gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:15:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unleash The Love - Mike Love 2005 album  (Read 12501 times)
Beachlad
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 02:07:09 PM »

Wrinkles  reminds me of a lot of early to mid 70's bubble gum songs.  It isn't the worse thing I have heard.  Heck it is better than 90 percent of the dreck that is considered music today.  That said I wouldn't  buy the single:)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:48:27 PM by Beachlad » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 02:09:32 PM »

I think you'll find that it's only better than 7% of the dreck that is considered music today. 9 out 10 dentists agree with me.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2015, 02:16:20 PM »

I think you'll find that it's only better than 7% of the dreck that is considered music today. 9 out 10 dentists agree with me.

Would that be MORE or LESS true,  if 9 out of 10 dentists were named Jardine?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 02:18:53 PM »

Yes.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2015, 12:45:04 AM »

Wrinkles  reminds me of a lot of early to mid 70's bubble gum songs.  It isn't the worse thing I have heard.  Heck it is better than 90 percent of the dreck that is considered music today.  That said I wouldn't  buy the single:)

After M.I.U. and Summer in Paradise have become fan favorites, Wrinkles is next. Mark my words.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2015, 12:56:26 AM »

Over my cold and lifeless body...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 12:59:59 AM »

No one buys CDs anymore. Some inside info - even a band that can sell 30,000 tickets might only  sell aroun 5 CDs

So, just proved yourself wrong. Five is five more than "no-one".

I buy CDs. Guess I'm no-one...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 01:54:30 AM »

No one buys CDs anymore. Some inside info - even a band that can sell 30,000 tickets might only  sell aroun 5 CDs

You're like a child in the way you point the most stupidly basic things out. For a band that can sell 30,000 tickets, 5CDs might as well be no sales at all - and as I said this is at live shows. Obviously people buy CDs but NOT at concerts.

marcusb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 03:45:53 AM »

You're like a child in the way you point the most stupidly basic things out. For a band that can sell 30,000 tickets, 5CDs might as well be no sales at all - and as I said this is at live shows. Obviously people buy CDs but NOT at concerts.

I've bought plenty of CDs at various concerts. What are you talking about?
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 05:14:23 AM »

Considering you're a member of a music message board would you really consider yourself a part of the majority of people who attend concerts?

My information comes directly from musicians and business people involved in the music industry as their life's work. I do work on the side of my full time job with a fairly famous and very successful music producer, songwriter, sound engineer and DJ. She has said definitively that along with dwindling music sales in general, especially over the last 10 years with the popularization of torrenting music and file sharing, that CDs do not sell well at concerts. It's direct information.

Maybe I'm wrong though and mike loves awful music will sell extremely well at beach boys concerts. Its a wonderful business idea, so good I'm shocked he isn't doing it already! Did you enjoy such songs as "409", " I get around" or "Wendy"?  Then you just HAVE to hear Mike Loves remake of the beach boys classic,  Brian's Back. Now with 35% more cheese.

IainLee
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 05:20:37 AM »

I am considering this as a genuine release. I've already approached BB management and Mike is being sent a copy of the Dolenz LP I released to see what we can do.

If anyone can furnish any info - dates, musicians, producers, other tracks recorded - please do let me know.

Thanks
KDS
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 05:22:30 AM »

After M.I.U. and Summer in Paradise have become fan favorites, Wrinkles is next. Mark my words.

I know that the years have been somewhat kind to MIU, but when did SIP become a fan favorite? 

Was it yesterday?  Was there a vote? 
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 05:56:21 AM »

A cd for sale at a concert that is generally not available anywhere else?
Keep the price to something reasonable ($15), I'd buy that before a hat or a overpriced t-shirt

what doesn't normally sell is a popular bands latest CD at a concert, because the fans already have it before the concert.

For a band who's on the nostalgia circuit, you would think this would be a no-brainer providing they don't overcharge for it!

Smiley

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
marcusb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 07:34:52 AM »

Considering you're a member of a music message board would you really consider yourself a part of the majority of people who attend concerts?

My information comes directly from musicians and business people involved in the music industry as their life's work. I do work on the side of my full time job with a fairly famous and very successful music producer, songwriter, sound engineer and DJ. She has said definitively that along with dwindling music sales in general, especially over the last 10 years with the popularization of torrenting music and file sharing, that CDs do not sell well at concerts. It's direct information.

I doubt they'd bother dedicating any space to it at all if they truly don't sell. You'd put merch out that does sell.

Also, I saw the C50 tour and ML did an awesome job pushing the new CD. I'm sure they sold a ton.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 07:38:08 AM by marcusb » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 07:44:02 AM »

You can believe whatever you want. All I have is a few facts that I thought were relevant, and you have what you think should be true.

marcusb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 08:19:57 AM »

You can believe whatever you want. All I have is a few facts that I thought were relevant, and you have what you think should be true.

Thank you for giving me permission to express my opinions on the internet.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2015, 09:19:53 AM »

Maybe I'm wrong though and mike loves awful music will sell extremely well at beach boys concerts. Its a wonderful business idea, so good I'm shocked he isn't doing it already! Did you enjoy such songs as "409", " I get around" or "Wendy"?  Then you just HAVE to hear Mike Loves remake of the beach boys classic,  Brian's Back. Now with 35% more cheese.

A little off topic, but I notice that some artists (Neil Young is one I believe) are including copies of cd's with purchase of concert tickets. Just wondering if Mike could do the same, and maybe then divert a portion of the touring revenue under the classification of product sales (CD) away from BRI. then he could also claim that his album sold "hundreds of thousands" Tongue
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »

I attend a lot of oldies concerts, and the cd's those bands sell - Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone, Paul Revere and the Raiders - sure seem to sell well to the fans lining up for autographs.
Matt Etherton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2015, 08:51:39 PM »

The Dolenz LP is so great (a companion LP of the unreleased Dolenz stuff from then would be nice Grin).  My other favorite band besides The Beach Boys IS The Monkees (you should hear Dolenz sing "Wild Honey"!)
Problem is, Unleash The Love wasn't done, and we've heard the best stuff...yet still, if Dolenz sells a thousand, certainy Mike's stuff would (and technically, all the Dolenz stuff was already released). GOOD LUCK 7A! Awesome work so far!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2015, 11:52:57 PM »

Chalk me down for a copy… while you're at it, chalk me down for copies of First Love and Cintry Love too, as well as Looking Back With Love, which still isn't out on CD. Sweet Insanity would be an ideal companion release…

More than happy for you to Unleash the Love for the time being!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:18:52 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2015, 12:04:55 AM »

This needs a re-release for shore Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZjz39Df1Vs

And I deliberately said shore instead of sure.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2015, 02:16:54 AM »

Id buy it. Not sure Mike or any of the Beach Boys for that matter (how long was Al waiting for a "deal" before releasing his record?) have a great understanding of how the industry works these days so he will probably ask you for a 6 figure advance and a new car  LOL

Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2015, 03:56:43 AM »

I am considering this as a genuine release. I've already approached BB management and Mike is being sent a copy of the Dolenz LP I released to see what we can do.

If anyone can furnish any info - dates, musicians, producers, other tracks recorded - please do let me know.

Thanks

That's great news. Hope this music gets a proper release soon!

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2015, 04:13:34 AM »

Whaaa?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2015, 06:16:57 AM »

Just bought two Brian CD's last month.  I believe in paying for the labor and production of musicians. At C50, Al sold his Postcard from California, autographed. The BB's sold ten-packs of TWGMTR with a bonus CD fully autographed by the five of them.  At $100, it was a bargain, as stocking stuffers.

They are always available at BW/ BB / AJ concerts.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx