gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 07:43:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Talk About Awards For Love and Mercy  (Read 20808 times)
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2015, 05:26:07 PM »

From Brian's Facebook:

Breaking News: San Francisco Film Critics just named Paul Dano as Best Actor in “Love & Mercy.” The film also just won “Best Original Screenplay.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2015, 06:26:26 PM »

Dano's cleaning house with these critics awards

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2015, 07:23:34 PM »

From Brian's Facebook:

Breaking News: San Francisco Film Critics just named Paul Dano as Best Actor in “Love & Mercy.” The film also just won “Best Original Screenplay.

Wow! It seems he's got a good shot to get an Oscar nom for Best Actor. Not being nominated for a SAG award could spell trouble though.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2015, 06:49:48 AM »

I am betting that it was because it wasn't written specifically for the film.

Oscar rules state that any piece of music is ruled ineligible if it receives commercial release prior to use in the film; hence why Jonny Greenwood's masterful score for "There Will Be Blood" was given the shaft back in '08...

So Brian just screwed himself out of a possible Oscar.

Figures.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2015, 10:41:10 AM »

Oscar rules state that any piece of music is ruled ineligible if it receives commercial release prior to use in the film; hence why Jonny Greenwood's masterful score for "There Will Be Blood" was given the shaft back in '08...

Actually, my understanding is that it is considered ineligible for not being featured audibly enough in the film. Too low in the driving scene and too late in the end credits.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2015, 01:11:35 PM »

Love and Mercy just picked up two critics choice awards..

Best supporting Actor, Dano

Best Song, One Kind Of Love.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2015, 02:44:17 PM »

Just got a new time mag in the mail today, person of the year issue.In the section on 10 best movie performances Paul Dano lists as 5th and Elizabeth Banks 6th.   
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2015, 03:56:30 PM »

Actually, my understanding is that it is considered ineligible for not being featured audibly enough in the film. Too low in the driving scene and too late in the end credits.

I concur

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2015, 06:56:54 AM »

In any case people don't think about best song much for movie awards, myself included.  I think of OKOL from NPP myself and not the film.

It's good to see that L&M does keep popping up in various awards circles and in several instances It's been in the top 5 films of the year for one category or another.  Nice that some critics and insiders actually saw it and did their homework. Is L&M the best film of the year.....maybe not, but it sure is worthy of award nominations....including best picture.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx