gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 11:08:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still Tourin' Trailer  (Read 29009 times)
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2015, 05:44:39 PM »

I'm not sure I understand what is being suggested here, that Mike commissioned "Noven Jaisi" to compile this video for his Facebook page?  Or was it like this fake trailer Noven Jaisi did:

https://www.facebook.com/officialbrianwilson/posts/10207183342847138

Anybody have a screenshot of the Facebook posting on Mike's page?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2015, 11:11:38 PM »

My understanding is that Mike commissioned this from Mr. Jaisi, knowing full well that a wrath of Biblical dimension would instantly descend from the heavens (or this forum - which is much the same thing, of course: are we not Olympian deities, omniscient and omnipotent ?), allowing him to delete the post from his page, thus disassociating himself from it while simultaneously engaging in a complex double bluff and getting his message out there, knowing that all rational fans will realise that, as well executed as the video is, it's not officially sanctioned. Except that it is, of course.

That's what I would say, were I an extremely gullible conspiracy theorist with a handy Thesaurus. Thankfully, I'm not. It's a very well executed fan video that subtly implies it's official product when it isn't. I'm guessing it was deleted from Mike's page for that very reason, and because it's Copyright Infringement Central as regards the various clips. For those pointing out, reasonably enough, that the BW one is still up, that's clearly labelled as a parody.

And now, I must maintain my front as an independent entity by pretending to go work as a bookie for some ten hours. If I can find the bloody shop - the fog out there is about as dense as some posters here.  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »

Some thing is rotten for sure about this video using first generation audio and close up video from M&B tours. There is no way a fan video taped that rotating stage in Austin, Texas that close up. Plus restored Carl Wilson footage and never before seen footage that is nowhere on youtube.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 12:00:49 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2015, 12:12:04 PM »

Some thing is rotten for sure about this video using first generation audio and close up video from M&B tours. There is no way a fan video taped that rotating stage in Austin, Texas that close up. Plus restored Carl Wilson footage and never before seen footage that is nowhere on youtube.

Why don't you ask the guy who made it what is up with it instead of insinuating something out of your a........ir. Thin air.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2015, 12:35:21 PM »

Terrible thing, paranoia. All conspiracy theorists seem to be afflicted with it.

Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2015, 04:16:21 PM »

I blame Oswald for this but there are indications that someone was behind a fence on a grassy hillside. Then again it could be Jack Ruby
Zeppo

Make waves, not love
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2015, 10:25:10 PM »

Terrible thing, paranoia. All conspiracy theorists seem to be afflicted with it.

Don't you know that back in the 1950s the CIA developed a virus that makes people believe in conspiracy theories?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2015, 11:28:46 PM »

Well THAT would explain a lot... and not just here !

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2015, 01:04:37 PM »

Don't you know that back in the 1950s the CIA developed a virus that makes people believe in conspiracy theories?

Really? What's your source?  And if that's true, how will we know what's real and what just feels real any more?

Wink
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:07:39 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2015, 05:30:08 AM »

Really? What's your source?  And if that's true, how will we know what's real and what just feels real any more?

Wink

As you might think, I heard it from someone who knows somebody who's in the know. Apparently most western governments funded the development of said virus to ensure nobody can tell the imagined conspiracies from the real ones. Grin
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:54:56 AM by Micha » Logged

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2015, 07:46:04 AM »

When in doubt, go to the source. Noven confirms he did it purely on his own and the clips came from his own extensive archive.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2015, 08:05:42 AM »

And if he's read half of the sh*t posted on here about it, he probably wishes he hadn't bothered.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2015, 08:20:26 AM »

When in doubt, go to the source. Noven confirms he did it purely on his own and the clips came from his own extensive archive.

At last, our long international nightmare is over.

Probably.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2015, 08:27:42 AM »

Doubt it. My father had a saying, can't tell someone something they don't want to hear.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2015, 09:09:54 AM »

There is no way this guy had this exclude footage without following M&B on tour or recieving footage from the touring management. Plus only Mike's management could post the video on his Facebook page. Something is rotten as usual with that guy.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2015, 09:14:46 AM »

Told ya.  Grin

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2015, 09:19:47 AM »

If it were just a fan video, why did it get posted and pulled down on Mike's FB page?

Plus if it were just a fan video, where did he get those audio and video sources?

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2015, 09:26:13 AM »

If it were just a fan video, why did it get posted and pulled down on Mike's FB page?

Plus if it were just a fan video, where did he get those audio and video sources?

I'm wondering the same thing

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2015, 09:26:32 AM »

fire it up

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2015, 10:44:06 AM »

Pretty sure the vast majority of footage comes from publicly available sources, the C50 live film most notably, but also Wink's interview with Mike.

And let's not forget that Mike tracks odd photos online (like the SS image he used onstage), so it's entirely possible he simply liked the clip.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:54:58 AM by Wirestone » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2015, 10:58:30 AM »

As Noven said, all the footage came from his own collection. None was wittingly supplied by BRI.

Someone explain to me why we're having this fucking stupid  conversation, please.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2015, 11:04:32 AM »

Why the conversation? Because no one is giving a straight answer!

I cannot find much of this video on youtube outside of the wink interview!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:10:06 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2015, 12:07:11 PM »

I'm not very Facebook saavy but can't anyone share anything to your timeline until you delete it?

From sources available to the public which you haven't found yet?

chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2015, 01:05:29 PM »

holy sh*t the conspiracy theories here are amazingly hilarious. really someone can't see how an old dude running an older dudes fb page can see a fan mad video, get a kick out of it and post it to the page? fucking christ.
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2015, 04:30:47 PM »

Why the conversation? Because no one is giving a straight answer!

I cannot find much of this video on youtube outside of the wink interview!

It's taken from a variety of videos that are already on YouTube. I recognized some of it from this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgx6NDjrnxk

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx