gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:08:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489783 times)
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 16, 2016, 03:03:36 PM »

For ALL the SMILE READERS who might be worried about MY SAFETY... I LIVE IN A GATED SECURE COMPLEX... with 24-hour LIVE SECURITY GUARDS!  I mean, I LOVE to have fun as much as you all obviously do... but I'm NOT CRAZY!

Ok!  Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc0_Xnvl3t4
Smiley Smiley One of my favorite movies...  If you only knew how many times I've said... the "angry 13" are "THE CUCKOO'S NEST!" LOL LOL  Jack's a friend of mine... He's in My Book!                    He also put me in the movie he directed at the University of Oregon... called "Drive He Said"  We've been friends ever since!  IS THAT ALL YOU GUYS GOT?  Jesus!  I gotta find a crowd that's really TOUGH!   BUNCH OF PUSHOVERS!  Hello Hello
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:29:46 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 16, 2016, 03:20:43 PM »

For ALL the SMILE READERS who might be worried about MY SAFETY... I LIVE IN A GATED SECURE COMPLEX... with 24 hour LIVE SECURITY GUARDS!  I mean I LOVE to have fun as much as you'all obviously do... but I'm NOT CRAZY!

Ok!  Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc0_Xnvl3t4
Smiley Smiley One of my favorite movies...  If you only knew how many times I've said... the "angry 13" are "THE CUCKOOS NEST!" LOL LOL  Jack's a friend of mine... he's in My Book!                    He also put me in the Movie he directed at the University of Oregon... called "Drive He Said"  We've been friends ever since!  IS THAT ALL YOU GUY'S GOT?  Jesus!  I gotta find a crowd that's really TOUGH!   BUNCH OF PUSHOVERS!  Hello Hello

Jack's the best Batman villain ever. Good thing Brian wasn't around the set of Batman 1989 to mistake Jack in Joker makeup for another clown to punch.

Rocky, you've got to create and update your IMDB.com page for yourself! It's the internet's encyclopedia for every single film/tv show that has ever existed (no matter how obscure), where all actors/crew are listed, even those who aren't screen-credited. You'll get hooked on browsing through the site if you haven't seen it before.

Here's the page for "Drive He Said" (some interesting Plot Keywords are listed by IMDB for that title  Grin):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068509/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:26:43 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: March 16, 2016, 03:31:34 PM »

Smiley Smiley I was "cast" in the the Movie... I gave up the part because I had PROMISED MY SISTER I WOULD GO TO HER SORORITY SENIOR BALL WITH HER at Chico State 1969...(it conflicted time wise) Would you have given up the part?  Jack loved me for doing so! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:33:24 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 16, 2016, 03:33:14 PM »

Smiley Smiley I was "cast" in the the Movie... I gave up the part because I had PROMISED MY SISTER I WOULD GO TO HER SORORITY SENIOR BALL WITH HER... at Chico State 1969... would you have given up the part?  Jack loved me for doing so! LOL LOL

In the words of Maxwell Smart, missed it by that much!
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: March 16, 2016, 03:36:01 PM »

Smiley Smiley I was "cast" in the the Movie... I gave up the part because I had PROMISED MY SISTER I WOULD GO TO HER SORORITY SENIOR BALL WITH HER... at Chico State 1969... would you have given up the part?  Jack loved me for doing so! LOL LOL

Smiley Century Depr"a"ved... that's not all you're MISSING! LOL Smokin' Nice try...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:25:23 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: March 16, 2016, 03:38:44 PM »

Smiley Smiley You know... the more the "angry 13" distract me... the LESS time I have to tell you more SH*T on... Mike-y! Evil Evil  And I've got a "ton-of-Mike-y-sh*t" LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:24:11 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 16, 2016, 03:41:00 PM »

Smiley Smiley I was "cast" in the the Movie... I gave up the part because I had PROMISED MY SISTER I WOULD GO TO HER SORORITY SENIOR BALL WITH HER... at Chico State 1969... would you have given up the part?  Jack loved me for doing so! LOL LOL

Smiley Century Depr"a"ved... that's not all your MISSING! LOL Smokin

I'm honored, Rock Grin Insulted by the best. I feel like I just got razzed by the Diceman himself at an Andrew Dice Clay show!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:42:11 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 16, 2016, 03:44:11 PM »

Smiley Century Depr"a"ved... that's not all your MISSING! LOL Smokin

I'm honored, Rock Grin I feel like I just got razzed by the Diceman himself at an Andrew Dice Clay show!
 Smiley Smiley You rolled the Dice and LOST... he was at least funny... in a Sick kinda way... kind of like the "angry 13" LOL LOL  Stick to being DEPR"A"VED!  Don't go away MAD... just GO AWAY!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:49:59 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 16, 2016, 03:53:41 PM »

Rocky needs an album called "Rocky loves you" Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 16, 2016, 04:11:31 PM »

He needs something....
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: March 16, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »

Banana
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 16, 2016, 05:07:02 PM »

Smiley Smiley I was "cast" in the the Movie... I gave up the part because I had PROMISED MY SISTER I WOULD GO TO HER SORORITY SENIOR BALL WITH HER at Chico State 1969...(it conflicted time wise) Would you have given up the part?  Jack loved me for doing so! LOL LOL

Rocky, are there any other films you haven't been in?

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 16, 2016, 06:50:50 PM »

Rocky, are there any other films you haven't been in?

gold.  Grin
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1863 on: March 17, 2016, 04:02:36 AM »

For the record, Pamplin, my Doors book sold 100,000 copies before going out of print. My BB ComGuide sold about 30,000. That's hard sales, in shops, that earned me royalties, as opposed to views on an internet forum. You asked, you got told.

And that's just me - there are other authors posting here, real writers far better than I and certainly far better than you. Boast of being an author when you've had a book published. On current evidence, that's going to be a long, long time.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:56:06 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1864 on: March 17, 2016, 05:07:57 AM »

So... Brian was in bed for ten years from 1967 ? Interesting - so who were you (not) protecting on tour in 1977 ? Can't have been Brian, 'cause he was in bed. You say he was, so it must be the truth.

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 17, 2016, 10:02:07 AM »

So... Brian was in bed for ten years from 1967 ? Interesting - so who were you (not) protecting on tour in 1977 ? Can't have been Brian, 'cause he was in bed. You say he was, so it must be the truth.
Smiley Smiley "doe boy"... QUIT GRASPING!!!  YOU REEK of DESPERATION...   You're like the Trump Protesters... "FEEBLE"!   IF YOU'RE SO GREAT... What the hell are you doing READING ME... EVERYDAY?  You're a POSTING CONTRADICTION!   GET A LIFE... "feeble doe boy" LOL  Smokin'
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:27:53 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 17, 2016, 10:11:55 AM »

What the hell are you doing READING ME... EVERYDAY?

For once Mr Pamplin has a point. What are any of us doing here reading his tripe?

Thanks for the suggestion Rocky, and bye!

“We live in divisive times.”
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 17, 2016, 10:12:59 AM »

Smiley Smiley "doe boy"... QUIT GRASPING!!!  YOU REEK of DESPERATION...   Your like the Trump Protesters... "FEEBLE"!   IF YOUR SO GREAT... What the hell are you doing READING ME... EVERYDAY?  Your a POSTING CONTRADICTION!   GET A LIFE... "feeble doe boy" LOL  Smokin

Rocky, are you a supporter of Donald Trump?
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 17, 2016, 10:25:02 AM »

What the hell are you doing READING ME... EVERYDAY?

For once Mr Pamplin has a point. What are any of us doing here reading his tripe?

Thanks for the suggestion Rocky, and bye!
He does have a point, though I'm going to miss all his ironic posts, like the one above where he again projects his feelings onto, this time, Mr. Doe.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 17, 2016, 10:36:31 AM »

Smiley Smiley So Stan... THE ONLY FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK... TO "NEVER EVER" START A SINGLE GAME!  That's gotta be a record... Smokin'   Hey... I heard you're going to write a book...
That reminds me of the time I asked you if you had ever READ A BOOK... ALL THE WAY THROUGH... every PAGE...  AND YOU ADMITTED YOU HAD NOT!  You were 33 years old... it was 1983!  So... I LITERALLY CHALLENGED YOU... to READ "ONE" BOOK... every single page.  And you accepted the CHALLENGE... So I gave you the book... "How to win friends and influence people"... by Dale Carnegie!
You started reading it... and I would see it on the coffee table... as the days rolled by... After a week you were about a quarter of the way through it!  I could tell because the first 50 pages or so were separated from each other.  Another week later... about 100 pages were separated...  By the end of three weeks... you had read about 3/4s of... "ONE OF THE MOST SOLD AND MOST WIDELY READ BOOKS OF ALL TIME"... and then it just sat there... the last 35 pages remained UNOPENED!  So I asked you... did you ever finish reading this book?... as I held it up... so it was obvious the last quarter of the book had not been read...  AND YOU SAID... "No" (I said,  "Well, at least you didn't LIE!")  But Stan... we had a PERSONAL "BET"... a PERSONAL "CHALLENGE"... the whole CRITERIA... was SIMPLY... TO READ THE "ENTIRE" book...    Your response was... "It got repetitious.  I read the last page!" Smokin' Smokin'
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:25:58 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1870 on: March 17, 2016, 11:09:11 AM »

Why am l - why are any of us - still reading this barely literate tripe ?

I guess... it's analogous to watching a train wreck, or a really, really bad movie. You know you should look away, but you want to see just how bad it gets. Pamplin's posts remind me, increasingly, of a sputtering five year old who is so angry they can't speak properly. So happens l find this hugely diverting.

And something to consider: the incidents already reported in Steve Gaines book excepted, there's only one source for, say, the clown incident. Guess who ? As for Stan's pro sports career, well, he managed four seasons in the majors whereas  Pamplin was cut in preseason. Twice. And it's  Stan's career that's a bust ? I think we may have found the clown...

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 17, 2016, 11:38:57 AM »

Smiley Smiley Stan, even though you're just a footnote in my book, why don't YOU TAKE YOUR FOOT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH for just a minute and explain to the SMILE READERS... how when you FLUNKED out of basketball and were UNEMPLOYABLE with NO DEGREE from COLLEGE and NO SKILLS other than playing bb - and your brother Stephen Love, manager of the Beach Boys and Brian's personal manager as well - "Magna Cum Laude" as I call him... GAVE YOU A JOB working for Brian... for $52,000 dollars a year (to basically drive up to Bel Air from Laguna and EAT while babysitting Brian!)  Then Stephen forced you to give him almost every dollar of your pay to him... to INVEST for you in "MAJOR INVESTMENTS" with the rest of the Beach Boys... I say MAJOR because when there are MILLIONS of DOLLARS being INVESTED, there are MILLIONS of DOLLARS being EARNED!  In your case around $750,000 dollars (all total throughout the years...that were basically GIVEN TO YOU!)  For example, "MoDaL."  I believe that was a chain of Motels in Texas.  Stephen put about $40,000 of your money into it (some of which he borrowed for you)... and YOU MADE A THOUSAND DOLLARS A MONTH FOR... 20 YEARS... or was it 25 years? (FACT CHECKERS do the MATH please... over $250,000)  And when it was SOLD, you RECEIVED A CHECK FOR $170,000 DOLLARS!  Then there was the "SPAULDING RANCH" INVESTMENT (The one that caused such controversy) where Stephen invested around $35,000 for stan... and when as, "SOLE GENERAL PARTNER" of that INVESTMENT, meaning he was the control person, he "LEGALLY" SOLD IT and "RE-INVESTED" ALL THE Beach Boys MONEY as well as HIS OWN... about $300,000 DOLLARS EACH) in beach PROPERTY ON HANALEI BAY (NOW WORTH $25 MILLION!)  BUT HE PAID stan $175,000 DOLLARS CASH  from the sale of Spaulding even though his share was only $135,000... because he was once again taking care of his younger brother... and  stan was BROKE!    Let's see... then when you tried to get your DAD to take out a SECOND mortgage on his house... and he said he didn't feel comfortable doing it... that he couldn't SLEEP AT NIGHT!  You, Stan, "NEVER SPOKE TO YOUR dad AGAIN"... or Stephen!   OH, that was when Stan had to take a JOB... for the FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE!  A job UNLOADING PRODUCE at a GROCERY STORE late at night!  I can sure see why you would NEVER SPEAK TO Stephen again, Stan!  He happened to be at your dad's house when YOUR dad told you... "NO" on THE LOAN!   You never SPOKE TO EITHER ONE OF THEM AGAIN!  You BETRAYED Stephen... for what reason???  SAVING YOUR LIFE?... and investing the MONEY you made from the JOB Stephen gave you!  STAN wrote Stephen a LETTER RECENTLY STATING... THAT Stephen is "DEAD" to him... that Stephen is a "LOWLIFE."  He calls Stephen "COCONUT"!   "BROTHERLY LOVE RUNS DEEP IN THE LOVE FAMILY"... Stephen ALWAYS LOVED Stan, would have done ANYTHING for him... and THIS IS THE THANKS he gets?! ... And this is AFTER Mike-y BETRAYED Stephen for sending him a telegram at a 6-month meditation retreat in Switzerland, saying, "Now is not the time in your life to be stupid.  Get back here and rehearse with the band before the next tour!"  I guess you just can't take the word STUPID OUT OF...STUPID IS as STUPID DOES! (in the IMMORTAL WORDS OF FOREST GUMP'S MOTHER!) Smiley   Mike-y and Stan call STEPHEN "COCONUT"! Yeah, he was "NUTS" alright...for LOVING THEM!  Smiley Smiley  
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:31:03 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 17, 2016, 11:45:18 AM »

My dearly departed father went by the nickname Rocky all his life. That's the only thing anybody ever called him. Every time I go to this thread, I get a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 17, 2016, 12:15:48 PM »

Smiley Smiley QUIT CRYING... "CRY BABIES"... Cry Baby Cry... Make your Mother Sigh... You're Old Enough To Know Better... SO CRY BABY CRY!   SO QUIT READING ME... YOU CAN'T, can ya?  83,000 and SOARING!!! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:26:45 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 17, 2016, 12:23:20 PM »

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst