gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:10:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl Wilson - 1st soloalbum-rerelease news!  (Read 29805 times)
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2015, 11:42:44 AM »

I haven't been able to find this on Amazon. Does anyone have a link?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014JC1A7Q?gwSec=1&redirect=true&ref_=s9_simh_gw_p15_d2_i1
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2015, 02:33:07 PM »

Got mine today; great liner notes by Billy Hinsche, and comments from Carl's sons.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2015, 02:57:44 PM »

Got mine today; great liner notes by Billy Hinsche, and comments from Carl's sons.
I agree and it sounds pretty good too. I received mine today, as well.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2015, 03:23:08 PM »

Arriving tomorrow, according to Amazon.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2015, 10:51:40 AM »

Got mine on Friday.  The remastering is pretty good.  Kind of surprised there was no bonus tracks.  I know there was a pretty decent soundboard floating around of Carl playing some of these tracks live (as well as throwing in "Long Promised Road" and "I Thank You")...couldn't they have included those as well?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »

Got mine on Friday.  The remastering is pretty good.  Kind of surprised there was no bonus tracks.  I know there was a pretty decent soundboard floating around of Carl playing some of these tracks live (as well as throwing in "Long Promised Road" and "I Thank You")...couldn't they have included those as well?
They should have at least included the 45 edits of "Hold Me" and "Heaven". Youngblood included the single version of "Givin' You Up".  I used to have a cassette of that album, and I could swear that song was longer on the cassette than on the record. "What You Do to Me" was not on the cassette, even though it was listed on the insert.
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2015, 09:21:05 AM »

Stupid question: I don't have my LP handy at the moment, is the "Brights Lights" typo on the original release or is that unique to the CD?

Great to finally have this on CD.  It will never be a favorite, but it's nice to listen to every once in a while.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2015, 09:54:04 AM »

Stupid question: I don't have my LP handy at the moment, is the "Brights Lights" typo on the original release or is that unique to the CD?

Great to finally have this on CD.  It will never be a favorite, but it's nice to listen to every once in a while.

Not a stupid question, got me thinking and looking.
The original LP and the original Japanese CD format both list the track correctly as 'Bright Lights'
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2015, 10:40:34 AM »

Not a stupid question, got me thinking and looking.
The original LP and the original Japanese CD format both list the track correctly as 'Bright Lights'
Good catch gfac22!  I'm not sure how they do these covers, but it means they don't just photocopy the album and shrink it down in size.  They must have re-set the type.  If they fix this in the second pressing, we'll know how to spot a first pressing.

btw, I'm not ignoring this thread...said I would get right back with notes on my first listen.  Well, other than to say this is a very fine mastering, I'm waiting til I can give this another listen this week-end.  One thing that stood out was that you can really turn this puppy up.  Vic did the Youngblood Cd mastering as well.  I want to go back and compare that to this new one.  I don't remember if you could turn that up as much as this.  It's nice to see the days of the loudness war coming to an end.  Somebody get that news to McCartney.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2015, 10:48:09 AM »

I am really enjoying Billy's informative liner notes, and there's a cool new-to-me photo of Carl in the tray liner.

As for the album, I've had it on Japanese CD for a long time, so I still enjoy the music as always.  Smiley
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2015, 04:27:38 PM »

I am really enjoying Billy's informative liner notes, and there's a cool new-to-me photo of Carl in the tray liner.

As for the album, I've had it on Japanese CD for a long time, so I still enjoy the music as always.  Smiley
Billy did great notes for both of Carl's solo cd's, nice to read about it from one of the guys who was there.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2015, 06:03:21 AM »

Received my copy today. Absolutely excellent, meaningful and magnificent liner notes from Billy Hinsche, with wonderful words from Justyn Wilson. The album sounds awesome remasted too!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2015, 08:43:42 AM »

My copy arrived at a good friend's house today, he's bringing it in for me tomorrow. Can't wait to hear a good quality version of this album!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:09:46 AM by Mike's Beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2015, 02:24:31 PM »

I have had the vinyl for years now and always liked the LP, but now, with the superior remastered sound - it cooks!
Carl Forever
Smiley Smile Associate

yabba dabba do

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2015, 03:21:04 PM »

I believe Carls new release is part of the many giveaways ESQ is having right now, no entry needed, just have a subscription: https://www.facebook.com/ESQ.Editor/photos/pcb.10153629932757487/10153629930047487/?type=3&theater
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2015, 10:29:30 PM »

I believe Carls new release is part of the many giveaways ESQ is having right now, no entry needed, just have a subscription: https://www.facebook.com/ESQ.Editor/photos/pcb.10153629932757487/10153629930047487/?type=3&theater
I already have it.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx