gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 02:06:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 493645 times)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 10, 2016, 03:27:45 PM »

Wow guys, this is all comic gold. Great work here.  Roll Eyes

Did it every cross any of your minds' that some people would still rather hear from Rocky than endure your self-satisfied, holier-than-thou crap, no matter what he's done in the past or what tone he takes in the present?

Great job, everyone. You're picking on an old former male model on an Internet message board. Talk about speaking truth to power! What crusaders you are.

Now, take some of the insinuations made here about Rocky -- what he's done in his past, how he's made a living, the quality of his genitals -- and imagine the tables were turned, and we were discussing a woman whose trajectory intersected with the Beach Boys. Would some of this pompous, bullying bullsh!t seem quite so appropriate?

Meanwhile, the backslapping continues. HAHAHA that was a good one! You're so enlightened! Rocky is sooooo stoopid. Hyuk!

Whatever!

Oh, PLEASE.  Give me an effing break.  To be clear, I'm actually with you on the sexual things - I haven't gone there - but the attempted bullying and condescension started with one Rushton Pamplin.  He was given a fair hearing - I was one of the ones who called for that in the beginning - but past a certain point, some goofball posting in a patronizing way attempting to make *you* his biotch, when he's got absolutely no call to, deserves exactly what he gets in return.  I actually think he's kind of enjoying it too.

I haven't noticed Mr. Pamplin being in any way deterred from his posting - nor you from reading those posts - by the hilarity that has gone on on the sidelines.  Which is totally, absolutely, completely justified.  
This

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 10, 2016, 06:34:09 PM »

Smiley Good Mourning SMILE  Smiley Smiley My AWARD WINNING manager said I can GIVE YOU GIRLS another CHAPTER... We added a NEW chapter... Its called like I always told MAGNA CUM LAUDE Steve about Mike LOVELESS... STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES...  Tongue Dead Horse group hug w00t! Ninja its about MY TIME after I SAVED BRIANS LIFE!!!  police Afro dennis when I was a MILLIONAIRE CAMEL MAN!!!

- - -

OK, who's next?
So, what? Are you all just going to leave me hanging?
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 10, 2016, 07:02:02 PM »

I think that Rocky, and not Burt Reynolds, should have played the Jack Horner role in Boogie Nights.

I think if Rocky was on the radar of Paul Thomas Anderson, he would have gotten cast in the movie in a smaller role at the very least. Totally serious.

Rocky… How many bowls of Wheaties did you have to eat during the filming of the commercial? Was it nonfat milk in the bowl?  Did you spit out the food between takes? I know that happens often times when actors have to continually eat food.
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 10, 2016, 07:03:31 PM »

I'd prefer to leave Rocky hangin'...
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1629 on: March 10, 2016, 07:12:21 PM »

Well that's the thing isn't it.  Pound a pacifist because he told me to eff off?  And I'm on the payroll?  And I'm proud of it?  And I'm going to go and tell people who love and respect the guy that I did it and expect a warm reception?  I'm delusional.  Take a guy who's drugged out of his mind...a virtual 'rag doll' and kick and pound the living daylights out of him...to perhaps within an inch of his life and have a 6'9" assistant lend a hand because I don't have the balls to try it alone and then blame it on the victim's sister in law?  I'm a worthless piece of sh*t.

There is nothing about the guy that is to be respected.  Ziltch.  Nada.  SFA.  He's a bully.  A loudmouth. Untrustworthy.  AND...he has no balls.  His stories aren't WORTH it.  They contain virtually NO credibility.  And he expects a free pass 'cause he's willing to concoct a 'play' in which Brian Wilson stars as the guy who lays a beat-down on a cowardly Mike Love?  [and tells us that THAT is what Brian will want to see exposed?]  So all those who think that Mike is less than all that should not only line up behind Pamplin and have his back but ALSO buy his crappy little novel?  Not me.  I've been clear about that from the get-go.  Yet I stayed away and stopped posting so that those who had a thirst for more and who wanted to see how this non stop shipment of bullshit would turn out could do so.

Unbelievable.  Dishonest.  Unworthy of our consideration.  And certainly undeserving of any of our support or respect.  He has absolutely NONE of that  for anyone else.  And I mean NO ONE.  Well that's exactly who should be in his cowardly little corner of the pig stye that this thread has been from day one.  A top 10 thread in the history of the current format of this site is what this garbage pit has become.  There must be more reality TV show and soap opera fans here than music fans in general or people who have respect for the legacy of one of the MOST talented bands of all time in particular.

That this guy revels in the fact that he did what he did to the 3 Wilson brothers and continues to skate around here like he's a welcome addition to the process is just about the most ludicrous thing I have ever seen on ANY message board in all of my years on-line.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:16:41 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 10, 2016, 10:24:11 PM »

Hey Rocky... you still living in your van ?

As for 75,000 reads, I'm guessing you're responsible for maybe 100 of those. You gonna buy 100 copies of your own book ?
He's posted 205 times, he most often comes back to edit his posts and I see him in the thread often without posting, so I'd guess at minimum he's got to buy 615 copies.

But I'm going to have to shell out a whole lot of dollars by this logic!

Seriously, who's going to buy even one copy of a book about a guy completely failing to do his job properly ?
Who's going to buy a book from a guy who doesn't even know the difference between "Fiction" and "Non-Fiction"?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 10, 2016, 11:20:14 PM »

Smiley Good Mourning SMILE  Smiley Smiley My AWARD WINNING manager said I can GIVE YOU GIRLS another CHAPTER... We added a NEW chapter... Its called like I always told MAGNA CUM LAUDE Steve about Mike LOVELESS... STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES...  Tongue Dead Horse group hug w00t! Ninja its about MY TIME after I SAVED BRIANS LIFE!!!  police Afro dennis when I was a MILLIONAIRE CAMEL MAN!!!

- - -

OK, who's next?

Emily, your Rocky style post was so incredibly well done that I'm guessing others are unwilling to attempt to replicate it - and there's no way anyone could surpass it. Even Rocky himself was quite impressed.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 10, 2016, 11:22:30 PM »

Hey Rocky... you still living in your van ?

As for 75,000 reads, I'm guessing you're responsible for maybe 100 of those. You gonna buy 100 copies of your own book ?
He's posted 205 times, he most often comes back to edit his posts and I see him in the thread often without posting, so I'd guess at minimum he's got to buy 615 copies.

But I'm going to have to shell out a whole lot of dollars by this logic!

Seriously, who's going to buy even one copy of a book about a guy completely failing to do his job properly ?
Who's going to buy a book from a guy who doesn't even know the difference between "Fiction" and "Non-Fiction"?

Reckon I'm due to buy a few dozen copies at least for all the times I've posted here. If I add up the savings I'll make by NOT fulfilling that obligation, I'll be able to take the family on holiday! And it's all down to Rocky! Smiley

“We live in divisive times.”
Forrest Gump
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 10, 2016, 11:29:56 PM »

- - -

OK, who's next?

gosh, i sure hope so....... yack yack yack yack yack. give your keyboard a long rest, PLEASE.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 10, 2016, 11:33:20 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/RN-The-Memoirs-Richard-Nixon/dp/0671707418

Grin

Careful there, Pretty Funky, you're linking to a book rated 4 1/2 stars on Amazon, about a man, who despite his obvious faults, was one of the most politically astute presidents in US history concerning their grasp of foreign poilcy. And his domestic record is full of major accomplishments. Yes, he screwed up in the paranoia department, but let's remember that on this earth nobody's perfect - including our heroes (and villains) The Beach Boys.

http://listverse.com/2013/11/08/10-reasons-richard-nixon-was-secretly-an-amazing-president/

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: March 10, 2016, 11:34:42 PM »

- - -

OK, who's next?

Apparently it's an Einsteinian thing: keep 'em hanging to bring out their creative best! Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 11, 2016, 12:02:02 AM »

- - -

OK, who's next?

gosh, i sure hope so....... yack yack yack yack yack. give your keyboard a long rest, PLEASE.
Grin +1

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: March 11, 2016, 12:10:54 AM »

Oh, PLEASE.  Give me an effing break.  To be clear, I'm actually with you on the sexual things - I haven't gone there - but the attempted bullying and condescension started with one Rushton Pamplin.  He was given a fair hearing - I was one of the ones who called for that in the beginning - but past a certain point, some goofball posting in a patronizing way attempting to make *you* his biotch, when he's got absolutely no call to, deserves exactly what he gets in return.  I actually think he's kind of enjoying it too.

I haven't noticed Mr. Pamplin being in any way deterred from his posting - nor you from reading those posts - by the hilarity that has gone on on the sidelines.  Which is totally, absolutely, completely justified.  

Oh, PLEASE.  Give me an effing break, too, Adam.  Funny, I agree with most of what you say - but, I must protest; go back to the start of the thread - the attempted bullying and condescension was started by members of this board before Rocky came here.  Bit of a monkey see, monkey doo situation.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: March 11, 2016, 01:51:20 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/RN-The-Memoirs-Richard-Nixon/dp/0671707418

Grin

Careful there, Pretty Funky, you're linking to a book rated 4 1/2 stars on Amazon, about a man, who despite his obvious faults, was one of the most politically astute presidents in US history concerning their grasp of foreign poilcy. And his domestic record is full of major accomplishments. Yes, he screwed up in the paranoia department, but let's remember that on this earth nobody's perfect - including our heroes (and villains) The Beach Boys.

http://listverse.com/2013/11/08/10-reasons-richard-nixon-was-secretly-an-amazing-president/

Failing to uphold the honor of the highest office in the land is 'failing to do his job' IMO. But that's a discussion for another message board.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: March 11, 2016, 02:41:43 AM »

Someone lurking on this board and who has read it with great interest, but who has not posted, has privately emailed me the first entry in the Rocky fanfic challenge. 

This rather illustrious person, whose resume and working history perhaps even surpasses that of the esteemed Mr. Pamplin, would prefer to remain anonymous, but I am reposting it on their behalf.  I will relay any book offers to that person directly or if, since apparently there is no distinction between fiction and non-fiction, Mr. Pamplin would like to buy the rights to this chapter, I will relay any reasonable offer and act as a broker in good faith.

So one day we were on tour in Fargo or Wichita or Omaha or Akron, and it we were there early so me and Stan took Brian out walking in the afternoon before we were going to get into a limo to go the show that night. It was a hot day and after awhile Stan was thirsty and hungry so Stan and I stopped at a liquor store so we could get our usual Mr Pibb and beef jerky while Brian waited outside since we told him he couldn't go into liquor stores.  While I was looking for the sodas, I heard Stan shout from the checkout counter, "Hey Rocky!  Get your ass over here! You gotta see this!!"

So I drop the six pack of Mr Pibbs, run to the font of the store, and I see that theres a Winston cigarettes display on the checkout counter, and it had that big photo of me with the advertisement that was running everywhere in every magazine in the world at the time! I saw that display and the kid behind the counter, who was like 17, saw it and saw it was me and I could see he was way impressed!  "I totally smoke Winstons, man," he said.

So Stan says, "You know what we should do, Rocky? You stand right next to that picture, and we'll see if the next person who comes in here sees you and sees that it's you in that picture!"  And the kid says, "Yeah, it'll totally freak their sh*t, man."

So I stand there next to that display, and some old guy, kind of decrepit and unshaved, looks like a total bum alky, walks in to the store and walks over to the counter, and I'm standing there, like. "Hey, how ya doing?" He looks at me, and I nod towards the Winston display.  He looks at the display, looks at me, looks at the display, looks at me, then looks me up and down and goes, "Hmph!" and turns to the kid at the checkout counter.

"Gimme two packs of Marlboro reds."

Stan, who's standing next to the counter on the other side of the guy, decides to play with him a little, gives the old man a little shove on the shoulder, and says, "Hey, my buddy thinks you should smoke WINSTONS."  The old guy doesn't even look at him but just says, "shove off."

Uh oh!  No one tells MY FIREND STAN to SHOVE OFF! and suddenly Stan is all over the guy! He starts punching him but the guy shoves back and almost gets in a punch, so I jump in and we just start wailing on this old jerk, he's trying to cover his face with his hands so I get him in the ribs, and Stan bashes him in the head witha  tin of Skoal, and the kid behind the counter is laughing his ass off and we get this old alky bum on the ground curled up like a baby crying and wimp-ering and crying and bloody nosed while we get in some real good kicks, and finally we stop and let him get up and he starts to shuffle to the door.  Just as he's leaving, Stan says, "Hey! Wait!" and he grabs a pack of Winstons from behind the counter and tosses them at the old guy, and with a big smile Stan says "With our compliments!"

So the old guy leaves with his free smokes and we're laughing our asses off and the kid is looking at me and Stan and saying to each of us, "YOU DA MAN!" when Brian walks in and heads over to the counter.  Stan pushes me next to the spot besides the Winston display, and says to Brian, "Hey Brian - check it out!" and points to the display and points to me. 

Brian sees the display, looks at me, and turns to the kid and says "I wanna pack of True menthols."
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: March 11, 2016, 07:53:26 AM »

Someone lurking on this board and who has read it with great interest, but who has not posted, has privately emailed me the first entry in the Rocky fanfic challenge. 

This rather illustrious person, whose resume and working history perhaps even surpasses that of the esteemed Mr. Pamplin, would prefer to remain anonymous, but I am reposting it on their behalf.  I will relay any book offers to that person directly or if, since apparently there is no distinction between fiction and non-fiction, Mr. Pamplin would like to buy the rights to this chapter, I will relay any reasonable offer and act as a broker in good faith.

So one day we were on tour in Fargo or Wichita or Omaha or Akron, and it we were there early so me and Stan took Brian out walking in the afternoon before we were going to get into a limo to go the show that night. It was a hot day and after awhile Stan was thirsty and hungry so Stan and I stopped at a liquor store so we could get our usual Mr Pibb and beef jerky while Brian waited outside since we told him he couldn't go into liquor stores.  While I was looking for the sodas, I heard Stan shout from the checkout counter, "Hey Rocky!  Get your ass over here! You gotta see this!!"

So I drop the six pack of Mr Pibbs, run to the font of the store, and I see that theres a Winston cigarettes display on the checkout counter, and it had that big photo of me with the advertisement that was running everywhere in every magazine in the world at the time! I saw that display and the kid behind the counter, who was like 17, saw it and saw it was me and I could see he was way impressed!  "I totally smoke Winstons, man," he said.

So Stan says, "You know what we should do, Rocky? You stand right next to that picture, and we'll see if the next person who comes in here sees you and sees that it's you in that picture!"  And the kid says, "Yeah, it'll totally freak their sh*t, man."

So I stand there next to that display, and some old guy, kind of decrepit and unshaved, looks like a total bum alky, walks in to the store and walks over to the counter, and I'm standing there, like. "Hey, how ya doing?" He looks at me, and I nod towards the Winston display.  He looks at the display, looks at me, looks at the display, looks at me, then looks me up and down and goes, "Hmph!" and turns to the kid at the checkout counter.

"Gimme two packs of Marlboro reds."

Stan, who's standing next to the counter on the other side of the guy, decides to play with him a little, gives the old man a little shove on the shoulder, and says, "Hey, my buddy thinks you should smoke WINSTONS."  The old guy doesn't even look at him but just says, "shove off."

Uh oh!  No one tells MY FIREND STAN to SHOVE OFF! and suddenly Stan is all over the guy! He starts punching him but the guy shoves back and almost gets in a punch, so I jump in and we just start wailing on this old jerk, he's trying to cover his face with his hands so I get him in the ribs, and Stan bashes him in the head witha  tin of Skoal, and the kid behind the counter is laughing his ass off and we get this old alky bum on the ground curled up like a baby crying and wimp-ering and crying and bloody nosed while we get in some real good kicks, and finally we stop and let him get up and he starts to shuffle to the door.  Just as he's leaving, Stan says, "Hey! Wait!" and he grabs a pack of Winstons from behind the counter and tosses them at the old guy, and with a big smile Stan says "With our compliments!"

So the old guy leaves with his free smokes and we're laughing our asses off and the kid is looking at me and Stan and saying to each of us, "YOU DA MAN!" when Brian walks in and heads over to the counter.  Stan pushes me next to the spot besides the Winston display, and says to Brian, "Hey Brian - check it out!" and points to the display and points to me. 

Brian sees the display, looks at me, and turns to the kid and says "I wanna pack of True menthols."

This is great! So much so, in fact, that it's just as depressing as "real" Rocky chapters.

Le moineau est venu se poser ŕ ma fenętre.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 11, 2016, 08:33:37 AM »

Can Adam "ghostwrite" Rocky's book? LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 11, 2016, 09:33:19 AM »

the guy recorded with brian friggan wilson and worked with robert z'dar. of course im going to want to read about this stuff!
Smiley Thank you, Chaki.  I have not read Smile since YOUR post on page 65... I will POST the final Segment: 8 of "Wha--Ooh" on Monday!  That will also be My Final Post on Smile!
Smiley Smile "Rocky Pamplin book about the Beach Boys" was created on November 11, 2015... When i first posted 28 days later, on December 9, 2015, there were a mere 2,300 reads!  According to those numbers... three months later... today... March 11, 2016, there would be 9,200 reads.  Today there are over 75,000 reads!  One week after this coming Monday, March 20, 2016, I bet there will be over 85,000 reads...
Let's see how many reads there are three months after that day... July 11, 2016?  Better yet, let's see how many Smile readers have smiles on their faces  Sad :(SMILE readers:  You can THANK "the angry 13" FOR THIS!... Andrew g. "doe boy" doe doe... John MANLESS Manning... If I only "add some" brains... cat-nip "cat-lag"ing... smiley Emily... the "angry half dozen" Evil Evil
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:22:26 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 11, 2016, 12:10:08 PM »

adamghost, that was really good. Absolutely captured it.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 11, 2016, 12:23:09 PM »

Does anyone have a definitive list of The Angry 13?  AGD, Lee, Emily, John Manning...be nice to establish official credentials.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1645 on: March 11, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »

Does anybody care ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: March 11, 2016, 12:41:44 PM »

adamghost, that was really good. Absolutely captured it.

Thanks gang...but it was the stone cold truth that I was just reposting, and not writing.  Not my work.  The author wishes to remain anonymous as he/she are working on their William Henry Harrison presidential biography.

I believe 17 people have been on the Smiley Smile Board today, and 35 people have posted in this thread, which my anonymous friend believes will translate to 2,567 sales for his William Henry Harrison book.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:43:26 PM by adamghost » Logged
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 11, 2016, 12:42:30 PM »

Does anyone have a definitive list of The Angry 13?  AGD, Lee, Emily, John Manning...be nice to establish official credentials.

When you get to making a list of the The Laughing 1--, I want on that one.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: March 11, 2016, 12:43:03 PM »

Add me to the list
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 11, 2016, 12:43:30 PM »

Hello Guilty and proud of it!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 83 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx