gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680870 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 09:28:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here's A Beatles project that one could only wish the BBs would emulate  (Read 8251 times)
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 02:39:22 PM »

Oh, I will be getting for sure! Been dying for them to do this for a while now.
ash
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2015, 02:47:16 AM »

It's taken The Beatles 50 years to get this together (pretty pathetic in my opinion) and there are 3 (yes 3) versions of Hello Goodbye on this Fab set. That's at least 2 too many and i count myself a pretty serious Beatle-head.
It's highly doubtful that there's much that hardcore fans of the band haven't already got on bootleg dvd.

Not to stray off topic, but if it’s “pathetic” that the Beatles took this long to get such a set out, I can’t see how it would be disagreeable, after all this time an expense, to provide all three versions of “Hello Goodbye.” 

There are 4 versions iirc. I'd just rather have 5 Paperback Writers or Rains. Hello Goodbye drives me mad and they look pretty bored in it.
There's plenty of other stuff for them to choose from.  All the same, i'm glad Crapple have finally done something positive and i'm really looking forward to it.  I wish they'd take a good hard look at what's been done by Dylan and The Beach Boys in terms of new old audio releases. There is enough material still left for some killer sets should they choose to do it. Problem is, The Beatles are always aimed at the general public while other acts (like Bob and The Beach Boys) realise there's a whole other bunch of obsessive nuts who are genuinely interested in their tape vaults. If the rumours concerning Dylan's end of year release are true, we're looking at something to rival The Smile Sessions box in terms of desirabilty and he's only fairly recently put out the Complete Basement Tapes.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx