gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:20:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489963 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: March 18, 2016, 02:09:02 PM »

Smiley Smiley So, when Mike-y LEVITATED (the only time in his spiritual life) and shook my hand over and over again while calling me a hero for the "NO DRUGS KNOCK OUT PUNCH!"  he later... turned on Stephen...(and BETRAYED Stephen) for sending him that AWFUL telegram that read: "NOW IS NOT THE TIME IN YOUR LIFE TO BE STUPID"... Get back here (from your ashram) and rehearse with the band... FOR THE TOUR in TWO WEEKS!  I told Stephen then, "Maybe it's not such a GOOD IDEA  to call a STUPID person STUPID!"  It's like trying to teach a PIG to sing... It doesn't work... and it "IRRITATES" THE PIG!  Mike-y ALL OF A SUDDEN... has a CHANGE OF HEART! (Huh... what a joke... HEART?) and "DECIDES" TO NOW SIDE WITH Dennis and Carl... to have Stephen REMOVED as MANAGER!  Makes "PERFECT SENSE"... You ALWAYS FIRE THE GUY WITH INTEGRITY... who RESURRECTS YOUR FLOUNDERING CAREER... INVESTS YOUR MONEY and MAKES EACH of YOU MILLIONS... and then there's that little matter of SAVING Brian's LIFE!  "THAT NEVER HAPPENED"... Marilyn didn't call Stephen when she walked in on Brian offering...(well, you know what) to their 7yr-old daughter!  And Stephen didn't "BEG" Marilyn not to have Brian COMMITTED to a MENTAL HOSPITAL (Shhh... don't say that too loud... the "angry 13" don't like to hear that... It's not respectful of Brian)  Where was I?  Oh, then Stephen hired Stan (when his name was still spelled with a capital "S") and that  "BULLY" Rocky (in the immortal words of David Frost... Shhh... Don't speak ill of the dead... We must be politically correct!) for after all it was those two "THUGS" (that Stephen hired) who "DARED" to keep "DRUGS OUT OF Brian's LIFE"... FOR THREE YEARS!... the FIRST THREE YEARS I MIGHT ADD... for those FIRST FEW YEARS are ALWAYS THE MOST CRUCIAL YEARS for the simple reason that if DRUGS are "NOT" kept out of the DRUG addict's life... "THEY OFTENTIMES ARE NOT HERE WITH US ANY LONGER, as in... they "DIE"!!!!  But who want's to be a stickler?  It's just a little "minor" point...  Brian still being ALIVE TODAY (at 73 yrs young), but who's keeping track of inconsequential facts like that?  I mean, what's IMPORTANT IS THAT Mike-y WROTE ALL THE SONGS... RIGHT, Mike-y ... Isn't that what you told Stan and me to...  LOL LOL  Shhh... People get "KILLED" for saying the TRUTH! (If anything "EVER" happens to me... YOU All KNOW WHO DID IT!)

Rocky, was the whole incident with Stephen calling Mike "stupid", in your opinion based on your observations, some sort of unusual occurrence between these guys, and between members of the band in general? Was it a freak one-off incident? Did nobody else ever stand up to or talk to Mike that way? Or were words/insults like that thrown around between one another more regularly, and this one incident just happened to set Mike off? I would have guessed that between all of the Boys, as well as the Love brothers, that it wouldn't have been all that unusual for words like "stupid" to be directed at one another every now and then.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:12:00 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 18, 2016, 02:21:34 PM »

85,000 Rocky Fans Can't Be Wrong
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 18, 2016, 02:35:39 PM »

Smiley Smiley So, when Mike-y LEVITATED (the only time in his spiritual life) and shook my hand over and over again while calling me a hero for the "NO DRUGS KNOCK OUT PUNCH!"  he later... turned on Stephen...(and BETRAYED Stephen) for sending him that AWFUL telegram that read: "NOW IS NOT THE TIME IN YOUR LIFE TO BE STUPID"... Get back here (from your ashram) and rehearse with the band... FOR THE TOUR in TWO WEEKS!  I told Stephen then, "Maybe it's not such a GOOD IDEA  to call a STUPID person STUPID!"  It's like trying to teach a PIG to sing... It doesn't work... and it "IRRITATES" THE PIG!  Mike-y ALL OF A SUDDEN... has a CHANGE OF HEART! (Huh... what a joke... HEART?) and "DECIDES" TO NOW SIDE WITH Dennis and Carl... to have Stephen REMOVED as MANAGER!  Makes "PERFECT SENSE"... You ALWAYS FIRE THE GUY WITH INTEGRITY... who RESURRECTS YOUR FLOUNDERING CAREER... INVESTS YOUR MONEY and MAKES EACH of YOU MILLIONS... and then there's that little matter of SAVING Brian's LIFE!  "THAT NEVER HAPPENED"... Marilyn didn't call Stephen when she walked in on Brian offering...(well, you know what) to their 7yr-old daughter!  And Stephen didn't "BEG" Marilyn not to have Brian COMMITTED to a MENTAL HOSPITAL (Shhh... don't say that too loud... the "angry 13" don't like to hear that... It's not respectful of Brian)  Where was I?  Oh, then Stephen hired Stan (when his name was still spelled with a capital "S") and that  "BULLY" Rocky (in the immortal words of David Frost... Shhh... Don't speak ill of the dead... We must be politically correct!) for after all it was those two "THUGS" (that Stephen hired) who "DARED" to keep "DRUGS OUT OF Brian's LIFE"... FOR THREE YEARS!... the FIRST THREE YEARS I MIGHT ADD... for those FIRST FEW YEARS are ALWAYS THE MOST CRUCIAL YEARS for the simple reason that if DRUGS are "NOT" kept out of the DRUG addict's life... "THEY OFTENTIMES ARE NOT HERE WITH US ANY LONGER, as in... they "DIE"!!!!  But who want's to be a stickler?  It's just a little "minor" point...  Brian still being ALIVE TODAY (at 73 yrs young), but who's keeping track of inconsequential facts like that?  I mean, what's IMPORTANT IS THAT Mike-y WROTE ALL THE SONGS... RIGHT, Mike-y ... Isn't that what you told Stan and me to...  LOL LOL  Shhh... People get "KILLED" for saying the TRUTH! (If anything "EVER" happens to me... YOU All KNOW WHO DID IT!)

Rocky, was the whole incident with Stephen calling Mike "stupid", in your opinion based on your observations, some sort of unusual occurrence between these guys, and between members of the band in general? Was it a freak one-off incident? Did nobody else ever stand up to or talk to Mike that way? Or were words/insults like that thrown around between one another more regularly, and this one incident just happened to set Mike off? I would have guessed that between all of the Boys, as well as the Love brothers, that it wouldn't have been all that unusual for words like "stupid" to be directed at one another every now and then.
Smiley Smiley No one would "Dare" call someone... "Stupid"... who's last report card in high school... was ALL"D"s and one "F"... which "Stan"-d  for "D"umb and "F"u*king Dumber!  The one time M"l"ke-y went to Stephen's pad on The Strand in Manhattan Beach... was to tell Stephen... I DON'T WANT MY YOUNGER BROTHER... TELLING ME WHAT TO DO! LOL LOL   It was an "ISOLATED" incident... meaning it happened "ONE" time!  Mike-y's EGO is so FRAGILE... that Stephen simply insinuating "NOW" is not the time to be "STUPID" "ONE" time meant "WAR" to Mike-y's bald ears... I mean EARS without hair on them!  It was "ONE" of the few mistakes Stephen ever made ... but it did cost him dearly!  Like I said... NEVER TRY TO TEACH A "PIG" TO SING...         IT NEVER WORKS... AND IT IRRITATES THE "PIG!" Transcendental Meditation LOL  SOON Mike-y WILL BE SINGING "GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT I WAS THINKING" WHEN I WAS soooooo "STUPID!" to have "CROSSED" Brian!  The Fans Now Boo Me Off Stage... THERE'S NOWHERE TO RUN... NOWHERE TO HIDE! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:55:45 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 18, 2016, 03:01:15 PM »

Smiley Smiley JUICED "miss" lonely but you know you only used to get... juiced in it... It will be 86,000 by the end of the day!  And ...let's see... by Monday... 88,000... PUSHING 90,000... and by the following Monday... "Ta Da"... 100,000 "Wha--OoH"  LOL LOL  Keep JUICIN' IT... JUICED!  YOU'RE MY GOOD LUCK CHARM! Cool Guy Razz  Smokin' Wink
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:49:28 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1929 on: March 18, 2016, 03:22:00 PM »

So... bald ears means ears without hair on them ? Well goshdarn it, who would have ever guessed that ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 18, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »

So... bald ears means ears without hair on them ? Well, gosh darn it, who would have ever guessed that?
 Smiley Smiley "doe doe boy"  YOUR EARS HAVE TOILET "GRUNDOE" on them... "grunge and doe"  LOL LOL  "doe doe" Aren't you tired of getting the sh*t kicked out of you?... Oh... that's why you keep your head stuffed in that toilet!  Beer Drinking Buddies   Come on... somebody with some moxie... My grandmother is tougher than you... doe doe Grin  I got it... You and Juiced should get married... You're both lonely... and smashed out of your minds... all you two do... IS READ ME... Oh... and you can have EXCESSIVE Emily perform the ceremony!  I'm sure a few Smile readers will attend... maybe even the whole "angry 13"  What a day that would be to remember Smokin'  OR NOT...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:47:39 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 18, 2016, 04:05:02 PM »

I think Knockout would be a more appropriate name for the book at this point.

I think "(Dumber Than) A Box Of Rocks", with a subtitle "Rocky's Greatest Hits", with a reference to Dennis and Carl.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1932 on: March 18, 2016, 04:14:52 PM »

It's true - some people ARE so dumb, they don't know how dumb they are.

Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 18, 2016, 04:34:14 PM »

Smiley Smiley JUICED "miss" lonely but you know you only used to get... juiced in it... it will be 86,000 by the end of the day!  And ...let's see... by Monday... 88,000... PUSHING 90,000... and by the following Monday... "Ta Da"... 100,000 "Wha--OoH"  LOL LOL  Keep JUICIN IT... JUICED!  YOUR MY GOOD LUCK CHARM! Cool Guy Razz  Smokin Wink

But ROCK, you never turned around, to see the frown...on the juggler and the CLOWN, when Brian slipped away from..you!! Wink
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 18, 2016, 04:36:24 PM »

I think Knockout would be a more appropriate name for the book at this point.

I think "(Dumber Than) A Box Of Rocks", with a subtitle "Rocky's Greatest Hits", with a reference to Dennis and Carl.
Smiley Smiley Now that is funny... here here!  Touche!  Finally someone with some "Wit and Grit"  Where the hell have YOU been? ... I've been falling asleep here!  Oh... your dick has been stuck in some chain link fence in Sonora?... Does that mean you were trying to sneak out of Sonora?  Ya know, I'M GONNA BUILD A WALL... So High around Sonora... and I'm going to make SONORA "PAY FOR IT!" LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:43:48 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: March 18, 2016, 04:42:10 PM »

Smiley Smiley JUICED "miss" lonely but you know you only used to get... juiced in it... it will be 86,000 by the end of the day!  And ...let's see... by Monday... 88,000... PUSHING 90,000... and by the following Monday... "Ta Da"... 100,000 "Wha--OoH"  LOL LOL  Keep JUICIN IT... JUICED!  YOUR MY GOOD LUCK CHARM! Cool Guy Razz  Smokin Wink

But ROCK, you never turned around, to see the frown...on the juggler and the CLOWN, when Brian slipped away from..you!! Wink
Smiley Brian slipped away from his "honest injun" cousin... Steve Korthof! Keep up Juiced! You never understood it ain't no good...you shouldn't let other people get your DRINKS for you! LOL Smokin
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 04:48:27 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 18, 2016, 05:01:07 PM »

Smiley Smiley Emily... is your head in the sand again? ... Stephen said he thought he saw a pair of legs flailing away in the air... when he was surfing the Cape in Hanalei Bay today! LOL LOL
It's OK... as long as your head isn't in doe doe boy's toilet!  That would really be GROSS... Can you "IMAGINE" what's in there? ... I wonder if you can... something to "kill" or die trying to!   Ooo-uf  LOL
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:41:31 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 18, 2016, 05:49:15 PM »

Afro Afro Afro What I Huh Sad Sad Sad Sad Shocked Shocked really want to know Cool Guy is why police the 3D 3D excessive use of the  Smiley emoticons?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:51:49 PM by BachelorsDegreeInBullets » Logged

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 18, 2016, 06:02:08 PM »

Smiley Smiley emily... is your head in the sand again... Stephen said he thought he saw a pair of legs flailing away in the air... when he was Surfing, off the cape, in Hanalei today! LOL LOL
It's OK... as long as your head isn't in doe doe boy's toilet!  That would really be GROSS... can you "IMAGINE" what's in there... I wonder if you can... something to "kill" or die trying to!   Ooo-uf  LOL

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Truly, one of the funniest posts so far!! Just "doe doe boy" alone is comedic brilliance.  Happy Dance
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:18:44 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Forrest Gump
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 19, 2016, 05:37:51 PM »

Smiley Smiley Not to get all Islamic on the Smile readers, I think it is appropriate to mention a key passage from the Qur'an that pertains to an important covenant. Before I get to that I want to explain that Muhammad was born circa 570 in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.  He is considered the last known prophet.  He gave the world the Qur'an.  The Qur'an is revered as the word of God, dictated to Muhammad by the archangel Gabriel.  It is accepted as the foundation of Islamic law, religion, culture, and politics.  
     The covenant I am referring to says:  "Be good to your parents, relatives, friends, orphans and the destitute.  You shall not expel your own people from your homes."  He warned about killing one's own people, expelling a family member from your homes, harming each other with sin and aggression, and asked:  "So what punishment do such people among you, who behave like this, deserve?  Disgrace in this world and to be driven to grievous punishment on the day of judgment.
     Allah is not unaware of what you do.  As for the people who trade the life of the hereafter for the life of this world, neither their punishment shall be lightened nor shall they be helped.  Those who commit evil and become encircled in sins are the inmates of hellfire; they shall dwell therein forever.  As for those who believe and do good deeds, they will be the residents of paradise and live therein forever.' Smiley Smiley

but what about the virgins?
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 19, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »

What virgins?? (ducking)

Who knew that, just like "Johnny Carson," the way he (Rocky) keeps it up could make you cry (with tears of laughter)?

Reading this (in whole or in part, depending on one's level of stamina...) it really is amazing that the BBs survived the 70s--the second half of the decade (and '78-'79 in particular) was just brutal.

The question that should be asked here (IMO) is what Rocky may know about the financial history of Mike Love--a man who lives up to the line in "I Just Got My Pay" ("I like spending my money")...

Don't stop at 100,000, Rocky, go for a quarter-million! Hold out for the big bucks!!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 19, 2016, 10:29:40 PM »

What virgins?? (ducking)

Who knew that, just like "Johnny Carson," the way he (Rocky) keeps it up could make you cry (with tears of laughter)?

Reading this (in whole or in part, depending on one's level of stamina...) it really is amazing that the BBs survived the 70s--the second half of the decade (and '78-'79 in particular) was just brutal.

The question that should be asked here (IMO) is what Rocky may know about the financial history of Mike Love--a man who lives up to the line in "I Just Got My Pay" ("I like spending my money")...

Don't stop at 100,000, Rocky, go for a quarter-million! Hold out for the big bucks!!

Holy crap! Someone needs to do a cover of Johnny Carson, redone as: Raw---cky... Pamp---lin!! Totally serious!!

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 20, 2016, 08:56:59 AM »

Mike is loveless when it comes to Brian... Money is Mike's God!  He can't write songs so he sues Brian!  Ask Jerome Billet!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:21:17 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 20, 2016, 09:12:44 AM »

Mike is loveless when it comes to Brian... Money is Mike's God!

Rocky, I just listened to California Feeling last night (it's been awhile since I listened to it).  Great job on the vocal  Smiley I've always liked that and it would not have been out of place on a Beach Boys Lp.  Did any of the other guys object to you recording a vocal, maybe feeling a little worried Brian might use you more?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1944 on: March 20, 2016, 09:17:58 AM »

Given that was an American Spring recording, l'd doubt they were very fussed.

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 20, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »

He wasn't asking you doe doe... "GET BACK" IN YOUR TOILET!  "GET BACK DOE DOE"... wasn't that the lyric to the Beatles song?  Oh... that was "Get Back... jo jo... refering to Yoko!  Yoko... jo jo... doe doe... there all the same... NO ONE WANTED THEM AROUND!  ha ha  LOL LOL
Brian singing on it... made it GREAT for me!                                    

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:05:04 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 20, 2016, 03:06:07 PM »

It's sad.  I was actually feeling the family tragedy here.  Greed, betrayal, more greed, more betrayal.  Then it all turns into people aggressively attacking each other again - here.  

No wait, am I watching American politics or America's Band?  I guess one can't separate the two.  Metaphor meets a weird form of reality - it always has with this band and this family.  Poetry, I guess, maybe...or just plain heart-broken comments.

Thank heavens for the music.

Smiley Smiley It is sad... I told everyone "Wipeout" is a story of DECEIT and BETRAYAL... where FAMILY ARE FAIR GAME! Smiley Smiley "Good Vibrations is where Brian checked out!  (You do the math)  Debbie, are you the girl that went to Hawaii with Brian when we went there in '78?

Yes, I am that girl - well, a much older lady now but, yes.  I actually didn't remember the year, since I didn't keep a journal.

BTW - may I apologize these decades later for being skeptical about your singing for Brian in the car ride to the airport?  I'm afraid I had just seen him indulge far too many barely adequate singers to make them happy.  You; however, sounded really good on "California Feelin'."  I had no idea.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:26:47 PM by Debbie KL » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1947 on: March 20, 2016, 03:20:19 PM »

He wasn't asking you doe doe... Get back to your toilet!  Just

The version collectors have had since, oh, the mid 80s, has Brian only on the tag - the rest of the vocals are Marilyn, Diane and yourself. Recorded at Brother, summer 1977. A Tuesday, as I recall.

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 20, 2016, 04:36:57 PM »

He wasn't asking you doe doe... Get back to your toilet!  Just

The version collectors have had since, oh, the mid 80s, has Brian only on the tag - the rest of the vocals are Marilyn, Diane and yourself. Recorded at Brother, summer 1977. A Tuesday, as I recall.

Yes, I've had it since the late 80s/early 90s.  Still a good version.  The Boys were obviously concerned enough that they wanted to put out their own version.  Shame it didn't happen at the time.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 20, 2016, 09:19:43 PM »

It's sad.  I was actually feeling the family tragedy here.  Greed, betrayal, more greed, more betrayal.  Then it all turns into people aggressively attacking each other again - here. 

No wait, am I watching American politics or America's Band?  I guess one can't separate the two.  Metaphor meets a weird form of reality - it always has with this band and this family.  Poetry, I guess, maybe...or just plain heart-broken comments.

Thank heavens for the music.

Smiley Smiley It is sad... I told everyone "Wipeout" is a story of DECEIT and BETRAYAL... where FAMILY ARE FAIR GAME! Smiley Smiley "Good Vibrations is where Brian checked out!  (You do the math)  Debbie, are you the girl that went to Hawaii with Brian when we went there in '78?

Yes, I am that girl - well, a much older lady now but, yes.  I actually didn't remember the year, since I didn't keep a journal.

BTW - may I apologize these decades later for being skeptical about your singing for Brian in the car ride to the airport?  I'm afraid I had just seen him indulge far too many barely adequate singers to make them happy.  You; however, sounded really good on "California Feelin'."  I had no idea.
Debbie, can you please share your perspective. How did Brian seem around Rocky?

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx