gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 04:02:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 494562 times)
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 21, 2016, 08:03:53 AM »

Well, that Minnesota story ended with a whimper. No wonder it didn't make a strong impression whilst I was reading Heroes & Villains.

Seriously, though, I will absolutely buy your book, Rocky. But that's only because I think you're awful and I like that about you.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 21, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »

Rocky,

Stephen seems pretty happy in Hawaii. I read where he said he was slowing down a bit, in terms of surfing.  Just curious, has he been involved in other busisness ventures since he moved there, or did he more or less retire after managing the band.

Aloha
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: January 21, 2016, 10:49:23 AM »

In retrospect my post was really snotty and I shouldn't have said parts of it. If Rocky Pamplin had any humility I would be able to deal with him with a lot more patience. He's chosen to be scuzzy, brags about it and then insults people who express discomfort with his scuzziness which really rubs me the wrong way.

But this has been a very festive few pages and a good release of tension!   Pirate Head Spin High Five Happy Dance
You're fine...did a great job at pointing out a hypocritcal post without getting nasty.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 21, 2016, 10:55:51 AM »

In retrospect my post was really snotty and I shouldn't have said parts of it. If Rocky Pamplin had any humility I would be able to deal with him with a lot more patience. He's chosen to be scuzzy, brags about it and then insults people who express discomfort with his scuzziness which really rubs me the wrong way.

But this has been a very festive few pages and a good release of tension!   Pirate Head Spin High Five Happy Dance
You're fine...did a great job at pointing out a hypocritcal post without getting nasty.
Thanks, but I was actually referring to my longer snottier post from two days ago.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #779 on: January 21, 2016, 10:59:20 AM »

Ahhh...no worries.

I think the biggest takeaway from this thread is for once, everybody is on the same side!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: January 21, 2016, 11:06:17 AM »

Except Rock "head" pamplin. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 21, 2016, 12:35:37 PM »

"SMILE" Readers,
                   Perhaps you should have listened to "Ian" (page 3, last post) when he suggested, "That if you want him to post an answer to some questions that you "not" immediately "INSULT" him!
                   I think the "angry half dozen" thought that meant..."That if you want him to post an answer to some questions... let him... and then "INSULT" him!

How many times
                                                                           Must a man turn the other cheek
                                                                           Before he stands up and speaks

How many criticisms
                                                                           Must one man allow
                                                                           Before he finally lashes out

How many insults
                                                                           Must one man endure
                                                                           Before he fights back for sure

Yes and, how many times
                                                                           Must a man hold his tongue
                                                                           And pretend that he just does'nt hear

To suffer the slings and arrows
                                                                           Aimed to impugn his work
                                                                           Daggers coming straight for his words

The answer my friend
                                                                           Is blowin in the wind
                                                                           The answer is blowin in the wind

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:30:18 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 21, 2016, 12:55:51 PM »

"SMILE" Readers,
                   Perhaps you should have listened to "Ian" (page 3, last post) when he suggested, "That if you want him to post an answer to some questions that you "not" immediately "INSULT" him!
                   I think the "angry half dozen" thought that meant..."That if you want him to post an answer to some questions... let him... and then "INSULT" him!

How many times
                                                                           Must a man turn the other cheek
                                                                           Before he stands up and speaks

How many criticisms
                                                                           Must one man allow

How many insults
                                                                           Must one man endure
                                                                           Before he fights back for sure

Yes and, how many times
                                                                           Must a man hold his tongue
                                                                           And pretend that he just does'nt hear

To suffer the slings and arrows
                                                                           Aimed to impugn his work
                                                                           Daggers coming straight for his words

The answer dear friend
                                                                           Is blowin in the wind
                                                                           The question is "what happens to Brian"?

The answer smile friends
                                                                           Is blowin in the wind
                                                                           The question is "who saves Brian"?

Rocky, we know what happens to Brian both in the long run and in the Chicago/Minnesota story.
The thing is, that Don Henley song you quoted is critical. It's not meant to be approving of the selling of sleazy stories. Most people, while it's true they consume the stories, don't actually think it's right for those stories to be so gawked over. Also, as I'm sure you know, most people don't really think it's cool to knock people unconscious unless it was in self-defense.
So you made a choice to do things that you must know most people don't like; you chose to do them to people whom the members of this board admire; then you showed up at this board bragging about them. Then, when people expressed distaste for what you're doing, you got really insulting and braggy to the point that it's hard not to ridicule you.
If you choose to do things that you know most people find offensive, then don't expect people to be nice about it. If you want people to be nice, don't be so offensive.
You still have a chance to not publish your offensive book.
ETA - as for your little song:

How many criticisms
Must one man allow

Maybe instead of lashing out, he can think about whether the criticism is valid.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:25:50 PM by Emily » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 21, 2016, 01:47:36 PM »

"SMILE" Readers,

"GOOD MOURNING WANKERS"...

Mate...You crossed a line for me with that unnecessary comment.  In life you get back what you put out. You seem to be getting it back in spades here.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 21, 2016, 01:52:47 PM »

Ahhh...no worries.

I think the biggest takeaway from this thread is for once, everybody is on the same side!

Think again!

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: January 21, 2016, 03:19:21 PM »

I was sitting, if not on the fence, then certainly on the sidelines, watching this farrago unfolding with increasing amusement, but frankly, addressing the folk in this thread as "wankers" (granted, I'm somewhat surprised that an American would understand what this means) isn't going to win anyone any favours. I'd like to say i can't wait to see this book, but to be honest, I can. Indefinitely.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 21, 2016, 03:24:18 PM »

Wow came into this conversation late. Interesting reading. I want to add my two cents for what its worth.

Having suffered from depression myself, I can understand the problems people have coming to terms with it. Back in the 70's and 80's, it was not the thing to tell anyone about. And even the doctors didn't always know what to do.  I slogged thru until I was able to find the right doctors and have had it under control since the early '90s. But I can tell you, its a MF to get thru. Even I didn't understand it all at the time.

With Brian (I will leave Dennis out of this, that is a whole other story), I don't believe he had a drug or alcohol problem. And Marilyn's, Dr. Landy and Stephen Love's treating him like he did was not the way to go. Hiring people to watch over Brian to make sure he didn't get high or wasted was the exact wrong thing to do. We know much more now then we did back then. Schizoaffective disorder wasn't even recognized until the early '90s. People that heard voices etc were diagnosed as Schizophrenic and treated as such. Brian was treated as such. But he could never turn off the voices so he chose the self medication route.  That is where the drug taking came from. It was a symptom, not the real disease. Had Brian been treated in a hospital setting from the get-go, things might have been different. We know that he was hospitalized in the late 60's and may have even had ECT. But I would think that by the mid 70's, some of the doctors at UCLA would have been able to help. But there was that thing of keeping it all quite. Which was weird to because EVERYBODY knew about it. It was all over in the magazines etc that Brian was "CRAZY".

The people around Brian were not very attuned to that issue. I will stop short of saying they weren't smart. But if your car keeps rolling backward out into the street, you don't buy bigger bricks to put behind the tires to keep it from rolling, you fix the BRAKES! Stan, Rocky, etc were just trying to keep the car from rolling back. No one thought to fix the brakes.

As for Dennis, I keep thinking of something Robert Downey Jr said when he went to jail (remember how many times he went over the edge, and look at him now). He told the judge that drugs to him were dangerous, but, "Its like sticking a gun in my mouth and pulling back the trigger cause I like the way the gun barrel tastes". So did Dennis. And if Murry was you father, you would get high too.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 21, 2016, 03:26:50 PM »

I was sitting, if not on the fence, then certainly on the sidelines, watching this farrago unfolding with increasing amusement,

That in itself says something about this thread. What, I'm not sure. But something.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 21, 2016, 03:40:58 PM »

Smiley    Dear Smile Readers,
            The other important piece of business I want to address besides DRUGS... is PEOPLE "CRITICIZING" OTHERS and then TRYING to "JUSTIFY" their Salacious "INSULTS"... Please stop embarrassing YOURSELF! No amount of Damage Control is going to undo the HORRIFIC SLEAZE TACTICS you and the "angry half dozen" INITIATED towards Myself and My MEMOIR! The gloves are OFF... too late... the damage is done! The actions "INITIATED" by this SELF RIGHTEOUS MINORITY have undermined the sentiments of the entire Smile Fan base... which was LOVE and ADMIRATION for Brian and the boys... but most of all his MUSIC! No where in Brian's songs is he saying... you can't spell... you can't write... you can't speak English... your a dummy... your a dick... your sleazy... etc. etc. "Give it up"... you guys threw down the gauntlet... you can't UN-RING the bell! You guys cast "DOZENS" of "INSULTS" at me before I FINALLY RETALIATED... even after I cautioned the "angry half dozen" "Let he who has not (SINNED-INSULTED) cast the first (STONE-INSULT) !!! FAIR WARNING!!! You made your bed... now lie in it! Stop running circles around it... and OWN YOUR MISTAKE! You say I was out of line for beating up your PRECIOUS Dennis...(that's where this whole "INSULTING" thing started... and the never ending OPINIONATED DEBATE began)... "DENNIS WAS INADVERTENTLY KILLING BRIAN" (whether you want to admit it or not)...Dennis GIVING BRIAN COCAINE and HEROIN was "KILLING BRIAN"!  What part of this don't you UNDERSTAND? MORE IMPORTANTLY..."We don't "CARE" if you don't "APPROVE" of our "METHODS"... or you think were "CRUDE"... or "thugs" or WHATEVER! Brian's wife Marilyn (remember her... the wife that came within a fraction of an inch of having Brian COMMITTED?... FOR DRUGS) who was ALSO paying an inordinate amount of MONEY for Brian's First COUSINS Stephen and Stan and bodyguard, Rocky, to "KEEP DRUGS OUT OF BRIAN'S LIFE" of any kind...anytime... anyplace...and by ANY BODY...EVER..."PERIOD"!!!  Let me make this "PERFECTLY CRYSTAL CLEAR" THE LAW WAS... DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR "POWER"  to PREVENT... DETER...ELIMINATE  ERADICATE... SUBJUGATE... DRUGS...DRUGS... DRUGS... from getting into BRIAN and him DYING!   And "ESPECIALLY" from "DENNIS"!!! "GOT IT" Smiley And if you think that's bragging... go off and debate yourselves until your yellow in the face... your redundant and boring!  "WHAT HAPPENED TO BRIAN? you say we all know... but not one of you have stated the ANSWER? (he lives... DA) "WHO  SAVES  BRIAN"  Smiley Smiley Smiley KEEP INSULTING  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:23:52 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 21, 2016, 04:11:40 PM »

God, you are a moron....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 21, 2016, 04:21:27 PM »

No sugar coating this clusterfuck of an event, we have no idea how completely f***ed up the people around and inside this world are. This thread has given us a brief insight, sadly. Its time to retire Balboa..

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 21, 2016, 04:27:48 PM »

Wow came into this conversation late. Interesting reading. I want to add my two cents for what its worth.

Having suffered from depression myself, I can understand the problems people have coming to terms with it. Back in the 70's and 80's, it was not the thing to tell anyone about. And even the doctors didn't always know what to do.  I slogged thru until I was able to find the right doctors and have had it under control since the early '90s. But I can tell you, its a MF to get thru. Even I didn't understand it all at the time.

With Brian (I will leave Dennis out of this, that is a whole other story), I don't believe he had a drug or alcohol problem. And Marilyn's, Dr. Landy and Stephen Love's treating him like he did was not the way to go. Hiring people to watch over Brian to make sure he didn't get high or wasted was the exact wrong thing to do. We know much more now then we did back then. Schizoaffective disorder wasn't even recognized until the early '90s. People that heard voices etc were diagnosed as Schizophrenic and treated as such. Brian was treated as such. But he could never turn off the voices so he chose the self medication route.  That is where the drug taking came from. It was a symptom, not the real disease. Had Brian been treated in a hospital setting from the get-go, things might have been different. We know that he was hospitalized in the late 60's and may have even had ECT. But I would think that by the mid 70's, some of the doctors at UCLA would have been able to help. But there was that thing of keeping it all quite. Which was weird to because EVERYBODY knew about it. It was all over in the magazines etc that Brian was "CRAZY".

The people around Brian were not very attuned to that issue. I will stop short of saying they weren't smart. But if your car keeps rolling backward out into the street, you don't buy bigger bricks to put behind the tires to keep it from rolling, you fix the BRAKES! Stan, Rocky, etc were just trying to keep the car from rolling back. No one thought to fix the brakes.

As for Dennis, I keep thinking of something Robert Downey Jr said when he went to jail (remember how many times he went over the edge, and look at him now). He told the judge that drugs to him were dangerous, but, "Its like sticking a gun in my mouth and pulling back the trigger cause I like the way the gun barrel tastes". So did Dennis. And if Murry was you father, you would get high too.
Thanks for the insight Petsite; it accords with my thinking, though I'm much less lucid.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 21, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »

Outstanding post!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 21, 2016, 04:33:57 PM »

The other important piece of business I want to address besides DRUGS... is PEOPLE "CRITICIZING" OTHERS and then TRYING to "JUSTIFY" their Salacious "INSULTS"... Please stop embarrassing YOURSELF! No amount of Damage Control is going to undo the HORRIFIC SLEAZE TACTICS you and the "angry half dozen" INITIATED towards Myself and My MEMOIR! The gloves are OFF... too late... the damage is done! The actions "INITIATED" by this SELF RIGHTEOUS MINORITY have undermined the sentiments of the entire Smile Fan base... which was LOVE and ADMIRATION for Brian and the boys... but most of all his MUSIC! No where in Brian's songs is he saying... you can't spell... you can't write... you can't speak English... your a dummy... your a dick... your sleazy... etc. etc. "Give it up"... you guys threw down the gauntlet... you can't UN-RING the bell! You guys cast "DOZENS" of "INSULTS" at me before I FINALLY RETALIATED... even after I cautioned the "angry half dozen" "Let he who has not (SINNED-INSULTED) cast the first (STONE-INSULT) !!! FAIR WARNING!!! You made your bed... now lie in it! Stop running circles around it... and OWN YOUR MISTAKE! You say I was out of line for beating up your PRECIOUS Dennis...(that's where this whole "INSULTING" thing started... and the never ending OPINIONATED DEBATE began)... "DENNIS WAS INADVERTENTLY KILLING BRIAN" (whether you want to admit it or not)...Dennis GIVING BRIAN COCAINE and HEROIN was "KILLING BRIAN"!  What part of this don't you UNDERSTAND? MORE IMPORTANTLY..."We don't "CARE" if you don't "APPROVE" of our "METHODS"... or you think were "CRUDE"... or "thugs" or WHATEVER! Brian's wife Marilyn (remember her... the wife that came within a fraction of an inch of having Brian COMMITTED?... FOR DRUGS) who was ALSO paying an inordinate amount of MONEY for Brian's First COUSINS Stephen and Stan and bodyguard, Rocky, to "KEEP DRUGS OUT OF BRIAN'S LIFE" of any kind...anytime... anyplace...and by ANY BODY...EVER..."PERIOD"!!!  Let me make this "PERFECTLY CRYSTAL CLEAR" THE LAW WAS... DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR "POWER"  to PREVENT... DETER...ELIMINATE  ERADICATE... SUBJUGATE... DRUGS...DRUGS... DRUGS... from getting into BRIAN and him DYING!   And "ESPECIALLY" from "DENNIS"!!! "GOT IT" Smiley And if you think that's bragging... go off and debate yourselves untill your yellow in the face Smiley Smiley Smiley

See, here's the thing. We know all of this. We knew all of this before you stated it numerous times here. We knew Brian was addicted. We knew it was hard to deal with. We knew Marilyn was desperate. We knew Dennis was sneaking Brian drugs. We knew you were the hired muscle.

We knew all of this. We "get it" as you so frequently demand. We "get" that Brain could have died and we know that he didn't. We "get" that Dennis was a problem. We "get" that the hired muscle beat him up. We "get" that Carl got some of the same.

What you don't "get" is that not all of us are convinced that your actions were the only way to resolve the situation. In fact, some of us would even wonder if your actions had more of a negative effect than a positive one. In fact, some of us might suppose that the "hired muscle" contributed to a negative environment that drove Brain closer to the eventual near imprisonment by Landy. Those are some of the issues raised here.

But, you're not really interested in talking about those possibilities. You want us to read your book.

And, guess what?

We "get it." But, I for one, won't be "getting it." Get it?
John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 21, 2016, 04:35:00 PM »

The other important piece of business I want to address besides DRUGS... is PEOPLE "CRITICIZING" OTHERS and then TRYING to "JUSTIFY" their Salacious "INSULTS"... Please stop embarrassing YOURSELF! No amount of Damage Control is going to undo the HORRIFIC SLEAZE TACTICS you and the "angry half dozen" INITIATED towards Myself and My MEMOIR! The gloves are OFF... too late... the damage is done! The actions "INITIATED" by this SELF RIGHTEOUS MINORITY have undermined the sentiments of the entire Smile Fan base... which was LOVE and ADMIRATION for Brian and the boys... but most of all his MUSIC! No where in Brian's songs is he saying... you can't spell... you can't write... you can't speak English... your a dummy... your a dick... your sleazy... etc. etc. "Give it up"... you guys threw down the gauntlet... you can't UN-RING the bell! You guys cast "DOZENS" of "INSULTS" at me before I FINALLY RETALIATED... even after I cautioned the "angry half dozen" "Let he who has not (SINNED-INSULTED) cast the first (STONE-INSULT) !!! FAIR WARNING!!! You made your bed... now lie in it! Stop running circles around it... and OWN YOUR MISTAKE! You say I was out of line for beating up your PRECIOUS Dennis...(that's where this whole "INSULTING" thing started... and the never ending OPINIONATED DEBATE began)... "DENNIS WAS INADVERTENTLY KILLING BRIAN" (whether you want to admit it or not)...Dennis GIVING BRIAN COCAINE and HEROIN was "KILLING BRIAN"!  What part of this don't you UNDERSTAND? MORE IMPORTANTLY..."We don't "CARE" if you don't "APPROVE" of our "METHODS"... or you think were "CRUDE"... or "thugs" or WHATEVER! Brian's wife Marilyn (remember her... the wife that came within a fraction of an inch of having Brian COMMITTED?... FOR DRUGS) who was ALSO paying an inordinate amount of MONEY for Brian's First COUSINS Stephen and Stan and bodyguard, Rocky, to "KEEP DRUGS OUT OF BRIAN'S LIFE" of any kind...anytime... anyplace...and by ANY BODY...EVER..."PERIOD"!!!  Let me make this "PERFECTLY CRYSTAL CLEAR" THE LAW WAS... DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR "POWER"  to PREVENT... DETER...ELIMINATE  ERADICATE... SUBJUGATE... DRUGS...DRUGS... DRUGS... from getting into BRIAN and him DYING!   And "ESPECIALLY" from "DENNIS"!!! "GOT IT" Smiley And if you think that's bragging... go off and debate yourselves until your yellow in the face... your redundant and boring!  "WHAT HAPPENED TO BRIAN? you say we all know... but not one of you have stated the ANSWER? (he lives... DA) "WHO  SAVES  BRIAN"  Smiley Smiley Smiley KEEP INSULTING  Smiley

I already knew which of his "heads" he is....oops, was....known for. He's sure confirmed it, hasn't he.  
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: January 21, 2016, 06:32:06 PM »

See, here's the thing. We know all of this. We knew all of this before you stated it numerous times here. We knew Brian was addicted. We knew it was hard to deal with. We knew Marilyn was desperate. We knew Dennis was sneaking Brian drugs. We knew you were the hired muscle.

We knew all of this. We "get it" as you so frequently demand. We "get" that Brain could have died and we know that he didn't. We "get" that Dennis was a problem. We "get" that the hired muscle beat him up. We "get" that Carl got some of the same.

What you don't "get" is that not all of us are convinced that your actions were the only way to resolve the situation. In fact, some of us would even wonder if your actions had more of a negative effect than a positive one. In fact, some of us might suppose that the "hired muscle" contributed to a negative environment that drove Brain closer to the eventual near imprisonment by Landy. Those are some of the issues raised here.

But, you're not really interested in talking about those possibilities. You want us to read your book.

And, guess what?

I love this post. Just love it.

Le moineau est venu se poser ŕ ma fenętre.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 21, 2016, 06:33:13 PM »

You know Rushton, you really didn't save Brian.  You just provided a service that any trained monkey could provide. The world is filled with slow thinking ex-jocks that are paid to provide security. Like checking ID's at a night club. Simple. Any monkey could do it. Good monkey.

Now what's vaguely interesting about your book, or salacious, or what have you, is that people LOVE to witness rich people behaving badly. It's the bedrock of the reality TV industry. Living in LA you already know that. Which is why you decided to finally cash in (forty years later) on Hollywood behaving badly. Just like the Great Gatsby, it's an old story. Champagne, cocaine and bad behavior. Film at eleven.

I look forward to checking out your book at a Half Price Books or a Big Lots Close Out Sale. There'll be plenty of copies available. Fo' cheep.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #797 on: January 21, 2016, 06:36:19 PM »

In the immortal words of Julius Brammer, set to music by Irving Caesar (and later quoted by Louie Prima, and still later David Lee Roth): He's just a gigolo...life goes on without him.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:38:28 PM by c-man » Logged
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 21, 2016, 07:18:21 PM »

Here is the bottom line. These were not emotionally intelligent people. Saying Carl, Marilyn et al were stupid would not be true. But there was just alot of denial. Brian is a drug addict, nothing more. They were all doing nothing but putting a bandaid on a burst artery. Yes Rocky and everyone was in the trenches and we weren't. And we are Monday morning quarterbacking.

But when sh*t is going down, you need to step back and figure out WTF is going on. Melinda said it best. If Brian had cancer they would have shot him up to UCLA real quick.  I keep thinking about an oil exec here in town that told his son's shrink to tell his son to knock off this bipolar sh*t and suck it up. The man's son's shrink was a friend of mine. The exec was a college educated man, not stupid, but was sure that all this mental illness stuff was a scam. Some people around Brian seemed to think the same.

Again, these were not worldly people. Only when Shilling and Hullet came along did they finally get it. But they should have gone to UCLA or some hospital instead of Landy.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 21, 2016, 07:27:59 PM »

The other important piece of business I want to address besides DRUGS... is PEOPLE "CRITICIZING" OTHERS and then TRYING to "JUSTIFY" their Salacious "INSULTS"... Please stop embarrassing YOURSELF! No amount of Damage Control is going to undo the HORRIFIC SLEAZE TACTICS you and the "angry half dozen" INITIATED towards Myself and My MEMOIR! The gloves are OFF... too late... the damage is done! The actions "INITIATED" by this SELF RIGHTEOUS MINORITY have undermined the sentiments of the entire Smile Fan base... which was LOVE and ADMIRATION for Brian and the boys... but most of all his MUSIC! No where in Brian's songs is he saying... you can't spell... you can't write... you can't speak English... your a dummy... your a dick... your sleazy... etc. etc. "Give it up"... you guys threw down the gauntlet... you can't UN-RING the bell! You guys cast "DOZENS" of "INSULTS" at me before I FINALLY RETALIATED... even after I cautioned the "angry half dozen" "Let he who has not (SINNED-INSULTED) cast the first (STONE-INSULT) !!! FAIR WARNING!!! You made your bed... now lie in it! Stop running circles around it... and OWN YOUR MISTAKE! You say I was out of line for beating up your PRECIOUS Dennis...(that's where this whole "INSULTING" thing started... and the never ending OPINIONATED DEBATE began)... "DENNIS WAS INADVERTENTLY KILLING BRIAN" (whether you want to admit it or not)...Dennis GIVING BRIAN COCAINE and HEROIN was "KILLING BRIAN"!  What part of this don't you UNDERSTAND? MORE IMPORTANTLY..."We don't "CARE" if you don't "APPROVE" of our "METHODS"... or you think were "CRUDE"... or "thugs" or WHATEVER! Brian's wife Marilyn (remember her... the wife that came within a fraction of an inch of having Brian COMMITTED?... FOR DRUGS) who was ALSO paying an inordinate amount of MONEY for Brian's First COUSINS Stephen and Stan and bodyguard, Rocky, to "KEEP DRUGS OUT OF BRIAN'S LIFE" of any kind...anytime... anyplace...and by ANY BODY...EVER..."PERIOD"!!!  Let me make this "PERFECTLY CRYSTAL CLEAR" THE LAW WAS... DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR "POWER"  to PREVENT... DETER...ELIMINATE  ERADICATE... SUBJUGATE... DRUGS...DRUGS... DRUGS... from getting into BRIAN and him DYING!   And "ESPECIALLY" from "DENNIS"!!! "GOT IT" Smiley And if you think that's bragging... go off and debate yourselves untill your yellow in the face Smiley Smiley Smiley

And, guess what?

Great post Cyncie! You nailed it!

Rocky, I think your math is worse than your writing! Looks like the "angry half dozen" is more like 30 or 40. But I'm not counting.

Didn't you say you were "OUTTA HERE" like four posts ago?

Seriosly, my advice is to stop being so angry and go back and answer the dozens of questions you have ignored. You are just alienating potential customers.

We all know Brian made it back into safe hands.We have heard the story of Brian wandering homeless in San Diego, so your story is not a jaw dropper. What we do not know is how Stephen got screwed by his brother,  or what perjury went down at the songwriting trial? Wet our appetites with something interestiing brah!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx