gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:54:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do you hate Mike Love?  (Read 167070 times)
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #850 on: August 17, 2015, 07:59:00 AM »

Too many people! :D

It appears you are missing the irony.

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 17, 2015, 07:59:48 AM »

I am more than aware of said irony. Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: August 17, 2015, 08:00:49 AM »

I am more than aware of said irony. Smiley

LOL.  Acknowledging is the first step in recovery.

You are cracking me up TRBB.

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 17, 2015, 08:16:27 AM »

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 17, 2015, 02:00:52 PM »

I think Ang got it, Iain is asking what is wrong with you if you hate Mike.  (1000 yard stare)

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #855 on: August 18, 2015, 02:35:21 AM »

The last year or two we have seen pictures of a couple of Mike's beautiful homes on the market. Another of him and his hot wife beside their pool.

I wish I could have his miserable day to day existence!

Don't we all? Although it is worth noting that money doesn't buy happiness (just all the things necessary to be happy)

They say money doesn't buy happiness, just a better class of enemy. Wrong in this instance, evidently.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #856 on: August 18, 2015, 02:42:49 AM »

That's why all of the bickering is not worth the effort. No one's mind will change. People really think without a touch of sarcasm that Mike actually has "paid" trolls on here. If that's not potentially actionable...

Well, at least you toned the rhetoric down to "potentially" actionable.  Questioning whether or not people are on Mike's pay roll, especially when it is meant figuratively (the clear meaning being that they are doing his bidding), is hardly actionable.  The one person I can recall actually being accused of being on Mike's payroll, AGD, to my recollection, has never been accused of being paid to post in Mike's favor here.  His possibly being on Mike's payroll has been used as an explanation as to why he is so pro-Mike and ready to defend him here.  A huge distinction no court of law would fail to recognize.

EoL

That I've been accused by posters with zero credibility kinda invalidates any potential action. It's also given a lot of folk here and elsewhere a damn good giggle.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: August 18, 2015, 04:13:27 PM »

Can't believe that THIS thread is still wallowing in the mire.  Saw Mike and the Beach Boys 11 nights ago and THEY were simply G R E A T.  Not just good.  Not merely acceptable.  Not maybe better than a bar band.  Not, as is often suggested here, county fair acceptable.  They were just plain friggin' GREAT.  A+ material.

It was WAY better than I had hoped for.  It was OUTstanding.  They honoured the music...instrumentally and vocally.  They NAILED it.  They earned their 'keep'.  And they deserve WAY more respect than they are sometimes afforded here at smiley smile dot net.  Mike may not be Mr. Politically Correct/California 2015...and sometimes he sure as sh*t says some really dink-headed shyte...but when it comes to the Beach Boys circa 2015...the man [and Bruce...and et al] delivers.

So...bottom line...IF you "hate Mike Love"...you're either a poser...or...a dick.  'Cause if you "hate Mike"...then you hate the Beach Boys.  [and I *D O N ' T*.]  No wonder Mike and Bruce [and likely David] don't bother with this site.  There's just WAY too much stupid sh*t posted here.  [daily]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 18, 2015, 06:46:23 PM »

^ Post of the fucking year.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 19, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »

+1

“We live in divisive times.”
Junkstar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 20, 2015, 03:01:22 PM »

Seriously. Enough is enough.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #861 on: August 20, 2015, 04:08:27 PM »

Can't believe that THIS thread is still wallowing in the mire.  Saw Mike and the Beach Boys 11 nights ago and THEY were simply G R E A T.  Not just good.  Not merely acceptable.  Not maybe better than a bar band.  Not, as is often suggested here, county fair acceptable.  They were just plain friggin' GREAT.  A+ material.

It was WAY better than I had hoped for.  It was OUTstanding.  They honoured the music...instrumentally and vocally.  They NAILED it.  They earned their 'keep'.  And they deserve WAY more respect than they are sometimes afforded here at smiley smile dot net.  Mike may not be Mr. Politically Correct/California 2015...and sometimes he sure as sh*t says some really dink-headed shyte...but when it comes to the Beach Boys circa 2015...the man [and Bruce...and et al] delivers.

So...bottom line...IF you "hate Mike Love"...you're either a poser...or...a dick.  'Cause if you "hate Mike"...then you hate the Beach Boys.  [and I *D O N ' T*.]  No wonder Mike and Bruce [and likely David] don't bother with this site.  There's just WAY too much stupid sh*t posted here.  [daily]

I don't understand the "a-guy-can-say-and-do-whatever-he-wants-and-it-doesn't-matter-because-all-that-matters-is-the-music" mentality.  Is that carryover from the Bill Clinton era?  In high school there were beautiful girls I could not bear to date once I got to know them.  Maybe you would have banged them and left before the sun came up, but I was disgusted.  To each his own I guess.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 20, 2015, 04:18:39 PM »

I don't understand the "a-guy-can-say-and-do-whatever-he-wants-and-it-doesn't-matter-because-all-that-matters-is-the-music" mentality.  Is that carryover from the Bill Clinton era?  In high school there were beautiful girls I could not bear to date once I got to know them.  Maybe you would have banged them and left before the sun came up, but I was disgusted.  To each his own I guess.

I'm not a fan of this thread or those like it, but I do think I can comment on this, perhaps making a distinction that you'd consider.

The beautiful high school girls you recall, you may not want to date them, but certainly you saw them as beautiful.

Mike Love--or any other musician--might do or say something (hell, everything) that you don't like, but when their purpose in a listener's life is presumably that of music-maker, how is it relevant? Sure, the pretty high schooler might have been abhorrent. And sure, Love might be (or might not be, I've never met the man) a dick. But if you're a music fan looking for music to listen to, how does it matter in the slightest? That's the part I just don't understand. Listening is an aural experience related only to the music on the black discs, the little silver discs, the 1s and 0s you download or stream. It isn't the depositions or the interviews.

If he's your husband, if he's your neighbor, if he's your friend, it makes sense. But he's the guy writing and singing songs, some of which you apparently like. Why obsess over irrelevant aspects? 

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 20, 2015, 04:30:56 PM »

I'm not a fan of this thread or those like it, but I do think I can comment on this, perhaps making a distinction that you'd consider.

The beautiful high school girls you recall, you may not want to date them, but certainly you saw them as beautiful.

Mike Love--or any other musician--might do or say something (hell, everything) that you don't like, but when their purpose in a listener's life is presumably that of music-maker, how is it relevant? Sure, the pretty high schooler might have been abhorrent. And sure, Love might be (or might not be, I've never met the man) a dick. But if you're a music fan looking for music to listen to, how does it matter in the slightest? That's the part I just don't understand. Listening is an aural experience related only to the music on the black discs, the little silver discs, the 1s and 0s you download or stream. It isn't the depositions or the interviews.

If he's your husband, if he's your neighbor, if he's your friend, it makes sense. But he's the guy writing and singing songs, some of which you apparently like. Why obsess over irrelevant aspects? 

Because some people it seems can't just enjoy the music of the Beach Boys without feeling the need to personally interject themselves into the life of one Brian Wilson and have it stuck in their heads that Mike is cause of many of his past issues.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 20, 2015, 05:08:19 PM »

I don't understand the "a-guy-can-say-and-do-whatever-he-wants-and-it-doesn't-matter-because-all-that-matters-is-the-music" mentality.  Is that carryover from the Bill Clinton era?  In high school there were beautiful girls I could not bear to date once I got to know them.  Maybe you would have banged them and left before the sun came up, but I was disgusted.  To each his own I guess.

Because some people it seems can't just enjoy the music of the Beach Boys without feeling the need to personally interject themselves into the life of one Brian Wilson and have it stuck in their heads that Mike is cause of many of his past issues.

Mike being the cause: no.

Mike being at times indirect a contributor to such past issues, or someone who inadvertently exacerbated those issues? I don't think one could unequivocally say the answer is no. Acknowledging this doesn't mean he has to be "blamed" for anything.  It's just called being realistic. Speaking personally, I can say that some people in my life have done things and acted in certain not-particularly-good ways that indirectly led to certain issues down the road for me. Doesn't mean it's their "fault", but they contributed to the issues, when combined with nature and nurture. It's a thing that happens. Don't pretend it's not.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:10:47 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 20, 2015, 05:16:47 PM »

I don't understand the "a-guy-can-say-and-do-whatever-he-wants-and-it-doesn't-matter-because-all-that-matters-is-the-music" mentality.

That statement could easily apply to Brian Wilson and Dennis Wilson. Actually, that statement is more accurate if you DO apply it to Brian Wilson and Dennis Wilson.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 20, 2015, 05:52:01 PM »

I don't understand the "a-guy-can-say-and-do-whatever-he-wants-and-it-doesn't-matter-because-all-that-matters-is-the-music" mentality.

That statement could easily apply to Brian Wilson and Dennis Wilson. Actually, that statement is more accurate if you DO apply it to Brian Wilson and Dennis Wilson.

That's not entirely untrue, but why do you think it's more often applied to Mike? Is it just happenstance? There are legit reasons why people side more with forgiving the behavior of some people more than other people that have nothing to do with their last names or looks. Don't pretend that it's out of thin air or for entirely bogus reasons. If Dennis Wilson and Mike Love flipped personalities,  it wouldn't somehow magically make people more forgiving because of the last names and looks were switched, if that's what you think is the cause of such a gross miscarriage of justice (assuming that's how you feel about the situation).
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #867 on: August 20, 2015, 08:13:56 PM »

Can't believe that THIS thread is still wallowing in the mire.  Saw Mike and the Beach Boys 11 nights ago and THEY were simply G R E A T.  Not just good.  Not merely acceptable.  Not maybe better than a bar band.  Not, as is often suggested here, county fair acceptable.  They were just plain friggin' GREAT.  A+ material.

It was WAY better than I had hoped for.  It was OUTstanding.  They honoured the music...instrumentally and vocally.  They NAILED it.  They earned their 'keep'.  And they deserve WAY more respect than they are sometimes afforded here at smiley smile dot net.  Mike may not be Mr. Politically Correct/California 2015...and sometimes he sure as sh*t says some really dink-headed shyte...but when it comes to the Beach Boys circa 2015...the man [and Bruce...and et al] delivers.

So...bottom line...IF you "hate Mike Love"...you're either a poser...or...a dick.  'Cause if you "hate Mike"...then you hate the Beach Boys.  [and I *D O N ' T*.]  No wonder Mike and Bruce [and likely David] don't bother with this site.  There's just WAY too much stupid sh*t posted here.  [daily]

It's QUITE clear that you don't understand very much at all.  Dull is a word which quickly comes to mind.  I mean good-gawd....you totally ignored the  middle section of the quote which dealt directly with your whimsical issue about a public figure not measuring up to PERFECTION.  So let ME quote me...you half-miler...

"Mike may not be Mr. Politically Correct/California 2015...and sometimes he sure as sh*t says some really dink-headed shyte...but when it comes to the Beach Boys circa 2015...the man [and Bruce...and et al] delivers."

Of course it "matters".  THAT is why I typed it into my post.  But YOU...you weasel...act as if it wasn't taken into account...and in doing so enabled yourself so that you could then make your point at my expense.

Do you live in some dream-world where politicians and priests...scout leaders and actors...Mick Jagger and musicians...and Mike Love should ALL rise about being mere humans and deliver according to the rules which you likely can't personably play by either?

Mike Love has made mistakes in his personal life.  So have *I*.  So have YOU.  But you know what?  Even though JFK DID have sex with Norma Jean when she was spiralling toward some degree of destruction...there are still things about him which people admire...to this day.  AND...they credit him for those accomplishments.  The difference here 'Empire of selective quotes' is that JFK still gets credit for the things he did right.  There are circles here which will not afford Mr. Love any credit for the things he actually gets right.  I call that pure unadulterated BULLSHIT.  I'll finish by quoting YOU...

"To each his own I guess."

More bullshit.

Yours.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:46:04 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #868 on: August 20, 2015, 09:42:57 PM »

Nonsense about Brian.  First, that would not justify anyone who is making the same mistake in favor of Brian.  Second, are you admitting Mike should be taken to task as long as Brian is?  Third, explanations are given for Brian's *past* actions such as: mental illness, drugs, Murry, unbearable pressure, etc.  An explanation is quite different than an excuse.  I don't recall anyone simply blowing off his bad behavior because hey, character doesn't matter, the music does.  I don't get that mind set or your, "well it applies even more to Brian".  This is a thread about Mike Love being a dbag, are you unable to admit Mike has been a pecker unless someone first admits Brian has been one too?  Fourth, how frequently do you read current interviews with Brian where he is an ass, where he is tearing down Mike?  It almost never happens.  But Mike makes it a point in almost every interview.  Brian doesn't keep stoking the fire, Mike does.  Brian had admitted his mistakes and moved on.  Mike has yet to admit his.  When asked about his regrets in life he points out Brian's drug use.  People tend to give second chances and forgive past wrongs when a man admits he was in error.  Mike won't admit he is wrong so he can't expect the same level of forgiveness.

Sorry Sheriff, your comparison really doesn't work.

EoL

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #869 on: August 20, 2015, 09:52:23 PM »

Can't believe that THIS thread is still wallowing in the mire.  Saw Mike and the Beach Boys 11 nights ago and THEY were simply G R E A T.  Not just good.  Not merely acceptable.  Not maybe better than a bar band.  Not, as is often suggested here, county fair acceptable.  They were just plain friggin' GREAT.  A+ material.

It was WAY better than I had hoped for.  It was OUTstanding.  They honoured the music...instrumentally and vocally.  They NAILED it.  They earned their 'keep'.  And they deserve WAY more respect than they are sometimes afforded here at smiley smile dot net.  Mike may not be Mr. Politically Correct/California 2015...and sometimes he sure as sh*t says some really dink-headed shyte...but when it comes to the Beach Boys circa 2015...the man [and Bruce...and et al] delivers.

So...bottom line...IF you "hate Mike Love"...you're either a poser...or...a dick.  'Cause if you "hate Mike"...then you hate the Beach Boys.  [and I *D O N ' T*.]  No wonder Mike and Bruce [and likely David] don't bother with this site.  There's just WAY too much stupid sh*t posted here.  [daily]

It's QUITE clear that you don't understand very much at all.  Dull is a word which quickly comes to mind.  I mean good-gawd....you totally ignored the  middle section of the quote which dealt directly with your whimsical issue about a public figure not measuring up to PERFECTION.  So let ME quote me...you half-miler...

"Mike may not be Mr. Politically Correct/California 2015...and sometimes he sure as sh*t says some really dink-headed shyte...but when it comes to the Beach Boys circa 2015...the man [and Bruce...and et al] delivers."

Of course it "matters".  THAT is why I typed it into my post.  But YOU...you weasel...act as if it wasn't taken into account...and in doing so enabled yourself so that you could then make your point at my expense.

Do you live in some dream-world where politicians and priests...scout leaders and actors...Mick Jagger and musicians...and Mike Love should ALL rise about being mere humans and deliver according to the rules which you likely can't personably play by either?

Mike Love has made mistakes in his personal life.  So have *I*.  So have YOU.  But you know what?  Even though JFK DID have sex with Norma Jean when she was spiralling toward some degree of destruction...there are still things about him which people admire...to this day.  AND...they credit him for those accomplishments.  The difference here 'Empire of selective quotes' is that JFK still gets credit for the things he did right.  There are circles here which will not afford Mr. Love any credit for the things he actually gets right.  I call that pure unadulterated BULLSHIT.  I'll finish by quoting YOU...

More bullshit.

Yours.

Add Some: I had a bit of a nasty reply here but I'm deleting it.  I've always liked you as a poster and if I've misunderstood your particular position my apologies.  There certainly those who excuse Mike for everything he says and does and my post is directed toward them.  I think you took things a bit far calling those who don't like ML dickheads and posers, but overall I haven't got a gripe against you.

EoL
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:02:54 PM by Empire Of Love » Logged

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: August 20, 2015, 10:14:44 PM »

Nonsense about Brian.  First, that would not justify anyone who is making the same mistake in favor of Brian.  Second, are you admitting Mike should be taken to task as long as Brian is?  Third, explanations are given for Brian's *past* actions such as: mental illness, drugs, Murry, unbearable pressure, etc.  An explanation is quite different than an excuse.  I don't recall anyone simply blowing off his bad behavior because hey, character doesn't matter, the music does.  I don't get that mind set or your, "well it applies even more to Brian".  This is a thread about Mike Love being a dbag, are you unable to admit Mike has been a pecker unless someone first admits Brian has been one too?  Fourth, how frequently do you read current interviews with Brian where he is an ass, where he is tearing down Mike?  It almost never happens.  But Mike makes it a point in almost every interview.  Brian doesn't keep stoking the fire, Mike does.  Brian had admitted his mistakes and moved on.  Mike has yet to admit his.  When asked about his regrets in life he points out Brian's drug use.  People tend to give second chances and forgive past wrongs when a man admits he was in error.  Mike won't admit he is wrong so he can't expect the same level of forgiveness.

Sorry Sheriff, your comparison really doesn't work.

EoL

Well put.
SIP Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin' To The Beach!

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 21, 2015, 03:14:11 AM »

More bullshit.

Yours.

This is the best post in the history of the board. Anyone saying Add Some is making a public ass of himself, spoiling all credibility he may have had as he slips into the same angry mentality as everyone else over nothing and really just making himself look foolish especially since he used to post insulting things about mike constantly is dead WRONG. I have said and done a lot for the sake of the Mike, and the viewpoint that I guess you can't see if you're born on the other side of the fence.

I'm with you 100%

Music, after all, is all about lifting mood.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #872 on: August 21, 2015, 06:01:48 AM »

Really not sure that I've posted insulting things about Mike "constantly".  I do admit to taking shots when I thought it was warranted and deserved.  I ALSO believe in issuing credit when it's DESERVED.   The concert I attended August 8, 2015 was close to as good as ANY Beach Boys show I've ever seen.  [and heard]  Better than some too.

Much of the Beach Boys insider 'crap' happened back when I was in my late teens.  Some of it more recently.  NO ONE is perfect and perhaps we spend too much time judging others w/o affording them the chance to judge us in return.  Hardly seems fair or right does it?

Mike Love...and Bruce...and the rest of this HIGHLY talented and really well rehearsed unit jist helped the Rotary Club raise over $100,000. for a Hospice for our municipality.  And they did it with an effort any band would have been proud of.  But Mike's an 'arse' so it doesn't count?  That's crap.

So when I call people who rain their vitriol down on Mike NO MATTER WHAT "posers and dicks" I mean it.  It's obviously dishonest...and heartless...and totally NOT realistic.  Geez I love the music but those asshats who sing it?  Screw them?  No matter what?  Bullshit!!!  There's no balance and, as such, it's dishonest.
----------------------------------------

Meanwhile the thread which won't go away...won't go away.  Like it matters.  There's already the new replacement thread gathering steam and posts.

And what do they say?

Mike's an ass.
No he isn't.
Yes he is.
No he isn't.
Yes he is.
No he isn't.
Yes he is.

'til the friggin' cows come home.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:15:15 AM by Add Some » Logged

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 21, 2015, 06:20:38 AM »

People tend to give second chances and forgive past wrongs when a man admits he was in error.

People tend to give second chances and forgive past wrongs to a man who can write beautiful music. Brian Wilson and Dennis Wilson are perfect examples of this. And, this board and people like you are proof of it.

If Brian Wilson and Dennis Wilson led their lives the way they did - and it's a part of history now - and never gave us the beautiful music they did, I'm guessing you wouldn't have such a high opinion of them. We tend to overlook a lot of things with people who provide us with pleasure. And, conversely, we don't tolerate, forgive, or give second chances to those who don't.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:30:47 AM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 21, 2015, 06:49:44 AM »

Really not sure that I've posted insulting things about Mike "constantly".  I do admit to taking shots when I thought it was warranted and deserved.  I ALSO believe in issuing credit when it's DESERVED.   The concert I attended August 8, 2015 was close to as good as ANY Beach Boys show I've ever seen.  [and heard]  Better than some too.

Much of the Beach Boys insider 'crap' happened back when I was in my late teens.  Some of it more recently.  NO ONE is perfect and perhaps we spend too much time judging others w/o affording them the chance to judge us in return.  Hardly seems fair or right does it?

Mike Love...and Bruce...and the rest of this HIGHLY talented and really well rehearsed unit jist helped the Rotary Club raise over $100,000. for a Hospice for our municipality.  And they did it with an effort any band would have been proud of.  But Mike's an 'arse' so it doesn't count?  That's crap.

So when I call people who rain their vitriol down on Mike NO MATTER WHAT "posers and dicks" I mean it.  It's obviously dishonest...and heartless...and totally NOT realistic.  Geez I love the music but those asshats who sing it?  Screw them?  No matter what?  Bullshit!!!  There's no balance and, as such, it's dishonest.
----------------------------------------

Meanwhile the thread which won't go away...won't go away.  Like it matters.  There's already the new replacement thread gathering steam and posts.

And what do they say?

Mike's an ass.
No he isn't.
Yes he is.
No he isn't.
Yes he is.
No he isn't.
Yes he is.

'til the friggin' cows come home.
Thank you for adding some sanity to the conversation. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian