gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:03:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 489782 times)
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: February 12, 2016, 04:15:24 PM »

Smiley  So is everybody SMILING this mourning... gosh it almost seems this board is moving forward. Like the realization that insulting one another can go on... until hell freezes over! Maybe... we can all agree to disagree...(maybe all is a bit lofty) but maybe most of us can bury the hatchet... (as an aside) I didn't know we were supposed to fight on the internet... but it seems that is what "we" regressed to. It would be nice for "us" to take this thread to a higher level than name calling and teenage antics.(myself included) So... shall we try? Excuse my excessive use of...  ...   What I think was our biggest conundrum...is the Dennis issue. Or to cut to the chase... and get it out in the open... the beating up of Dennis by Stan and myself. First off let me say... we were not then... nor are we now proud of that! Our tactics, like Murrys regarding discipline,were not good ones (spare the child and not the rod) But not all of us had the benefit of today's philosophy! Let me just say that Dennis did not think that he was killing Brian anymore than he thought he was killing himself. I know you guy's know this stuff and it seems rudimentary, but indulge me. Dennis thought sharing drugs with Brian was the ultra cool... hip... rock n roll... bad ass... stud... brother thing to do. No one could tell him anything different! Everyone tried...his mother Audrey, Marilyn, Mike, Al, Stephen, Stan... everyone... but Dennis was "incorrigible"(more than anyone you know) he was a teenage "Sex Symbol" Celebrity in the 60s "SEXUAL DRUG CULTURE REVOLUTION" that took more young lives than did the Vietnam War and Rock n Roll was at the forefront of the whole movement. Remember Jimmy Hendrix...Janis Joplin... Jim Morrison (to name a few) Dennis who was not only "blind" to the fact that he was killing Brian... but to all the family members I mentioned above, "who all depended on the Golden Goose", he was their ABSOLUTE WORST NIGHTMARE! "That" was made CRYSTAL CLEAR to Stan and I on a regular basis by EVERYONE! So to wrap this up... when Stan got the call, a year after we no longer worked for Brian, from Brian's live in Nurse... we both knew that this would "not" be a popular act...and... we could never expect everyone to accept or understand... our actions! But, in our defence, Dennis never did Drugs with Brian again, in the next four years,before he died! Some times you do things in haste... because time is of the essence... and sometimes...that's the difference between life and death! Wish we could have saved Dennis! (Forgive us our transgressions) However BRIAN IS STILL ALIVE! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Well said Rocky! Keep posting.  Grin
Smiley mikeddonn, THANK YOU. I certainly will keep POSTING! I don't know about that name of your's... SURELY your not a mike love LOVER? :D LOL

Cheers Rocky, Mike is my first name and donn is my second.  I'm with #teamrocky!  Grin
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 12, 2016, 04:44:47 PM »

gimme your worst. if you think we can handle it

Banana Rock!  Ahhh!
Smiley bossaroo, I'm not sure You can handle it.. Rock!. and I know "the angry 13" will absolutely LOOSE THEIR MINDS... Angry Jedi Duel  Transcendental Meditation  Head Spin: Thud  Wall Brian's Trip Poke
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:13:21 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 12, 2016, 05:04:05 PM »

sounds like a good time, not to mention tons more views  Grin

bring it on  Smokin
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 13, 2016, 12:40:50 AM »

More day-to-day anecdotes, please.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 14, 2016, 10:08:12 PM »

Good morning Rocky. Please, another installment of your chapter! I'm Rolling Stone Magged out!  Rock!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 15, 2016, 08:35:19 AM »

Hello Rocky,

I only care about the informative side of this thread, from someone who was there, and in that regard am happy to have whatever opportunity there is here to possibly have an informative dialogue with you, prior to your book being published. Do you have any memories of Brian and Dennis that are not related to the codependent drug-related aspect of their sibling relationship? Regardless of his role as procurer, supplier and sharer, Dennis loved Brian deeply, and I'd be interested in your recollections of that relationship. Also, of the Wilson axis of the band including Carl and their interrelationship, and the dynamics of the struggle for the direction of the band between Mike, Bruce & Al (who apparently now regrets siding with them). Any anecdotes you might be willing to share on any of these subjects would be very interesting, thanks.

Rocky can you answer this post above?  Grin
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 16, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »

a day without Rocky is like a day without sunshine. Smokin

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 16, 2016, 01:08:21 PM »

Smiley Part: 4 "Wha--Ooh"

In the following few years Brian, now assisted by bodyguard-handlers Stan and myself, would go out on tour with the Beach Boys numerous times. Brian was again performing concerts in major U.S. cities and internationally, in 20,000-seat venues or larger. The band's demographic had widened to include fans from six to sixty. They were reaching all age groups, from pre-teens to baby boomers.  Parents were even bringing their small children to concerts to hear the positive, wholesome, uplifting music the Beach Boys were famous for.  Everywhere they played the band, with Brian along, received thunderous applause and adulation from the throngs of fans who flocked to the concerts.  Attendance records were routinely broken!
     On the first leg of one such tour - and the first tour at which I was present, the large private business jet at LAX was awaiting the arrival of the ever tardy Dennis, who had been warned that there was a strict 30-minute wait time limit before the band would depart without him and opt to use the Wrecking Crew-caliber ace drummer, Mike Kowalski. To everyone's relief, Dennis arrived just in the nick of time. When he entered the plane, Dennis walked right past Mike and Stan, who were chatting in the first class cabin, without saying a word to them.  When he spotted me about midway back in an aisle seat next to Brian, who occupied the window seat, and who was talking up a storm to me, Dennis made a gesture with an outstretched arm that didn't quite register as he approached. This was the first time I had ever seen Dennis up close and personal.  Coming closer with each step, he appeared to be staring right at me.  I was momentarily awestruck by his handsomeness, his long flowing mane of sun-bleached hair... his piercing blue eyes and confidant swagger, as if he knew the eyes of everyone on the plane were on him - and they were.   As were mine.
     In the next instant it became clear to me that he was flipping someone off.  Then I realized it was me... as he mouthed the words "F_ _ _ you!" Stunned and confused by the hostility, I felt a bit embarrassed... less than... like I had done something wrong.  In the next moment of clarity, I was jolted back to reality and knew, with absolute certainty, that if I didn't respond to this overt act, I would lose the respect of the entire Beach Boys crew and entourage.  I had to act.  I had to confront Dennis' unexplained aggression towards me, so I leaped to my feet and summoned the courage to hold him accountable.
     When I went to speak, I realized how dry my throat was, but then my nervousness propelled me to verbally challenge the sex symbol.  My intent was to take this one step further and beat Dennis at his own game... INTIMIDATION.  In a forceful voice that initially cracked but was loud enough for the nearby passengers to hear, I thundered: "What the f*ck do you think you're doing flipping me off?! I'll stick that middle finger of yours up your ass, you little sh*t!"  A hush came over the cabin as all the passengers within earshot immediately went silent.  

Part: 5 to follow.  This 4th segment, as well as the 3 previous segments - and including the 4 remaining segments of "Wha--Ooh" - are all now in the first person.
     Thank you for your feedback in this matter. It was very helpful... and much appreciated! Smiley Smiley
     Segment 1: (page 39... 10th post)
     Segment 2: (page 40... 18th post)
     Segment 3: (page 44... 16th post)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:28:57 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 17, 2016, 09:49:27 AM »

Smiley Good morning Smile,... Part: 1 of Chapter 12
                                                                                                              "Wha--Ooh"

One of the highlights of Stephen Love's six-year management tenure with the Beach Boys was last years resurrection and long awaited return of Brian Wilson, the musical genius who, after a long extended period of inactivity, played his first concert in nearly a decade at Anaheim Stadium July 3, 1976. Which took place before I was hired to work for Brian as a bodyguard/handler. Soon after this monumental show Marilyn answered a call from Danny Hutton of Three Dog Night, one of Brian's old party buddies and a favorite singer. "He has some pipes" Brian would say. He was also a babe magnet. He and Brian were notorious for carousing and hell-raising. Two rich and famous boozers and drug gluttons. Nothing was off limits. They had no boundaries... and when it came to drugs and excess, those two wrote the book! When everyone else was taking one hit of acid, they would take two... or...?  But who's counting? Their idea of a weekend spree wasn't a three hundred dollar eight ball, it was a thousand dollars worth, they had lot's of friends. And upon receiving delivery, the question to the dealer was, "Can you get us more if we need it? Here's a hundred for your time. Stay by the phone."
     Marilyn decided to make an exception this once and allow Brian to hang out with Danny because he swore to her he was off drugs and was convincing about it. However, she relented mainly because she believed the newly hired bodyguard-handlers Stan, and myself, could handle the situation. After all, Brian was finally touring again after nearly a decade.. Willing to put all things to the test, she consented. She was also giving Brian some freedom of movement and agreed to let him wander from his beloved safe haven, home sweet home, because Brian had agreed to take Marilyn on their first vacation in five years, to San Tropez, somewhere Marilyn had been dying to go for years. This was a mecca for the jet set, the "in" spot for the rich and famous. She had already gone ahead and made reservations at the Byblos Hotel, which was the ultra cool place to stay.
     Stan and I drove Brian to the chic C*ck 'n' Bull restaurant on Sunset Boulevard at 7:00 pm Saturday night and were promptly seated at Danny's table. He was three sheets to the wind, was mindlessly pushing his food around on the plate in front of him, and was singing something in a Brian-like falsetto voice. After watching fifteen minutes of incoherent interaction take place between Brian and Danny, Stan asked, "Hey, you guys, want to go to the Troubadour?" "Yeah!" was the immediate joint response. So Danny left a hundred dollar bill on the table and off they went... but not before Danny slipped and fell getting into Brian's limo. He turned to his compadres , laughing, and said, "It's not a party until somebody falls down!" When they arrived at the Troubadour and turned the limo over to the valet, they were greeted at the door by the owner himself, Doug Weston, who said, "Well, well, well, what do you know? First Bob Dylan and Joan Baez... and now Brian Wilson and Danny Hutton. What a star studded night!" All four of Brian's party were comped, as they say, and Brian immediately said, "I want to sit with Bob!" Stan gave me the task of asking Dylan if that would be okay with him. I approached the living legend politely, excused the intrusion, and explained to Bob that he was one of Brian Wilson's body-handlers and would like to know if Brian could join him.

And you know all of this actually took place (dialogue and all) because you were there the whole time? Very impressive memory, recalling words spoken some 40 years ago...
Smiley Thank you... that's what writers do... recall! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:00:26 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 17, 2016, 10:11:42 AM »

Smiley Good morning Smile,... Part: 1 of Chapter 12
                                                                                                              "Wha--Ooh"

One of the highlights of Stephen Love's six-year management tenure with the Beach Boys was last year's resurrection and long awaited return of Brian Wilson, the musical genius who, after an extended period of inactivity, played his first concert in nearly a decade at Anaheim Stadium July 3, 1976. Which took place before I was hired to work for Brian as a bodyguard/handler. Soon after this monumental show Marilyn answered a call from Danny Hutton of Three Dog Night, one of Brian's old party buddies and a favorite singer. "He has some pipes" Brian would say. He was also a babe magnet. He and Brian were notorious for carousing and hell-raising. Two rich and famous boozers and drug gluttons. Nothing was off limits. They had no boundaries... and when it came to drugs and excess, those two wrote the book! When everyone else was taking one hit of acid, they would take two... or...?  But who's counting? Their idea of a weekend spree wasn't a three hundred dollar eight ball, it was a thousand dollars worth, they had lot's of friends. And upon receiving delivery, the question to the dealer was, "Can you get us more if we need it? Here's a hundred for your time. Stay by the phone."
     Marilyn decided to make an exception this once and allow Brian to hang out with Danny because he swore to her he was off drugs and was convincing about it. However, she relented mainly because she believed the newly hired bodyguard-handler, Stan and myself, could handle the situation. After all, Brian was finally touring again after nearly a decade.. Willing to put all things to the test, she consented. She was also giving Brian some freedom of movement and agreed to let him wander from his beloved safe haven, home sweet home, because Brian had agreed to take Marilyn on their first vacation in five years, to San Tropez, somewhere Marilyn had been dying to go for years. This was a mecca for the jet set, the "in" spot for the rich and famous. She had already gone ahead and made reservations at the Byblos Hotel, which was the ultra cool place to stay.
     Stan and I drove Brian to the chic C*ck 'n' Bull restaurant on Sunset Boulevard at 7:00 pm Saturday night and were promptly seated at Danny's table. He was three sheets to the wind, was mindlessly pushing his food around on the plate in front of him, and was singing something in a Brian-like falsetto voice. After watching fifteen minutes of incoherent interaction take place between Brian and Danny, Stan asked, "Hey, you guys, want to go to the Troubadour?" "Yeah!" was the immediate joint response. So Danny left a hundred dollar bill on the table and off they went... but not before Danny slipped and fell getting into Brian's limo. He turned to his compadres , laughing, and said, "It's not a party until somebody falls down!" When they arrived at the Troubadour and turned the limo over to the valet, they were greeted at the door by the owner himself, Doug Weston, who said, "Well, well, well, what do you know? First Bob Dylan and Joan Baez... and now Brian Wilson and Danny Hutton. What a star-studded night!" All four of Brian's party were comped, as they say, and Brian immediately said, "I want to sit with Bob!" Stan gave me the task of asking Dylan if that would be okay with him. I approached the living legend politely, excused the intrusion, and explained to Bob that he was one of Brian Wilson's bodyguard-handlers and would like to know if Brian could join him.

I am glad that Marilyn knew that Stan and Rocky could handle the situation.  Since it was obvious when they met up with Danny Hutton that he was 3 sheets to the wind, I do find it a bit curious that Stan would suggest they go to the Troubadour.  I can only assume that we will find out in Part 2 of Chapter 12 that they stopped by the Troubadour to quickly say hi to Bob Dylan, drop off Danny Hutton, and then take Brian immediately back to his house in order to keep him away from the drug scene at the Troubadour.
Smiley That's exactly what took place... you must be psychic! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:02:52 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 17, 2016, 12:13:35 PM »

Hi Rocky, hope you had a great weekend. Cheesy

Thank you for the latest instalment.  I like it a lot better in the first person.  It made for a better read and I enjoy the scene setting.  I'm getting a sense of what it was like on the plane!  Now give us MORE!   Grin
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 17, 2016, 12:44:22 PM »

Hi Rocky, hope you had a great weekend. Cheesy

Thank you for the latest installment.  I like it a lot better in the first person.  It made for a better read and I enjoy the scene setting.  I'm getting a sense of what it was like on the plane!  Now give us MORE!   Grin
Smiley MIKEDONN... I'm glad you like it in the first person. It does make for a better read... it allows me to interject more subtext... a tremendous amount of "inner dialogue"...like with the Dennis flipping me off on the plane scene. The entire book is now flooded with "Inner Dialogue." I owe the "SMILESTAR" readers thanks for their feedback! They made me realize this "Memoir" is far more intimate when the reader is taken on a personal journey with the writer. Sal Mana, who wrote an article on Dennis, when he died, in People magazine is the one who finally convinced me to do this major rewrite from the 3rd person to the more informative 1st person format. And I most definitely will GIVE YOU MORE! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:28:30 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 17, 2016, 03:16:05 PM »

The first person narrative definitely works better. The two Three Dog Night books by Jimmy Greenspoon and Chuck Negron respectively paint a vivid picture of the era, and all the excess. Negron's book is particularly harrowing.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 18, 2016, 10:54:10 AM »

The first person narrative definitely works better. The two Three Dog Night books by Jimmy Greenspoon and Chuck Negron respectively paint a vivid picture of the era, and all the excess. Negron's book is particularly harrowing.
Smiley Doo Daa... thank you for your imput on the 1st person... the whole book has been revised! I WILL POST PARTS: 5...6...7...and 8 of "Wha--Ooh" SOON! I get the feeling "the angry 13" have burried their heads in the sand alongside emily... Stephen said he can see 24 legs sticking up in the air at the end of the beach where he SURF"S... he said people are scattering away from them because they were running down the beach screaming... and tearing their hair out... then they all just dug holes and crawled in...pulling the sand in on them with their arms and then jamming there arms in under the sandl... Stephen say's their legs are still kicking like crazy in the air... that's gotta be a good thing... their still ALIVE:) Smiley SURF" UP
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:45:05 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 18, 2016, 11:09:53 AM »

Rocky, I don't know if you've had a chance to look at any of the other threads/topics on this board, but I wanted to ask: Did you ever go to the movies with Brian or any of the Boys? What films did you guys watch?
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: February 18, 2016, 11:23:51 AM »

Rocky, I don't know if you've had a chance to look at any of the other threads/topics on this board, but I wanted to ask: Did you ever go to the movies with Brian or any of the Boys? What films did you guys watch?
Smiley Century Deprived ... your name sounds like "the angry 13"... just my humor! LOL To answer your question... YES, we did go to ONE movie! Marilyn, Brian, Stan and I went to see "Star Wars"... the VERY 1st ONE. Ten minutes into it Brian was sitting with his "hands on his chin"... looking bored to tears! We didn't have the heart to make him sit through the whole thing... so we all four UP and LEFT! When Brian got home he sat down at the piano and started playing and singing... I was sitting in a crummy movie with my hands on my chin... All the violence in this world you know you just can't win... LOVE and MERCY that's what WE NEED TONIGHT... sound familiar? Smiley Smiley
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 18, 2016, 11:30:52 AM »

Smiley Century Deprived ... your name sounds like "the angry 13"... just my humor! LOL To answer your question... YES, we did go to ONE movie! Marilyn, Brian, Stan and I went to see "Star Wars"... the VERY 1st ONE. Ten minutes into it Brian was sitting with his "hands on his chin"... looking bored to tears! We didn't have the heart to make him sit through the whole thing... so we all four UP and LEFT! When Brian got home he sat down at the piano and started playing and singing... I was sitting in a crummy movie with my hands on my chin... All the violence in this world you know you just can't win... LOVE and MERCY that's what WE NEED TONIGHT... sound familiar? Smiley Smiley

Hi Rocky, my name is a (bad) pun on sensory deprivation, or sensory-deprived Smiley That's a fascinating story. So Brian wrote that line and started writing the song Love & Mercy way back in the late 70s?  I'd always been under the impression that tune started in the 80s, but this is an interesting new nugget of info.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:57:58 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 18, 2016, 11:36:13 AM »

Smiley Doo Daa... thank you for your imput on the 1st person... the whole book has been revised! I WILL POST PARTS: 5...6...7...and 8 of "Wha--Ooh" SOON! I get the feeling "the angry 13" have burried their heads in the sand alongside emily... Stephen said he can see 24 legs sticking up in the air at the end of the beach where he SURF"S... he said people are scattering away from them because they were running down the beach screaming... and tearing their hair out... then they all just dug holes and crawled in...pulling the sand in with their arms and then jamming them in the sand as well... say's their legs are still kicking around in the air though... that's gotta be a good thing... their still ALIVE:) Smiley SURF" UP

Things have been kinda quiet on this thread because everyone's been reading and commenting on the thread c/o Mike's recent Rolling Stone interview. A lot of back and forth - a real rugby scrum. After that dies down, I'm sure things will get back to normal (or as normal as it can be in the waCKy world of our Beach Boys)!

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 18, 2016, 11:56:59 AM »

I quote " the Wrecking Crew-caliber ace drummer, Mike Kowalski "

Rocky it is now confirmed you ARE talking crap  LOL
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 18, 2016, 12:47:18 PM »

That Rocky, he's a funny guy!!!
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 18, 2016, 01:14:56 PM »

That Rocky, he's a funny guy!!!

That's Salman Rushton to you!  Smokin

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 18, 2016, 01:34:39 PM »

I quote " the Wrecking Crew-caliber ace drummer, Mike Kowalski "

Rocky it is now confirmed you ARE talking crap  LOL
:)The wrecking Crew -caliber ace drummer; Mike Kowalski... is what Stephen Love used to refer to him as... of course, next to Dennis the "clubber" (so named by Brian)  Drum             any one was an ace! Why are you the ORIGINAL Wrecking Crew Ace Drummer?... or do YOU just have a "monopoly" on that TERM ? dennis  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:38:53 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 18, 2016, 02:01:09 PM »

Rocky, who is the “J. Talon” that wrote with Robert Darcy on your album? Johnny Talon?

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 18, 2016, 02:11:59 PM »

Rocky, who is the “J. Talon” that wrote with Robert Darcy on your album? Johnny Talon?
 Smiley "Big Daddy" ... I'll go look on the album... be right back... Ok  All Music by Robert Darcy and Words by J. Talon.  J. stands for John, he was Bob's roommate, I met him twice. The first time I was introduced to him... the second... Bob wanted me to play him the first song I learned to play on piano. A Brian Wilson song..."Darlin" the song was one of my favorites. Marilyn gave me the sheet music out of the office cabinet where all of Brian's sheet music was kept... and there were many! (Did you know that Brian has written over 500 songs? John and Paul of the Beatles only wrote 400 songs together!) This was the first time Brian took an interest in me musically...he could hear that I was having trouble with this one part...so he came in the family room where I was on the upright...sat down on the piano bench, scooted me over with his but, and said here these are called "inversion" (3 different ways to play the same chord... 3 different fingerings... which applies to all chords) "they will keep your hands closer together... and give you a whole different sound!" And they did! Those "inversion" changed my life! I could now learn a song in half the time... and they would sound right! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:23:52 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 18, 2016, 02:13:45 PM »

Smiley Doo Daa... thank you for your imput on the 1st person... the whole book has been revised! I WILL POST PARTS: 5...6...7...and 8 of "Wha--Ooh" SOON! I get the feeling "the angry 13" have burried their heads in the sand alongside emily... Stephen said he can see 24 legs sticking up in the air at the end of the beach where he SURF"S... he said people are scattering away from them because they were running down the beach screaming... and tearing their hair out... then they all just dug holes and crawled in...pulling the sand in with their arms and then jamming them in the sand as well... say's their legs are still kicking around in the air though... that's gotta be a good thing... their still ALIVE:) Smiley SURF" UP

Things have been kinda quiet on this thread because everyone's been reading and commenting on the thread c/o Mike's recent Rolling Stone interview. A lot of back and forth - a real rugby scrum. After that dies down, I'm sure things will get back to normal (or as normal as it can be in the waCKy world of our Beach Boys)!
Smiley Thanks Doo Dah... I too read the article on... mike  Transcendental Meditation loveless...what a "POOR" misunderstood "GENIUS...he just can't catch a break! All these people out there hating!  Angry What on earth could he have possibly done to deserve all this? After all... all he does is MEDITATE and write HIT SONGS... what's not to LOVE  Love I guess the collective consciousness of the entire universe is WRONG! I especially liked the part where his "SIXTH WIFE JACKIE" is standing on a chair, towering over him, pretending to be Brian... asking what he would say to Brian if he were here right now... and he can't think of a single thing to say... he's tongue tied...The Lyrical Genius... and here is the best part, when he finally decides to play along... as to what he would say to Brian... he says... I would say "I love you"...BUT...BUT...BUT... Evil   But there's this... and there's that... and there's this other thing... and there's all the name calling... AND ALL THE HATING LOL WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME?... I DON'T GET IT  Wall Head Spin Wall
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:18:51 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx