gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 11:37:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's band  (Read 105701 times)
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: December 07, 2015, 12:13:59 PM »

tl;dr
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 07, 2015, 12:42:49 PM »

rab - whatever your reasons are for leaving the board, I wish you good luck, keep this music close to your heart and you will always be inspired... Brian, Dennis, & Carl
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 07, 2015, 01:07:06 PM »

[Taking my own advice, deleting this post as the post below expressed my thoughts more constructively]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:48:24 PM by adamghost » Logged
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 07, 2015, 01:33:51 PM »

I thought of a better way to express this thought, bear with me with the double posting.

Of course we all have a right to defend ourselves or express our grievances - be it GF, AGD, Billy, Smiley Smile Associate X, whomever...but (not speaking to any of those folks specifically) isn't it a more constructive response, particularly when you're in relative positions of power (as most of the people concerned are, in their own little ways) after the first couple of go 'rounds (if not before) to ask, "OK, I've heard but don't necessarily agree with everything you've said, but acknowledging that I'm a part of the problem...how can I do better?"  If not to the people with whom we disagree, then to ourselves.  That kind of approach is what defines leaders, really.

Think of how quickly this whole thing would vanish if that was the approach each of us took - which, if the concern is more about the community and less about our individual grievances, would seem to be the right way to go.  (And make no mistake, I see that quite a few people here already have, admirably - especially Klaas, and his inspiring post.  I'd be inspired to see that kind of thinking not just with some of us, but across the board)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:56:01 PM by adamghost » Logged
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 07, 2015, 02:13:22 PM »

I've moderated a few boards myself in the past, and am thus reluctant to criticize any mod, unless said mod is acting in bad faith.

That is not the case here. Any mistakes made -- if indeed any were made at all -- were made in good faith, and not through malice or the gratuitous exercise of power. Can we not therefore walk away from the Bad Place that this thread has become, shaking our heads ruefully as we do so?

Billy drew a line. That line is a good line. Let it abide.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: December 07, 2015, 02:21:27 PM »

Thank you, Clack.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 07, 2015, 06:50:10 PM »

This is a serious question.

If AGD committed his third offense, why was he not banned? Had I missed that determination being made?

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 07, 2015, 07:23:02 PM »

AGD gets like 20 chances before being banned and he deserves it.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: December 07, 2015, 07:35:53 PM »

Does that get added to The New and Revised Rules & Regulations Version 3.1 for Workgroups?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 07, 2015, 10:36:15 PM »

I would also strongly suggest adding a board rule stating that mods are not exempt from board rules. 

Where did a moderator violate board rules?
Nowhere, as of yet. I'm just saying that that should be a board rule.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 07, 2015, 11:37:49 PM »

So much for Rab leaving and never returning, that lasted all of about four days. For what, so he could moan about people who question Craig as a mod? I don't recall anyone acting the drama queen when you called Jason a 'useless fucking moderator' all those times.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 07, 2015, 11:39:56 PM »

To be fair, it was hypehat.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 07, 2015, 11:54:11 PM »

To be fair, it was hypehat.

Whooops, I must be getting my self righteous moaners mixed up.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: December 07, 2015, 11:55:54 PM »

So much for Billy's line.  Sad

I'm making a judgment call.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

^ That is a line. It has been drawn. From this moment, let's all move forward. Please. I've been part of this board for 10 years now. We've all said our points, right? Is there anything left that needs to be said?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:12:48 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: December 08, 2015, 12:34:42 AM »

I'm going to close this. Don't think that the concerns raised from all sides are going away...they are not.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: December 08, 2015, 10:07:12 AM »

I've moderated a few boards myself in the past, and am thus reluctant to criticize any mod, unless said mod is acting in bad faith.

That is not the case here. Any mistakes made -- if indeed any were made at all -- were made in good faith, and not through malice or the gratuitous exercise of power. Can we not therefore walk away from the Bad Place that this thread has become, shaking our heads ruefully as we do so?

I know this topic is closed, and it will stay that way, but clack's post made me decide to make one more remark (which I checked with Billy and Craig before doing so).

I agree with the "in good faith" remark. I can understand if Craig's way of moderating - and in this specific topic his replies - is not in line with what you expect from a mod, but I asure you there's no personal agenda towards other members. Try to place yourself in the position that as a mod you're pretty much attacked by several members on the way you moderate, and feeling unsupported. It's not fair to read about yourself on another board, and not even being able to respond on it. By now it looks like everybody has a personal vendetta towards the other, with both parties being convinced of being right on things, and are not willing to surrender on that. And it's not doing the discussion any good (to put it mildly).

As I was out of the loop for a while, I can't say right away when this started or who's guilty on certain actions, or accusations. Probably everybody concerned has made valid points about the other and has missed a few failures from themselves too. And as long as the discussion continues this way, the animosity towards each other will only worsen.

I don't have a solution at hand. Right now any choice towards certain members would disappoint or anger others. But continuing this way won't help at all either. Those who want to see OSD, SB or AGD being banned, or to see Craig end his moderatorship: it won't happen now. And I ask all involved to please end this discussion here and in other topics. Even if you feel personally hurt, please put it aside; it's not worth the energy, even if you feel that injustice was done to you.

Just to make things clear again: Moderating is done by the 3 of us. We don't act alone, and always inform each other, making important decisions together. Even when I wasn't that present on the board, Billy and Craig contacted me. And if I wasn't available, Billy and Craig made the decisions. Billy, Craig and I support each other, and in this case we're (also) standing behind Craig. That doesn't mean we continue as if nothing has happened. We all learn, also when it comes to moderating. And you don't agree with (one of) us, feel free to say so, but please also give us the benifit of the doubt or at least trust on the fact that we're not acting alone and try to be as impartial as we can.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: December 08, 2015, 11:46:37 AM »

To further clarify and hopefully put a definitive and official end to whatever lies, misconceptions, or rumors have been spoken here and elsewhere regarding the decisions made by the three active moderators of this forum:

Any decision by the moderators since I agreed to join as a moderator was discussed and made by all available moderators. There were NO instances of a single mod making a decision alone without consulting the others and discussing the decision. None of the three active mods tried to assume absolute power and act alone in some way. There were no instances of a member being banned, or other decisions that would affect the board which were made by a moderator acting alone without a discussion and agreement among the available moderators. There were none of these decisions to ban a member made based on any personal vendettas, personal grudges, or most importantly without consulting other mods on that decision, and having an agreement on the decision. No moderators were in any way "bullied" or coerced into making a decision by another moderator, without discussion.

To suggest otherwise is simply false. To use any of the misinformation in some way to force action on this board is irresponsible and should end immediately. The rumors and the lies are not supported by the facts as now spelled out publicly by all three current moderators, and it needs to stop. Moving forward, the same process of discussion and agreement among the mods will continue by the active mods relative to any decision or action taken, and also applied as the board's rules are looked at and discussed relative to changes and additions.

That is the absolute, definitive truth behind all of this. No decisions or actions were, are, or will be made by a single moderator acting alone, and none were or are made without discussion and agreement to act among the available mods.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx