gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680828 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:13:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 493848 times)
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: March 15, 2016, 05:36:04 PM »

Ok, let's get back to venom. Tut-tutting chaki is boring. We get that kinda venom all the time! Let's go for vintage venom. Rollicking Rocky reverie!

So! What did you think of Mike Love when you first met him? What about towards the end? How did he treat Brian Wilson in private?

Smiley :)Page 4...  Mike is condescending towards Brian... thinks he's better than Brian! LOL LOL
Smiley :)I REPEAT... MIKE IS CONDESCENDING TOWARDS BRIAN...  THINKS HE'S BETTER THAN BRIAN...  LOL LOL  IF YOU ONLY KNEW THE HALF OF IT! Smiley Smiley DON'T LET MIKE'S FAKE MEDITATION FOOL YA!
iT'S MORE LIKE "SCHEMATATION!" LOL LOL  There's a lyric for ya mike-y... ask Brian if he wants to "USE" that one... KIND OF LIKE "THE SURF WORD MAN" eh! (CURRENT AFFAIR 1994)

That is funny, after I saw that episode of A Current Affair, I wrote and recorded a song called Surf Word Man with a friend of mine.  I called A Current Affair to have them give me permission to use that phrase and sample Mike into the song.  It was pretty fun!
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 15, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »

The Rocky bashing aside, he is saying, in essense, there was collusion to commit perjury in Mike's behalf, at Mike's behest?

These are serious, and criminal, accusations!  If true, VERY disturbing!

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the point of all this. It would make a lot of sense as to why he's doing this.

Let's have an answer!
Smiley Smiley

Having read some of the previous stories in this thread, I'm really struck by the serious implications of all this. 
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1802 on: March 15, 2016, 08:05:03 PM »

"SCHEMATATION!"

Why isn't this in the dictionary yet?  Grin

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »

The Rocky bashing aside, he is saying, in essense, there was collusion to commit perjury in Mike's behalf, at Mike's behest?

These are serious, and criminal, accusations!  If true, VERY disturbing!

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the point of all this. It would make a lot of sense as to why he's doing this.

Let's have an answer!
Smiley Smiley

Having read some of the previous stories in this thread, I'm really struck by the serious implications of all this. 

Agree 100% Debbie. The thread's lost whatever humour it had. Perjury carries five years in the US I believe; no idea what incitement to perjury might carry. If Steve Love taped certain conversations, then certain folk might be going down. Including one enthusiastic poster here. It goes beyond a message board and an unpublishable manuscript; this should reappear in the courts any time…

“We live in divisive times.”
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 15, 2016, 11:02:59 PM »

I'm kind of bewildered by it. All the songs at issue were from before Rocky's time, right? What could he testify to?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:10:23 PM by Emily » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 15, 2016, 11:53:23 PM »

Let's have an answer!
Smiley Smiley

Agree 100% Debbie. The thread's lost whatever humour it had. Perjury carries five years in the US I believe; no idea what incitement to perjury might carry. If Steve Love taped certain conversations, then certain folk might be going down. Including one enthusiastic poster here. It goes beyond a message board and an unpublishable manuscript; this should reappear in the courts any time…
Considering the serious legal ramifications of these allegations, should this thread even be allowed to continue? This just became, in essence, a criminal matter.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: March 15, 2016, 11:59:30 PM »

I'm kind of bewildered by it. All the songs at issue were from before Rocky's time, right? What could he testify to?

And what were the motivations for taping the conversations in the first place? Blackmail?

Y

Let's have an answer!
Smiley Smiley

Considering the serious legal ramifications of these allegations, should this thread even be allowed to continue? This just became, in essence, a criminal matter.

Couldn't agree more.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 16, 2016, 12:16:26 AM »

And what were the motivations for taping the conversations in the first place? Blackmail?

Y

Let's have an answer!
Smiley Smiley

Couldn't agree more.
Does perjury carry a statue of limitations?

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 16, 2016, 12:17:56 AM »

Somebody, take a screenshot of Rocky's posts before he deletes them.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 16, 2016, 12:20:53 AM »

Y

Let's have an answer!
Smiley Smiley

Couldn't agree more.

Does perjury carry a statue of limitations?

Don't know… not just perjury though; there's conspiracy to defraud and a whole raft of other charges to consider. Rocky's revealing where skeletons are buried, just that he appears to be one of them skeletons.

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1810 on: March 16, 2016, 12:41:45 AM »

Way back in the early days of this compost heap Rocklette provided a link to some HATE Mike thread where closer to the end of it...3/4s of the way maybe...Steve posted some interested suggestions about THIS specific subject matter.  I remember posting/commenting on it back then after I finally went to the site in question and read the thread.  It's long.  V E R Y interesting.  Old squirrel could turn out to be a total and unwittingly helpful hero here simply by 'accident'.  I looked back.  I think it was December 30 in an answer to Cam..."

:)Cam Mott... I want to commend you on your keenly intuitive... highly insightful comment about DISHING the DIRT when it comes to Mike! I can assure you Cam that I have been patiently leading up to an ENORMOUS amount of DIRT DISHING with regards to the ever lovable Mike Love!!! Just ask Brian how lovable he feels Mike Love is... does the expression " EARFUL " mean anything to you? When I get to the  matter of Mike Love-less the readers who feel the way you do... and a number of others on this blog... there will be dancing in the streets... and unparalleled celebration!!! Have I mentioned the extensive blog, in existence for several years now, with countless posters "Man vs Clown" (Why I hate Mike Love) What a title!! What on earth could this person have done to garner this much hatred? Karma can be a BITCH!! "

Can you imagine if these allegations can be proven?

He that protesteth too much indeed.  That would make the 'other' ***book***  Wink *** obsolete before it even hits the shelves.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:05:16 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 16, 2016, 01:30:50 AM »

The Rocky bashing aside, he is saying, in essense, their was collusion to commit perjury in Mike's behalf, at Mike's behest?

Smiley Smiley O.R.R... NOW THERE'S A SMART PERSON!!! Smiley Smiley Do you know who Charles English is...? (Fact Checkers)

So Rocky, how does Charles English, lawyer to the Stars, fit into this conspiracy to commit perjury in Mike's behalf?

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 16, 2016, 04:14:34 AM »

I would like to hear Rocky's take on the lawsuit instead of trading insults. Some interesting stuff for sure!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 16, 2016, 04:56:51 AM »

I don't understand that either.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1814 on: March 16, 2016, 05:25:03 AM »

So is the story that the "heroin incident" was secretly taped not true?
Smiley Smiley Page 2... SNEAKY STAN TAPED IT... and that's not all STAN TAPED... Wait till Mike-y gets an earful of the "SMOKING GUN TAPE"... where Stan tapes he and I talking about...          WHO LIED BEST IN COURT FOR... MIKE Evil Evil

Rocky, sincere questions here.  Assuming you mean that you lied in court for Mike's benefit, I have two questions:

1. Do you mean Mike was aware and wanted you to do so?
2. Why and how did you go from being hired to protect Brian to harming him?  Granted you were hired to protect him from drugs, not law suits, but still.  It seems you have respect for Brian as a person and artist.  What happened?

EoL

My initial assumption from this quote was that Rocky was claiming he testified and lied for Mike.  Upon re-reading it he does not state that he specifically testified amd lied, only that Stan taped a conversation wherein they discussed who was the better liar.  But who are the liars under consideration?  Stan and Rocky?  Stan and Steve?  Someone else altogether?  Rocky will need to clarify.  If he is referring to others then that partially answers my question above, perhaps he didn't actually testify and lie and therefore didn't really harm Brian, at least not directly.  It could be argued he could have exposed the tape earlier, but the consequences could have been steep for doing so.

Are there any quotes where he claims he testified?  Testimony would still be possible as he could testify that he heard conversations that supported Mike's claims, etc.  He would not need to be present when the songs were written in order to testify, he would only need to possession supporting information, but my guess is he is claiming he witnessed others committing perjury and a conversation about the perjury was taped.

Also, from what I've found online it seems the federal statute of limitations is five years, I am not certain if there are state laws that would supercede in a non-federal case and I assume this was a state case.

EoL
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:29:45 AM by Empire Of Love » Logged

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: March 16, 2016, 06:14:06 AM »

Wouldn't a tape of Stan and Rocky talking about third parties be hearsay?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1816 on: March 16, 2016, 06:15:23 AM »

Obviously.  That's the question: who is on the tape and who is under discussion?

EoL

Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 16, 2016, 07:25:05 AM »

Hearsay may not be acceptable evidence in a court of law but surely it would ring some alarm bells for those who are avid supporters if the people whom they have been championing seem to have been acting in a way that is unethical?
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 16, 2016, 08:49:16 AM »

The Rocky bashing aside, he is saying, in essense, their was collusion to commit perjury in Mike's behalf, at Mike's behest?

These are serious, and criminal, accusations!  If true, VERY disturbing!
Smiley Smiley O.R.R... NOW THERE'S A SMART PERSON!!! Smiley Smiley Do you know who Charles English is...? (Fact Checkers)

So Rocky, how does Charles English, lawyer to the Stars, fit into this conspiracy to commit perjury in Mike's behalf?

Smiley Smiley That is an excellent question.  Grin Grin  Man... Monday, when I posted The Final Segment: 8 of "Wha--Ooh," there were 77,000 reads... At the end of the following day there were 81,000 + reads!  "WOW"        5,000 reads in two days... I was only hoping to reach 80,000! on Mike-y's birthday!  The gifts just keep COMING! Psyche!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:40:39 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 16, 2016, 09:03:22 AM »

I would like to hear Rocky's take on the lawsuit instead of trading insults. Some interesting stuff for sure!
Smiley Smiley THE VOICE OF REASON, First of all, I think WE SHOULD ALL WISH Mike-y a JOYOUS BELATED "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" His 75th (damn that's old) and only 5 or 6 wives? Well, let's see.  Between the ROLLING STONE "SOCIAL SUICIDE" interview/article Mike-y provided for US, that was "SHEER DELIGHT!" Oh, and the NECKTIE I sent Mike-y for his birthday yesterday...      "A COLUMBIAN NECKTIE!"  It just keeps getting better!  LOL  YOU SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!  "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" TO YOU...  Brian and Melinda send their LOVE! Love
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:37:25 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 16, 2016, 09:27:56 AM »

Obviously.  That's the question: who is on the tape and who is under discussion?

EoL
Smiley Smiley Empire of... you've got a bad name!  I TOLD YOU... STAN TAPED "HE and I" and it was taped with my CONSENT... which makes it PERMISSIBLE in a court of law! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:38:25 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 16, 2016, 09:34:39 AM »

I don't understand that either.
Smiley Smiley "CLUELESS"  pay attention!  Don't make me change it to the "angry 14" LOL  I am the "TRUMP of SMILE"... the "angry 13" are the "CHUMPS of SMILE"  Just ask the GRACIOUS           "SMILE READERS"  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:35:35 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 16, 2016, 09:41:27 AM »

"SCHEMATATION!"

Why isn't this in the dictionary yet?  Grin
Smiley Smiley It will be... IN THE MIKE LOVE-LESS dictionary!  While Mike-y was pretending to practice "meditation"... he was really just napping and SCHEMING!   I have coined the word "SCHEMATATION"  to describe this. Transcendental Meditation
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:33:49 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 16, 2016, 09:52:28 AM »

I have two real questions Rocky:
-why does the quantity of reads matter so much to you?
-do you intend to clarify any of the points raised about this tape and its contents in this thread?
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 16, 2016, 09:53:29 AM »

Somebody, take a screenshot of Rocky's posts before he deletes them.
Smiley Smiley "IMMUNITY" can be fun... But you'll have to stop the mental masturbation!  If you keep doing it... you'll grow hair on your palms! LOL LOL  
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:31:20 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx