Hearts Together"  LOL

It's a bent synth note.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2016, 05:10:04 PM »

Apropos of nothing, I wish this thread was called "The Bullwinkle Thread." 

It's just funny to me.  And pledge seems a bit coercive.  I think the thread itself is kind of useful and totally random and meandering, which I also tend to enjoy.
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2016, 06:17:20 PM »

I also think that, since we are all "on our honor" to keep the pledge, that we should self-report on our success (or failure) to abstain...

Hi, my name is MTaber, I am a Rock-a-holic, and I have not viewed Rocky's thread in 3 days...
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2016, 06:30:52 PM »

I accidentally clicked on the thread a few days ago when I was actually trying to click on this thread.

I hastily exited before reading anything.

I think I'm okay.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2016, 07:49:06 PM »

I actually haven't been since this thread has been started.  I'm also a Pisces and I like yoga, hiking, and soul music.

I have been on the Steve Love thread though.  I was amused to see someone say "Rocky and his haters were equally to blame" (when was the last time a bunch of people that were supposedly disrupting a thread actually exiled themselves for the greater good?  Just sayin') for the devolution of certain threads and then Rocky went on a posting rampage after that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:48:35 PM by adamghost » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2016, 09:53:06 PM »

I now firmly take the pledge. I'm done with the whole gross demoralizing thing and I'm sorry for getting involved in the first place.

It seems we've lost sister Emily.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2016, 09:54:21 PM »

I went in to get a quote then went into the other thread I pledged not to go in and posted the quote. That's 23 hail marys for me.
I'm a Capricorn and I love tomatoes and black capped chickadees.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2016, 10:12:48 PM »

Be careful, guys, we may need to take a pledge to not read THIS thread...  Cool Guy
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2016, 10:29:05 PM »

also, who is Mystery Poster Oswald Thatendswald? One account, two names, two entirely different gigs. Qui est-ce?
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2016, 11:49:26 PM »

I went in to get a quote then went into the other thread I pledged not to go in and posted the quote. That's 23 hail marys for me.
I'm a Capricorn and I love tomatoes and black capped chickadees.

And coincidentally, not only did I listen to "Song for A Future Generation" tonight, but posted it on my Facebook page as well.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2016, 11:50:20 PM »

Be careful, guys, we may need to take a pledge to not read THIS thread...  Cool Guy

No, no, Don, that would be AWESOME!  "The Pledge To Not Read The Pledge To Not Read Rocky's Thread Thread."  We can completely go Dada.  I'm for it!
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2016, 04:26:16 AM »

"The pledge to not view, read, or post in any threads whatsoever" would be a nice, quiet little thread...
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2016, 04:35:08 AM »

Haven't been in that other mess in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.  Not since a number of days before this here 'doohicuss' got started.  I could only take that other crap in doses.  And even then...not so much.  Meanwhile I really think this one is ready for the sandbox now.

It has nothing to do with the BBs.  In keeping 'book'-boy's nonsense here in General Discussion the mods must be TELLING US that 'they' believe 'who's his arse'  was a Beach Boy.   Wink Razz LOL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to hide his poop-fest in the sandbox too.  What are we ... CNN ... where it's ONLY about the ratings and piss on real NEWS?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:39:20 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2016, 04:41:16 AM »

"The pledge to not view, read, or post in any threads whatsoever" would be a nice, quiet little thread...

But who would read it ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2016, 04:44:27 AM »

We need Mtaber to bring back his fanzine and have it be about not reading Rocky's thread!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2016, 04:55:47 AM »

Every page would be blank, aside from a few emoticons...
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2016, 05:02:27 AM »

Friends
Of
Rocky
Pamplin
Linked
And
Yammering

FORPLAY!!!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2016, 05:02:58 AM »

I freely adminive been lured back to read Rockster's thread tho' I'm no rising so far as to actually post.

It's like one of those buttons that says "do not push!"

“We live in divisive times.”
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2016, 09:42:12 PM »

I was so excited to see this thread and Rocky's thread starting to fade off the board and then bam!  Rocky's back.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2016, 10:28:24 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx