gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 08:28:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's band  (Read 105777 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2015, 01:16:46 PM »

That is not what happened, this whole thread is a setup to get people who agree with Mike Love's online PR campaign in charge on SS.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2015, 01:18:12 PM »

In other news, aliens control the government.

You REALLY believe that, dude? I'd like to hope you're smarter than that. Seriously. I do.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2015, 01:24:20 PM »

All I can say is this nasty drama always seems to follow one "legendary board historian" around wherever he posts. Also with plenty of rude insults over trival facts.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »

So AGD and company are involved in a plot to enact a coup d'board and turn the Smiley Smile Message Board into a fascist dictatorship of Love?

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2015, 01:31:55 PM »

So AGD and company are involved in a plot to enact a coup d'board and turn the Smiley Smile Message Board into a fascist dictatorship of Love?
[/quot

Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:06:50 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2015, 01:41:23 PM »

OK, that's enough. I'm being accused of being in the pay of Mike Love. Prove it, or shut the f*** up. Mods, that's libel. You going to ignore this too ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2015, 01:48:48 PM »

OK, that's enough. I'm being accused of being in the pay of Mike Love. Prove it, or shut the f*** up. Mods, that's libel. You going to ignore this too ?

Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:15:16 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2015, 02:26:05 PM »

Awwww, how cute of you to edit the posts so quickly. I hope this puts the fucking retarded notion of board members being in any of the band members' pockets to sleep once and for all.

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2015, 02:29:13 PM »

Where is anyone saying you're being paid? I'm losing track of insinuations here or perhaps reading this charming thread wrong.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:32:06 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »

In response to OSD's rapidly removed original post stating that accepting freebies equates with me being on the payroll...

Have I been offered comps and BSPs by Mike's people ? Yes.

Did I accept ? Yes: I'm not entirely stupid.

Oh, and... applying this impeccable logic, I've been on Brian's payroll since the summer of 2002.  Grin

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2015, 02:37:26 PM »

Where is anyone saying you're being paid? I'm losing track of insinuations here or perhaps reading this charming thread wrong.

Post #104, which originally read something along the lines of "yes, they're being paid under the table". TRBB can confirm. My post at 8.48, OSD's edit at 9.06. Not an opinion or an insinuation but a flat-out statement. That it was so rapidly removed tells you that he not only realised it was indeed libellous but is also a craven coward without the balls to stand behind his claims.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:42:14 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2015, 02:40:21 PM »

I have OSD's original pre-edited post screenshotted.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2015, 02:43:38 PM »

Care to share, with the board and the mods ?  Roll Eyes

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »

That is not what happened, this whole thread is a setup to get people who agree with Mike Love's online PR campaign in charge on SS.

The thread was started with a link from an article with a highly inappropriate (by the author) and inaccurate comment. 

Online PR campaign?  Seriously. 
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2015, 02:56:24 PM »

Anyone who believes that is in dire need of immediate psychiatric help. Seriously. We got the dude to write the article the way it was so we could start this thread ?  That's rampant insanity and as one who's seen the inside of a fool farm, I speak with no little experience.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »

What is the deal with the still touring trailers?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2015, 03:02:01 PM »

Here's the original post, at the top:

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2015, 03:05:20 PM »

Nice edit job. Roll Eyes

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2015, 03:09:18 PM »

Thanks to TRBB for sending me that.  Smiley

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »

IMO the only thing worse than OSD are the Brian apologists.

As I'm fairly ignorant on the subject, could you possibly define what a Brian apologist is?
There is nothing to sorry about being a fan of Brian Wilson.

Mike fans have to bully to justify their fandom of the asshat from kokomo.

Nobody should have to justify being Brian Wilson and/or Beach Boys fans on this forum, to you or anyone else.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2015, 03:14:12 PM »

They're not fans: they contribute nothing to this forum, just dissent and spite and, as others in this thread have noted, the mods tacitly condone it by their inaction.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2015, 12:39:23 AM »

Well if that wasn't a piece of unfortunate timing, l don't know what is...  Grin

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2015, 12:44:07 AM »

Is this board even being moderated anymore? With all the trollish BS permitted it certain doesn't appear to be.

I said this a few days ago and I'll say it again -- Moderators please wake up and get rid the those responsible for continually posting childish trollish bullshit.

As is very evident from recent comments, many of us are reaching the breaking point wading through this crap. The SS board and the quality of discussion contained therein is being seriously impaired due to the lack of competent moderation.

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2015, 12:48:34 AM »

AGD and I differ on many things, but I agree with him that the recent state of this board leaves something to be desired. I respect GF and Billy greatly, and generally take a dim view of aggressive moderation.

But opinions are made to be changed ...
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2015, 01:11:30 AM »

Seconding Wirestone.
This is my first post here in two and a half years. I don't expect to make another any time soon. I have far more respect for guitarfool and Billy as moderators than I do some of the other mods the board has had in the past, but they haven't been able to stop this board descending into the worst kind of cesspit.
I still check here every day, because it's the first place to get any kind of news, but I feel disgusted every time I do. And while OSD and SmileBrian are far from the *only* reason for that, they're by far the most obvious.
I have never, *NEVER*, seen a single post from OSD that wasn't either abusing other board members or posting childish insults about Mike and Bruce. Not once, and I've been reading this board for about six years. Mike's done *plenty* worth criticising, but I can't for the life of me imagine what could make someone be so completely consumed with hatred for someone whose greatest "crime" is singing a bit nasal (OK, he made Looking Back With Love, that was thirty-four years ago, he's paid his debt to society...).
I'm not an "important" board member. No-one really cares if I post here or not. But I've spoken to a number of more important people about this place -- people who have made important contributions -- and they feel the same way. And if I've been driven off because this place is so horrible, so will other people have been.
This used to be the single best place on the Internet to discuss the Beach Boys. I suspect that's been lost permanently, thanks to the behaviour of a number of people. But there's not even a *chance* to make it worthwhile again while OSD and SmileBrian are allowed to go around just... just *smearing sh*t* all over every single thread.
Ban them.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx