gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681012 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 08:54:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: David marks  (Read 31328 times)
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2015, 07:00:02 PM »

I would not post this unless I saw that carrie marks has already posted something which was passed on to me by Eric. The professor is at the Surf City Allstars show then to have heard that David marks of the Beach Boys has been hospitalized today. I will continue to follow as everyone will whatever information comes out. But I am myself in the state of anxiety and shock sitting here in the front row before the show is about to begin without David. I am focusing all my energy on good wishes for David and sending this message of deep love and devotion to him as one of our great heroes who has brought us so much incredible pleasure over the years, and we can't wait to hear from him and to see him back burning those great classic guitar solos and playing that toes to the nose rhythm so central to beach boy music. Here's to you Dave. Please get well and know that we love you very much.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 07:11:20 PM »

Posted by Carrie earlier:

Lack of ticket sales tonight literally broke David's heart. He was admitted to the hospital with severe chest pain this morning where he had a 99% blockage of his aorta removed and 3 stints put in. The doctor said it was a miracle he didn't just drop dead of a massive heart attack. I'm still a little in shock, but he's resting comfortably and arguing with me about whether or not his romance with Cheetos is over. It is!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 07:18:02 PM »

Aw, man. That's terrible! Hope he recovers quickly. Damn you, Cheetos!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 07:22:48 PM »

The show is getting a late start, but it does not appear to be cancelled. the promoter told me the show would be played in dave's honor. The crowd is very small, & I never would have heard about the show if Erica had not posted it on this board. So something must have gone wrong with the promotion. Most of the people here heard about it in local newsletters concerning things to do in the South Bay. Something must have gone very wrong with the whole advertisement of the show. Many many many people would want to flock to see these all stars and to see Dave. The attendance tonight is no real reflection of Dave's popularity and of the role that this music has in Southern California, national, and global history. I am sure that Mike and Bryan and Al and Bruce are monitoring the situation and keeping in touch and showing support for Dave. This of course is just my feeling about how these beachboys care for each other, & I do look forward to hearing more and good news about Dave's recovery.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 07:40:08 PM »

OMG

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 07:51:59 PM »

Pullin' for YOU David....BIG TIME.  At least now you won't have to wonder why your balls kept turning orange.  Don't worry about a thing.  It wasn't and isn't your 'time'.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 07:57:38 PM »

Yes, all best wishes to you David. Get well soon!

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 08:07:03 PM »

Very best of wishes. I love David Marks.

My 82-year old uncle survived an emergency quadruple bypass + aortic valve replacement recently, and David's a spring chicken by comparison... so he can beat this, no doubt. It can be done!

I hope the other Beach Boys can all put their differences aside once and for all (and beyond this incident... from this point on), and rally around his side. I'd be surprised if Brian and Mike don't (at the very least) speak on the phone about this.

Please stay with us, Dave.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:48:14 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 08:13:27 PM »

Hoping and praying.

Hold on, Dave!  You absolute cannot go out before the older farts do!

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 08:15:57 PM »

Dave better not leave us.
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 08:43:53 PM »

Best wishes Dave and Carrie! I'll pray for your recovery  Smiley
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 08:44:58 PM »

The show so far is a surreal experience. The band is speaking lovingly of davr and said that they want to do justice to the songs for his sake. The lead guitarist who is filling in for most of the parts that Dave would be playing is doing a good job, but it's very clear that he did not expect to play some of those parts.  they are soldiering on for the sake of the show and of the music and of dave. But on all the great fills and solos, which Dave plays in the beach boy shows, and many  of which he also played on the records,  it is quite clear that after Carl  no one in the world can play those parts except dave.

I am heading back in for the second half now, feeling of the power of the music and yet at once feeling so miserably and inexplicably lonely.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 08:49:29 PM »

Hey David, special thoughts for you this weekend — hope you're soon back on your feet and back to making great music (and enjoying great travels!). A special treat to have seen & heard you in Manchester and London this year, looking forward to the next concerts here, with whichever band! Good vibes!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 09:52:58 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 08:50:18 PM »

OMG -- sending out prayers for David!
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 08:59:39 PM »

Just posted on FB:
Tonight after getting off stage at Eastern Kentucky University, I called home, and Jacquelyne told me the news that David Marks was in the hospital. I want David to know that we are all sending him our prayers, good vibrations and wishes for a complete recovery. I'd like to remind him that I think it would be a great time to practice his TM. The deeper rest will help him heal. Peace and Love, Mike Love

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 09:03:42 PM »

Get well soon, David!

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 09:26:59 PM »

Wow, this is surreal. Best wishes David... you are THE MAN!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 09:34:43 PM »

God bless you, David - get well soon!
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »

Sending much love to David, his family, friends and bandmates. It was a pleasure to finally meet him, say hello and watch him play those legendary licks that are known the world over. I hope he never forgets how admired and respected both the work and the man are.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 09:40:08 PM »

Wow.....Dad went through the same thing about a year ago. Prayers!!!!!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 10:06:16 PM »

David Marks, you have so many well wishers out here that the universe is obliged to harness the well-wishing energy and use it to get you up and better! Have a rest and take care.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 10:07:31 PM »

Good vibrations and prayers for a speedy recovery to David.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 11:11:55 PM »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, David! You're just a couple of weeks older than me, and in addition to your superb guitar playing over the past 50+ years, I'll never forget how incredibly cool you looked when I first saw your photos on the front and back covers of the early BB albums.

Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2015, 11:19:00 PM »

This is obviously pretty shocking! I'll stay tuned for updates but speedy recovery David!

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 12:03:31 AM »

Thinking of you tonight, David and Carrie, and sending out prayers for a speedy recovery. What a blessing it has been to watch you back on the front line with your Hawthorne neighbors, lo these last several years. A gift.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx